Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #8175 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The tone of that post just reeks of disregard for our abilities. Did you know I actually have an award on my homesite I earned for a strong scumgame? Maybe I should take some time to show you how I won it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Christøpher
Christøpher
Goon
Christøpher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8176 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Christøpher »

In post 8166, Bell wrote:Ironically Christopher scum was complaining about hydras because he in fact was using it as an excuse not to hunt. >.>
no it really was because they were spamming and I had to play on my phone for at least a week, made it impossible to keep up

just replaced out because having to zoom in on names to see who was talking wasn't worth the work

and mod totally confirmed banhydras
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8177 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

:O: @Mena's reads in the dead thread. Aside from MM, we did everything you said we should, and that's probably why it took us so long to win. :P

(Seriously though, this probably means the people you were SRing were playing sub-optimally, and it makes me feel better about nuking ddl)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8178 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by mastina »

For what it's worth tho.

I do feel this game had far, far, far, far too many pages.

There are genuinely large swathes of the game I didn't end up reading, mostly near the end of days.
I felt that a lot of people were spamming repeats of opinions that only needed to be said first, and a bunch of people were struggling to grasp really simple concepts that should've only required one explanation, but required superbowl9 among others to explain no less than ten games (the number of times that the mechanics of the 3ps needed to be laid out was insane), leading to an ingame meme.

If those repeats didn't happen, the game was probably going to be much shorter and much more manageable.
And, having the PT helps for having buddies inform you of things you haven't read, making it easier to get caught up.

So for me personally, it wasn't a problem, but I do understand why it'd be a problem to other people.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8179 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

don't really think that BH was mod confirmed town but I could see how Sam could have interpreted that and schaad shouldn't have called thier post good.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8180 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by mastina »

That having been said.
I feel like, just in general, by and large, all of the town and 3ps had largely accurate reads even without knowing about the huge townbloc to form mechanically; with that, we were able to hone in and refine it, perfect it, get rid of paranoia, but I feel like the town players as a whole were more or less looking in the right areas even on D1.

I do think that the 3ps being all trusted as town made the game townsided, but I still feel like we performed well aside from the townsided setup, and not specifically because of it.

That is to say.

I think without the setup being so townsided, we probably don't stomp as hard as we did, but we probably still win this anyway.
But I will confess that as a 3p who was in the group, I'm probably biased in this opinion.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8181 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I was in a game not too long ago where Mastina predicted a "town stomp" b/c all the players that rolled scum were mediocre and town were me and others. And the same point that Mastina brings up that Gamma himself thought all the strong players rolled town. It wasn't about "disrespect" just me stating what I feel is an objective fact. Scum didn't play that well, though they also got hard screwed by the setup.

Am I arrogant for calling myself a superstar? sure man but I do think I'm just a really solid player so eh...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8182 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@mastina: Your decision to hood me paved the way to town victory. I guess Titus did pretty well when she took over after you were NK'd.

Over all your team played exceptionally well and deserved the win regardless (i.e. EVEN if this was townsided, because you were NOT Town to begin with. It was your PLAY that made it swing that hard towards Town)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8183 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like I’ll agree Titus and mastina made good on their reputations this game. I don’t think you have that sort of reputation, Nero.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #8184 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 8179, Nero Cain wrote:don't really think that BH was mod confirmed town but I could see how Sam could have interpreted that and schaad shouldn't have called thier post good.
so i agreed with this but then i read this post from the mod thread

Subject: fucking mystery box of silver 10 (this is done)
schadd_ wrote:i want to amend this to note it would be irresponsible if i thought i could guarantee i was being 100% NAI - i just don't think it's that big of a thing (hilariously people have been suggesting it makes ban hydras as well as samantha both town & maf in this game) plus, whatever wording it is that makes the game most hospitable to the players is more important to me than scraping together every ounce of game integrity. i would sell any of my games down the river to make the people playing them more comfortable
and i think i absolutely agree i think that the priorities in this case were right
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8185 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And the disrespectful part was calling the scumteam sans Mathblade uncharismatic. I have charisma, it just failed to kick in because town had already blocked together before I could do much about it.

I’m not mad I lost. I’m mad you’re acting like I never could have won.
<Embrace The Void>

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8186 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8182, Almost50 wrote:@mastina: Your decision to hood me paved the way to town victory. I guess Titus did pretty well when she took over after you were NK'd.
I'd also like to say that me coming up with the suicide plan for scummy players was pretty clutch. :P

Butyeah.

While I feel like I had decent reads this game, I feel like my main achievements were connecting the 3ps and keeping paranoia from forming and keeping us working together, with a side of occasional mechanical insights.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8187 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

meh.

I think in general I'm more accurate than Titus but I'm pretty hit or miss still. My strong suit might be that I'm super super super obv town. In this game I was mostly wrong early on but I easily solved it once BH, SS and DS were dead.

It's prob true that Titus/Mastina have a higher skill reputation than me and that I need to lvl up.

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8188 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Wow. All of this was just.... awful.

The gameplay was unenjoyable from the constant flood of shitposting, the set-up itself was terribly balanced (effectively 6 masons?! and mafia had to oust one of their members every night after n1). Just wow.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8189 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

in fairness, hooding a50 was kinda obvious

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #8190 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

ds i feel like you need to relax on attacking setups :/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8191 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah the public triple cop wasn’t great, it was hella restricted though in a way that made it insanely anti-scum
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8192 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

y did ya'll decide norway was the town to confirm?

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8193 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:40 pm

In post 8190, TheGoldenParadox wrote:ds i feel like you need to relax on attacking setups :/
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this one sucks, though.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8194 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

N1 wasn’t our choice
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8195 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I really wish people would stop talking setup until Schadd gets in and why x or why z

I think Schadd has to say something first.

Mastina you’re partially right.

Just can’t really say much until Schadd speaks it really isn’t fair to him.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8196 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8191, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah the public triple cop wasn’t great, it was hella restricted though in a way that made it insanely anti-scum
Agreed

Almost won though considering this and

{redacted}

I am calling this a spirit win.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8197 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8193, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 8190, TheGoldenParadox wrote:ds i feel like you need to relax on attacking setups :/
Agreed on that.

The jjh shot was clutch DS nice work
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8198 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:48 pm

In post 8197, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8193, DiamondSentinel wrote:
Agreed on that.

The jjh shot was clutch DS nice work
I was going to shoot you. Literally only reason I didn't was because I wasn't entirely convinced you weren't town and I didn't want people to say I was throwing.

But you were my #1 target. You were acting pretty clearly anti-town, and I also had a vague sense that you were scum.
“Why was I chosen?'
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #8199 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

thank you for attempting to carry me mathblade and i'm sorry i didn't help more
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”