petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3875 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by petapan »

also menalque just keeps pointing at dave and going "dave post bad" but the thing is from what i can tell - dave is super placid as scum, him getting pissy only seems to happen in town games when people don't follow his idea of optimal mechanical play. this seems to happen fairly often. but, you know, if someone's posting
unusually
, point at it, yell, and call it scummy, that's how it goes. but it doesn't look like scum rage here
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3876 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by petapan »

final answer is menalque if i end up getting hammered while i'm asleep
free crypto
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3877 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 4.15

Menalque (3):
Not_Mafia, davesaz, petapan
petapan (3):
Infinity 324, Menalque, Hoopla

Not voting
: Something_Smart, Best Bird, Smoke and Mirrors

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-26 17:00:00)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3878 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Best Bird »

One vote this entire game s_s.

Must be hard to actually do something.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3879 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3856, Hoopla wrote:alright, for better or for worse, i'm locked in with infinity & mena, and choose the peta side of this 1v1.

VOTE: peta

for a little commentary:

i still somehow find mena's frazzled energy when he comes under extreme heat quite townie. i think there's something to be said for that. as for peta, i find his reactions under pressure more confusing. he seems to largely rely on wifom defences of:
"oh, this specific thing? i would never do that as scum. i have been thinking about the game a lot, here is X, Y, Z why i wouldn't do it"

like yeah, it's probably suboptimal to link yourself so obviously with dave if he's scum, but if we rewind to the start of this day before massclaim, dave & peta were two top candidates that would have been high in people's collective solves. he would have had to do
something
to avoid the walls of PoE closing in.

making a proactive move to link each other together to muddy PoE isn't a bad play - it's a good distancing trick in a late game to confuse the PoE and attempt to win the game in 7p ELo. having said that, i'd say this play is quite unlikely for most and not worth really considering, but peta seems canny enough (especially given his history as scum). it also needs to be mentioned that it's possible peta can make this play while dave is town too. i think everyone is quickly jumping to that conclusion, but it's not a slamdunk pairing.

i don't know. when i see stuff like this:
In post 3827, petapan wrote:but i came into the day with a clear idea of what the mechanics around claims were and doing a watcher claim that ties me to dave is pretty much the worst one i could make
all i get from this, is that it proves he's been thinking about the setup/mechanics a lot. and scum are more likely to be thinking about the setup a lot overnight last night. if he's scum the above quote^ carries a bitterness about not reaping the amount of credit he thought he deserved for such a play.
you know hoopla has written a tome to justify each of her votes today and while having reasons isn't bad it feels almost
over-justified
in context, given how she's shifted it around so much - she's voted 3 different people but there's a wall each time. if it was just admitting to a compromise, i wouldn't really have a problem but she feels the need to act like she's so sure each time but starts to look less believable when you move around as much as she has
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3880 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3878, Best Bird wrote:One vote this entire game s_s.

Must be hard to actually do something.
i don't have a lot to read you on this game but the thing where you were unsure of skitter's reasoning on smnart because she didn't explain it so you weren't going to necessarily sheep it was relatable because i had been thinking the same thing, i just hadn't said it. that's like my best towntell on you
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3881 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

How are you TRing people for those reasons at this stage?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3882 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by petapan »

it's not really a hard read, it's just a THING i noticed and felt compelled to point out, absent anything else. wasn't sure if i;'d mentioned it, but it felt worth mentioning. in general when someone says similar things to what i'm thinking before i say it, they're town. it's only one data point though, i can't really call it a strong read, i understand why you suspect him. but i'm just kind of dumping every raw thought i have into the thread. i would feel bad if i let this THING go unsaid
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3883 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I just feel like so many people are towny on play/mechanics
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3884 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by petapan »

i don't know that...the entire group of 4s is a HARD read and i haven't had time to direct any attention there. i don't think best bird has a playstyle that makse him easily readable and i've had growing misgivings about hoopla but haven't had time to read there fully. the jv slot is a nonentity, and despitew what hoopla says, i don't necessarily townread it on role? i had guessed n_m was neighborizer on day 3, and that was why i had mentioned that tinfoil theory about uncrowned being the kill - if they felt they could no longer get any sway over uncrowned after jv replaced out, a kill there would make sense. i could see hoopla going the extra mile on wifom by doubling up with a teammate and then having the teammate take neighborizer while she hard defended them. i dunno. like none of them are
really
a strong townread to me so i need to mention stuff like that data point on best bird or hoopla giving me the heebie jeebies.

infinity, tell me - do you have difficulty maintaining your effort level as scum?
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3885 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I don’t have any completed scum games in a few years but I remember that being a thing that’s happened
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3886 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by petapan »

do you think you've played outside your scumrange this game?
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3887 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah. I have some trouble faking read depth as scum, and I don’t think I’d be able to fake my emotions to the level I have this game.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3888 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Lol I meant at the level my emotions have been
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3889 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by petapan »

all right. was feelijng that but wanted to hear it in your own words. whatever happens i'm choosing to trust you. mind talking about how you feel "so many people are towny on play/mechanics?"
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3890 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

describes the mechanics part of it pretty well. As for play, I’m getting pretty strong townvibes from s_s (his questions have seemed very well-motivated), hoopla and I keep mindmelding in a way that never happens with scum, you I’ve had some issues with but you were towny on days 1-3 and seem to be sorting on the surface rn, bird’s tone has felt towny, mena’s reactions to almost being limmed a few times have screamed town (light but genuine AtE, and super motivated to solve when he was about to die), and dave I’ve had a light TR on for being unconcerned with how people look at him.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3891 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by petapan »

say i get eliminated, flip town, where does your mind go next?
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3892 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

s_s/bird/lilith I guess
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3893 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 3879, petapan wrote:you know hoopla has written a tome to justify each of her votes today and while having reasons isn't bad it feels almost over-justified in context, given how she's shifted it around so much - she's voted 3 different people but there's a wall each time. if it was just admitting to a compromise, i wouldn't really have a problem but she feels the need to act like she's so sure each time but starts to look less believable when you move around as much as she has
generally speaking, i formulate my thoughts through writing. often times i don't know what i
actually
think until i write through it, as opposed to thinking of something first,
then
writing it down.

to spare the reader my wayward rambling, i'll usually trim the fat of any substantial post in a bid to be succinct. but i've definitely been favouring just posting as much of what comes to mind today, given it's such a confusing gamestate.

if not for a careful curtailing of instincts, i could easily have been a mastin in another timeline.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3894 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3892, Infinity 324 wrote:s_s/bird/lilith I guess
you really think there's any realistic possibility of a mafia nokill on night 1? i realize it's not impossible, but i think it takes a certain type of player to attempt such a play. i think that, if that team of players wanted to get rid of menalque, they'd simply kill him, rather than try to elaborately frame him
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3895 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3893, Hoopla wrote:
In post 3879, petapan wrote:you know hoopla has written a tome to justify each of her votes today and while having reasons isn't bad it feels almost over-justified in context, given how she's shifted it around so much - she's voted 3 different people but there's a wall each time. if it was just admitting to a compromise, i wouldn't really have a problem but she feels the need to act like she's so sure each time but starts to look less believable when you move around as much as she has
generally speaking, i formulate my thoughts through writing. often times i don't know what i
actually
think until i write through it, as opposed to thinking of something first,
then
writing it down.

to spare the reader my wayward rambling, i'll usually trim the fat of any substantial post in a bid to be succinct. but i've definitely been favouring just posting as much of what comes to mind today, given it's such a confusing gamestate.

if not for a careful curtailing of instincts, i could easily have been a mastin in another timeline.
i get it but it does not make me trust you. wish that i could reread to put concrete words to those feelings, but i have probably run out of time for that. (you used to write a lot more, but the game has changed a lot over the years, as i've said. also i was only ever scum against you so i never had to actually read you)
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3896 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3894, petapan wrote:
In post 3892, Infinity 324 wrote:s_s/bird/lilith I guess
you really think there's any realistic possibility of a mafia nokill on night 1? i realize it's not impossible, but i think it takes a certain type of player to attempt such a play. i think that, if that team of players wanted to get rid of menalque, they'd simply kill him, rather than try to elaborately frame him
I guess? I’m just running out of options. I don’t really think mena’s play is within a human’s scumrange tbh. n_m/bird doubling up AND choosing neighborizer seems even more unlikely. I just know which TRs of mine I can trust completely and which ones could be wrong. Hoopla and mena aren’t scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3897 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by petapan »

in the last pyp game the mfia no-killed and there was discussion of it being a suboptimal move, something_smart was in that game. the situation was different, the scumteam was down to 1 member left, but i just dont see a nokill being a move he makes.

i don't trust either of your strong townreads and beg you to reconsider in the event i'm flipped. especially hoopla. anyway i think i'm done here for the night.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3898 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1671, the worst wrote:
vote count 2.06

Menalque (6)
: lilith2013, Infinity 324, JacksonVirgo, Hoopla, Dunnstral, TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox (2)
: Uncrowned, PenguinPower
JacksonVirgo (1)
: petapan
Infinity 324 (1)
: Menalque

Not voting
: davesaz, Something_Smart, skitter30

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-13 13:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- skitter30 v/la fridays & saturdays
- JacksonVirgo v/la til 06/11/2020
- quack
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3899 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by petapan »

it occurs that i was probably too soft in my questioning and hould have pressed more but i'm tired both physically and of this game and just kind of, wanted to chat. thank you anyway
free crypto

Return to “Completed Open Games”