NaNoWriMo 2020!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Creature »

I have updated to use this schedule:
Spoiler: November 2020 word schedule

So weekdays (20 in total) I have 1250 which should be a fairly achievable goal and when it's weekend (10 in total) I should try to aim for the double each day. I'll obviously aim to write over the minimum goal so in the event I fail a day I can compensate. I'll mostly follow how much I write each week, so the first week I need to aim for 12500 words, the next three weeks I'll need 11250 words, and the last two days 3750 words. At the end of each week, I can evaluate if I can shorten my goals or if I need to be more strict to compensate for the lack.

Today, the first day, I have written
words, which puts me in a green, while also finishing the first chapter of the novel. I'm willing to call it a day and whatever I decide to write beyond midnight I will count as the second day. There is a lot of space to be worked on in the first chapter, though, especially the dialogues and the setting, but I'd rather finish the first novel draft before I get to improvements.

I also don't want to pester this thread all the time for an update, so I'll be announcing word updates in this discord: https://discord.gg/3u6RKXy944
Sigh

Return to “General Discussion”