Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #134 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm doing this at PotY but it could easily be a Kodak as well.

Post of the Year
Mon Sep 14, 2020
Aristophanes xReckonerx Mini Theme 2165: MafiaSunny
This post is a beautiful work of art!

Not only does it give an awesome backstory for Sunny, one which many people did not know but were curious about, it does so in a way which encapsulates the audience. The memes, the writing, the sheer greatness of this post and the reverence to Sunny are fantastic and hilarious. It is both informative and peak meme. It is amazing!

All Hail Sunny!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #135 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Wait GDI You beat me to it!?!?

Grrrrr
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #255 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I know its in the OP but this is for games that ended in 2020 right?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #293 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 259, the worst wrote:Historically, games that finished in the current year have been disqualified from last year's scummies - quality first nom for the 2021 thread though!
I can haz thread? :D
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #317 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Mad Scientist
05/01/2021
Jingle came us with a really cool interface for Conditional Vigilantes. Essentially, everyone submitted a fear and their fear was made into their flavour. Someone else had said flavour as a Vig shot, where they could scare you to death if they targeted you with your submitted fear. It made for really cool interactions as claims could either conftown the person with your fear or get you killed the next night without having to use the scum's factional kill. It also limited who each player could kill and therefore could not be abused by scum as a standard ungated Vig would.

On top of all this, the use of the Fear flavour allowed for some very deep sharing of information between players, as seen with beeboy's compiled RQS in the first game.

Jingle did a fantastic job with this mechanic/flavour interaction and it was really refreshing to play a game like this.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #318 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Post of the Year
05/01/2021
This nom is probably going to get vetoed but it was a great post for so many reasons!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #322 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Hannibal Lecter
05/01/2021
Okay, so this game was a ride! We we lucky to catch Ythan after he was culted, but the duo of innocentvillager and the worst were an absolute iconic duo this game. Titus culting the worst was a fantastic move and the cult had the entire thread eating out of the palms of their hands by the end of it with obvtown reads all around! It was an absolutely impressive cult game and I am happy to nominate those who brought it home in style!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #324 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
The MafiaScum Member of the Month is a really fantastic idea, especially considering the year in which it was released. It's been a rough time for everyone, but having a place to nominate the little things that would never warrant a scummy nom is really nice! I love seeing the nice things people have to say about others on the site each month <3

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
The Discussion Moderators and Zoraster worked overtime when this announcement was made public. They had to endure stresses that I don't think many mods on this site have, and had mountains of reports, and requests pile up in mere moments. They were vigilant on the boards and reacted with record speed to things that were starting to bubble up in order to avoid as much toxicity as they could. They did an amazing job and the site is so much better for having them around. I want to nom so many people from this thread for their responses to it, but I think nominating the DiscMod team that was active in dealing with it is the right choice.

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
Reliably running Song Contests for 10 years is a goddamned achievement and they deserve to be nominated every year for this shit! It's legitimately been said in these threads that Song Contests are one of the only reasons certain members continue to frequent mafiascumdotnet. Absolutely wonderful!

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
I don't have one link so the description will have to do.
T-Bone is the Open Queue Listmod. That's awesome and we appreciate all the time he puts into it! But that's not why he's being nominated here.

In his position as Site Staff, T-Bone has undertaken many projects this year. Many are related to the Open Games and Queue framework, but not all of them. He's taken on a huge role in Marathon Weekends, one of the joys people have looked forward to for years, but especially during Covid when long weekends that are normally spent outside with family or friends end up being spent alone. He has been a pivotal player in Term Replacement on the Wiki despite starting with limited knowledge on how the Wiki functions. He is always putting himself out there to make the site better and is always happy to amass a team of people to help so that their skills work together and result in a better end product.

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
You know how we all have to click "Board Index" now instead of using the Banner we once had? Well, we lost a lot more than just thatbanner when it was taken from us. We had to change the images on our Social Media pages, on our Boards here, and on our Wiki pages. One of the most high-traffic parts of this site is those Wiki pages, and it's what sets us apart from a lot of other mafia forums. (Well one of the things, but I digress)

When we lost those images, Reck stepped up to the plate and made us knew ones. And I LOVE these new ones! They have a similar colour schemeto the old ones but they're so much more crisp. So adult. Having them on the Wiki and on the Social Media pages was a great change, and it was done so quickly I'm rather amazed! Whether they are teporary or permanent, they deserve a nom here.

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
With the absence of out beloved host from past years, these two came together to Administer and Administrate the SUPP Poll for 2020. It was undoubtedly a lot of work and I know the site was grateful they picked up that mantle so that the tradition did not falter.

...I started on this and couldn't stop.
Love you guys! Thank you for keeping MS amazing <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #328 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Kodak Moment
06/01/2021
I'd nom shellyc but no.
Basically, Shelly did a fake dayvig on Ydrasse (who ended up being the last living scum bringing the game to ELo) and normally it's like "whatever, that's a fake dayvig :roll:
BUT BOONSKIIES, oh fuck I love this guy! Boonskiies' finger "slipped" and the thread was locked for an extremely short amount of time. It was amazing! XD
It led to this goddamn masterpiece of a meme that I laughed at for a good couple of hours and Ydrasse proclaimed laughing at a whole day later!
Honestly one of the funniest succession of posts based around a fake dayvig I've seen in a longtime XD

Paperback Writer
06/01/2021
The writing in this game was amazing!
Boonskiies combined prewritten posts (for VC flavour) and his own writing of this girl's diary and really made the character come to life. He was asked mid game if he could finish writing it even if the game ended early because people wanted to have the story! I mean, I preinned the game when I saw the Game Ad "complete original flavor from the imaginative and depressive diary of fictional character, Little Boonie" because the flavour looked like it would be really good, and I knew Boonskiies would deliver, and he absolutely did!

There are some quirks in the writing that make it feel like Little Boonie wrote it. There are details, like the off hand self-correction about having one less mason jar but with no elaboration, that make her feel real. There's little things like the stream of thought writing that comes in a diary, the naivety of a young girl, the occasional mistakes that one would make in an unproofread diary, just little things that make it really feel that much more authentic.

I really wonder what Wonderland smells like.

That was a goddamn moment!
It just, it's exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see in a diary like this, but at the same point, it is something I would never think to include if I were trying to character build like this. It was really impressive work!

Some of the quotes that got me:
I always get super excited any time I get the urge to dress up
I’m a hopeful optimist. Unfortunately, it’s hard to stay optimistic when you’ve run out of hope.
I don’t think I’m the best at being funny, that was another thought I had, and I switched from that thought without having a proper segue to the other thought, but I thought that thought—eh, you get it, moving on.
My parents said I shouldn’t have sugar, though. I forget if I’ve told you that already. I forget a lot of things, who I’ve told what to, what I did what with and who.
(Though honestly all of Chapter 5 just sat a little too close to home. I feel like I know this person)
Not a quote but the eggnog introspection is really good
The handle starts to hurt my hand because it’s broken, kinda like my soul. I’m half-kidding, don’t worry. Little Boonie!!! :cry:
The dryer done did a dirty, and won’t work anymore, kinda like me, because I am broken. Oh well. :cry: :cry:

And do you want to know the best part? The absolute thing that makes this nom complete? Well the story didn't finish. It didn't "happy ending" when the town won. Because that's not how this works.
It was a snapshot of this girl's life and it started and ended the same way. There wasn't a thing that set off her depression. There wasn't a "get better" clause. No. It was just, there. She was just there. We got to experience her thoughts for the short time we were in the game. It was beautiful.

Thank you, Boonskiies, for this amazing writing! I can't say enough about how good it was!

This game had the majority of its play in 2020 but just ended, so if it is not eligible this year, please transfer these to the 2021 Nominations thread <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #329 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 325, Noraa wrote:Dang aristo really went all in O_O
I've slacked throughout the year, so it was time to rectify that XD
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #333 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 332, Flavor Leaf wrote:What a write up, Aristo. Thank you. :)
You earned it my friend <3
- Jingle

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”