2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

nvm, the standings haven't updated. lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 622, xRECKONERx wrote:why the hell would we reseed exactly
well, why would we not reseed?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Thuney 10-3
Aces 9-4
Wagons 7-6
Reck 7-6
Bone 7-6
Fishies 6-7
Tatum 6-7
Bears 5-8
IR 4-9
Pabs 4-9

That's the record after this week... so it looks like either Fish/Tatum will make it, whoever wins the regular season tiebreaker, which in Yahoo by default is Points For, I believe? So it looks like Tatum has Pts For locked down against you, Fish
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 626, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 622, xRECKONERx wrote:why the hell would we reseed exactly
well, why would we not reseed?
i have been playing fantasy for over a decade and ive never reseeded for playoffs? or never needed to anyway?
green shirt thursdays
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 627, xRECKONERx wrote:Thuney 10-3
Aces 9-4
Wagons 7-6
Reck 7-6
Bone 7-6
Fishies 6-7
Tatum 6-7
Bears 5-8
IR 4-9
Pabs 4-9

That's the record after this week... so it looks like either Fish/Tatum will make it, whoever wins the regular season tiebreaker, which in Yahoo by default is Points For, I believe? So it looks like Tatum has Pts For locked down against you, Fish
Yep, I think you're right.

Was a fun run for me and I'm already looking forward to next year!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by PJ. »

League 1 is a disaster.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

how so?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

xRECKONERx wrote:wait, i'm not sure i fully understand. you would only need to reseed if 1 & 2 were on the same side of the bracket. they are not?
In Nfl when there was 6 teams in playoffs before if the 6 seed won in round 1 of the playoffs they would reseed so that the number 1 seed would play the number 6 seed for round 2 of the playoffs.

If reseeding is not done then it is possible for the 1 seed to play the 4 seed in the playoffs second round while the 2 seed plays the 6 seed in that same round

Its basically a question of do we want the bracket to be a tournament like march madness or setup the way nfl does it so highest seed alive always plays lowest seed. Yahoo has always done a tournament style before but it looks like they now have a new feature to do things more like the nfl
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The question to reseed or not is mute if Joe/Wagons wins in round 1. If he wins he will play me in round 2 regardless of whether we reseed or not. Its basically a question of do we want to allow Rob to play me if he beats Joe. I don't care either way. Getting to playoff is all I care about in fantasy since who you play and when can change in a week since your players can be champs one week and chumps the next. Making playoffs is an achievement decided by many weeks of success while making round 2 or final round of playoffs depends all on 1 week and not 13 or 14 of them.

I checked my odds calculator for my 10 person league 3 teams are clinched and 7 teams are technically alive though 7th place does technically have to win and get 165 more points then the 5th place to get in. With the current schedule the 4th place team (me) is playing the 5th place team. So its impossible for us both to lose. So 7th has to beat 10th place team with current schedule and win by a lot. So yes 7 is possible but with the need to get a win and win by 150 points more than 5th place, should 5th win, it seems unlikely. If 4th wins, then they will need 205 more points than I get next week. So odds of that are worse.

I had to run many iteration for it to get a 0.01 iterations for team 7 as things currently are. So yes its possible 7th place could still get in, but its very unlikely so take that as you will. If we did not have divisions and had an extra week before we went into a 4 team playoff in ms league 2, I think fish would still be alive as both Joe and Reck would not be clinched as 3 and 4 in that situation. Pending schedule and other factors Fish could actually have a much better chance than 7th in my other league since fish could get one of two spots as apposed to only 1 spot that actually is still in play in my other 10 team league. So how does MS league 1 look?
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

4 teams made it in from north division and 2 made it in from south. So I am happy I led the tougher division. Pooky the only team not to make it into playoffs from the north is 8th place at the moment while places 7, 9, 10 are all in the south. 2, 3, 4, 5 are all north teams. 1 and 6 are south. Updating schedule info in earlier post in a moment
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:50 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 631, Nero Cain wrote:how so?
Two teams have clinched playoffs, two are 8-5, three are 7-6, and all five of them have a relatively okay chance at making the playoffs...

Basically -
If I win I’m in regardless of what else happens
If PJ wins he’s in regardless of what else happens
If neither PJ nor I win, Tally is in
And all four of me/PJ/PEG/Yiley are within 50 points of each other (with me/PEG/Yiley even closer), so the WC race is going to be something between any of me/PJ that lose and any of PEG/Yiley that win
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 am

Post by T-Bone »

Oh I don't care, reseed or not.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

I realize it's probably at least partly because 6 of 10 teams in L2 aren't actually playing this week, but there's something viscerally satisfying about seeing the two highest projected scores for this week going against each other in a playoff match. Time to throw haymakers with Groose!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 631, Nero Cain wrote:how so?
Two teams have clinched playoffs, two are 8-5, three are 7-6, and all five of them have a relatively okay chance at making the playoffs...

Basically -
If I win I’m in regardless of what else happens
If PJ wins he’s in regardless of what else happens
If neither PJ nor I win, Tally is in
And all four of me/PJ/PEG/Yiley are within 50 points of each other (with me/PEG/Yiley even closer), so the WC race is going to be something between any of me/PJ that lose and any of PEG/Yiley that win
So 2 clinched and 7 still alive? I would like to see the odds in the chaos and see who plays who next week please

Something is telling me, you should not have told Tally she had a chance. Did she go beast mode on you guys in recent weeks?
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:34 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

She beat me by ~12 this week and plays Panzer next week. This week was the first time she’s broken the 100 point barrier since Week 3, but she’s on a three-game win streak. Relevant matchups next week are:

Me vs Aronis
PJ vs Tally
TD37 vs PEG
KK vs Yiley

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:44 am

Post by PJ. »

She wins the division based on division record if it finishes in a 3 way tie, cause she'd be 4-2 in the division, while D3F and I would be 3-3.

I think this is her only path in unless she out scores me by by 156 pts.
Last edited by PJ. on Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:46 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Well I’d be 2-4 but yeah.

Also I’m not gonna post the percentages again because they’re not accounting for this - I ran it just now and it says Tally can’t make the playoffs, so it must not see our settings properly.

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 am

Post by PJ. »

Weird
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:57 am

Post by PJ. »

And like..relegation is also like...not locked. Aronis and rolling thunder can't make playoffs, but them, peg, yiley, and tally can all still be relegated or safe. It's an actual mess.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

then sure idc if we reseed or not
green shirt thursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

sounds like L1 is just competitive unless you are saying that everything is so close b/c no teams are all that good.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by PJ. »

We're not complaining. We're just kind of stating that it's tiebreaker city.

Also, we're more talking about variance. There was a chance up until literally yesterday afternoon that the 2nd highest scorer in the did make playoffs. There's still a chance that the 8th highest scorer makes playoffs over the 3rd highest scorer.

Lastly, why are you an asshole about everything?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

??????

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Maybe panzer is referring to you throwing and panzer not liking that?

Based on the discussion it sounds like reseeding is the more nfl like way, and no one cares much, so I guess we use it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

could be. In hindsight maybe it was a dick move but eh...

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”