Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 3618, Menalque wrote:
In post 3616, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 3615, Menalque wrote:
In post 3613, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 3610, Menalque wrote:do I need to find examples of skitter being accurate or examples of me putting a high weight on skitter's opinions when she's been townflipped? cause I'm p sure I can do both
Yeah I noticed you voting for us but Skitter’s very wrong if she’s scumreading our slot and I would really like if you’d give us a chance to first get caught up in the game to prove you wrong.

~M
I mean I would prefer that we just execute you and go from there but I guess
Well I would prefer you don’t misexecute us. :roll:

Are you even going to give us a chance to show you why you’re wrong here?
you'll be encouraged to hear that I do not have a lot of ~*play*~ in the game rn

but literally nothing you do makes lili less scummy for the time that she was here in your slot, and nothing you do changes that skitter is generally very good at reading lili, and nothing changes the fact that skitter was saying very loudly right before she died that lili was scum
Well I know for a fact that she’s wrong in this case, so you can continue to wrongly confibias on us or find out she was wrong. Your choice.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:48 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3623, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 3622, Menalque wrote:I'll see what you do

I have a heavy pre-disposition to viewing you as scum tho, and that whatever you're doing is playing to a scum wincon and I think have valid reasons to treat you that way

idk, I think you and pooky are both competent as scum, so I don't think you'll be able to project town sufficiently to get me to TR you but we'll see I suppose
Well help me out then, because unless duckling grants us an extension, I don’t know how much help I’ll be. So if you could perhaps give me a rundown of what’s been happening in this game, that would be swell.
who did lilith target each night?
free crypto
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:50 am

Spoiler:
In post 3624, Menalque wrote:roughly:

initial wagons were lili and uncrowned. lili was still the dominant wagon when I repped in towards the end of D1 I think, but it might have already been changing towards DGB by that point. I entered hard pushing infinity and got some traction on that, then he started doing things and I (maybe foolishy) decided he'd be easier to read on later days than super-inactive DGB, so I switched there and that put it over the threshold of support it needed and she got flipped. worth noting that like 5 slots who voted her (incl mine) are all still alive today lol

then there was no kill on N1, skitt started D2 pushing me and that picked up traction quickly, and that traction was strengthened when lili claimed a JK on me and a lot of people started talking about it being a guilty because "lol who'd kill mena N1?" then I started being very town and the wagon dissipated, and we were working on a theory of there being a doc as well who'd made a save on someone else the same night that I was JK'd. uncrowned was very obvtown and wanted TGP, who didn't seem very town and so a bunch of us voted him. before he died, he said he'd gone for cop but he flipped VT. this will be important later.

that night uncrowned gets killed, TGP and uncrowned were both shouting for dunn to die when they did, and he'd also done very little so I pushed him hard and consistently throughout D3. skitter argues we should do you instead, but people aren't that interested. dunn gets flipped, comes out VT, and he confirms that your slot is JK because he asked for tracker and flipped as VT. skitter gets murderised during the night, brings us to today. I've been mostly pushing you, but we also have a fucky thing going on with claims where there's confirmed scum in (me, NM, infinity, Dave, peta, S_S) because one of them has to have the cop/redirector slot but nobody is claiming it. as we've done massclaim, the person who has it is claiming scum.

of that pool, NM is claiming neighbouriser (confirmed to be in the game bc dunn said he'd been neighboured on N2) which I think is not clearing but which hoopla thinks is bc scum have never chosen neighbouriser as a role before. then Dave is claiming 1s watcher, and peta is claiming VT who went for the 1s watcher but got VT, so he's saying that the redirector has to be in (me, S_S, infinity). this is troublesome because Dave has an incredibly bad iso (especially today where he's done almost nothing but keeps insisting I'm scum) and peta doesn't/sort of feels town but is now very much tied to Dave (although is saying that he doesn't think the 1s watcher is clearing for Dave, just that he wants to go for the redirector instead bc... ??). infinity seemed a lot like scum to me on D1, but now seems towny, and I did a gambit where I fake claimed cop and thought his and hoopla's reactions were good. S_S is scummy but skitter had him as strong town which is making me not want to flip him.

basically, hoopla, me, infinity, peta have all been playing the game quite hard

S_S and Dave have each done a bit

Best Bird (the penguin) and N_M (predictably) and your slot have all done basically nothing but can't be all the scum unless there's something weird happening where NM is the redirector fake claiming neighbouriser, and Best Bird is the real neighbouriser, and your "block" on NM last night was to disguise this fact

Thanks this is extremely helpful. Yes can confirm jk.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 am

In post 3626, petapan wrote:
In post 3623, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

I have a heavy pre-disposition to viewing you as scum tho, and that whatever you're doing is playing to a scum wincon and I think have valid reasons to treat you that way

idk, I think you and pooky are both competent as scum, so I don't think you'll be able to project town sufficiently to get me to TR you but we'll see I suppose
Well help me out then, because unless duckling grants us an extension, I don’t know how much help I’ll be. So if you could perhaps give me a rundown of what’s been happening in this game, that would be swell.
who did lilith target each night?
I don’t know. Duckling only sent me our role pm.

@mod, can you please send us all of Lillith’s NAs? Thanks.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:05 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3608, Menalque wrote:for the record, for me to be scum with infinity I have to have entered the game lolbussing him almost to the point of killing him (and I haven't done this, because I don't need to, but I'm p sure if anyone goes back to check his reaction to that it's not gonna be partnery interactions) only to then... redirect onto DGB and not get any cred for the lolbus push and in fact get ACTIVELY sussed bc of it

let's not forget, my wagon grew on D2 BEFORE lili outed the JK on my slot and it was all because I'd abandoned infinity!wagon for a DGB!guillo
i do not think you came close to killing him at any point, however i did think the way he responded to you was non-partnery. but at this point in the game i have to try to bend my head around possibilities that seemed not all that likely because not much is making sense
free crypto
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:06 am

Post by Menalque »

duckling, if someone reps into a game after the first day/night cycle, and has a power role, would you send them the night actions taken by the previous owner of the slot by default, or would they need to request those from you?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:12 am

Post by the worst »

I am not answering that.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3629, petapan wrote:i do not think you came close to killing him at any point,
I think this is only kind of true?
In post 1302, the worst wrote:
vote count 1.31

DrippingGoofball (4)
: lilith2013, davesaz, Infinity 324, skitter30
Infinity 324 (3)
: Menalque, TheGoldenParadox, PenguinPower
Dunnstral (2)
: petapan, Uncrowned
davesaz (1)
: Hoopla
Hoopla (1)
: Dunnstral
petapan (1)
: JacksonVirgo
lilith2013 (1)
: DrippingGoofball

Not voting
: Something_Smart

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-03 02:30:00)

With 14 alive it takes 8 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- prodding Dunnstral.
- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays.
- quack
the VC is admittedly not as high as I thought it was (I thought they'd actually tied) but you'd expressed at this point that you would compromise onto infinity and frankly as deadline crunch starts coming down generally the top wagon is the one who ends up going. so if I had brought you on board, then I think there's actually a p good chance infinity does die because no-one was /really/ pushing DGB that hard she was just broadly scumread, and I think often that ends up losing out to one person who loudly and persuasively pursues the guillotine of a particular slot

I also realise that my argument here is "I seriously pushed infinity but then did ultimately also save him" and that doesn't necessarily do a lot to discredit us being partners. idk, I think it's less (?) likely that I decide to enter any given game and hardbus without being pretty sure that they're strong enough to survive it and for us to both look good from it, and while I now think infinity is that I wouldn't have known that at the beginning of this game
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:14 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3631, the worst wrote:
I am not answering that.
what about if I ask again but I say pretty please?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:26 am

Post by Menalque »

I thought of a thing that I can't do which is making me sad
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:40 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3594, petapan wrote:
In post 3590, davesaz wrote:Why is redirector being discussed at all?
have you not been reading? there's mechanically confirmed to be a redirector (or a scum cop but w/e), since tgp tried to take cop and didn't get it, and it's in one of me/smart/infinity/menalque. nice little bit of mechanical information for you, the most we're likely to get.
Skimming the last couple days. I didn't have a note of tgp pick. On mobile and it's hard to post much that way for me. This info suggests a solution that I'm pretty confident in. I'll write more when I can use more than one finger.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Something_Smart »

All I believe
Is it a dream
That comes crashing down on me
All that I hope
Is it just smoke and mirrors
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:32 am

In post 3609, Menalque wrote:why?
Because it blatantly contradicts mechanics.

Maybe it's just a culture shock thing, but mechanics > reads always for me, even when those reads came from skitter.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:34 am

In post 3610, Menalque wrote:do I need to find examples of skitter being accurate or examples of me putting a high weight on skitter's opinions when she's been townflipped? cause I'm p sure I can do both
I mean if you really want to look for examples of you putting a high weight on someone's read after they've flipped town despite the mechanics (which only came to light after that person died) suggesting that read is wrong, you can, but it's not like I don't believe you would do this as town-- if I thought that I'd be voting you. As I said, I just have trouble understanding it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:38 am

In post 3617, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:It’s kind of pissing me off that I haven’t even read anything yet and Mena is already hellbent on killing us. Let us at least get caught up first ffs!
I mean he was hellbent on it long before you were in the slot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:42 am

In post 3631, the worst wrote:
I am not answering that.
Huh why not

So that means it's now to our advantage to get N_M to replace out (well, even more to our advantage than it was), because then the replacement can tell us this?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Wow I just came here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Best Bird »

Same n_m. Same.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 am

I'm sorry. That's the way the chips fall sometimes.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:01 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

ego

hi mena
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:13 am

Post by petapan »

wow pooky why don't i get a hi
free crypto
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:15 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Hi peta!!! <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 am

MENA MENA MENA MENA
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:17 am

Post by petapan »

thank you and welcome to the game
free crypto
Smoke and Mirrors