Open 798 | PYPX/Y+I/M | Game Over!

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 3573, Something_Smart wrote:Gladly.

Usually it becomes easier to read people in a critical situation like this because scum start to more transparently play to their wincons.

But almost everybody is transparently playing to their hypothetical wincon if they are scum.

I really want to believe that Menalque is town and his persecution complex is real but him blindly sheeping skitter and pushing on lilith is really hard to wrap my head around.
who is your top suspect?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 4.08

Menalque (2):
Not_Mafia, davesaz
lilith2013 (1):
Menalque
petapan (1):
Infinity 324

Not voting
: Something_Smart, Best Bird, lilith2013, petapan, Hoopla

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-26 17:00:00)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- lilith2013 v/la this weekend
- quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3575, Hoopla wrote:who is your top suspect?
Legit no clue.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

s_s, if you're town we absolutely need you to vote today. Too many townies don't agree/are wrong and scum have no incentive to bus.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Yeah, of course. We're obviously not rushing this day like we rushed some of the others.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 3578, Infinity 324 wrote:s_s, if you're town we absolutely need you to vote today. Too many townies don't agree/are wrong and scum have no incentive to bus.
yes, at a certain point, this is no longer is a valid viewpoint:
In post 3577, Something_Smart wrote:Legit no clue.
like, yeah the game is hard. but i'd like to see more attempts at solving from you.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i feel like mena/infinity share the same alignment. they're either both scum playing excellently, or they're both town.

if infinity is scum and mena is town, i don't see why infinity consistently pumps the brakes on the mena wagon throughout the day. maybe he felt locked into his mena townread, or maybe he assumed mena's wagon would go through on its own accord. but i just don't think he would be so vocal in opposing it if scum.

if mena is scum, this is a pretty overt connection between the two of them. maybe it's too obvious? i don't know. but like even mena himself says, who are his partners? it's probably quite likely infinity is one of them from PoE.

i feel like if i end up trusting infinity, i end up having to trust menalque by default too. there is no point otherwise.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:30 pm

No conclusions does not equal no solving.

Infinity and Menalque being scum together did cross my mind. It would explain the two of them writing each other off as town for pretty questionable reasons, and I do feel like Infinity's play today has been pretty gross even though I want to trust skitter and Menalque on him.

The reason I'm so stuck is that I don't feel good killing anyone in the redirector group, and yet I strongly feel we should kill someone in the redirector group today.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

What about my play today haven’t you liked?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Jumping on lilith immediately, pushing Menalque and then immediately backtracking him to locktown, and then jumping on literally everyone else in the redirector bracket, most notably sheeping Hoopla's stupid case on me that she soon after admitted was bad.

And all that playing the victim stuff ("oh nobody will listen to me") is unhelpful. People are listening to you, they just don't AGREE with you, probably because your worldview is heavily based on gut reads.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3471, Infinity 324 wrote:sure working with mena and hoopla is our best bet
For losing.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

@s_s Do you at least see the conflict that’s happening in my head? Idk. My goal is to get a group of townies to vote scum together, I think what I’ve done has mostly been a reasonable attempt to accomplish that. Honestly you make a decent amount of sense as scum from a mechanics perspective fmpov (in the redirector bracket, high in the draft making redirector more likely, reasonably likely to no-kill or kill mena n1). The latter two points hoopla brought up which were the most convincing to me. Skitter and gut are the only reasons I’m townreading you atm.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I’ll try to stop playing the victim, I know from y’all’s PoV you don’t know to trust me and that’s ok. I’m just trying to contribute what I can to the game given my skills as a mafia player.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3511, Hoopla wrote:on another note, i'm annoyed peta/dave won't entertain me conversationally about a more indepth solve, but i guess we just need a scumflip to get motivation going again.
I've been physically not here for a lot of the last 48 hours.

I don't town read anyone RN but that's a different problem stemming from the awful shape we're in.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3586, Infinity 324 wrote:high in the draft making redirector more likely
i had been thinking on this and was going to say something but i'm too tired to draft a post tonight, but - at pick #5? it doesn't feel as likely. it's good as a preventative play for scum but doesn't have as much utility and there's a pretty decent chance you won't get it. and from there you have to assemble a potential team for him and i'm not sure there are many that make sense, but i don't have time to get into that now. aiming at cop makes more sense as a flier on a later pick where you might not expect to get it anyway
free crypto
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

Why is redirector being discussed at all?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

@Peta Yeah you might be right.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:22 pm

In post 3586, Infinity 324 wrote:@s_s Do you at least see the conflict that’s happening in my head?
I see why it's plausible as coming from town, of course, but it still seems weird and makes more sense as coming from scum than from town.

I still want to trust Menalque and skitter on you, and I have been historically bad at reading you, but I think peta is town and you and Menalque both townread each other, so either I'm wrong about peta, or one of you is wrong about the other, or you're both scum. That's the conflict that's happening in MY head.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

How do you feel about voting bird?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3590, davesaz wrote:Why is redirector being discussed at all?
have you not been reading? there's mechanically confirmed to be a redirector (or a scum cop but w/e), since tgp tried to take cop and didn't get it, and it's in one of me/smart/infinity/menalque. nice little bit of mechanical information for you, the most we're likely to get.
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:29 pm

In post 3593, Infinity 324 wrote:How do you feel about voting bird?
Seems like we would only get the votes to execute bird iff he's town. And if he's town then we're in lylo with the same fustercluck we've got today.

This is why I'd like to execute in the redirector group today.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by petapan »

and the one last thing i'll fire off here before i force myself to log off, i know dave's pick is real, barring screwy roleswap shenanigans that i have no reason to believe scum would pull because i hadn't claimed my pick, and so i find it super hard to believe scum took watcher with probably their first pick in the draft while aiming for the cop slot later. would just be a bizarre drafting strategy.
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3595, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3593, Infinity 324 wrote:How do you feel about voting bird?
Seems like we would only get the votes to execute bird iff he's town. And if he's town then we're in lylo with the same fustercluck we've got today.

This is why I'd like to execute in the redirector group today.
Yeah I just feel like almost anyone we can get the votes for here is town but *shrug*
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 3596, petapan wrote:and the one last thing i'll fire off here before i force myself to log off, i know dave's pick is real, barring screwy roleswap shenanigans that i have no reason to believe scum would pull because i hadn't claimed my pick, and so i find it super hard to believe scum took watcher with probably their first pick in the draft while aiming for the cop slot later. would just be a bizarre drafting strategy.
this is actually a good point.

if dave is scum, why as a team take 1s-commuter/1s-watcher while going for the cop/1s-redirector with a lower pick, given the main value of taking cop/redirector is as a defensive blocking play. wouldn't scum want to take cop at pick 4?

i think the only way dave is scum is if peta & dave have gone all in with corroborating claims. dave can only be scum if peta is.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by the worst »

quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march