xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by xofelf »

Ariel, you're amazing <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:54 am

Post by xofelf »

There's been a couple new resources created lately, so updated the OP to include them. Is there a resource thread or wiki page for LSGs that we're missing? Give us a holler and we'll fix it.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by xofelf »

A lot of the challenges are usually directly taken from some of the various Mish Mash games that are running at any given time. You could get a taste of some from various games if you check out the spreadsheet that is linked in the OP of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=120&t=79186
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:48 am

Post by xofelf »

I'll be adding this to the OP in a second but, I was recently gifted this handy database of a TON of different challenge ideas, so if you're running out of ideas, look no further than here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yeah it was. I think some of these could be adapted for other games. It's still worth having the resource as a starting point for anybody who is looking for some ideas.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:12 am

Post by xofelf »

There is one sorta, but largely that. I put in some stuff as I was building a game since I go through past games for challenge ideas. The thread still exists and so does the spreadsheet, it can still be contributed to.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:14 am

Post by xofelf »

Yes the zetaboards guide is no longer valid because zetaboards does not exist, but we didn't have a guide for a long time before that one was made. As you well know, we had a guide because someone who was confident in how to design from start to finish as well explain it to other people made one. As I've been one the listmod on board the entire time since we've lost zetaboards, I can tell you it's not due to lack of care that a new one has not been made for proboards or even the Simple Machines boards. I personally don't feel confident in my abilities to use either of those forum software completely my own if I'm running a game, let alone enough to tell other people how to do things. Any time a problem has come up with how boards work, I know the people who *do* know how to answer those questions, and I've always referred people to those people instead. I could use a guide on boards just as much as anybody else could. I can't make a guide for something I need a guide to use. When I ran my game that was hosted on Proboards, Malkon05 was the one who set it up, and then CreativeMod1 was who made a spreadsheet that automated the process to just went to the direct pages on where to change things. I haven't needed a board since, so I haven't looked into further myself because I know there are people who are more competent than I am when it comes to the boards. We have never had any problems with anybody who did know how these things work as well as have the skill to explain in an approachable way to make a guide to help others. That has always been the case.

The boards that are connected to this forum discontinuing given there's another decent alternative, is not just our decision. It's on the admin and coding front. We don't run enough games frequently enough to prioritize hosting them. Hosting games on the site has not been one of the active goals of the LSG subforum, it was an idea if feasible on the coding and admin side of things and if they wanted to do it, but not something that was actively being worked towards. If that was a miscommunication somewhere, I'm sorry. It was a conversation we had with Kison recently when we were talking about the upgrade he and the coding team have been working on, and that was the decision that he made.

Return to “Social Game Archive”