PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:07 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 549, Gloria Cleary wrote:In Hideyoshi, Pooky’s play was very logical where as Bulge’s made absolutely no sense. He was scumreading me for being the only one trying to stop the wagon on town!Brooks even though he knew there was absolutely no way we could have been aligned but Pooky cleverly spun that as Bulge kind of playing like some kind of idiot savant who was clueless about the gamestate.
he was kind of clueless about the game state. I was not lying about that :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 550, Infinity 324 wrote:How is that relevant?
Skittter’s disputing Isis’ point about scum always trying to play logically. Sometimes they do but more often then not they don’t. That’s how you catch them’. Like scum!Titus saying that scum bussed Shelley then calling DGB who was late on the wagon, “locktown” and Flea who was early obvtown. I could possibly be mixing this up with Fred though.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 546, Infinity 324 wrote:To me, dunn feels like a player who’s more comfortable with mechanics/fact-based things than describing reads, so I don’t think that’s super out of character? Tbf I can’t particularly read dunn, but the push felt like it was motivated by moving the game forward, and I got townvibes from hopkirk’s defense.
i'm not sure i agree with that assessment of dunn?
and i kinda wanna reserve judgement on hopkirk until i can talk to him about the me/gloria thing he's pushing, as i'm finding it to be a bit puzzling
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 552, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 550, Infinity 324 wrote:How is that relevant?
Skittter’s disputing Isis’ point about scum always trying to play logically. Sometimes they do but more often then not they don’t. That’s how you catch them’. Like scum!Titus saying that scum bussed Shelley then calling DGB who was late on the wagon, “locktown” and Flea who was early obvtown. I could possibly be mixing this up with Fred though.
I meant “lockSCUM”. That’s a great way to catch scum!Titus because she contradicts herself a lot as scum where as she’s extremely consistent as town.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok tbh i wasn't in or involved in the game you're referencing and i'm not super sure what point you're making wrt that game

what i was saying with isis and ydrasse is that in ydrasse's original post, i don't see her starting out with logic and then moving to gut; it looks entirely like a gut-based read to me
like i'm not sure that the analysis isis is tryign to make actually matches the post ydrasse made ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 553, skitter30 wrote:
In post 546, Infinity 324 wrote:To me, dunn feels like a player who’s more comfortable with mechanics/fact-based things than describing reads, so I don’t think that’s super out of character? Tbf I can’t particularly read dunn, but the push felt like it was motivated by moving the game forward, and I got townvibes from hopkirk’s defense.
and i kinda wanna reserve judgement on hopkirk until i can talk to him about the me/gloria thing he's pushing, as i'm finding it to be a bit puzzling
+1

The Tayl0r/you thing is even stranger. Is Hopkirk usually this reachy?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

i've never played iwth him, idk, but what i've seen from him in the speakeasy, he does have a peculiar sense of humor
the way he then explained it seems kinda on-brand for his sense of humor; i don't think that was meant to be taken too seriously

gloria have you been in alts with me before / would you be surprised to learn that i think i know who you are?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 555, skitter30 wrote:ok tbh i wasn't in or involved in the game you're referencing and i'm not super sure what point you're making wrt that game

what i was saying with isis and ydrasse is that in ydrasse's original post, i don't see her starting out with logic and then moving to gut; it looks entirely like a gut-based read to me
like i'm not sure that the analysis isis is tryign to make actually matches the post ydrasse made ...
I’m disputing that scum are necessarily good at being logical. Well if you’re interested, ISO Titus in that. I don’t really understand what she meant but I agree with her conclusions on Ydrasse being town.

How do you read Hopkirk/Dunn interactions?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

look at the bottom of the previous page .
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 557, skitter30 wrote:i've never played iwth him, idk, but what i've seen from him in the speakeasy, he does have a peculiar sense of humor
the way he then explained it seems kinda on-brand for his sense of humor; i don't think that was meant to be taken too seriously

gloria have you been in alts with me before / would you be surprised to learn that i think i know who you are?
Probably not but if you know please don’t say say anything.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

k
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

I don’t know how to read Dunn here but not thrilled with his entrance.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

@Gloria I mean what I said, chaos fiend. :3
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 563, Flea The Magician wrote:@Gloria I mean what I said, chaos fiend. :3
I’ll take “chaos fiend” over “meanie” any day of the week. <3

I’m still not sure why you’re saying that though?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 532, skitter30 wrote:
In post 350, Morning Tweet wrote:i think it's noteworthy that you're placing so much emphasis Isis' ability to read you, which if true seems like a poor move if you're scum
i mean i think it points to him not being scum
yes, that is what I meant. he also called out to me to soul townread him, albeit in a smaller way.

i am starting to feel like I might read Pooky okay and isis is probably much better, so it seems odd for scum!Pooky to engrain it in everyone's' minds that we should sheep Isis' evaluation of him

I got burnt on this reasoning before in silent star 1 actually when reading lilith -- she was citing someone the way Pooky is citing Isis as a good player to read her, think. but I still lean towards it and also scum!Pooky tries to take control of the game which i havent noticed
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 534, skitter30 wrote:
In post 406, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Infinity feels wolfy here

shifting read on Isis due to pressure - feels like not a real read
i kinda disagree on this read; i think he's pretty townie imo
yes
In post 535, skitter30 wrote:
In post 463, Isis wrote:ok when I said I had a mysterious townread on Ydrasse everyone was supposed to go "Isis you're so alluring and intriguing please shed enough mystique to show us" so that I get to talk about I wasn't supposed to get strangely townread with no curiousity what is this
i'm curious
i don't see much ai in anything she's said thus far
I like the couple of posts where ydrasse explained her scum self to me -- especially. im a sucker for self meta and it felt like she was explaining something that made sense to her although i didnt quite understand
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 541, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 518, Hopkirk wrote:Skitter/Gloria both read aren't jumping out as obvtown but are giving slight townpings which concerns me. I'd like to sort both through the art of talking and/or sheeping
I'm not going to put any stock in associative pre flip 2 days into a game, but their pushes on neither of their pushes on each other screamed town.
Skitter/Dunnstral is always a possibly too.
Why would getting “slight townpings” concern you ever?
scum gives off "slight townpings" a lot! I actually agree since that's like, their job.

probably a specifically weak kind of townping though, like their posts come across as towny but maybe it's hard to pinpoint why and if you dig deeper there isn't anything solidly town, and it turns out that they've just been putting in a little extra "i'm so towny" into it
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 533, skitter30 wrote:
In post 388, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If infinity flips red here this might mean our entire townbloc is green
i was kinda thinking of that wrt ydrasse on that previous page
You think scum Ydrasse?? :o ?
In post 539, skitter30 wrote:
In post 520, Hopkirk wrote:'I wonder if Skitter30 knew about the Taylor ban so quickly because partners'
i have the ban thread bookmarked
i'm not sure what you're trying to say wrt the gloria/me thing
You both light pushed each other then quickly backed off in an eh manner. I'll quote when I've read the next page.
In post 540, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 509, Hopkirk wrote:I fee like I should be townreading Gloria by now and I'm not. The Skitter30/Gloria interactions tasted a bit weird.

My town atm is (Isis/Pooky/Ydrasse/Infinity) with a maybe on MT. Everyone else I need more on than I've got.
Why? What was weird about them? There are a lot of things that are very similar here to that game but not everything. I was totally lost in that game (in the beginning anyway) and being V/LA for almost a week didn’t help matters.
Your early stuff was a lot more focused. Here your style is a lot more jokey/floppy rather than laser foucsed on content.
In post 541, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 518, Hopkirk wrote:Skitter/Gloria both read aren't jumping out as obvtown but are giving slight townpings which concerns me. I'd like to sort both through the art of talking and/or sheeping
I'm not going to put any stock in associative pre flip 2 days into a game, but their pushes on neither of their pushes on each other screamed town.
Skitter/Dunnstral is always a possibly too.
Why would getting “slight townpings” concern you ever?
Because in most games I've played recently scum are the people who light townping early on, not the people you hard scumread. The null-town-i-guess zone doesn't get voted out day 1.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Hopkirk »

and i kinda wanna reserve judgement on hopkirk until i can talk to him about the me/gloria thing
he's pushing
, as i'm finding it to be a bit puzzling
Yeah you'e putting a whole lot of words in my mouth Skitter30. You're responding like I hard scumread you here Skitter30.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 557, skitter30 wrote:i've never played iwth him, idk, but what i've seen from him in the speakeasy, he does have a peculiar sense of humor

Oh, nevermind the above post.
In post 558, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 555, skitter30 wrote:ok tbh i wasn't in or involved in the game you're referencing and i'm not super sure what point you're making wrt that game

I’m disputing that scum are necessarily good at being logical. Well if you’re interested, ISO Titus in that. I don’t really understand what she meant but I agree with her conclusions on Ydrasse being town.

How do you read Hopkirk/Dunn interactions?
In post 556, Gloria Cleary wrote:
+1

The Tayl0r/you thing is even stranger. Is Hopkirk usually this reachy?
It feels like you're pushing Skitter30 at me here while trying to stand back yourself Gloria. It feels more pushy than questiony.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 565, Morning Tweet wrote:I got burnt on this reasoning before in silent star 1 actually when reading lilith -- she was citing someone the way Pooky is citing Isis as a good player to read her, think.
she was citing me :p
and i was right except for the fact taht it was bastard and we didnt' know that :)

i feel p good in saying that scum!pooky doesn't enter this game this way with town!isis given their past history
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 566, Morning Tweet wrote:I like the couple of posts where ydrasse explained her scum self to me -- 363 especially. im a sucker for self meta and it felt like she was explaining something that made sense to her although i didnt quite understand
ehhhh i can see it i guess

isis/pooky you guys are good at reading her?
Show
Hiatus once more.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:25 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I don't think she makes me promise to be town to her if she is scum
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 190, Gloria Cleary wrote:So far - in no particular order - liking Hopkirk, MT, Skitter and probably Infinity and Isis as well.
In post 395, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 390, Gypyx wrote:
In post 328, Morning Tweet wrote:To answer your question i feel like jessie's thoughts going through the setup spec went through a genuine progression and I more or less ended up in a similar place to her on the confirmation issue we discussed

I also think if scum
did
actually make pregame choices, that's town indicative for her
Why though? Like imo it's the opposite, if scum did pregame choices, it's more likely that jessie is scum
Why? I’m currently nullreading them. I feel the most confident on MT, Isis and Ydrasee and probably Skitter.
@Dunn- hm, how did you have more of an issue with my reads being 'consensusy' but not Gloria's?
@Gloria - got any hot take reads? Your read change was basically a swap from Infinity (who some people including Pooky had moved to scum on) over to Ydrasse- and all of these reads are pretty uncontroversial TRs over the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”