2020 NFL 3 Strikes Challenge! (Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:00 am

Post by racefan12 »

Rams
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I guess I'll change for the very off-chance that everyone else explodes in the last 3 games

49ers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Unless racefan and snakes get two weeks of wrong answers in succession, I can't mount a comeback. Their streaks beat everyone else already. D3f3nder went 15 in a row in 2016. Can one or both of racefan and snakes tie the record?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:41 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Micc can also tie it with three consecutive correct picks!
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Snakes has tied D3f3nd3r's all time best 15 game streak record. If Snakes wins next week, he will get the all time record all to himself and the win for this year's competition. Yes, Racefan could tie him in that scenario in overall picks assuming Snakes gets 16 right and 17 wrong while racefan goes perfect week 16 and 17. BUT then Snakes will win via the Streak tie breaker so if Snakes wins next week, the game is effectively over. Snakes wins next week, the only thing he has left to play for is the shot at the full season perfect.

Racefan can only win if he goes perfect rest of the way and snakes strikes rest of the way

I kinda have to hope I go perfect rest of the way and racefan and snakes get at least 2 strikes a piece

Micc has to hope he goes perfect rest of the way and I get at least 1 more strike. And racefan and snakes get at least 2 strikes total. Doing this will also only result in Micc getting a tie with Snakes. Micc can't win it all by himself at this point.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Gamma's hail mary doesn't pay off, and the Jets win gives Racefan his first strike (and takes me out of the game). Four remain - Snakes on no strikes, Racefan and Poker on one, and Micc on two. Given that Micc's two strikes were weeks one and two, he's on a 13-game streak and can still force a tie!

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 295, D3f3nd3r wrote:Four years ago, I attended my first and only football game - a mid-season matchup between the post-Fitzpatrick Jets (in Bryce Petty's first start), and the pre-McVay Rams (in Case Keenum's last). In an absolute barnburner of a game, the Rams pulled off a 9-6 victory in a game in which one total touchdown was scored (by the Jets, amazingly!), and the Jets blew it with an interception at three minutes left in the fourth quarter that caused me to get up and leave MetLife.

The first matchup since then between these teams...will not be nearly as close or as interesting as that one.
Rams
Natural conclusions:
Adam Gase > Todd Bowles
Jeff Fischer > Sean McVay
Case Keenum > Jared Goff

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Those conclusions feel so wrong. How about we just be happy the game was more interesting this time
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:14 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Also Gregg Williams is supposedly better than Brandon Staley (Rams defensive coordinators) this one is a bit of a trip given Williams’s recent employment history

(profile pic by datisi)
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Micc »

Texans
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

The Bengals beat the Steelers tonight too o.O

which means exactly half of the Jets+Bengals combined wins so far happened this week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

MIN < NO
TB > DET
SF < ARI
MIA > LVR
CAR < WFT
IND > PIT
ATL < KCC
CHI > JAX
CIN < HOU
NYG < BAL
CLE
> NYJ
DEN < LAC
PHI < DAL
LAR < SEA
TEN > GBP
BUF > NEP

Go Browns!
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Snakes »

I'm going to put my faith in the birds to clinch this for me.

Ravens
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The nerve to pick the birds! I am rooting so hard for the giants now. Browns need to clinch and I don't want to lose here either.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:54 am

Post by racefan12 »

Browns
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The browns put 4 wrs on the covid list today including landry. And Jacksonville will be without James Robinson and in full tank for trevor mode.

I switch to
DA BEARS!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Congrats on the best season ever snakes. Good luck on the perfect next week. I can still get second thanks to bears. I am sad browns lost
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Racefan bets against the Jets again and it doesn't pay off again; Micc's streak of correct picks ends at 13 with the Bengals' win. PokerFace clinches survival of the season, and Snakes clinches the win in this year's competition!

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Week 16

BUF > NE

Week 17

MIN > DET
ATL < TBB
NYJ < NE
MIA < BUF
PIT < CLE
DAL < NYG
BAL > CIN
JAX < IND
TEN
> HOU
ARI < LAR
NOS > CAR
GBP > CHI
LAC > KCC
SEA > SF9
LVR > DEN
WAS > PHI

Glad I saved
Tennessee
. They will want playoffs badly and Houston just lost to the Bengals. Go Titans. Give me a 1 strike season!
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Snakes »

Colts
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oh wow, I didn't realize you still had them available as a choice to you. Colts need to win and should, BUT unlike the Chicago game Jags don't have as much motivation to lose since Jags have lock on first draft pick regardless of win or lose. And there is a chance Jets beat the patriots this weekend with how bad patriots be looking right now and Jets trending upward. I think Belichick could absolutely phone it in as the patriots to get a better draft pick for his eventual QB of the future

Good luck on your perfect, snakes
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by racefan12 »

Uh I was going to pick New England here, but since that didn't work out for me the last two weeks, my second choice is...

Las Vegas Raiders
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Snakes »

In post 320, PokerFace wrote:Oh wow, I didn't realize you still had them available as a choice to you. Colts need to win and should, BUT unlike the Chicago game Jags don't have as much motivation to lose since Jags have lock on first draft pick regardless of win or lose. And there is a chance Jets beat the patriots this weekend with how bad patriots be looking right now and Jets trending upward. I think Belichick could absolutely phone it in as the patriots to get a better draft pick for his eventual QB of the future

Good luck on your perfect, snakes
Thanks! Even if the Jaguars are trying, the Colts will be trying harder and they're the much better team, so I feel pretty good about my pick. But the Jaguars did get their only win against the Colts so it's definitely possible they beat them again.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

I also think your pick will pan out for you. The lack of preseason and new QB in new system is why I think colts lost the first week. It being an away game and a divisional game against a team that was keeping its qb and system, also helps why jags won then. The same luck isn't going to factor into this game. Indy is playing with a purpose and Jags aren't. Jags could win, but they lack the right team and situation/motivation that Indy has now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”