Micro 988: 09:12 [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri~ »

In post 307, The Slime Collective wrote:Black is much better in creating cases that I am. There is no point in me talking about below-average opening of Gamma, the fact that his ISO contains scumreading without pushing and in overal not very deep analysis or his horrible push to our slot. I will mention it to Black and hopefully he can make a good case from it resulting into people casting VOTE: Gamma.
~Victor Hugo slime
This is giving all sorts of vibes.
"Cooperation is absolutely key at this point. Who you decide to trust or not trust is, of course, up, to you."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Ythan »

I think if that was really Victor Hugo he would probably actually be pretty good at making cases.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by tris »

In post 320, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
In post 318, tris wrote:
In post 98, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
In post 96, bugspray wrote:
In post 92, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
In post 75, bugspray wrote:Kyoko's posts feel like someone who is trying so desperately to have a scum read with the knowledge that everyone they sr is town. A red flip on the slot would also possibly clear horsewoman assuming they aren't doing some wacko SvS thearer.
The first part of this is a good read. You say I'm trying hard to make arguments going and you think that can be scummy and a tell that I'm informed.

The second part of this isn't a good read at all since it's an "association read". It's a fallacy to use "my imaginary flip" to justify your vote on me this early in the day and feels fake.

Now the question is, what do you think about "horsewoman" without that association read and based on their own content?
What you are engaging is called the fallacy fallacy in which instead of refuting an argument or idea you simply say it has a fallacy and pretend that refutes it. It is possible and not uncommon to come to a correct conclusion using a fallacy. I did not use a fallacy to justify my vote.

In addition you are misrepresenting the intent of my vote. The first half which you agreed is a good read is why I am voting you. The second half is an observation that while horsewoman is not very townish it seems unlikely that she would be scum partners with you barring SvS theater. I am voting you because I strongly believe that you are scum and your defensive, misrepresentative, and deflective reply only makes me more confident in this read.
I didn't refute the idea cause it can't be refuted. I was indeed poking multiple people and pushing arguments around. It's on rest of town to figure out if it was from town me or scum me.

And I didn't commit a fallacy fallacy. I didn't say since your read is bad it's wrong. I know it's wrong - but that's irrelevant since the rest of town can't know it. But that doesn't make such a read not bad. What I said was for this reason that If you're town, your confidence is misplaced so I hope you will not base the rest of your today's reads based on an assumption that I will flip red cause that will be a waste of time.
wtf is this post?
wtf is this post asking wtf is my post?
the first paragraph is missing the point (as i see it at least). i think he was scumreading you because of how you would qualify a lot of your reads with statements about how maybe they're actually town. not that you were pushing a bunch of people. and then the statement about how it's up to the town to figure out if you are town or not is very vacuous. a lot of your statements seem to not actually say much.

and, then i just had a hard time processing the rest of it.

i'm not scumreading you ftr. you have an unusual way of posting and i'll need to spend more time figuring you out.

(i am currently at the end of page 6)
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:40 pm

Spoiler:
In post 327, tris wrote:
In post 318, tris wrote:
In post 75, bugspray wrote:Kyoko's posts feel like someone who is trying so desperately to have a scum read with the knowledge that everyone they sr is town. A red flip on the slot would also possibly clear horsewoman assuming they aren't doing some wacko SvS thearer.
The first part of this is a good read. You say I'm trying hard to make arguments going and you think that can be scummy and a tell that I'm informed.

The second part of this isn't a good read at all since it's an "association read". It's a fallacy to use "my imaginary flip" to justify your vote on me this early in the day and feels fake.

Now the question is, what do you think about "horsewoman" without that association read and based on their own content?
What you are engaging is called the fallacy fallacy in which instead of refuting an argument or idea you simply say it has a fallacy and pretend that refutes it. It is possible and not uncommon to come to a correct conclusion using a fallacy. I did not use a fallacy to justify my vote.

In addition you are misrepresenting the intent of my vote. The first half which you agreed is a good read is why I am voting you. The second half is an observation that while horsewoman is not very townish it seems unlikely that she would be scum partners with you barring SvS theater. I am voting you because I strongly believe that you are scum and your defensive, misrepresentative, and deflective reply only makes me more confident in this read.
I didn't refute the idea cause it can't be refuted. I was indeed poking multiple people and pushing arguments around. It's on rest of town to figure out if it was from town me or scum me.

And I didn't commit a fallacy fallacy. I didn't say since your read is bad it's wrong. I know it's wrong - but that's irrelevant since the rest of town can't know it. But that doesn't make such a read not bad. What I said was for this reason that If you're town, your confidence is misplaced so I hope you will not base the rest of your today's reads based on an assumption that I will flip red cause that will be a waste of time.
wtf is this post?
the first paragraph is missing the point (as i see it at least). i think he was scumreading you because of how you would qualify a lot of your reads with statements about how maybe they're actually town. not that you were pushing a bunch of people. and then the statement about how it's up to the town to figure out if you are town or not is very vacuous. a lot of your statements seem to not actually say much.

i'm not scumreading you ftr. you have an unusual way of posting and i'll need to spend more time figuring you out.

Aren't you saying the same thing? That I was bouncing on multiple people and stating what I like and don't like at the very start of game? I did that to start actual alignment indicative arguments.

He was saying I used a fallacy fallacy to refute his reasoning. I said I didn't even try to refute his reasoning as it's true. I was exactly doing that and it's on the rest of town to figure out my intentions from doing it.
"Cooperation is absolutely key at this point. Who you decide to trust or not trust is, of course, up, to you."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Ythan »

I know it's a pain to trim quotes but if you highlight part of a post (like just the most recent reply maybe) then when you hit quote only that part will be quoted and that way you don't get giant pyramids but you don't have you manually trim them idk you probably already know that but just in case it's quicker to just tell you than ask and then tell you.
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:49 pm

"Kyoko is desprately trying to have a scum read" was the reasoning. I was desperately trying to get to a place where I could judge content to sort them.

"with the knowledge that everyone they sr is town." This is what they concluded with that reasoning which I know is wrong but any other Town player can't be sure so I simply can't fight it - besides mentioning the obvious that it's a wrong conclusion.

The second part of that post was me explaining why I even bothered to mention why a part of their read is good and a part is bad. Making an association reads that early in the day can be a dangerous mindset for the town and a strong utility for scum.

pedit: I know that Thanks! As you see I did it when I quoted the first post. Just didn't want the original posts to go missing so the entire conversation is there for people to see
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by tris »

In post 328, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 327, tris wrote:
In post 318, tris wrote:

wtf is this post?

Aren't you saying the same thing? That I was bouncing on multiple people and stating what I like and don't like at the very start of game? I did that to start actual alignment indicative arguments.

He was saying I used a fallacy fallacy to refute his reasoning. I said I didn't even try to refute his reasoning as it's true. I was exactly doing that and it's on the rest of town to figure out my intentions from doing it.
ok

and, ok i should do better with the big quote trees

pedit: yeah ok, i follow you. it seems like often when you explain yourself further, i start to see where you're coming from better.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by tris »

it's
almost
after midnight. i will finish my catchup tomorrow.

having gotten as far as . i am inclined to scumread horsewoman at this point because there were some posts early on that seemed off to me even before i read other people saying similar things. but, i'll need to go back and check. my gut tells me that ythan is town. i think there was some post that i melded with a little.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

Hullo! Hope you're all having a great day.

I see we have a new player. Welcome tris!

UNVOTE:

I'll be catching up with those pages as the day progresses...
In post 183, superbowl9 wrote:Also viking person you can use instead of #1 and I will actually be able to follow what you're saying
I'm a dwarf! A common misconception I suppose. And yes thank you, I'll try doing that.

page 8 is horrible.
In post 200, Datisi wrote:i'm finding ythan's ~annoyance~ (idk if that's the right word here but i'm using it) quoting posts that go unanswered gut townie

ythan, do you have any townreads?
datisi uses curious words sometimes, and I'm sure this can be totally player dependant but there's a lot of little adjectives and question marks in his posts that seem designed to make whatever he is saying weaker and therefore non-commital. Like here he is calling ythan's posts 'gut' townie and I find the placing of the word 'gut' to be artificially put there. In the page before it he adds a question mark to a sentence that was supposed to be affirmative. There are many other examples of this behaviour. Having said that I don't disagree with the stance on ythan so there's that.
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:
intent to L-1 the slime collective

My gut tells me this sort of non-content is scum indicative.
this feels opportunistic in a slimy manner. I never saw anyone posting intent to l-1 before...
In post 234, Horsewoman wrote:
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:
intent to L-1 the slime collective

My gut tells me this sort of non-content is scum indicative.
I don't think this is remotely true? Like scum who have their shit together don't transparently do nothing as Slime is doing, they sort of sneakily do nothing. I don't think inactivity or a lack of contributions is alignment indicative at all. If we can't find a better lynch at the end of the day than "get rid of the guy who isn't doing anything" then sure, but we have time to find something better than that.
And then this defense is really scummy. I feel this conversation contains scum a great % of the time.

and then gamma's #235 is bringing up meta on slime, so it was not a gutread when he posted 'intent'.

And I'm back in a bit...
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 256, Ythan wrote:
In post 245, Horsewoman wrote:Also like, sorry for not reading your every post and answering your multitudinous questions (that lead nowhere) quickly enough? Both inside and outside of this game I have more useful things to do.
This is a real bad response lol.
how so?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Post by Gimli »

ythan is making horsewoman appear towny in page 10
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 335, Gimli wrote:ythan is making horsewoman appear towny in page 11
FMPBWOQ or something.

I like kyoko's recent posting quite a lot and I'm all caught up
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:09 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 327, tris wrote:
In post 318, tris wrote:

wtf is this post?

Hello Tris my pronouns are they/them and I will quote this hell pyramid remorselessly
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:09 am

Post by bugspray »

Gimli we are townbloc

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 338, bugspray wrote:Gimli we are townbloc
:up: :idea:

<bugspray, kyoko>

<ythan>
<datisi>

are varying townreads.

<superbowl, slime>

are nullreads. I liked superbowl's interaction with gamma and I don't think slime showed themselves either way yet. I find it curious that what is supposedly an account made up of more than one player can do so very little, but the way they decided to be obtuse isn't striking me in any direction.

<horsewoman, tris>

are scumreads.
The Slime Collective
The Slime Collective
Goon
The Slime Collective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:49 am

Post by The Slime Collective »

In post 227, bugspray wrote:slime have you actually read the game?
Yes, I did. And we are still in RVS. People are just guessing each other alignments based on their personality/ writing style/ activity. Yes, you
can
catch scum by that method. As well as by random.org.
-Black
The Slime Collective
The Slime Collective
Goon
The Slime Collective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:51 am

In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:My gut tells me this sort of non-content is scum indicative.
Which sort of non-content do you not find scum indicative?
-Black
The Slime Collective
The Slime Collective
Goon
The Slime Collective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:56 am

In post 235, Gamma Emerald wrote:I remember similar behavior patterns from slime collective (who I will assume is the same person until proven otherwise) in micro 881
Meanwhile they felt actually helpful in some sense in micro 977
Slime collective is an alt of my other
head
slime.
-Black
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:56 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 340, The Slime Collective wrote:
In post 227, bugspray wrote:slime have you actually read the game?
Yes, I did. And we are still in RVS. People are just guessing each other alignments based on their personality/ writing style/ activity. Yes, you
can
catch scum by that method. As well as by random.org.
-Black
We are not in rvs. None of the votes on your slot are random.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:58 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 341, The Slime Collective wrote:
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:My gut tells me this sort of non-content is scum indicative.
Which sort of non-content do you not find scum indicative?
-Black
I think quoting a player who replaced out with a direct question that plenty of people have already answered before might make people have serious concerns about your alignment

The Slime Collective
The Slime Collective
Goon
The Slime Collective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:59 am

In post 252, superbowl9 wrote:
Spoiler: my reads
*angry slime noises*
-Black
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:00 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 345, The Slime Collective wrote:
In post 252, superbowl9 wrote:
Spoiler: my reads
*angry slime noises*
-Black
Are you TrueSoulEnergy?

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:00 am

Post by bugspray »

Are you TSE+JV?

The Slime Collective
The Slime Collective
Goon
The Slime Collective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:01 am

In post 344, bugspray wrote:I think quoting a player who replaced out with a direct question that plenty of people have already answered before might make people have serious concerns about your alignment
I am not Arabic slime to read from the end.
-Black
The Slime Collective
The Slime Collective
Goon
The Slime Collective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:02 am

In post 347, bugspray wrote:Are you TSE+JV?
That is classified.
-Black

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”