Advice for Newbies

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4, Frogsterking wrote:"What would you consider to be one of the most important and fundamental piece of advice that you would like to impart to newer players and that will serve them well through the rest of their mafia careers? Your advice can be geared towards a particular alignment, or it can be general advice."

For town:

1) Play a bunch of games and focus on learning town tells as opposed to scum tells. Then, team up with the players who have the most town tells and execute all of the players who have the least town tells. A town tell is a sign that you can trust someone and they will not stab you in the back.

2) Learn how to prioritize and organize your points so you're viewed as credible, and post frequently enough to drown out anyone you think is scum.

For mafia:

1) Watch every single episode all the way through of Survivor: Heroes vs Villains and Survivor: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty. As of New Years Eve 2020, both of these seasons are available now on Netflix.
Lmfao the advice for mafia is amazing but also quite valid
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 20, Harumi Ayasato wrote:
In post 16, Isis wrote:Welcome to the forum.

"everyone is scum except for me" is not a popular mantra here, I don't think, but it has elements of merit to it at a minimum since as a townie the only elimination you
know
is a bad elimination is your own.
Holy crap, I wasn't serious about that!
Poe’s Law is a bitch
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 27, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 9, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4, Frogsterking wrote:"What would you consider to be one of the most important and fundamental piece of advice that you would like to impart to newer players and that will serve them well through the rest of their mafia careers? Your advice can be geared towards a particular alignment, or it can be general advice."

For town:

1) Play a bunch of games and focus on learning town tells as opposed to scum tells. Then, team up with the players who have the most town tells and execute all of the players who have the least town tells. A town tell is a sign that you can trust someone and they will not stab you in the back.

2) Learn how to prioritize and organize your points so you're viewed as credible, and post frequently enough to drown out anyone you think is scum.

For mafia:

1) Watch every single episode all the way through of Survivor: Heroes vs Villains and Survivor: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty. As of New Years Eve 2020, both of these seasons are available now on Netflix.
Lmfao the advice for mafia is amazing but also quite valid
Lol I thought so. There might be some better Survivor seasons out there but those are the best I've seen.
In post 26, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Don’t play Mafia like Survivor.
Okay, why not?
HvV and Cagayan are both top tier seasons
I say this as a hardcore member of the Survivor fandom since May of 2019 (watched up through season 34 on Hulu, then watched the rest on CBS All Access)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 32, Ythan wrote:I too think scum are more sensitive.
Yeah that entire wall resonated with me
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Mafia Discussion”