Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I think one-shot ascetic is definitely legal but also definitely weird, and I wouldn't expect it to play out differently from full ascetic.

Even-night neapolitan -> night 2 neapolitan is not a change just so you know, micros don't get to night 4 without a massclaim.

Setup as is seems quite swingy. Town is hoping for exactly two extra deaths? But that night make the game go by awfully fast (in fact, I think as written it's possible for either team to win on N1).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:39 pm

*that
might
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:40 pm

Er no, game can't end on N1 because vig is even-night. But it can end on D2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:03 pm

This one's brokenly townsided. 2-shot cop + VT's vs goons is close to balanced (if boring and swingy) and having two protective roles, one of which is watcher, is massive overkill.

I probably wouldn't include a watcher in a micro at all. It just has too good a chance of completely breaking the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:13 pm

I'm still a bit concerned about follow the cop, even if it's only for one night that can be pretty devastating to scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Hider feels like a bit overkill. It probably would have been okay with neighborizer instead of hider?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #25 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:06 am

I would agree that it's a little townsided. I'm toying with changes such as:
- Bulletproof -> 1-shot RB
- Cop -> Gunsmith
- Cop -> Neapolitan

Last one's probably an overcorrection. I kinda like the idea of nixing the bulletproof because this setup is unfriendly enough to the scum that they don't need a red herring.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #27 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:26 pm

You really shouldn't try to toe the line regarding discussing ongoing games. Just "I prefer not to have gunsmith" would have been fine.

What do you think about the 1-shot RB change?

I also thought about maybe giving them an informed. Not sure exactly what it should be informed of, but honestly knowing the whole setup could be interesting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #29 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Do you want to make the mafia roles multitasking?

I wouldn't expect it to matter much for balance, but it probably decreases the chance of annoying edge-cases like scum getting executed D1 and people deciding to clear the neighborizer because the first scum flipped non-multitasking and so the second one probably isn't multitasking either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #35 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:18 pm

I'm sorry I've had a busy week

Mafia Multitasking 1-shot Roleblocker
Mafia Multitasking 2-shot Vanilla Cop
Town 1-shot Neighborizer
Town Macho 2-shot Cop
Town Indecisive Doctor
VT x4

Seems pretty ok to me. I will think about it when I'm more awake tomorrow and if I still think it's good then I'll pass it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #36 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:14 pm

I'm a little afraid of the cop being macho confirming the existence of a protective.

What about ditching the macho and making the doctor simple? Mechanically it changes very little (the doctor can't save the neighborizer, that's it) but it cuts down on the number of potential clears.

Alternatively, the roleblocker could be made into a jailkeeper, which also changes little but gives them a fakeclaim which provides another plausible explanation for the macho.

I would pass it with either of those changes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #38 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:00 pm

Simple doesn't give the doc vanilla cop functionality because they don't know if their action succeeded or not. But if you want the JK version, I'll /pass that, so you can start on the role PM's.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #43 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:49 am

I think all we need is to see your role PM's.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #44 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:53 am

Mafia Multitasking 1-shot Roleblocker
Mafia Multitasking 2-shot Vanilla Cop
Town 1-shot Neighborizer
Town 2-shot Cop
Town Indecisive Simple Doctor
VT x4

Or, if you prefer Isis's variant with N2 Roleblocker instead, that's also fine.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #48 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Few minor things:

- Broken tag in the cop role PM
- Cop, neighborizer, and vanilla cop should say "if your action fails" instead of "if you are roleblocked"-- there are other ways an action can fail (ascetic, rolestopper, etc).
- You forgot to put "Multitasking" in the vanilla cop PM

Other than that, they look good.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”