Large Theme Moderator Signups and Design Primer

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

PookyTheMagicalBear vs Flavor Leaf ends in a
town
victory.
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

1. Game name
    - Friends, Enemies and That Other Person
  2. Flavor
    - Mod Designed, Made Up Universs
  3. Number of players
  4. Are hydras allowed (Yes/No)
    - Yes, Two Heads, Must Disclose to the Mod
  5. Your modding experience
    - A lot, my Main is Titus
  6. Current modding commitments
    - None
  7. Reviewers
    - Morning Tweet and MathBlade
  8. Reviewers agreed to FINAL version? (Yes/No)
    - Yes
  9. Backup or co-mod
    - Morning Tweet
  10. Backup or co-mod's experience
    - Just Recently Radio Buzz
  11. Backup or co-mod's commitments
    - None
  12. Is it possible your game has any of the following: cults,
    mid-game alignment changes,
    moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not),
    secret win conditions,
    un-divulged
    non
    -randomness in player role/
    alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game? (Yes/No)
    - Underlined are possible. Detailed in Spoiler below. I will answer questions about what is possible but not how it could be implemented in the game.
Spoiler: Here's what you know
  1. There are five group-scum in the game. They are known as the Enemies of Justice.
  2. Scum have daytalk and multi-task.
  3. Scum cannot assign their roles.
  4. Third parties may or may not be present.
  5. There is one player who is investigation immune and is unaware of it. All investigations on that player that succeed will come back as "The Unknown", even if a player name is not a valid feedback for the investigation or if the player is not normally an eligible target. (Ex: An investigative result that would come back with a yes/no result would get "The Unknown" instead.)
  6. The identity of The Unknown may change throughout the game with no choice of The Unknowns past, present or future.
  7. There is one explicitly random element in the game. Any action is not impacted by this "randomness" in any way unless warned of the possibility of such either by this post or in their role PM.
  8. No roles have "sanities" such as paranoid, insane, etc.
  9. No Godparents or the like exist aside from The Unknown.
  10. The Moderator hates town winning by night play, so you expect some misleading results that are not moderator lies. This includes guilty or innocents that change or are misleading.
  11. Alignment changes are not possible unless explicitly mentioned in your PM. There is no cult or anything like it.
  12. Alignment changes that do not violate the above are possible.
  13. You can rely on anything the moderator says to be true at the point in time that I say it.
  14. There are no other bastard elements other than what is described here.
  15. You may ask
    privately
    if something is bastard and out of bounds. I will answer privately. If I feel it is necessary to announce, I will.
  16. I will not likely announce unless it gets asked multiple times or its an oversight to be included here.
  17. The goal of this setup is novel fun.
  18. This setup is swingy and impossible to test perfectly for balance. You've been warned.
[/list]

Please do not enter my game into signups until December unless I bold here stating otherwise. I expect to be in trial during November and passing on duties to Morning Tweet is unfair.
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

In post 238, Blade Dancer wrote:
  1. Game name
  2. Flavor
  3. Number of players
    - None
  7. Reviewers
    - Morning Tweet and MathBlade
    - Yes
  9. Backup or co-mod
    - Morning Tweet
    - Just Recently Radio Buzz
    - None
    moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not),
    secret win conditions,
    un-divulged
    non
    - Underlined are possible. Detailed in Spoiler below. I will answer questions about what is possible but not how it could be implemented in the game.
  1. There are five group-scum in the game. They are known as the Enemies of Justice.
  5. There is one player who is investigation immune and is unaware of it. All investigations on that player that succeed will come back as "The Unknown", even if a player name is not a valid feedback for the investigation or if the player is not normally an eligible target. (Ex: An investigative result that would come back with a yes/no result would get "The Unknown" instead.)
  6. The identity of The Unknown may change throughout the game with no choice of The Unknowns past, present or future.
  7. There is one explicitly random element in the game. Any action is not impacted by this "randomness" in any way unless warned of the possibility of such either by this post or in their role PM.
  8. No roles have "sanities" such as paranoid, insane, etc.
  10. The Moderator hates town winning by night play, so you expect some misleading results that are not moderator lies. This includes guilty or innocents that change or are misleading.
  11. Alignment changes are not possible unless explicitly mentioned in your PM. There is no cult or anything like it.
  13. You can rely on anything the moderator says to be true at the point in time that I say it.
  15. You may ask
    privately
    if something is bastard and out of bounds. I will answer privately. If I feel it is necessary to announce, I will.
  16. I will not likely announce unless it gets asked multiple times or its an oversight to be included here.
  18. This setup is swingy and impossible to test perfectly for balance. You've been warned.
[/list]

Please do not enter my game into signups until December unless I bold here stating otherwise. I expect to be in trial during November and passing on duties to Morning Tweet is unfair.
I'd like to enter signups when there's an opening. My homicide trial is getting delayed until January at the earliest.
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

In post 264, Titus wrote:
In post 249, Blade Dancer wrote:
In post 238, Blade Dancer wrote:
  1. Game name
  2. Flavor
  3. Number of players
    - None
  7. Reviewers
    - MathBlade
    - Yes
  9. Backup or co-mod
    - Mathblade
    - Enough
    - None
    secret win conditions,
    un-divulged
    non
    - Underlined are possible. Detailed in Spoiler below. I will answer questions privately about what is possible but not how it could be implemented in the game.
  8. No roles have "sanities".
  15. You may ask
    privately
[/list]

I'd like to enter signups when there's an opening. My homicide trial is getting delayed until January at the earliest.
I'd like to re-enter this into signups come May 9th.
I'd like to reenter this into signups.

Return to “Completed Signups”