Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Menalque »

Idk peta, I’m still considering but I do think your play today strategically serves you much more as town

Dave and lili are both scummy, no? And either one flipping would confirm me as town (basically)

Yet you’re voting me, despite having had a pretty strong TR on me earlier in the game

So it’s like, your position has changed and also very much serves what I think a scum agenda would be here (miseliminate the town leader before they can get cred from flipping scum)
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3370, Menalque wrote:Oh I mean more

Like I’m very confident Dave is scum

But he won’t be confscum unless we’re crossvoting in lylo

Ya feel?
I guess? But if you know you'd be voting him in lylo, then you must already have solid reasoning on why he's scum, so you might as well share that reasoning now rather than waiting until then. Same goes for lilith.

I agree that their dayplay has been pretty gross, but town is perfectly capable of playing like that. And they both have mechanical reasons that make them townier, and killing one of them today brings us no closer to solving the redirector group which given how screwed-up it is could be the key to solving this game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:34 am

Also your BoP on peta is terrible. The situations are quite different.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:39 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3374, Menalque wrote:I’m trying to say that either lili no killed or scum tried to kill me, actually
i see literally 0 reason she or any team here would deliberately nokill an so i'm not going to vote her there

if you think i'm scum i see no reason i shouldn't be the optimal flip today over them except if you're afraid me being green comes back on your head
free crypto
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3365, Menalque wrote:Peta is maybe the Maori correctly mechanically
Uh, any of you going green comes back on me badly lmao?

And I acknowledged you’re prob the best mechanically today
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:42 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3375, Menalque wrote:Idk peta, I’m still considering but I do think your play today strategically serves you much more as town

Dave and lili are both scummy, no? And either one flipping would confirm me as town (basically)

Yet you’re voting me, despite having had a pretty strong TR on me earlier in the game

So it’s like, your position has changed and also very much serves what I think a scum agenda would be here (miseliminate the town leader before they can get cred from flipping scum)
i don't find lilith towny on play but on actions it seems highly unlikely she's scum and so when i know one of {you, infinity, smart} is scum and you keep trying to flip heri'm gonna find that suspicious
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:44 am

Post by petapan »

prior to today i would've had smart as scummier than you or infinity but then you both started getting weird
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 am

Post by petapan »

and again this doesn't answer the question of why you're trying to meta/BoP me off a fucking spectator thread and not an actual game
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 am

The fact that Infinity is townreading Menalque is throwing me for a loop. If not for that I would want to execute Menalque and sheep him to the end of the earth if he flips town, but that feels disrespectful to Infinity.

Occam's razor says that Infinity's townread for dubious reasons is just erroneous (even if correct, Menalque himself admitted that the reasons weren't that good).
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3383, Something_Smart wrote:I would want to execute Menalque and sheep him to the end of the earth
This is like a super scummy thing to say and I am doubtful as to whether I should be trusting skitter on you to the extent that I am
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3382, petapan wrote:and again this doesn't answer the question of why you're trying to meta/BoP me off a fucking spectator thread and not an actual game
I mean, I didn’t go out looking for it? I was reading the death curse dead thread for fun and you happened to be in it, and I can’t help connecting the two things in my brain
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Menalque »

Ahhhhhh this game feels like a loss tbh
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Menalque »

We deserve it tho
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 am

In post 3384, Menalque wrote:This is like a super scummy thing to say and I am doubtful as to whether I should be trusting skitter on you to the extent that I am
Objectively it isn't because I use that mode of thinking all the time.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3376, Something_Smart wrote:I agree that their dayplay has been pretty gross, but town is perfectly capable of playing like that. And they both have mechanical reasons that make them townier, and killing one of them today brings us no closer to solving the redirector group which given how screwed-up it is could be the key to solving this game.
Fwiw, it would bring us closer to solving the redirector group if Dave flips redirector?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 am

That's true. But I don't think that's likely.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3388, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3384, Menalque wrote:This is like a super scummy thing to say and I am doubtful as to whether I should be trusting skitter on you to the extent that I am
Objectively it isn't because I use that mode of thinking all the time.
That’s not at all persuasive because in this *particular* instance that line of thinking allows you to support killing town!me and to then use the place where I’m wrong (my townread on you and not having you in the PoE) to target one of the two townies who *are* in there for the win
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3390, Something_Smart wrote:That's true. But I don't think that's likely.
Yeah, it’s disconcerting isn’t it?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Menalque »

I agree it’s unlikely but like, something is super fucked up this game

I will laugh my ass off if it’s as simple as scum forgot to submit a kill in the official way or something

Although I feel like ducky would have poked them so this seems unlikely
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:01 am

In post 3391, Menalque wrote:That’s not at all persuasive because in this *particular* instance that line of thinking allows you to support killing town!me and to then use the place where I’m wrong (my townread on you and not having you in the PoE) to target one of the two townies who *are* in there for the win
I mean as town it allows me to support killing town-you and then use the place where you're right to target the scum for hopefully a win. It also potentially allows me to support killing scum-you.

"Person X doing Action Y is scummy because Action Y benefits them if they are scum" is not compelling if Action Y also benefits them if they are town. It's like asking the other two people to crossvote in 3p lylo. Yeah you get to hammer if you're scum, but you also get to hammer if you're town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 am

In post 3393, Menalque wrote:I will laugh my ass off if it’s as simple as scum forgot to submit a kill in the official way or something
...That's actually the most plausible argument for lilith-scum I've heard so far.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3383, Something_Smart wrote:Occam's razor says that Infinity's townread for dubious reasons is just erroneous (even if correct, Menalque himself admitted that the reasons weren't that good).
*shrug* When your strong gut townreads aren't wrong, you tend to trust them after a while.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 am

Sure. But there's a first time for everything.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3394, Something_Smart wrote:"Person X doing Action Y is scummy because Action Y benefits them if they are scum" is not compelling if Action Y also benefits them if they are town. It's like asking the other two people to crossvote in 3p lylo. Yeah you get to hammer if you're scum, but you also get to hammer if you're town.
Yeah but that doesn’t change the perception of it, which is why you shouldn’t do it. Yeah, technically, it could come from either — but it’s a worse idea to do it as scum because the two town will both look funny at it
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Menalque »

Idk, I just think it’s more likely that peta/Dave are doing a weird gambit than that infinity is scum at this point

Maybe I get egg all over my face, and honestly I do have heebies because it seems so high risk/low reward and maybe I should be pushing S_S/infinity here but like... just seems so fucky that Dave and peta are claiming in such a way that it tries to get them out of the shit mechanically, and they’re both pushing town, and I imagine they can see ways they win tomorrow (e.g. hoopla seems p amenable to S_S)

Return to “Completed Open Games”