LSG Character Poll 2020

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

LSG Character Poll 2020

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Welcome to the 2020 Character Poll!

Here, you will rank characters from this year's games on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of
character arc
memorability
, and
overall entertainment factor
. You are encouraged to leave any characters blank if you are unfamiliar with them, or you played in the game but never interacted with them.

I repeat, since a lot of people missed this on the last one and thought you had to leave a rating for every character on the questionaire:

You can leave any question on any form blank and you will still be able to submit!

A 1 on the scale means an actively terrible character or one that lacks any presence at all, while a 10 represents a classic, unforgettable character. If you give out 1s and 10s to over half the available characters, your submission will be thrown out since it's pretty unreasonable that there's no middle ground of characters. Additionally,
a person's ranking for their own character will not be counted
(I'd love it if you'd leave your own characters blank, since it saves me a bit of effort, but it will still be manually removed if you do put a number in there).

This one will be periodically updated throughout the year as games conclude. New posts will be made whenever a game's poll is ready, and all of the currently available polls will be listed in this first post throughout the year.

Important change from last year - if you would prefer your character not to be included in the LSG Character Poll, you can message me about it and they will be removed from the questionnaire and the results.

Results will be released at the end of 2020. You can discuss your ratings but please don't kill any of the mystery :)
Last edited by CaptainMeme on Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

...and we open the poll with the first Anon game of the year, Hybrid: Hunger Games!

To reiterate what I said in the opening post, if a character is missing, that's not a mistake - it's because the player has requested we exclude that character. Please don't message me asking about it :D
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:36 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

And our next game is now open for voting!

Please remember, you don't have to enter a score for every player!
and please don't vote on yourself, it means we have to do a little bit more work and I don't like more work
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

5 days left - get your votes in!
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 2: An Uprising

After the debacle on losing some of the tributes before they even got on the train, Caesar seems to look back at the camera and give a reassuring smile. “Yes yes, folks, quite the predicament we found ourselves in. But never fear, the Capitol has sorted everything out. We now have them back on the train and back on schedule!” He holds up his hands and grins as the crowd cheers. It seems he has helped restore faith that the games are back on schedule.

“Wonderful, splendid.” Effie says as she claps a bit before sitting down. “Well, my dearest friend, maybe we should talk to the crowd a bit about the candidates this year? They were finally all reaped after all.” She suggests with a knowing nod.

“That does seem to be something we should do. But first, I’d like to talk about you, if you don’t mind?” Flickerman turns to her and looks at her. “An exclusive interview, you might say.”

“Oh, well that just sounds lovely.” Trinket replies. “What did you have in mind?”

“For starters, let’s talk a bit about your childhood. Something that you’ve kept well hidden from the public all these years?” Flickerman raises an eyebrow and chuckles.

“Oh heavens, that just won’t do. A lady doesn’t just open up all of her secrets for the world to know.” Trinket says before pursing her lips. “I could very well just turn this whole thing back on you. It’s not like you have any written works about growing up in the Capitol.”

Flickerman blinks and then laughs. “Why yes, I do believe you are correct. Maybe it’s best if we don’t go into either of our backgrounds. Sounds like we are just a bit too private for that.” He says. “Though I do hear you have eyes for a certain Captain Meme Malkon?”

Trinket wrinkles her nose. “I’m sorry Flickerman, but you know very well I won’t stand for this slander. That’s who you are pursuing!” She says pointing an accusatory finger at him.

“Ah, yes well…” Flickerman looks around clearly not having expected the tables to be turned on him. “Nevermind any of that, how about we go back to the tributes then?”

“Yes, let’s.” Trinket replies looking like her frilly garments have been ruffled.

“In any case folks, it appears that...oh my, a bit of an uprising is occurring in District 8. The tributes from the districts prior have met a blockade, and it appears some of the tributes are being used as sacrifices to help remove the blockade. Oh no it’s quite the bloodbath!” Flickerman says looking at the screen.

The entire crowd is a bit perplexed on how to respond given the sudden, dynamic change in tone from the hosts. But they let out a hesitant gasp as if being cued by some mysterious teleprompter.

“Oh, those poor dearies. I wish I could show them all of the comfort of the Capitol myself, but it appears some of them just weren’t able to have that pleasure. Let us mourn those who fell to remove the barricade from those insurgent rebels!” Trinket declares as those in the audience chimes in with some cheers, starting to move on from the weird rant earlier.

Spoiler: #71-#62

Chan Ka-kui

Survivor: PD (19/21)

Score: 2.833
StDev: 1.467

Coco Pommel (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (18/23)

Score: 3.111
StDev: 0.928

nice

Karson

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (21/21)

Score: 3.143
StDev: 1.292

Ventriloquist

Survivor: Flash Mob (13/16)

Score: 3.333
StDev: 1.414

Chio

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (20/21)

Score: 3.688
StDev: 2.301

Hannah Wells

Survivor: PD (18/21)

Score: 3.700
StDev: 1.494

Roscoe

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (19/21)

Score: 4.118
StDev: 2.497

Vincent Vega

Survivor: Flash Mob (12/16)

Score: 4.143
StDev: 2.035

Officer Jenny

Survivor: PD (17/21)

Score: 4.222
StDev: 2.167

Meyer Lansky

Survivor: Flash Mob (11/16)

Score: 4.625
StDev: 1.685
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 4: Cart Battle Royale

After the on stage bloodbath, the remaining contestants leave, clearly visibly shaken by everything. The crowd, however, is eating this up. The excitement that at any point any number of these contestants can leave appears to be a big crowd pleaser.

“Wasn’t that just thrilling, folks?” Flickerman chuckles and waves. “Wow I still feel my heart beating at the rush of that lever pull. Exciting stuff.” He says to the crowd who generally seems to agree with his sentiments. “The tributes are now going to enjoy the rest of the night off, and tomorrow they are going to finish their introductions to the capitol with a flashy parade, which is a Hunger Games tradition!” He waved to the crowd. “Thank you all for joining tonight and I hope you’ve had a marvelous time.”

The next day, the tributes are put onto carts in the parade. They have on gaudy makeup and costumes to represent their districts. Because there are more than double the amount of tributes, a number of carts line the streets. It is quite the spectacle.

“Oh this is exquisite. This might be the best parade ever.” Trinket says as she takes her seat in the commentator booth that will soon project to the whole world. “It will be a spectacle for the ages.”

“Mmmm yes.” Flickerman says as he sits down and faces the camera. “Let’s save that enthusiasm for the audience though.”

Trinket seems a little put off, but doesn’t question it as she too faces the camera. Soon screens all across the capitol are seeing both of their hosts' faces.

“Welcome to all of Panem, to the gloriousness that is the Capitol Tribute Parade.” Trinket smiles through her lipstick. “We have quite the show for you today as all of our tributes are here to bring a bit of your districts to us and show off their pride for their home district.” She claps and looks to Flickerman.

“Yes indeed ladies and gentlemen. It is likely going to be a parade for the history books! Let’s look at them as they begin to enter on their chariots!” He points to a screen that lights up as the first few tributes are wheeled out on chariots, as promised. The horse drawn buggies look like something out of ancient Rome.

“Just breathtaking.” Trinket says as she looks at a particularly well dressed female. “This is truly as sight to be hold as-” She stops talking and her lips immediately form a look of distaste.

“Oh.” Flickerman says, joining her in a somber look. “Oh dear. It appears that some of the tributes are a little eager to get started on these games. They appear to have taken control of the chariots and are racing against their other competitors. This is quite unexpected.” He says and then his face lights up and he grins. “It’s time for a Cart Battle Royale!” He says.

Trinket looks astonished and horrified.

“Yes folks, these tributes are now turning this parade into a race and most assuredly some of them are going to crash! OOOOH There’s one now. Yikes, I don’t think he’ll be getting up from that.” Flickerman chuckles as Trinket just looks on utterly baffled on what to say or do.

Spoiler: #52-#45
=#52

Royal White Horse

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (14/21)

Score: 5.444
StDev: 1.653

Prince Sidon

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (13/21)

Score: 5.500
StDev: 3.521 (!)

=#49

Shady Shin

Survivor: Flash Mob (7/16)

Score: 5.556
StDev: 2.297

=#49

Gilly (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (16/23)

Score: 5.556
StDev: 2.186

Beetlejuice (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (15/23)

Score: 5.600
StDev: 1.350

Crystal

Survivor: Flash Mob (6/16)

Score: 5.727
StDev: 1.902

Kate Macer

Survivor: PD (15/21)

Score: 5.750
StDev: 2.179

Paulie Walnuts

Survivor: Flash Mob (5/16)

Score: 5.778
StDev: 1.641
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:52 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 6: The Tribute Feast

Only 37 tributes remain. 81 were reaped at the beginning, but nearly 45 have been eliminated before the actual games have even started. As Trinket ponders this, she has to get ready for the next session. Flickerman has informed her that this is another President Snow sponsored event, likely meaning that more will die today. She knows from the last few rounds she has to steel herself. This is the job she signed up for and it is a price one pays to live in the capitol, to watch these children from their districts fight each other to the death, as penance for the wars that lead to the current state of affairs.

This is the price of living.

She pampers her nose a bit with powder before finally getting up and going to join Flickerman in the area where they are to be set up, and takes a deep breath before entering the giant banquet hall. A tribute feast, so to speak.

“Hello, esteemed colleague. I presume sleep found you well?” She says as she walks over and shakes his extended hand. A smile is on her face.

“Why yes, Ms. Trinket, slept sound. Just was putting the finishing touches on our festivities for the evening, glad you are here in one piece. Are you doing well?” He asks as he leans in a bit.

“Oh, yes, thank you for the concern.” She says. “I’m just fine. Been a bit under the weather but woke up feeling chipper and ready to continue on with our most esteemed games. What is on the agenda for today? You mentioned that President Snow had a surprise in store for our tributes?” She raises an eyebrow.

“Oh yes, yes, that.” Flickerman nods. “Well you see-” And he goes on to explain.

Were Trinket seeing this particular event play out live like the last few, she figures she would be caught off guard again. But knowing it is coming helps put her at ease a bit and once Flickerman is done explaining, she takes a deep breath and nods.

“That’s...very inventive.” She says and then looks around. “It seems we have some work to do to get ready for it then, shall we?” She gestures as the two begin carrying out the next event.

About 4 hours later, the hall is almost unrecognizable, some of the high society of the capitol is in attendance as a number of citizens have lined the tables in the room. The camera crew begins rolling as the tributes come in one at a time to the center table. Once they are seated, Flickerman taps a glass with a knife.

“President Snow wanted me to give you all the warmest of welcomes. You have done well to get to this point, and you only have a few days left until the biggest fight of your life commences, but we wanted to extend some of the hospitality of the capitol to you...with a feast!” He grins. Everyone claps, except the tributes who look pretty crestfallen at the moment...with the exception of those from Districts 1 through 4, otherwise known as the careers, they seem pretty upbeat about everything.

“So without further ado,” Trinket says and holds up a glass of wine. “Please, help yourselves. If you feel the need to throw up from the amount of food you eat, we have a pill to help you expunge that issue. So please, dine as if you were all capitol citizens today.” She says and takes a drink.

As the tributes hesitantly begin eating food, more is brought out and set in front of them. Soon, people are eating and drinking, and you would almost think that a grisly fate is not about to await the tributes in a few days.

About 20 minutes into the feast, one of the tributes suddenly stops and begins to turn blue in the face as she convulses and then falls down on the table, there are some screams before Flickerman stands up.

“Based on performances this week, some of you unfortunately are not going to get farther in this contest and Snow has personally given you food that will match his thoughts.”

Some of the onlookers are appalled and a number of the tributes look scared. But a few minutes later a few more become visibly ill before collapsing to their deaths. A few screams ring out, but then Trinket holds up a hand. This is her moment to commit to this job.

“That is all the deaths that can be expected this night. The rest of you will move onto the evaluation portion of these games for your final test before the arena. We do hope the rest of you can eat and be merry and hopefully this night won’t upset you too much.” She says and smiles.

The bodies of the deceased are carried off as the remaining tributes look at their food, not a single one daring to take another bite for the rest of the evening.

Spoiler: #37-#32

Shadow (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (12/23)

Score: 6.222
StDev: 1.716

Tetra (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (11/23)

Score: 6.375
StDev: 1.996

Detective Pikachu

Survivor: PD (11/21)

Score: 6.429
StDev: 0.756

Al Capone

Survivor: Flash Mob (4/16)

Score: 6.444
StDev: 2.351

Epona

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (10/21)

Score: 6.529
StDev: 1.940

The Robster

Survivor: Flash Mob (3/16)

Score: 6.636
StDev: 1.286
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:26 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

President Snow moves in mysterious ways
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:38 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Interlude: The Games Begin

"Places, everyone! We're live in 5.. 4.."

Flickerman gives Effie a wink as they sit together behind the studio's commentary desk.

"It's showtime."

"3.. 2.. 1.."

Flickerman puts on his signature smile just before the cameras go live.

"Hello, and welcome to the 76.9420th annual Hunger Games! I'm here with Effie Trinket, and let me tell you, these games are poised to be the greatest in the history of Panem. Let's have a quick look at our tributes from each District!"

"Any you think we should particularly have our eyes on, Effie?"

"Why yes! Obviously Districts 1 and 2 are ones to watch..."

"Ah yes," Caesar interjects, "the Careers. These tributes are trained from a young age with the sole purpose of winning the games! They're always safe bets, but you never know what could happen."

Effie continues, a little annoyed at the interruption.

"As I was saying, they are quite definitely the tributes to watch. In training, they seemed to be so in sync one might almost say they were the same person! I'd even include District 3 in that, although where they got the training in that District I have no idea."

"Well, let's turn our eyes to the Arena!"

"We've got quite the battleground for you this year," Flickerman continues, "a combination of open fields and dense forests, with a number of landmarks we've named after heroes of previous games! And of course, the traditional Cornucopia right at the center, where the tributes will start - in fact, I think I see them entering the arena now..."

CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:00 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 8: The Bloodbath

“The Cornucopia, the staple of the Hunger Games. It rests in the middle of the arena which is specifically designed with past victors in mind. One of which is actually the Game Maker for this Hunger Games. It is here, in this field, designed by this former victor, where the remaining 24 tributes will do battle.” Flickerman says as he clearly is reading from a teleprompter. “And it’s such a magnificent sight to behold. Truly awe inspiring.” He said. “It is here a victor will be crowned, in this arena, to give the world hope that one can rise above absolute turmoil such as this and take victory.”

“Quite well spoken.” Trinket claps a bit before sitting back in her chair. As the elevators containing the tributes slowly rise up she grins and claps. “It’s about to begin my fellow commentator.” She pats him on the shoulder a bit and looked at him. “Who do you think will stay and who do you think will make a run for it?”

“Well, that’s difficult to say. Usually the careers are the ones who are looking to strike the first blows, so we may see several of them go for that part of the arena. The others will likely scatter until they find one of the many features we have previously outlined.” He says pointing to a map that only shows up on the screen and points out the various features. “Quite impressive really, it should be-”

“And they’re off!” Trinket squeals with delight as she interrupts Flickerman.

“It appears that River Song of District 6 is quite remarkably fast!” She says and shows the audience. “Look at how she raced right for the canteen of water on the edge there and then backed off? That shows she’s looking to go for the long haul in this. I’d keep my eye on her, she seems smart.”

“Meanwhile, it appears a pair of tributes from Districts 2 and 4 are entangled in a brawl. It’s a real match folks, Bill versus Fenrir! Who will come out on top?” Flickerman states from the other screen. “It appears Bill has found a hatchet, while Fenrir is relying on his almost werewolf-like strength to try and overpower the guy. And ooooooh!”

Trinket gasps.

“It appears Bill has used Fenrir’s own weight against him! The tribute from District 4 is staggering back and off balance. And woah!” Flickerman’s eyes widen. “The hatchet sure is effective. Insane the amount of power a simple move like that can have when used with the elements. Quite impressive I’d say.”

“It appears now, the bloodbath is taking its name seriously.” Trinket notes. Although a good portion of tributes have split off into the forests of the arena, it appears a crew of four is going through and picking off those who have stayed. One by one, the tributes fall to the carnage and when the brawl ends, Flickerman raises an eyebrow.

“Well now, this is interesting folks.” He says. “It appears that Districts 11 and 12 have decided to team up. A good number of the other tributes escaped with some equipment, but all four of the tributes we’d normally think of as the underdogs have laid utter waste to those who remained!” He shakes his head. “Unbelievable, I don’t know if we’ve ever seen this before. They even took down a Career in that initial scuffle! It’s just...wild folks. At least 6 tributes are dead, and we seem to be getting the reports in now.” Flickerman says as he presses a button and those fallen in the initial bloodbath appear on the screen.

Spoiler: #24-#19

Lennie Briscoe

Survivor: PD (9/21)

Score: 6.846
StDev: 1.519

Shuichi Saihara (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (7/23)

Score: 6.889
StDev: 1.764

Fenrir (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (6/23)

Score: 7.000
StDev: 1.323

Ulysses (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (5/23)

Score: 7.100
StDev: 1.853

Susan (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (4/23)

Score: 7.111
StDev: 2.088

Mipha

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (7/21)

Score: 7.118
StDev: 1.576
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 10: Wait… Another Sponsor?!

“After that whole crazy cave incident, it appears our contestants have calmed down a bit. A number of them actively avoiding conflict by hiding or trying to gather food quietly. It’s been almost 4 days since this game began and although we have lost a number of tributes, the ones who are left are very very scrappy.” Flickerman says, trying to fill the air time as nothing has happened in the last day or so. A couple close incidents, but nothing exciting. He wonders if and when the Game Maker is planning on doing anything super interesting or if this snooze fest is going to continue. There’s only so many times he knows he’s going to be able to sit through an entire day of barely any conflict.

“It does rather seem that the final 12 are biding their time, so to speak.” Trinket says with the same bored-ish look on her face. The sentiments hold true for most people watching the games. People are mostly ready for events to happen and things to go down so they can move on with their lives rather than just wait forever.

“Is there, anything of note?” Trinket says as she looks through the various video feeds and scrolls through them.

“Oh, wait!” Flickerman says as he looks at a screen. “I think something is actually happening over at Cave of Regigigas finally!” He proclaims as the screen zooms in. Although at first, it doesn’t look like much is happening, viewers can see Hercule finishing gathering some supplies before heading south.

It takes a couple more minutes, but the previous trio that had worked together at the cornucopia arrive, with Oaki, Rust & Grouch. As they arrive, it appears they are scouting the area for loot and gathering.

Rust & Grouch seem to be inspecting the body of Zod when all of a sudden, Grouch slumps to the ground, a small wooden stick sticking out of the back of his head. Rust immediately leaps to his feet as Oaki and him face off.

There is nothing to prompt this particular backstab, unless people were paying attention and seeing that Oaki saw Hercule’s footprints walking south. It appears the little woodland critter is a calculating killer and is going for 3 kills, 2 now, and then likely going to head south after Hercule.

“That was so surprising! I really thought these three were going to get along a lot more.” Trinket says as she has her eyes glued to the screen. “But if anything Oaki clearly shows he’s a bit of a wildcard and definitely isn’t afraid to make things exciting!” She claps her hands and watches more.

Oaki pulls out another really sharp stick while Rust grabs the stick that was used to kill Grouch. They both run at each other, essentially having a stick off. There are many wooden clanks and the two exchange heated intense moves, clearly learned from the training arena. Although it seems like Rust has the early edge, Oaki uses his environment really well to his surroundings.

“It’s getting more heated folks as the two seem to be running out of stamina!” Flickerman exclaims and then watches them take a few steps back. “Looks like this is it!”

As Flickerman gets excited, Rust appears to take a running leap at Oaki, who seems flustered for some reason. As Rust is about to land, Oaki suddenly makes a quick motion and the knife Zod had previously is shown gouging into Rust who falls right on top of it. The light leaves Rust’s eyes as Oaki waddles out from under him and goes “yahahaha!”

He then grabs the knife, finds Hercule’s tracks, and begins to follow them south.

“That was riveting!” Trinket exclaims with glee and is about to continue commenting when suddenly there’s an alert on the other screen. “Oh what’s this? It appears Urbosa and Jake have met at the Blair Tree and had a bit of a tussle!” She says as the screen comes up.

Urbosa is clearly more physical than Jake who seems worn out when his face appears. Plus Urbosa seems to be pulling sponsors out of thin air. Apparently, she is a heavy favorite to win this hunger games. She uses her sponsors well and Jake finally takes an injury to the side. He winces and then begins to sprint to the south. Urbosa cackles and then follows, although it appears they are pretty evenly matched in speed, in spite of Jake’s injury. As they run off, River Song’s head peers out from the top of the tree having watched the battle. She slowly jumps down and scampers off undetected.

“Wow! Urbosa is so strong. It’s incredible to watch the sheer power she possesses. Also River Song made a very strategic play not to engage in this battle. Will Jake be able to keep up this intense pace? I think-” He pauses and looks to another screen. “What’s this? I think we are going to have a clash folks!”

The screen shifts to see three tributes, Master Kohga, Judy and Ted who leave Gallagher’s shack. Although Judy and Ted apparently working together, having gathered supplies from the building as they head north, Master Kohga seems to have been stalking them, waiting for a moment to take them down. Based on the path trajectory, they are going to run smack dab into Jake and Urbosa who are running at full speed.

“Here we go!” Trinket says as she braces for this.

In a small clearing in between the Shack and the Tree, Jake runs out of the bushes, his side still bleeding as he looks around for a way out. He starts heading in the direction of the cornucopia as both Judy and Ted appear. He holds up his one hand as they immediately draw their weapons and shouts “SHE’S COMING” at them.

They look confused until the hulking form of Urbosa appears from behind the bushes. In the confusion, Jake takes the moment and scampers off into the forested area, still bleeding profusely.

Judy and Ted look at each other and then point their weapons at Urbosa, looking like they will take her on two to one. Urbosa seems irritated because it means Jake will get away, but as she cracks her neck she faces the other two pulling out yet another sponsor that the camera’s didn’t catch. A giant dagger that looks as long as her arm. She grins.

The three rush at each other and there is an all out brawl, items thrown, blades clashing, some dextrous saves. Ultimately though, Urbosa gets a hit on Ted who staggers back and in that moment Judy tries to go for a cheap shot, which Urbosa somehow predicts with another sponsor giving her super lightning fast reflexes and with a correct jab, fells Judy in one swoop as her body is sliced in two.

Urbosa then walks forward and Ted falls back holding his head up. Urbosa grins and then takes the blade and rams it through his head.

In the blink of an eye, Urbosa takes the blade and then thrusts it behind her into Master Kohga who apparently was waiting in the shadows for the other two to wear her down. Unfortunately, Urbosa and her multitude of sponsors just prove to be too much for him as he slides off her blade.

3 bodies lay in the field as the camera pans to Urbosa who puts her blade away, flexes a bit, grins to the camera and then looks around for Jake’s blood trail before continuing the pursuit. It does appear she is a little winded from the fight though as Jake has a huge head start and she is having to catch her breath and retain her stamina.

“Just incredible.” Trinket looks in awe. “What an incredible display of raw power, she could very well win this whole thing.” She looks to Flickerman who nods and agrees.

“Very impressive.” He says. The canons then fire for the fallen.

Spoiler: #12-#8

Master Kohga

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (3/21)

Score: 7.529
StDev: 1.419

Rust Cohle

Survivor: PD (6/21)

Score: 7.615
StDev: 1.044

Grouch Cop

Survivor: PD (5/21)

Score: 7.769
StDev: 1.301

Judy Hopps

Survivor: PD (4/21)

Score: 7.786
StDev: 1.847

Ted Cruz (HHG)

Hybrid: Hunger Games (2/23)

Score: 8.000
StDev: 1.491
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #73 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:51 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 12: Atop The Cornucopia

“This is it folks, just three tributes left! Who knows what the Game Maker is going to do to make this more interesting!” Flickerman says as he looks.

Oaki and Hercule are on one side of the map, while River Song is on the other. On paper it looks like the two sides won’t interact and that Oaki and Hercule will eventually have to turn on each other.

“Oh, speaking of which, it looks like something interesting is happening!” Trinket exclaims as the camera goes to River Song. She is standing over the fallen body of Jake whom she avenged. All of a sudden, the camera begins to shake a bit as she looks around, and suddenly water begins to form all around her from the ground. She quickly looks around and the camera shows that all major land masses have vanished aside from the cornucopia.

She begins to make a sprint for it as the water slowly rises up to her ankles. As she sprints she sees another figure in the distance approaching from the opposite side, but as the water has now begun to rise above her knee caps she doesn’t have time to worry about it. She arrives at the cornucopia just as it reaches her waist, the camera watching the whole time as she makes a leap for an indentation in the side, using it to pull herself up and slowly she ascends to the top.

“It appears the Game Maker has removed the rest of the arena and is forcing the contestants to both meet atop the cornucopia this year! A very iconic place to end the Games!” Flickerman says with a cheer. “The final three have survived all elements thrown at them, and it all comes down to one final duel. Which of our three contenders will come out on top? Will it be River Song, who took out probably one of the strongest competitors to win and has been very strategic about her choices in the game thus far? Oaki who has the highest kill count of the three? Or will it be Hercule Poirot who has apparently the favor of the Game Maker on his side? It’s going to be one for the history books, that’s for sure!”

The camera goes back to seeing Oaki and Hercule finish scaling the cornucopia on the other side of River Song. She already has her bow drawn.

“Looks like River Song is making quick work of this. Will she be able to take out both opponents at once though?” Trinket asks as she looks in anticipation.

“It iz, how you say, futile to rezist, non?” Hercule says while twirling his moustache. “You cannot ‘ope to win thees battle, mon cheri!” He takes out a rapier he picked up along the way. “En garde!” He gets in a fighting pose.

In the blink of an eye River Song fires an arrow that whizzes past Hercule and with a grunt and thud he looks behind to see Oaki skewered into the side of the cornucopia.

“You’re welcome.” River Song puts her bow down and holds up her hands. “He was trying something sneaky and was going to gouge your neck with a sharp stick.”

Hercule looks white in the face and puts down his weapon. “Well, er, thanks Mlle Song. But we still have to do ze battle, non?” He raises an eyebrow.

“I have a solution. I’m kinda tired of them always having a winner and forcing the final two to fight each other.” She smiles and walks up holding out a small satchel. Nightlock. Anyone who went to training would know consuming these would cause almost instant death. “How about we don’t give them a winner this year?” She raises an eyebrow back.

“Very very interesting idea, it iz quite incroyable that you would chooze to do zis with moi!” Hercule says as he walks up. “Okay, why not?” He holds out his hands.

She pours some into his and then nods. “Okay 3...2...1…” She puts the berries to her mouth at the same time as Hercule.

“STOP!”

Both of the finalists look at each other and then look up as they both dive back.

The clouds part as a figure swoops in from the sky with a blade that looks three times as long as his own body. Clad in black and silver, the man stabs the Cornucopia, splitting a crack down the middle that nearly breaks it in half, the two sides swerve a bit in the raging waters below before finally stabilizing a bit.

River Song and Hercule each look at their perspective platforms as they look up to see the one...the only…

“...President...Snowiroth?” Flickerman asks as he watches the screen. “Uhhh this...is…”

Trinket’s jaw is dropped so large she doesn’t have words. Neither commentator know...how to comment on the bizarre spectacle they see in front of them.

“No one dares defy the capitol or deny the people a winner! So if you won’t do it...THEN I WILL!” Snowiroth grins and then races at Hercule. The Belgian barely has time to draw his blade when the sword collides. It seems to be held off a moment before slicing through the rapier in half.

Just as Snowiroth is about to deliver the final blow, an arrow hits his shoulder. He grimaces and looks over to see River Song, bow drawn, ready for a battle.

He leaps in the air towards her platform, blade drawn as she fires a few more arrows, knocking him off balance, and then rolling out of the way as he lands on the platform, less than gracefully. She immediately fires two more arrows before ducking as he swings his blade.

She is a force, seemingly ready for any attack he throws at her. Dodging and firing arrows seems to work for a while, until Snowiroth manages to finally slice her arm. She grunts and rolls to the side. Her bow falls into the murky waters below.

Snowiroth grins and walks up to her as she tries to push herself back to her feet, but her injured arm causing her too much pain. She winces and looks up at him as the blade is pointed to her face.

“I think it’s time to end it, wouldn’t you say Miss Song?” He chuckles and then brings the blade back. River song turns away, wincing, but instead of an impact all she hears is a grunt from the President of panem.

She looks up to see Hercule having jabbed the stick that was supposed to kill him from oaki into Snowiroth’s head and he looks like he is in agony. He drops the sword.

Hercule then walks over, picking up the sword, barely and shoves it into the President’s back.

“I owe you, do I not?” He asks River Song with a grin as he backs off of the dead body in the middle of the floating cornucopia.

“I...suppose you do.” River Song nods, allowing Hercule to pick her up. She winces, this victory would not have come without the brave efforts for Monsieur Hercule Poirot.

She then stands as a camera flies in on a drone and grabs Hercule’s hand. “Panem, I present to you...the winner of the 76.128595u9895895th games…”

Spoiler: #3-#1

Oaki

Survivor: Power vs Courage vs Wisdom (1/21)

Score: 8.882
StDev: 1.495

River Song

Hybrid: Hunger Games (1/23)

Score: 9.300
StDev: 0.823

Hercule Poirot

Survivor: PD (1/21)

Score: 9.308
StDev: 1.182

“...Can...she do that?” Flickerman looks to Effie.

“I mean...he did technically just kill the president of Panem…” Trinket shrugs. “Why not.” She says and then slowly claps as everyone else claps as well. For the first time in...well...some point above 76 years, Panem can finally know peace under the rule of a non dictator.

And before the final credits roll, we are taken to the Game Maker’s chair, where atop the throne, Dr Kawazu Flim Gallagher breaks the fourth wall looking at the audience, and says for the last time, “Kawazu Kawazu Kawazu Kilimanjaro Kilimanjaro Kilimanjaro Guadalajara Guadalajara Guadalajara Ravioli Ravioli Give Me The Formuoli Kawazu Kawazu Kawazu Chiaotsu Chiaotsu Chiaotsu (R.I.P.) (R.I.P.) (R.I.P.) Kawazu Kawazu Kawazu Android Android Android (16) Android Android Android (18) What happens to 17? What happens to 17? What happens to 17? Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Kawazu Kawazu Kawazu Faced Faced Faced He's A Professor Of Being A Dog He's A Professor Of Being A Dog He's A Professor Of Being A Dog”.

And to you, the audience, we express our gratitude for tuning in every year, experiencing a victory well earned and seeing a record that was meant to stand the tests of time finally broken.

Until next year, this is Malkon and Meme, signing off saying for the final time…

Spoiler: Spoiler
CONGRATULATIONS HERCULE POIROT ON YOUR MOMENTUS WIN. BON TRAVAIL!!!

ALSO A HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS TO RIVER SONG WHO ALSO BROKE THAT RECORD ALONGSIDE HERCULE. GOOD SHOW!

THE NEW KING AND QUEEN OF THE COTY HAVE BEEN CROWNED. WILL YOU BE NEXT? FIND OUT IN 2021 WHEN WE RETURN <3
Last edited by CaptainMeme on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”