2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The health status of theilin and hopkins were primary reasons i made that choice. Any points better than 0. Would make the same choice but would have liked more than i got out of him
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Like, maybe I should have just started Cooper anyway but I was worried about him playing a tough pass D and he hasn't exactly been on fire this season. I am PROB sitting Henry this week in favor of Jones b/c Jones is used more in the pass game and I could easily envision a scenario where da bears just get shut out and green bay just runs it until time expires.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Oh i think we both made the right choices i just wish i had a better option and you did not
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think your decision to stat Jones was fine. I was actually going to pick him up but you got him. He coulda had a bigger day b/c he did get 12 targets.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay but he only caught 6 of those. I still back my decision. Because hypothetically let's say Theilin and Hopkins both don't play this week. Then I only got 3 receivers that are playing this week. Jones, Diggs, and Corey Davis. So starting Jones was not just something I wanted to do, I had to do it in case that scenario arises. Yes I currently have an empty spot on my roster, but since CMC has not been fully declared out yet, I would have to move him off IR and into my roster before I picked someone else up if I wanted to play someone else today. So really Jones was my only option. I just thought it would work better for me

Our QBs and kickers are roughly the same. I have better receiving core and defense. You have better running backs and tight end. We are evenly matched but things not looking good for me now
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like I said your decision was fine but you also coulda like just waited and if was going to be out Sunday or be one of those pesky game time decisions then you could just dropped someone and WW it.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hopkins is out of questionable and into the game. Theilin is still out with Covid. There was talk of it being a false positive but looking at how he is still on that list, I can't play him. So I am generally ok with having started jones given his projections compared to everyone on waivers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Given how much they have moved the game and how many peoplee on both teams have turned positive I would advice everyone to avoid starting Pitt and Baltimore players this week. Game is in danger of being canceled out right
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

Gotta say I'm pretty proud of how well I've bounced back from an 0-4 start in L2...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

its a good thing that I still won while sitting Henry

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay things could have been worse for me. Your victory means that weeks 13 and 14 do not matter to us as I am locked into 2nd and you are locked into 1st. I missed out on 1st seed but its almost like having 2 bye weeks now
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

Yeah that means you're gonna bench all your players next week for our matchup, right Nero?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

whats in it for me?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

L2 playoff picture is pretty intense. Myself and Poker are guaranteed slots while Aronis and Pabs are eliminated. that leaves the last 6 slots all fighting for the last 4 playoff slots. If projections hold all off

Rek
T-bone
Caboose
BEF
kila

will be 6-6 while Pooky will be 5-7

The winner of Rekt-Fishes will go to the playoffs. If I and Poker get wins next week and IR gets a win and Bear gets a win then there will be 5 teams @ 6-7 and then it's up to the tie breaker.

Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Aronis »

Wdym I'm eliminated I'm in 5th and projected to win this week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

When did Aronis take over Injured Reserve? I thought the way was doing it. Aronis is in league 1.

The possibility of teams with losing records making it in feels off. Like there's an NFC east in ms League 2. This may be the biggest reason against 6 spots in the playoffs

Gonna wait until its official before I post odds and stuff. Also A friend of mine is in a weird 2 division 12 teams where 6 make it in league. Yes schedules are obviously weird in it. Gonna include data on this league into our discussion after this week too since it might have some value.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lol, IR is the way it ends. brain fart on my part.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

eh, teams possibly making the playoffs @ 6-7 doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

What are the tiebreakers? I’m assuming head to head then conference record right? I can’t find the order in the Yahoo Fantasy app.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In-division record then total points I think.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yes. Btw i warned you all to avoid pitt and baltimore players. The game is now wednesday. I believe my warning to be completely warranted. Lets see if they get to the outright cancel it point. How do you guys want to honorably handle things if that happens? I have already accepted my loss to nero and pit vs ravens happening wont change it i dont think. So how do we want to handle things if things reach that point in other fantasy games?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i mean, we don't do anything. yahoo is handling it. I haven't looked yet to see what they are doing yet. I'd assume it just counts as a week 12 game though.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

The Ravens/Steelers game has been moved to Wednesday, December 2 (remaining in Week 12). If played, stats will be applied to Week 12 matchups. However, the game may not count towards Week 12 if it is canceled or postponed to another date.
So basically it's still a week 12 game but if it's canceled again then it won't count for week 12.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Game was played. Will gets odds of all the leagues for comparisons up here by eod. Can D3f or someone else post the L1 odds since I can not get them? Thanks
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Based on the current ranks, it would seem L2 is using total points as the primary tiebreaker.

Personally I like that better than conference record, but I could also be biased since it puts me in a better spot. <_<
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”