Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I'll need some time to soak the setup in, but I don't love the Universal Backup side of things. Maybe I'm just biased against that role. The setup isn't like crazy or anything, I don't think many changes need to be made.

Role Watcher, does that mean it only watches for actions made, not factional like scum kill?

I like Activated IC, so maybe we can fit that in there. I think Universal Backup doesn't get to activate it again, it might just auto activate if the IC is activated? Ircher, what do you know about that? My thought process behind it is a 2-shot Cop who's used 1 shot and dies, only 1-shot Cop would be Backed Up because they used one, right? Activated IC should, in theory, be the same thing?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4, Mizzytastic wrote:Role Watcher gets role names, instead of player names. It's listed as normal on the wiki but if that's inaccurate I'm happy to change it been as if it's not normal it's also not necessary for the initial design idea I had
I've just been away for a while, so some of the recently added stuff isn't ingrained in me as much as I'd like it to be. That's fine. It's a bit weaker than regular Watcher for sure.

Spoiler:
In post 6, Ircher wrote:
In post 4, Mizzytastic wrote:Role Watcher gets role names, instead of player names. It's listed as normal on the wiki but if that's inaccurate I'm happy to change it been as if it's not normal it's also not necessary for the initial design idea I had
This is my understanding of the role as well.
---
Re: Universal Backup and Activated IC : I don't think I've seen that combination before, but your interpretation of the interaction seems reasonable. At the same time though, I feel the opposite interaction is also reasonable as Activated doesn't really seem to be a persistent effect. Take an Activated Bulletproof for instance. When they use their ability, they are bulletproof on that night, but on subsequent nights, they aren't bulletproof. A person who inherits Activated Bulletproof (without restrictions) can certainly activate it on a following night. The thing that makes activated IC a bit different is that further activations have no real effect. I think I personally lean towards the latter in that the inherited activated IC not being immediately revealed.
---
Another thing to be wary of with Universal Backups: If multiple roles die in a night, a choice needs to be made as to which role is inherited. The traditional choice according to the wiki is the mafia factional kill is prioritized; the main thing is to make a choice now during the review phase so the setup is deterministic.

Yeah, I think it's okay to do it either way, but yes, on the UB, as long as you make the choice pre game, it's okay, that's just a design choice at that point.

I also don't know if scum should have a full Role Cop. It would honestly kinda suck to be Serial Killer and scum Role Cop catches him out because they're a full role cop. 1-shot Role Cop, to me, feels better with the setup, and essentially gives all of Scum 1-shot abilities, which I kind of like as a style.

You can also make the IC a Macho Activated Innocent Child, meaning they can't be protected from a night kill.

However, I believe Rolestopper still would stop a kill, since it's not protecting, it's nullifying, so that could actually be pretty cool synergy.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Blocker and Stopper are going to be able to cancel out each other and cause WIFOM.

Yeah, Macho Activated IC in place of one of those VT could be nice.

I think it's a solid setup.

Rolestopper
Role Watcher
Lazy Roleblocker
Novice Combined Doctor Tracker
Universal Backup
Macho Activated Innocent Child
9* VT

Rolecop
1-shot Strongman
1-shot Ninja
1-shot Bulletproof

Non-consecutive Nights Commuter Serial Killer

@Ircher - how are you feeling with this?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think it's slightly scum sided still if the SK wasn't in the game, but anticipating SK swing, I think scum can get screwed over, so they need a little bit, and I think this works pretty well.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

2-shot for Rolestopper and Role Watched could work.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

that works as well, probably better.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 20, Mizzytastic wrote:Though I'm not entirely sure how loud interacts with all the blocking floating around. I guess it just doesn't happen so no noise?
it would just matter if the action went through or not. If it was blocked, the loud action wouldn't go through thus making it it so the receiver wouldn't get notified.

But I think full Role Watcher is fine. It is a low power role, so 2-shot Role Stopper is probably gated enough.

SK is just hard to account for balance wise, but I have modded a fair amount of multiball myself, and I think it's good to lean on the side of town strength in them because of the possible 2 deaths per night for town. Again, gated because of SK commuter ability, but I think it's in a solid spot and won't be able to mech clear the game based on the high number of VT's.

With the 2-shot Rolestopper, I'm happy to let the setup go once we get the Role PM's looked at.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I tend to not even mention the L word rule, since it follows site rules now, but I don’t see any issue with the way you’ve worded it now.

Odd-Nights would be fine, if that’s what you prefer.

I don’t think you should do a sample SK wincon. That brings in Mod WIFOM and people can guess or predict SK more easily, which hinders SK more.

Even if they could be blocked, the way you worded them is fine because if it didn’t go through, it just means blocked. No need to let them know that, they gotta figure it out.

I’m happy with all of that, Ircher’s big post seems to have helped with all the nitty gritty. If you don’t have any more questions, I’m happy to pass.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Pass

I'll message Implosion.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”