Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10225 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Subject: Death Curse Mafia PT
Noraa wrote:
In post 7957, Gloria Cleary wrote:Noraa probably kept me going when no one else believed in me.
Gloria, it's very unfair for me to say this and may come off as rude considering I did get a red role pm but I sincerely enjoyed your presence and you kept me going in this game as well. It's unfair for me to say but I felt pretty crappy getting tunneled.
Ig this'll sound super annoying because, again, I got a fucking red pm, but I appreciate you.
No, not rude at all. <3

Like I said, if I ever have to lose another game to scum, my preference would be you by an ocean. You made the game so much fun. :)
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #10226 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Bell »

@Mush, you played better than me so I don't see much of a reason to give a run down on ya. Since I didn't know you I didn't know whether to trust your reads and you walled so to be perfectly honest. I just felt you were town, skimmed anything that didn't have to do with an accusation you were making against a player and largely didn't try to engage with you. I'm just the sort of the player that tries to solve independently first and only pays attention when someone else thinks they have a solve for a slot. In other words, once I thought you were town I ignored the majority of your posting.

A wall poster is a rare thing in tyool 2020.
You were good at townng it up and showing a good town thought process. You were able to assert yourself when I was lacking the confidence too even though I had way more reasons to think Shelly was scum than you did.
I very much disagree with the megalomania comment by DGB, she hates authority figures tho is a passing thought I have on DGB. my c key is stuck. At the very least it felt like you struggling with yourself and the thoughts of others and taking it into some account before pushing something and that weighed on you the proper amount before making a decision imo, so the megalomania seems pretty false from my perspective, but that's hard to evaluate.

Good job catching DGB, your thoughts about setting up end game however were a serious reach into the future and was probably a waste of brain power. It's difficult to predict what people will do and you shouldn't be trying to look 5-10 eliminations down the line because the farther away something is the more assumptions you have to make to get there and the less accurate your predictive model is going to be.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #10227 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Bell »

@fidget: I kinda sorta thought you were Morning Tweet. You were very helpful in elo. In retrospect you were obv town and did a really good job in a lot of respects. I feel like you could have done a more solid job defending your play and surviving than you did. You had quite a few posts that pointed away from being partners with Shelly if you hammered that home it might have led to an earlier reevaluation. I checked out when we went through the players after Titus and that was very much my fault. I don't think I even got to say anything before you were eliminated. Overall your read on Murdecat was excellent and you correctly identified Noraa as scum and that made things a lot more reassuring I'm glad you weren't dead and could still or it probably would have been even harder on me in elo.

There's probably something to say for reading players off of insanity but not being able to differentiate from insane town and insane scum. I have no idea how to differentiate the two either tho, so I have no advice on that aspect of your hunting. You were very clear.
I think if I had paid more attention to you this would have been an earlier win. opps. Ugh you were so upfront and kept responding to everything. You were basically a paranoia read and I really shouldn't have pushed at you at all.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #10228 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Bell »

I do want to be honest, I could reread your posts and give real advice.
But I'm not gunna.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #10229 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Fidget: you were awesome, be more confident.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Fre/He/She/It/They/伊

Post Post #10230 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

I did not finish reading these 10 pages that were made in the post game, in case anyone addressed anything to me.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #10231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:19 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I just did a reread of the front half of the game. In hindsight, I really should have been harder on myself for the lazy reads on Tayl0r, Noraa and Shelly. I ended up reading all of them independent of their meta in the end, and falling back on trash reasoning to justify them was absolutely gobsmackingly stupid of me. I have more skill than that and I might have figured out Noraa was not as townie as she seemed BEFORE I was the scroll-bearer if I had done it right the first time.

Also realized I passed up some outrageously good towntells from Fidget on D1 and Flea on D2. I might have started yelling about Fidget Town before Toog's wagon started, and might have gotten Flea in the townbloc before my untimely demise, and ahead of Gloria at that. Might have also been a better move to not hold my UNOwen townread close to the chest on D2. So: look for reads early and yell about them often. Usual pitfalls there don't apply for me since I'm near pocket-proof and always junk my reads and re-eval in the endgame and/or after a run of bad flips my reads depended on, so I should be more aggressively confident in my strong reads. Lesson learned.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”