Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Isis »

This needs way more town power
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Isis »

Better, but not sure if it's all the way there. Mastina's the primary, so I'll wait to hear from her.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Isis »

If you want the game to focus on kill prevention you'll want to have more powerful variants like a doctor rather than a hider, maybe a jailkeeper, and lots of it.

If you want to have a large number of VTs, at least a couple of your roles will need to be heavy hitting investigatives.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Isis »

I think if the visitor was more explicitly an FN and the rolecop was dropped the setup would be ok, but I wouldn't be surprised if mastina wants to add more than that. I'll ping her with a PM since obviously it's been a minute here.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Isis »

Friendly Neighbor
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Isis »

Yeah, I would think that's passable but I'm a somewhat green reviewer. Mastina is the primary that needs to like it.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by Isis »

Roleblockers and doctors should never receive feedback on what happened with their action. You never send those two roles results PMs of any kind.

Just to make sure you know, a Mafia Goon investigates as "vanilla".
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by Isis »

If you want to put the information about Mafia Goons in the result PMs, it should be in both PMs and probably be in parentheses. That's fine. If I was modding I'd probably mention it in the role PM. There's several ways to skin a cat.

You're missing the PM that you send to a Vanilla Cop when the Vanilla Cop tries to investigate someone but got targetted by the Town Roleblocker the same night. Mods generally send a nothingness PM in those cases to make it clear that the moderator didn't simply forget about the pending action. Something like "You were unable to determine anything" (it's important to use some kind of message that neither confirms nor denies they were roleblocked, because the setup could have no roleblockers but could instead include an Ascetic)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #27 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by Isis »

You don't want to put that in the Mafia Goon role PM.

if a Mafia Goon PMs you during the game to ask whether they investigate as vanilla to vanilla cops you can tell them yes, but you don't need to tell them in the role PM.

Putting it in the Vanilla Cop role PM is fine.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #31 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Isis »

In post 20, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Questions to the mod such as "if I do X will Y happen?" or "does role x produce Y result" will likely result in a non-response.
Maybe want to change this "Posting questions to the mod...". Banning all publicly posted mechanics questions is fine, but generally if a player wants to
privately
ask you something (because they genuinely don't understand) you want to be responsive about simple questions like "Are mafia allowed to just not kill anybody at night?"

That's the only thing I found to remark on the second pass that mastina requested.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #33 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Isis »

It's fine to just refuse to answer the question because it's essentially a strategy question, once you're asked. "Don't you dare even ask me" doesn't seem necessary.
You can write a rule that says you will answer some questions but not others, but the current rule is close enough to "don't ask the mod anything ever" that I'm not sure it's Normal.
I dunno, what do you think mastina
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #35 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Isis »

Sure, that's ok. That leaves everything mastina delegated for checking approved by me so the setup is approved.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #41 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Isis »

I think the setup is fine, but I close-to-designed-it and haven't been watching the game so that's as dubious a source as you get :mrgreen:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #42 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Isis »

Eh that's hyperbolic from like a creativity standpoint, just not from a calibration standpoint is what I meant to express I think.
I wouldn't have come up with the vanilla cop her but it ends being a good kind of nothingburger in this setup I think
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”