What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:47 am

Post by Ircher »

I gave two options that I would be willing to approve of either. The thing about plain 2-Shot is that's almost as effective as an ungated vanilla cop. It's not quite the same, but being able to do the N3 investigation probably won't make a significant difference as the N1 and N2 investigations would. I expect mass claim to probably happen around Day 3 or 4 as that's pretty standard from what I've seen in mini normals.

I think you can also drop the compulsive requirement on the cop--town will almost always use it anyway. Holstering on using it doesn't really benefit town much.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Ircher »

As far as role pms go:

1) You need result pms for the Vanilla Cop, Cop, and Tracker. You don't have to include them in the role pms, but we do need to see them.
2) Compulsive isn't random in normal games. Please check the normal guidelines section of compulsive (on the wiki) if you still plan to use it.
3) Miller role pm is missing description of macho.
4) Typo: Miller role pm: "If will appear as a member of the Mafia to a Cop." --> If should be you
5) Roleblocker pm should probably say active ability rather than just ability for clarity for newer players.
6) Town role pms should likely have the win conditions listed, especially since the mafia ones do.
7) Nitpick: Most of your role pms use language that imply a player's action will always succeed. You may want to change it to use something like "may attempt to" or "assuming no interference" to clarify that it is possible to be blocked.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Isis »

I think you're missing that JacksonVirgo made it a compulsive novice 2 shot cop because we told them a N2N3 cop would be good, and a Compulsive Novice 2-shot cop is almost equivalent. It's not equivalent though, there's a subtle distinction that a night specific power role can decline to act, in spite of having fewer opportunities to act. Night Specific specifying a range of nights is normal and is what I think is the best fit here. The pitfall with novice compulsive is that it implies the town tracker is perhaps scum tracker, and the mod designing the setup wanted to ensure scum were able to get rewarded for locating the cop early. The pitfall with novice 2-shot is that if the cop makes an accurate assessment they are very likely to survive through night 4, they could holster Night 3 but then get punished when the Miller Enabler they knew nothing about gets killed. It's a very risky and unlikely call to make anyway that would be pretty rarely seen, so novice 2 shot is definitely better than novice 2 shot compulsive, but I like the straight night specific best.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Isis »

The mafia role PMs let you confirm for the game without learning your partners, which is in the family of banned Quagmire stratz
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Isis »

Actually maybe you should think about designing that into your tool? Like the membership of the scumteam is a piece of information you could set one time, then the mafia role PMs could automatically print the list, excluding the member receiving the PM. It's something to automate.
"Well, I..."
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 26, Ircher wrote:6) Town role pms should likely have the win conditions listed, especially since the mafia ones do.
I've fixed up the other points but what does this mean exactly?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:24 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 29, Isis wrote:Actually maybe you should think about designing that into your tool? Like the membership of the scumteam is a piece of information you could set one time, then the mafia role PMs could automatically print the list, excluding the member receiving the PM. It's something to automate.
Honestly never thought of it but I will definitely add that.

wiki // GTKAS
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 30, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 26, Ircher wrote:6) Town role pms should likely have the win conditions listed, especially since the mafia ones do.
I've fixed up the other points but what does this mean exactly?
Seems I missed the town win conditions being listed when I first looked, so you can disregard this point.

(Also, technically speaking, for both mafia and town, there's the additional requirement that one player of the faction must still be alive, but that's not a huge issue in a mini normal.)
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Ircher »

If you repost everything, I can do a final look, and we should be good to go from there.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Spoiler: Role Cards
Town Informed Macho Cop-Enabler Miller

You are informed that Mafia are informed that there is a Macho Cop-Enabler Miller. You will appear as a member of the Mafia to a Cop. If you are to die, all Cops will lose their ability. You cannot be protected from kills.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one member of the Town is alive.

Confirm your role via replying with your role name, alignment and any abilities you have.
Town N2 N3 Cop
Town N2 N3 Cop

You can check on Nights 2 and 3, if your action succeeds you will know if they are a member of the Mafia or not.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one member of the Town is alive.

Confirm your role via replying with your role name, alignment and any abilities you have.
Town Tracker
Town Tracker

You may check a player each night, if your action succeeds you will see who they visited if anybody.

Town Jailkeeper
Town Jailkeeper

You may jailkeep a player each night, if your action succeeds you will protect them from kills but you will role-block your target.

Town Vanilla Townie
Town Vanilla Townie

You have no abilities outside your voice and your vote.

Mafia 1-Shot Roleblocker
Mafia 1-Shot Roleblocker

Only once, if your actions succeeds you may choose to roleblock a player. This will stop their active ability if they have one. Your partners are [X] the Mafia 2-shot Vanilla Cop and [Y] the Mafia Informed.

You win when at least one Mafia is alive and all threats to the Mafia are eliminated or when nothing can stop that from happening

Mafia 2-shot Vanilla Cop
Mafia 2-shot Vanilla Cop

Only twice, if your action succeeds you may check a player to see if they're Vanilla or not. Your partners are [X] the Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker and [Y] the Mafia Informed.

You win when at least one Mafia is alive and all threats to the Mafia are eliminated or when nothing can stop that from happening

Mafia Informed
Mafia Informed

You are informed that there is a Macho Cop-Enabler Miller. Your partners are [X] the Mafia 2-shot Vanilla Cop and [Y] the Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker.

Spoiler: Results and Feedback
Town N1 N2 CopYou target is
Pro-Town

Town N1 N2 CopYou target is
Anti-Town

Town N1 N2 CopYou have received no result.

Town TrackerYou have received no result.

Town TrackerYour target visited [X].

Town TrackerYour target did not visit.

Mafia 2-shot Vanilla CopYour target is Vanilla.

Mafia 2-shot Vanilla CopYour target is not Vanilla.

Mafia 2-shot Vanilla CopYou have received no result..

That should be everything needed? Also if there's discrepencies with the role cards I apologize, I've found a few kinks in my tool that I'm going to be sorting out ASAP ahaha

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Ah feck, I forgot the game and PT links

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Oh and the Novice 2-shot. Gonna redo

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:13 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Spoiler: Role Cards Fixed

You are informed that Mafia are informed that there is a Macho Cop-Enabler Miller. You will appear as a member of the Mafia to a Cop. If you are to die, all Cops will lose their ability. You cannot be protected from kills.

The game thread can be found here

Town N2 N3 Cop
Town N2 N3 Cop

You can check on Nights 2 and 3, if your action succeeds you will know if they are a member of the Mafia or not.

Town Tracker
Town Tracker

You may check a player each night, if your action succeeds you will see who they visited if anybody.

Town Jailkeeper
Town Jailkeeper

You may jailkeep a player each night, if your action succeeds you will protect them from kills but you will role-block your target.

Town Vanilla Townie
Town Vanilla Townie

You have no abilities outside your voice and your vote.

Mafia 1-Shot Roleblocker
Mafia 1-Shot Roleblocker

Only once, if your actions succeeds you may choose to roleblock a player. This will stop their active ability if they have one. Your partners are [X] the Mafia 2-shot Vanilla Cop and [Y] the Mafia Informed.

The Mafia PT can be found here
Mafia Novice 2-shot Vanilla Cop

Only twice, if your action succeeds you may check a player to see if they're Vanilla or not. Your partners are [X] the Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker and [Y] the Mafia Informed.

Mafia Informed
Mafia Informed

You are informed that there is a Macho Cop-Enabler Miller. Your partners are [X] the Mafia 2-shot Vanilla Cop and [Y] the Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker.

wiki // GTKAS
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:44 am

Post by Ircher »

The novice 2-Shot Vanilla Cop is missing the information that they cannot use their ability night 1.
You also forgot to add the novice modifier in the other mafia role pms when listing teammates.

Everything else looks good. It should suffice to repost the novice 2-shot vanilla cop role pm.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:57 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Spoiler: Mafia Role Cards
Mafia 1-Shot Roleblocker
Mafia 1-Shot Roleblocker

Only once, if your actions succeeds you may choose to roleblock a player. This will stop their active ability if they have one. Your partners are [X] the Mafia Novice 2-shot Vanilla Cop and [Y] the Mafia Informed.

Only twice, and not on night one, if your action succeeds you may check a player to see if they're Vanilla or not. Your partners are [X] the Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker and [Y] the Mafia Informed.

Mafia Informed
Mafia Informed

You are informed that there is a Macho Cop-Enabler Miller. Your partners are [X] the Mafia Novice 2-shot Vanilla Cop and [Y] the Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It has been brought to my attention something that I am sure isn't a thing but I have to ask anyway. Cop-Enabler doesn't affect Vanilla Cop yes?

wiki // GTKAS
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Ircher »

It shouldn't. A Vanilla Cop Enabler would, but that wouldn't affect normal cops; it's specifically tied to the precise role name.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Ircher »

Looks good to me.
/pass
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »