Titling Discussion

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #50 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 30, xyzzy wrote:I am very in favor of posts at the end of games reminding players about the title fairy thread. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be against a single short informative post like this???
How many single-game related titles do we have rn
because that's my main concern, I'm not sure if it's a bad thing, but it worries me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 36, Ircher wrote:
In post 30, xyzzy wrote:I am very in favor of posts at the end of games reminding players about the title fairy thread. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be against a single short informative post like this???
The Scummies already does that, and everyone already finds that annoying.
well that's because it bumps topics that are dead and gone
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1162, Alisae wrote:how about its an unoriginal uninspired event that the normal thread just does significantly better
That’s the biggest problem, it’s essentially the normal process but kinda worse
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

To answer, sometimes an idea is found that actually is very solid and it is kept past the event period
I think that’s what KMo was asking
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

hrm
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

sure, second
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Generally there’s an idea to start on a successful title nom attempt
The discussion naturally happens from there
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 287, Ariel wrote:
In post 0, mastina wrote:
Which titles should I nominate?

Which titles should I not nominate?

You probably weren't asking this and most of this section should be common sense, but it seems important anyway. You should not nominate:
  • a title for yourself. You will not receive the title and other users may find it annoying that you tried this. If there are title nominations for you in consideration in the thread, be careful about giving too much feedback or input - while declining a specific title or set of titles that's currently in discussion for you is perfectly fine, going too far beyond that may cause users to become uncomfortable with the current proceedings.
Ok, so this is currently a rule. I think it tries to prevent people from dominating conversations about their own title and also the title thread devolving into people mostly posting "can I have a title?" I think it also tries to help titles function as gifts from the community. I do think that it is a rule that people interpret quite differently where the line is with it.

I was kinda wondering if it might make more sense to just have a thread that is a quarantine for people asking for titles or commenting in depth on titles they were nominated for. As things stand, you can theoretically have private conversations (or even a conversation in site chat) and kinda circumvent this. So, I was just wondering if this is a potential compromise that makes the social norms surrounding discussing potential titles for yourself less confusing/more equitable.
there was talks of titling me at one point, and there was some good ideas going around but my general feeling was that a good number of suggestions were kinda implying I was a paragon of virtue when I'm not really, I just try to be a good person. I believe I held my tongue earlier but given the current state of things I feel like speaking up isn't of much impact to any active titling action, which is what I was concerned about before.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Player Titles”