Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2791 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 2790, Ythan wrote:All dictionaries aught to have one typo.
most do, usually after "typify" and before "typography"
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4124 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:26 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 4117, Jingle wrote:It kinda sounds like implying LLD is gonna run away from conflicts to me (like it's a portmanteau of Stand and Fight and Fight or Flight) which is not at all how I see her. I don't think I see a world where LLD backs down easy at all, even when it puts her own well being at risk.

Not sure if anyone else would take it that way though.
+1

immediately evokes fight or flight for me. but i mean that angle could do if the bird thing is important, fight or flight might be a fine template to work from as long as the punchline lands on the more favourable "fight" side of things
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4127 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:03 am

Post by The Bulge »

you're right, and I'm sorry for implying innate favourability of one over the other, there are very real situations where pressure to conform to societal expectations of fortitude can complicate snap-decision making in potentially dangerous ways. with that acknowledged though, I don't think its off-base to say there is a big difference between
receiving a title
that immortalizes one's penchant for staunchness, and one based on walking away, not to say that one has more value than the other. maybe LLD feels differently, but idk, gifting a title that could be interpreted that way seems weird to me.

Return to “Player Titles”