2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (isolation #200) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 794, PokerFace wrote:We should have had a vote on how many IR positions
Why?!?

IR slots barely matter.
At most
an IR slot lets you roster an injured player that can come back later but you are going to have to drop someone from your active roster to do so and then like if it was someone that you drafted then it's like...not changing anything? And if it's someone you picked up then you were just faster to the draw b/c everyone else had the same chance to pick him up. Like most Panzer arguments this is asinine.

Yahoo gave us the ability to increase the # of IR slots b/c "hey, it's a pandemic and we just might have more injuries than usual!l" I happened to agree that it was fair and right to give teams the ability to roster their covid players. We could only do it once so in my mind just doing the max seemed like it would have been the right thing to do.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (isolation #201) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 794, PokerFace wrote:Could always vote on new person to lead leagues next year.
I don't feel like I should have to potentially be demoted b/c Panzer is making a big stink about me changing something that I'm not even really changing. Mith was already changing it from year to year based on league #'s.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (isolation #202) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if anything, it
is
my fault for not making this decision/having this conversation @ the beginning of the reason but its disingenuous to claim that I;m trying to change anything.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (isolation #203) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

to change something it has to be decided already and we never decided on our promotion scheme but when L2 was 10 we only moved 3 so im not sure why we shouldn't be doing the same thing.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (isolation #204) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if enough people actually wanted 4 to go up that's fine? like I don't really care but I am saying that I'm not "changing" anything b/c its ALWAYS been 3 from L2 (and the one from L3) and when we actually had a 10 player L2 that's exactly what happened...we promoted 3 and moved 3 down and I'm not sure why we aren't doing that again....

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (isolation #205) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

GG Poker

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (isolation #206) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

:facepalm:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (isolation #207) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

my opinion has nothing to do with Aronis or Joe.

I think promoting 3 from a 10 player league seems fairer. Its what we did the last time L2 was 10.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #208) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

how dare I change something that had a negligible impact! The gall! Also, we all agreed, including yourself, on the reseeding so...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (isolation #209) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (isolation #210) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i mean we are going .5 ppr next year more than likely but IG if you don't plan on coming back that solves that...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (isolation #211) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

while I agree, retaining/getting players is paramount I think, and if .5 PPR helps wh that then I'm ok with it. Just b/c Panzer wants it doesn't mean it'll win.

luckily auction is our PPR free sanctuary.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (isolation #212) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 833, D3f3nd3r wrote:Yeah I think point per receiving first down would make sense but I don’t know if that option is available to us on Yahoo.
pooky wants it to. i think everyone else would be fine with the change as well.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (isolation #213) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 838, Groose Caboose wrote:Can I volunteer to stay in L2 (with first dibs if someone doesn't return next year) to end this debate? It's been going on for longer than I care to pay attention to.
Aronis said he might not be coming back so if he doesn't then you take his spot. If he did then sure. It's very noble of you.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (isolation #214) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

they actually have that on there.....

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (isolation #215) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

although I would like to point out that we can only have a maximum of 26 scoring categories so we'd have to get rid of something every time we add a new one.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (isolation #216) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 833, D3f3nd3r wrote:Yeah I think point per receiving first down would make sense but I don’t know if that option is available to us on Yahoo.
its on there but its dumb, imo

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (isolation #217) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 828, D3f3nd3r wrote:I think the better solution might be changing the pass yardage value so that it comes closer to valuing RBs and WRs equally, but I’m not sure what that’d look like.
currently, it's 1 pt per 25 yards. I feel like 350-380 is sorta a normal QB stat line and thats like 14/15 pts not counting TDs. I'm not a big fan of the idea of making the QB getting a point per 10 yards like an RB does. Honestly, I think it's fine the way it is but mayyyybeeee making it 1 point per 20 yards seems like it might be ok.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (isolation #218) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

WRs and RBs both get 1 point per 10 yards...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (isolation #219) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh u want the wrs to get 1 point for like every 5 yards or something I guess...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (isolation #220) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

maybe it's very boomer of me or something but it just seems very lame to me to inflate the fantasy football scores. Like leagues that add all kinda wonky categories so teams will get 150 pts each week feels very amateurism or something. It's like putting madden on EZ mode and running up the score.
Last edited by Nero Cain on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (isolation #221) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i know wich is why I don't like it.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (isolation #222) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

meh

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (isolation #223) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 841, Kilgamayan wrote:Also, as long as we're bandying about scoring change ideas, I'd like to more seriously suggest the kicker thing I previously mentioned in 302; specifically, that kickers get 0.1 point per yard of successful FGs, rather than an integer number of points based on distance intervals. As an example, a 37-yard FG would be worth 3.7 points instead of 3 points. I have no particular argument for why this is any sort of remotely necessary change; it simply made kickers a bit more fun in the league I was in that tried it this year, so I figure why not, maybe it'll take here as well.
thinking about this...I don't really like it. Like a 50 yard FG would still be 5 points. It doesn't really seem like it changes anything except to punish kickers/offense that kick short FG's over a big leg kicker.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (isolation #224) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i guess you could argue that it adds another layer of strategy since certain kickers will be more valuable than others.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (isolation #225) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

making FGs all 3 points would prob be the fairest thing, no?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (isolation #226) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im not seeing why the nfl adding an extra week is something to be worried about?

it just means that the playoffs would be anywhere from 15-17 instead of 14-16

it would have an impact on the schedule but I don't think that's anything BIG. Like say we adopt a 3 goes to the playoffs then that would mean you play your division opponents twice and then out of division once assuming 12 teams 3 divisions.

in a 10 teamer with 2 divisions, you'd play your division twice each, OOD once, and a rando game.

For an 8 team, you just play everyone twice with a 3-week playoff.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (isolation #227) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i mean, it just numerically works out in 12 or 8 players. I can certainly understand why some of you uphold the belief that it's only fair if you play the same people the same number of times but I don't feel like 1 rando game is really that "unfair"

in a 10 player, you'll have 9 opponents and either 14 or 15 weeks depending on playoffs so we can't play everyone twice, and if we played everyone once then we are still left with 5 games. I mean, I just can't think of anything really good unless we did something real funky like 5 divisions of 2 and you play your division opponent four times and each other division once.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”