petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3847, Menalque wrote:
In post 3842, petapan wrote:just because i have a reputation doesn't mean i'm scum,
That’s not what I’m saying tho

I’m saying more “I cleared you based on some assumptions that seem to be quite clearly false, and now that those assumptions are false I’m struggling to see why the thing of you/Dave is an implausible play for you to make as scum” especially when everyone has become incredibly resistant to guillotining Dave (whose posting today has been
awful
) and you seem much more able to defend yourself — plus you only need 2 more to win, so yes, it would probably doom you if you’d made the link earlier game, but at this point I think it’s a reasonably worthwhile risk if you can just win immediately from it tomorrow, and if you think the third partner has a good chance of winning 3p even if it goes wrong
i don't think killing him is the right play, and as blunt as dave's posting today is i'm not sure it's scum indicative for him. he seems to get a lot more frustrated when not getting his way as town. maybe i just suck, it wouldn't be anything new

but i really don't think backing up a partner claim like that would be a good play or one i'd make. like i said my style was always to pretty much throw my partners to the wolves at the first sign of trouble
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3848, Menalque wrote:Like, I would totally consider taking a risk on the day before lylo to try and win the game faster because the longer games run on the more chance something might fuck you up

Got to strike while t’iron’s hot

Also, I hate going to 3p and 1v1ing guaranteed but that is definitely a me thing
the 1v1 is what i live for because i can just argue like crazy and never shut up
free crypto
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 3851, petapan wrote:my style was always to pretty much throw my partners to the wolves at the first sign of trouble
ngl you kill your partners before trouble even shows up
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by petapan »

true tbh
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3822, Infinity 324 wrote:Pooky, do me a favor and ISO mena around (after your slot claimed JK on mena after the no kill) and tell me what you think of those posts.
@pooky you don't have to spend too long on it
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Hoopla »

alright, for better or for worse, i'm locked in with infinity & mena, and choose the peta side of this 1v1.

VOTE: peta

for a little commentary:

i still somehow find mena's frazzled energy when he comes under extreme heat quite townie. i think there's something to be said for that. as for peta, i find his reactions under pressure more confusing. he seems to largely rely on wifom defences of:
"oh, this specific thing? i would never do that as scum. i have been thinking about the game a lot, here is X, Y, Z why i wouldn't do it"

like yeah, it's probably suboptimal to link yourself so obviously with dave if he's scum, but if we rewind to the start of this day before massclaim, dave & peta were two top candidates that would have been high in people's collective solves. he would have had to do
something
to avoid the walls of PoE closing in.

making a proactive move to link each other together to muddy PoE isn't a bad play - it's a good distancing trick in a late game to confuse the PoE and attempt to win the game in 7p ELo. having said that, i'd say this play is quite unlikely for most and not worth really considering, but peta seems canny enough (especially given his history as scum). it also needs to be mentioned that it's possible peta can make this play while dave is town too. i think everyone is quickly jumping to that conclusion, but it's not a slamdunk pairing.

i don't know. when i see stuff like this:
In post 3827, petapan wrote:but i came into the day with a clear idea of what the mechanics around claims were and doing a watcher claim that ties me to dave is pretty much the worst one i could make
all i get from this, is that it proves he's been thinking about the setup/mechanics a lot. and scum are more likely to be thinking about the setup a lot overnight last night. if he's scum the above quote^ carries a bitterness about not reaping the amount of credit he thought he deserved for such a play.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

alright, that was my last big effort post of the day. i don't think i have the zeal to do much more.

i leave the fate of today in the hands of BB and S&M, which seems like an appropriately LOL way to end today.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3856, Hoopla wrote:carries a bitterness about not reaping the amount of credit he thought he deserved for such a play.
Yes this is what I've been feeling from a lot of peta's posts today

like this one
In post 3277, petapan wrote:siting here blinking going
dude i fucking led you here and you think i'm scum for it
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by petapan »

i'm town and i tried to do what i thought would help, don't know why you think i'd box myself in like this
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by petapan »

on net i'm still concerned with menalque because i felt like some of his posts were just blatantly manipulative but that moment where he hesitated on me felt pretty good. like i sid, i'm an easy mark. i'm finishing that iso of smnart and it's reminding me of a lot of the issues i had there
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by petapan »

pooky talk to me
free crypto
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 3859, petapan wrote:i'm town and i tried to do what i thought would help, don't know why you think i'd box myself in like this
my working assumption is that you projected a cop-guilty claim today was a losing strategy: get a mis-elim today, but then when you flip scum, your buddies are too obviously linked to you, and would be next to go D6 and D7.

if you're scum, this play looks like a move of trying to win it in a 7p ELo before associations come into the game from scumflips.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

if mena is actually scum and has pulled the wool over my eyes, i swear...

i don't know. i'd back SS as being the fish that got away over that.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3300, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3297, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: s_s ehh ok
Why?
In post 3312, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3308, Infinity 324 wrote:Hoopla convinced me, honestly I’m pretty comfortable just sheeping her at this stage.
What did Hoopla say that was convincing?
In post 3315, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3313, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3296, Hoopla wrote:SS makes the most sense as a player who would try to kill a town-you N1. but SS also makes sense as a player who i suspect would consider no-killing N1 given his adeptness regarding mechanics/strategy.
How is that compelling? All it takes is one person on the scumteam saying that Menalque is a strong player for the scum to attack him. Just because peta isn't familiar with him doesn't mean nobody on his team is.

man i hated these infinity posts at the time
free crypto
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

looking at the remaining voters, i have a sinking feeling we're just going to settle for mena today.

SS seems to be leaning towards mena and BB said he'd hammer anyone. i have no idea what S&M will do.

will anyone step and surprise me? who will be a hero?
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Best Bird »

I mean - I put peta before mena for a reason

but yes - i will wait and see who i can hammer
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Best Bird »

hold up - i'll post it for you hoopla

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by petapan »

okay i finished my iso of smart and i just think i'm going to stay where i am

there's some little things that bother me, like how he maybe gives little nudges toward whatever wagon was going on but never really commits to anything fully but today he often feels relatable. stuff like 3582 and 3584. i'm going to be doing some more digging.
free crypto
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:30 pm

I will re-read and talk with Nancy some more after I'm done. Have some other things to wrap up tonight.

I've never played with scum!Mena before.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by petapan »

pooky i really do want to talk with you because you're likely to be a critical vote here and i think by role you're very likely to be town and so i want to try and communicate

i'm digging a little bit on menalque right now
free crypto
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:36 pm

I think Nancy is on your side and she's mostly the one who calls the shots in this hydra so you should be fine unless I convince her you're bad but I've never been very good at convincing her of anything :3
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by petapan »

the assurance is nice but i want to just feel like i can spill my guts and hear your thoughts on the overall game. i am lonely in this game
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by petapan »

i'm burrowing through menalque's meta right now. i'm trying to find instances of him leaning on the reads of the dead to the extent he's attempted to this game, including eliminated players.

this is from mini normal 2163:
In post 4405, Menalque wrote:
In post 4272, bob3141 wrote:
In post 4140, Menalque wrote:veng

well unless i think if town they will make a stupid veng kill. yds . The fact he claims to scum read yds means his reads are awful if he inst scum. Like a vig who kills town 3 times in row. You dont want to give them any chance to kill more town

the poe should only be osuka, dmath, bob , plus.

Any risk to that then, yes i will be against killing a claimed veng. Kill him last even if he is scum
In post 4273, bob3141 wrote:And if my poe is wrong. Then im as wrong as anyone this game.

As the wagon gamestate just doesnt make sense unless there is 2 scum in dmath, osuka, plus
I don’t think bob retracts from this and now that he’s conftown I’m inclined to listen to this

Honestly if bob could just present as town he’d be a really strong player, I think his hunting is >average but he continuously fails to communicate well and comes across super scummy because of it
mena was scum, bob's reads were wrong, he'd voted to eliminate him the prior day. granted, this is the only instance i can find of him doing something like this but the extent to which he's leaned into reads of the dead this game feels manipulative. i certainly can't find him leaning that hard on dead player reads as town. it especially bothers me because, obviously, skitter was wrong on at least 1 of her townreads and yet he's been trying to use her reads like a sword. can't get over the push on lilith's slot today either even after it was confirmed there was no doc. or the way he dragged me back onto dunnstral when dunn's logic had been similar to his own. he gives me the feeling more than the other two that he's get people to do his bidding to move them, hustle them. i want to stand by mmy feelings here regardless of how much emotional appeals he puts out.

i realize there's a certain irony in citicizing his sheeping the dead play when i'm telling people to sheep me if i'm eliminated but whatever
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by petapan »

infinity getting frustrated with me not playing ball with him gave me kind of townvies i think
free crypto

Return to “Completed Open Games”