Micro 986 - The Coalition: PIFoMP [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:08 am

Post by dostin »

In post 70, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:
In post 52, Mystic Bear wrote:StayC if you bully Norwee into crying and admitting he is scum I will give you a lifeboat slot if it doesnt look like blatant scum-theater.

I hear he is hiding somewhere in a Fjord.
Trust me its not scum theatre the chances of both of us being scum at the same time is very low
Why do you think you have low chances of being mafia with Norwegianboy? Also hi everyone I'm dostin!
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:10 am

Post by dostin »

In post 74, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Mystic Bear
Your coalition sucks and i dislike your playstyle too. And your early push/shade combo on me is either very bad and artogant attempt at sorting me or just scum.
You gave a lot of reasons for voting for Mystic Bear but the only thing that you said that is a good reason to vote for somebody is that they are scum but it's the last reason you said and the rest sounds like you are assuming they are actually town.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:19 am

Post by dostin »

In post 82, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 77, Mystic Bear wrote:bad play isnt scumplay Norwegian-san
Bad playstyle isnt scum playstyle either
But at least you admit you’re bad.
You look very emotional for so early into the game, do you really think people will vote you out instead of trying to get a coalition?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 am

Post by dostin »

In post 86, bugspray wrote:I have made a visual representation on why you should shut the fuck up, accurate up to
What's the point?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:22 am

Post by dostin »

In post 95, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don’t care if i’m eliminated because of bad play by others. Go ahead, vote me.
Better prepare for the worst case scenario though, as unfortunately. I’m not scum because i’m "ghosting" or "defensive" or whatever BS justification behind the push.
Are you saying people should find better reasons to call you mafia because that is a weird angle if you are not mafia you should know that all reasons will be wrong no matter what.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:22 am

Post by dostin »

In post 97, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This isn’t the first time Pooky sees through an abysmal wagon on me. And he was scum that time too. But yes, apparently he believes he’s caught me as scum here.
What an sad, pathetic joke. He’s definitely scum. Turbo eliminate the slot after their shitty page 1 suggested townblock fails and i flip town.
Why are you so worried by things that people are saying as a joke at the very first page of the game?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:24 am

Post by dostin »

In post 110, Mystic Bear wrote:
In post 81, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Pooky is a small brain that calls any reaction at all defensive.
I don’t thunk he’s ever correctly identified anyone as scum in any game i’ve played with him.
HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA YOU MEAN LIKE THAT TIME I INDENTIFIED YOU AS SCUM ON YOUR FIRST POST !!?!?!

What made you think he was scum in the time that you're talking about?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 am

Post by dostin »

In post 122, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Like is it that hard to just not act like an raging drunk and just actually explain in an nice calm way why i’m suspected in a way i can argue rather than spamming memes and creating a whole circus.
I cannot tell how seriously you are taking Mystic Bear's posting at the very start of the game?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 am

Post by dostin »

In post 127, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Are you scum trying to charisma an townblock that’s got scum in it? There’s no way to know if you are town and should be trusted because you just angrily retort to anyone that questions you.
I think you are the only person being angry so far this game even a little bit.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:29 am

Post by dostin »

In post 128, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You two put yourself on the position as a leader even though i see no reason to trust you. Especially when i’m called lockscum for no reason when i had not even caught up to the game or even posted before you started shading me.
Why are you taking it so seriously then if you don't trust them? Do you have the impression that everyone else is going to suddenly trust their joke townblock for no reason? Did you think people would believe reasons for you being mafia before you even posted once? I think the only people who would ever react that way are mafia scared of getting caught and thinking everyone is already onto them from paranoia.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:31 am

Post by dostin »

In post 149, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 146, Mystic Bear wrote:
In post 143, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Yeah let’s just trust this magical 5 picks you came up with apparently in the hydra PT in first pages because apparently Dkkoba is just that awesome that they don’t even need to look at posts from the players to know who the scum are.
Are you really being serious? They posted that list before anyone posted yet.
Koba killed a small goat for this
Yeah great list, in fact i townread exactly zero of those you proposed. Null at best.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 197, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's a no brainer that suggesting and pushing a solve based on nothing is a bad idea, and i think if they are town they would have realized that.
So then why would scum not notice that if it's a no-brainer? Surely you don't think all town players are smart and all scum players are dumb but that is exactly what it looks like you are saying here.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 371, Scooby Dooby Doo wrote:dostin spamming too many useless questions.playstyle? WE'LL SEE
I don't think that is very fair to say but of course if Norwegianboy picks and chooses which ones to answer (I will say that some of them are rhetorical) and just dismisses the rest as "fake" then they are not doing as much as they could. It is probably useful though to look at what people choose to answer and what they choose to ignore.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by dostin »

HEAL: dostin
HEAL: Mystic Bear
HEAL: Vanderscamp
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by dostin »

VOTE: Norwegianboy
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 388, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 378, dostin wrote:
In post 371, Scooby Dooby Doo wrote:dostin spamming too many useless questions.playstyle? WE'LL SEE
I don't think that is very fair to say but of course if Norwegianboy picks and chooses which ones to answer (I will say that some of them are rhetorical) and just dismisses the rest as "fake" then they are not doing as much as they could. It is probably useful though to look at what people choose to answer and what they choose to ignore.
Look at this awful reply.
"Yeah i’m pretty scummy huys, but look at Norwegianboy!!"
How in the world did you interpret this from that post? If you're confused about the word rhetorical it means I didn't want or expect an answer to that question its purpose like with many of my posts quoting you is to show why I think you are scum because more and more posts enforce my thinking that you are playing under pressure this game. I didn't say anywhere that I think I am being "pretty scummy". Do not try to put words in my mouth.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 389, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 377, dostin wrote:
In post 197, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's a no brainer that suggesting and pushing a solve based on nothing is a bad idea, and i think if they are town they would have realized that.
So then why would scum not notice that if it's a no-brainer? Surely you don't think all town players are smart and all scum players are dumb but that is exactly what it looks like you are saying here.
What’s the point of this question? Fake fake fake.
Like I just said, I think this is a scummy post because it's inconsistent and I am pointing out that inconsistency with a rhetorical question. Unless you actually have an answer to explain the inconsistency, which I don't think you do which is why I think this is another reason to believe you are scum.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 390, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:
In post 92, Scooby Dooby Doo wrote:I think the optimal strategy here is to include me in the coalition as I am town, and this would mean we only need 4 other towns in it to win

HEAL: Scooby Dooby Doo
Ok I believe in you
HEAL: Scooby Dooby Doo

I'll post again when I have a read
You are very quick to trust lots of people in a game where most of us don't know for sure who are the bad guys, especially if you are saying you don't have any reads.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 394, Mystic Bear wrote:norwee if ur town maybe u should lay out ur thought process cause rn all ur doing is obfuscating ur read process and movement via anger which can be easily faked regardless. The obfuscation when being prompted to provide more logic/a thought process/current thoughts is scummy.

Meanwhile u have players like scooby and tris who come off a sloose and are posting their honest thoughts.
If u wanna win with town u need to be cooperative in a townhunting stage of the game.
I was thinking along these lines and thinking that for town, the main motivation on everyone's mind right from the start of the game is going to be to make it as obvious as possible that they are town. Norwegianboy came into the game at the very start already defensive (in a part of the game where there is no risk for town to be miseliminated, so they have more important things to worry about like finding the right coalition and making it easy for other townies to find them), angry, and non-cooperative, which I think betrays a not-town mindset.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 406, bugspray wrote:how does anyone tr mystic bear
Why don't you explain why you think they are mafia instead of putting suspicion on them and everyone townreading them and then leaving without saying anything else?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 413, tris wrote:
In post 389, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 377, dostin wrote:
What’s the point of this question? Fake fake fake.
uh, i fail to see what's so wrong with the question. how about you answer it?
I agree, if he had an answer it would maybe not be anything important but since he doesn't he has to discredit me like he does with most of my questions the call him out on scummy behaviour.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by dostin »

I just looked and he ignored your call to answer it twice as well as ignoring me on the first time.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 450, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I care very little about appeasing you Bear. Get over yourself, your not super duper town.
I find it very hard to make myself believe that this is a post made by someone who thinks Mystic Bear is mafia, or even who isn't positive that they are town because they are not your mafia partner.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 466, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:
In post 463, Mystic Bear wrote:you know what? Put a majority vote on us.

Vote our coalition through.
We're confident enough that ours is correct that it will end the game. If we're somehow wrong we just get autolimmed as soon as the coalition hammers

VOTE: mystic bear
try us
omg the balls
VOTE: Mystic Bear
is this coaliton your final coalition? if yes I will follow you
Why would you vote for them if you believe that they are town and also correct or at least mostly correct about their reads so not just town but very useful town?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 499, tris wrote:i don't like how dostin focuses almost entirely on norwegian to the point that the only indication of any other read is the healing.
I think Norwegianboy is standing out very much as mafia and nobody else really is. I don't really have explanations for why I think Mystic Bear and Vanderscamp are town but their posts seem very genuine like they are all ready to solve the game and like I said before make it clear to everyone else what they are doing and thinking, which is what townies should be doing in the first stage of the game naturally with a town mindset and an understanding of how the setup works.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 531, tris wrote:i'd just prefer it if dostin isn't in the coalition
I know I am town so I don't think I will ever take myself out of my votes, sorry.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 567, dostin wrote:
In post 499, tris wrote:i don't like how dostin focuses almost entirely on norwegian to the point that the only indication of any other read is the healing.
I think Norwegianboy is standing out very much as mafia and nobody else really is. I don't really have explanations for why I think Mystic Bear and Vanderscamp are town but their posts seem very genuine like they are all ready to solve the game and like I said before make it clear to everyone else what they are doing and thinking, which is what townies should be doing in the first stage of the game naturally with a town mindset and an understanding of how the setup works.
Norwegianboy goes out of his way to hide what he is thinking, which I don't think someone with a town way of thinking would ever want to play the first part of this game.
In post 346, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 344, Mystic Bear wrote:lockscum
In fact, i'm going to actively go out of my way to not post any reads list this game just because you keep asking for it.
You should know what my reads are. I've said my town/scumreads often.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 570, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:
In post 566, dostin wrote:
In post 466, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:
In post 463, Mystic Bear wrote:you know what? Put a majority vote on us.

Vote our coalition through.
We're confident enough that ours is correct that it will end the game. If we're somehow wrong we just get autolimmed as soon as the coalition hammers

VOTE: mystic bear
try us
omg the balls
VOTE: Mystic Bear
is this coaliton your final coalition? if yes I will follow you
Why would you vote for them if you believe that they are town and also correct or at least mostly correct about their reads so not just town but very useful town?
they asked for votes and they get it
if only mystic bear votes for themselves its just empty confidence and not fun
In post 571, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:It's like saying "I will stop playing mafia if this person isn't mafia" and that person not being mafia then first person who said that keeping to play mafia and no one else not saying anything about it.
If you're gonna play like that you really need something on the stakes
That doesn't make any sense. If you think they are town you should not be voting for them.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 575, Farren wrote:
In post 567, dostin wrote:
What about everyone else?
STAYC has been acting strange but I haven't really noticed anything about anyone else yet.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 677, Mystic Bear wrote:i asked pooky abt it but im rolling it out for testing:

HEAL: farren
HEAL: scooby
HEAL: vander
HEAL: mystic bear
Why don't you have tris on your coalition? I would change Scooby for tris and agree with this.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by dostin »

I didn't get killed by anyone! I was just busy and didn't realize how much time went by before I posted again.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #31) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by dostin »

HEAL: trisHEAL: Farren
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by dostin »

I'm sorry I have been very busy at my job but I will catch up on this tomorrow.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #33) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:35 am

Post by dostin »

In post 920, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Dostin, when you do your next pop in.
Can you post a reads list.
I wanna know what your current thoughts on each slot are.
In post 921, NorwegianboyEE wrote:And i don't mean a tiered list. I mean an actual somewhat well written description of why you read someone as town/scum.
I will work on doing something like this now. This game has started drifting away in my mind and before the only strong feeling I had was that Norwegianboy is scum but now I am not even so sure of that. I think this might be helpful for me to reset my thoughts in this game and helpful for everyone else to see what they think of me.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (isolation #34) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:34 am

Post by dostin »

I think bugspray is SCUMMY because they have barely said a single thing about what is going on in the game except for mentioning Norwegianboy and Mystic Bear (by far the two most active posters) a bunch of times without ever really giving any kind of meaningful commentary about what is actually going on. Like they latched onto the easiest most obvious thing in the thread to latch onto but doesn't have anything to add, just changes their read on both of them back and forth. I especially do not like post because it makes me think that even when bugspray does give opinions maybe they are not even real.

I think Farren is TOWN because he started the game asking a lot of questions and actually following up on them and they seem like questions that Farren really wants an answer to in order to figure out the game. In his first few posts he asks questions that would make the first few pages he was catching up on easier to understand where scum could have just caught up and started playing without fully understanding every post. He waits for proper answers to his question like in post #, and asks more questions to be more specific when he doesn't get a satisfying answer like in post #, and seems determined to get real answers and mildly frustrated if he isn't able to get answers and piece everything together like in post # and post #. I also like the pace of when he adds people to his coalition because it feels natural along with when he gets actual strong townreads.

I think Vanderscamp is SCUMMY even though I thought they were pretty towny before but after reading all of their posts together I don't think they ever really thought Norwegianboy is scum, it looks like they just wanted everyone and Norwegianboy to think that but their progression against Norwegianboy is weird and I don't know how to really explain why but I will try. Every single time Vanderscamp says something about why Norwegainboy is scummy, in that very same post they always say something about how he might actually be town, or they make one concession and then explain their thoughts as if that concession never even happened and was just for show like in post #. That whole time even though now they said they think he is town, that whole time they never really interacted with other parts of the game that Norwegianboy was interacting with. It feels like they just wanted to have a scumread on Norwegianboy because maybe it felt right to them as mafia pretending to have real reads.

I think Mystic Bear is TOWNY because they had a lot of confidence at the very start of the game even though they were drawing lots of attention to themselves. They are often willing to completely change their coalition even when people have made a big stink about their list either complaining about it or following it so it looks like town whose reads are actually changing a lot and if they were scum I think they would try to be more strategic about changing their list because so many people trust them and will follow or at least scrutinize their lists. I also think scum would take the chance to say it was weird when Scooby copied that one post of theirs. I don't really care about them saying they will accept votes if their list is wrong I think that is pretty stupid but I don't think normally town or scum would say something like that. I do think it is a little weird that even thought I agreed with them about Norwegianboy at the whole start of the game there are a lot of things I thought was scummy that they didn't comment on, but that might have more to do with how they are approaching the game and being more aggressive and maybe trying to get an emotional reaction out of him instead of just calling out things that look a little weird.

I will do the rest when I can but I have to run out for a little bit right now. So far it is definitely helping me get back into the game.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by dostin »

I think tris is IN BETWEEN because she doesn't really explain herself very much and it is hard to know what she is thinking since she usually only gives her opinions when somebody else gives an opinion she agrees with. I don't know why she thinks I am scum because she has never really explained that, for example. But there is nothing about tris that makes me think they are scum either it's just that there is nothing that really makes me think they are town except that I am not really suspicious of them. Their tone of voice sounds a little bit towny but that is very hard to tell for sure.

I think NorwegianboyEE is SCUM because at the start of the game he was way too emotional and defensive and tunneled on an obviously pointless post which was Mystic Bear's first page coalition. He also then started calling me scum and all I was doing was asking questions which he mostly ignored but both people who were pushing against him he said were scum. There are a few times where Norwegianboy acted very opportunistic, like in post # when he decided he wouldn't make any reads posts even though because he wanted me to do that he knows that that is a very useful way of knowing what somebody thinks and deciding if their thoughts are real or not. In this first stage of the game in this setup town should be wanting other people to be able to see that they are town but Norwegianboy's goals were just to defend himself and make people (Mystic Bear and me) look bad for thinking he is scum. I don't think post # is being very honest because up to that point all he had done was try to defend himself against Mystic Bear, and saying that they're not "super duper town" sounds like he is accidentally admitting they are town but shouldn't think that they are as obvious as they think they are. I also don't like how he refuses accountability again by following along with Mystic Bear's coalition even if he disagrees with it which reminds me of him refusing to give a readslist.

I think StarToAYoungCulture is TOWNY even though it is hard to tell when someone is not really taking the game very seriously so not very strongly towny. I think it is interesting that nobody else is focussing on town co-operation as much as STAYC is. I don't think scum would latch onto other people's lists like STAYC does without trying to influence them at all. I don't think they are very towny but I don't think mafia would want to play the way that STAYC is playing at all.

I think JacksonVirgo(Scooby) is TOWN because they both have been very very (especially Scooby) open and honest about their reads and opinions and even about things they don't know. Both of them also have a very towny tone in their posts that doesn't sound faked to me. If Jackson's readslist in post # was fake then I don't think they would have left any rankings empty like they did, unless that is a template that they usually use in games and just copies and pastes it into a catchup post.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (isolation #36) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by dostin »

HEAL: Farren
HEAL: JacksonVirgo
HEAL: Mystic Bear
HEAL: StarToAYoungCulture
HURT: tris
HURT: bugspray
HURT: Vanderscamp
HURT: NorwegianboyEE
UNVOTE:
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 985, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 973, dostin wrote:I think Vanderscamp is SCUMMY even though I thought they were pretty towny before but after reading all of their posts together I don't think they ever really thought Norwegianboy is scum, it looks like they just wanted everyone and Norwegianboy to think that but their progression against Norwegianboy is weird and I don't know how to really explain why but I will try. Every single time Vanderscamp says something about why Norwegainboy is scummy, in that very same post they always say something about how he might actually be town, or they make one concession and then explain their thoughts as if that concession never even happened and was just for show like in post #. That whole time even though now they said they think he is town, that whole time they never really interacted with other parts of the game that Norwegianboy was interacting with. It feels like they just wanted to have a scumread on Norwegianboy because maybe it felt right to them as mafia pretending to have real reads.
In post 977, dostin wrote:I think NorwegianboyEE is SCUM because at the start of the game he was way too emotional and defensive and tunneled on an obviously pointless post which was Mystic Bear's first page coalition. He also then started calling me scum and all I was doing was asking questions which he mostly ignored but both people who were pushing against him he said were scum. There are a few times where Norwegianboy acted very opportunistic, like in post #346 when he decided he wouldn't make any reads posts even though because he wanted me to do that he knows that that is a very useful way of knowing what somebody thinks and deciding if their thoughts are real or not. In this first stage of the game in this setup town should be wanting other people to be able to see that they are town but Norwegianboy's goals were just to defend himself and make people (Mystic Bear and me) look bad for thinking he is scum. I don't think post #450 is being very honest because up to that point all he had done was try to defend himself against Mystic Bear, and saying that they're not "super duper town" sounds like he is accidentally admitting they are town but shouldn't think that they are as obvious as they think they are. I also don't like how he refuses accountability again by following along with Mystic Bear's coalition even if he disagrees with it which reminds me of him refusing to give a readslist.

The explanations of these two reads are contradictory.
You claim Vanderscamp is scummy because their read on me is fake, but if that's the case. Isn't that showing it more likely for me to be town? Yet that's not the conclusion you reach in an later paragraph, i'm thinking you just need to have your read on me go this way at all cost because i'm one of the main people pushing against having you in the block right now.
I don't see how that is a contradiction in any way because I never said I know everything absolutely for certain. Maybe you are both scum and what I said about Vanderscamp applies to them faking a read on their buddy or maybe I am wrong about one or both of you but for right now I just don't want either of you in the coalition. Why would I want to push against the person pushing against having me in the coalition if I was scum? Wouldn't I just mostly want to ignore them and appeal to other people in the game besides you?
Is that the only thing you have to say about all of my reads? Because that seems very defensive even though you said you wanted my reads to look for who my partner could be but you didn't do that at all. You didn't even respond to the parts where I was actually saying points against you but you just wanted to make me look bad by pointing out what you think is a big contradiction.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 999, Vanderscamp wrote:I'm really not willing to put Farren in my circle because I think everything he's said so far has been null for his playstyle. He's definitely good enough to post like this as scum and I haven't seen anything from him I think is actively towny.
You don't agree with me that his questions sounded real at the start of the game and that his coalition is moving at a rate that looks very towny? Why did you only comment on my read of you and not on anyone else's if we have disagreements or things you want to discuss about?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1000, Datisi wrote:MOD NOTES
~ I'm not counting the heals in 978 because d ostin's coalition was fulles~ I'm not counting the heals in 978 because dostin's coalition was full
HEAL: JacksonVirgo HEAL: StarToAYOUNGculture
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1016, Farren wrote:
In post 999, Vanderscamp wrote:Ultimately I still believe that asking whether or not scum have daychat was probably genuine.
I'm really not willing to put Farren in my circle because I think everything he's said so far has been null for his playstyle. He's definitely good enough to post like this as scum and I haven't seen anything from him I think is actively towny.
Business as usual here.
What do you mean by that?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1026, Mystic Bear wrote:Norwee who are we putting in the last spot?
I'm confused about what you think about Norwegianboy if he is town or scum.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1036, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1002, bugspray wrote:if any coalition is at like 4/5 i'll yolo hammer it just because im interested in the mech info we'll get from it
Are you just assuming that the coalition is going to fail?
That is interesting to me because Vanderscamp is in almost everybody's coalition and bugspray would make more sense as their partner than Norwegianboy if I am right about Vanderscamp being scum.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (isolation #43) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1034, dostin wrote:
In post 1026, Mystic Bear wrote:Norwee who are we putting in the last spot?
I'm confused about what you think about Norwegianboy if he is town or scum.
Mystic Bear can you please explain your current read on Norwegianboy and how you got there?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1050, Datisi wrote:Farren [5]: Farren, Mystic Bear, Vanderscamp, tris, JacksonVirgo

Vanderscamp [5]: Vanderscamp, Mystic Bear, tris, JacksonVirgo, StarToAYoungCulture

dostin [5]: dostin, Mystic Bear, Farren, JacksonVirgo, StarToAYoungCulture
Vanderscamp do you think you would ever be willing to take yourself out of your own coalition for any reason?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by dostin »

Farren what do you think of Vanderscamp right now? I think we can come to an agreement between both of our coalitions if I take out STAYC and put in tris and you take out Vanderscamp and put in me. What do you think of that grouping?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by dostin »

Jackson did you read my posts yet?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1061, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1029, dostin wrote:
In post 999, Vanderscamp wrote:I'm really not willing to put Farren in my circle because I think everything he's said so far has been null for his playstyle. He's definitely good enough to post like this as scum and I haven't seen anything from him I think is actively towny.
You don't agree with me that his questions sounded real at the start of the game and that his coalition is moving at a rate that looks very towny? Why did you only comment on my read of you and not on anyone else's if we have disagreements or things you want to discuss about?
No, I don't particularly agree with it, but I didn't have anything to say about it since it would be reasonable for you to have that read.
If you understand my reasons and you think that they are valid then I would especially like to hear your reasons for why you still do not agree.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (isolation #48) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1062, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1052, dostin wrote:
In post 1050, Datisi wrote:Farren [5]: Farren, Mystic Bear, Vanderscamp, tris, JacksonVirgo

Vanderscamp [5]: Vanderscamp, Mystic Bear, tris, JacksonVirgo, StarToAYoungCulture

dostin [5]: dostin, Mystic Bear, Farren, JacksonVirgo, StarToAYoungCulture
Vanderscamp do you think you would ever be willing to take yourself out of your own coalition for any reason?
What is the point of this question?
I would like to see you answer it please.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1067, bugspray wrote:anyway here's a game of town!bugspray not giving a fuck about alternate wincon and just trying to win by eliminating every scum instead of just flagbearer (although the slot i read as goon turned out to be actually bearer)
Except you're not even doing anything this game or saying anything useful about it. What are your 3 strongest reads?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (isolation #50) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1081, Farren wrote:
In post 1053, dostin wrote:Farren what do you think of Vanderscamp right now? I think we can come to an agreement between both of our coalitions if I take out STAYC and put in tris and you take out Vanderscamp and put in me. What do you think of that grouping?
Right now, as far as Vanders goes, I'm trying to suppress my paranoia. It happens so bloody frequently, and it's usually wrong.

As for your proposed coalition: I'm getting a pocketing vibe here. Or something along those lines - there's something off about trying to directly push into a coalition.
You are paranoid about Vanderscamp but still think they are towny enough to have them in your coalition instead of 4 other people correct?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (isolation #51) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by dostin »

I don't like all the big coalitions having both Norwegianboy and Vanderscamp in all of them.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (isolation #52) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by dostin »

If I have to put one of them in then maybe Norwegianboy even though I am a little bit more sure he is scum but since there has been a lot of discussion about and involving him and mostly everyone thinks that he is town now then maybe I am missing something or I am just stuck on things that have been bothering me since early on. There has barely been any talking about Vanderscamp but they have been in basically everyone's coalitions the whole game but nobody is really doing a lot to evaluate the slot in my opinion right now or really at any point so I don't even know how they ended up in so many.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (isolation #53) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1126, Farren wrote:dostin: no comments on the pocketing vibe? You quoted the post, so I know you saw it.
In post 1081, Farren wrote:
In post 1053, dostin wrote:Farren what do you think of Vanderscamp right now? I think we can come to an agreement between both of our coalitions if I take out STAYC and put in tris and you take out Vanderscamp and put in me. What do you think of that grouping?
Right now, as far as Vanders goes, I'm trying to suppress my paranoia. It happens so bloody frequently, and it's usually wrong.

As for your proposed coalition: I'm getting a pocketing vibe here. Or something along those lines - there's something off about trying to directly push into a coalition.
I asked if you would want to do that because you said you had some paranoia of Vanderscamp and I remember that I thought you were townreading me I don't remember right now if you said it somewhere or why but I can't change your coalition. But we need to be able to agree on things, and probably most of the people agreeing with each other when they're forming a coalition together are each going to want to have themselves in the coalition. What is so off about that?
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by dostin »

In post 1128, Vanderscamp wrote:Dostin: do you think both Norwegian and I are scum?
I don't think so, but it is possible, but I think I am probably wrong about at least one of you because I didn't ever get an impression that you and he are partners.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by dostin »

Oh! I nearly forgot to keep up with this game! I will be back soon and then I can catch up and post some more.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by dostin »

I read Jackson's posts over again and from that I think it's really not likely that Norwegianboy is mafia. I also don't think it is Farren simply because he has been very towny on his own since the start of the game. Jackson talks a lot about tris the whole game and it is hard to tell if they are doing that as partners to separate themselves or if Jackson had another reason to stay on tris for the entire time they were in the game. But it is also weird when they started to bring up bugspray a few times at the end. I'm not really sure about one way or the other but right now I think the last scum has to be either tris or Redados so as along as we vote them both out I think we will win.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (isolation #57) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by dostin »

Good job to town! And sorry to Datisi and to all of the players as well for getting prodded all those times, I guess I was losing track of time and forgetting about playing the game for too long. Looks like I was pretty wrong about most of what I thought the whole game, ha ha, oh well.
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1611 (isolation #58) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by dostin »

I had a lot of fun playing when I was still in the game and I was sad when I got replaced but I understand it's no fun to play with a player who isn't really around and posting for a few days a bunch of times in a row but I hope I play with you another time in a different game because I had a lot of fun before getting replaced!
dostin
dostin
Goon
dostin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (isolation #59) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by dostin »

That was supposed to be for all of you.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”