He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 25, Malkon05 wrote:
Mashterstroke
10/10/20 Malkon05 kloud1516 Survivor: Power v Courage v Wisdom At final 5, kloud found himself vulnerable for the first time in the entire re-merge (that's a whole other thing). He was not immune after having been blocked from participating in the challenge due to a power. Now, kloud had an unplayed "safety without power" item that would have guaranteed him final 4, however at that point he was viewed to have been getting to that point by an unprecedented number of immunity wins in a survivor game, and he was keenly aware it was perceived that way. He needed something that would give him some clout at a FTC, and so he decided to go for a gamble. Rather than play his advantage, be safe, and have no social game, he crafted a very clever lie about saying he was going to play it. Instead, he turned the vote in a direction that was beneficial to his game. Rather than keep him honest and call him on his bluff, the rest of the players followed this plan as given and instead of voting out "the threat" kloud and risk him playing his advantage, another player went home instead. Everyone both in and out of game sat there in disbelief as kloud survived a round without needing to play his advantage and wondering why people didn't just keep him honest. This gave him some major talking points at the FTC when he got there, one juror even asking "how the hell did you survive without playing your advantage?" Although Kloud did not win, the vote was extremely close and this particular move made everyone's jury vote that much harder to decide.
Gonna clarify some stuff because this could be referring to one of two tribal councils (or both since they do feel linked). Final 6 was a round where the safety without power was used on Epona (who likely would have been voted that round and kloud needed alive as a shield next round) and led to a ton of plans being scrambled and Sidon going home.

If you are talking about final 5, then kloud did have a normal idol he chose not to play. Instead he played Urbosa's Fury on yours truly and used his Idol Nullifier on Epona, who was the other target for that round, set up by the previous ice arrow/safety without power play. He received a total of 1 vote that tribal while the combination of the Fury and Nullifier sent Epona out with 4 votes.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 27, Malkon05 wrote:But it wasn't needed as Epona would have gone home even without those advantages.

He had "send someone to exile" which is what was used on Epona via the Ice Arrow. The other item was during the swapped tribe which was "Safety Without Power" which was unused. Epona's half-idol would not have nullified enough votes to save them.
Fair, the idol did nullify kloud's vote. The reason I confused what you meant with the Ice Arrow is in the show Safety Without Power literally made you leave TC, not just nullified your vote. Also that depends on how the half idol worked, if it nullified half rounding up or literally half (like .5 votes) then it either that or Urbosa's Fury would need to be played to get the desired outcome (since Epona had 3 votes cast for them + 1 from Urbosa's Fury, compared to the 2 cast for me), If it was half rounded down then fair.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:55 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Best Social Game
1/8/2020 VashtaNeurotic Survivor: Power Courage Wisdom Survivor: PCW This game was wild and was perhaps, the most game. From the beginning this game was full of duplicity, scheming, twists and turns, and the mods never took their foot off the gas. Numerous memorable characters, incredible plays, facepalm worthy misplays and an almost unprecedent challenge run, so much happened it can't be summarized easily. This game will be remembered for many years and the fact it hasn't already been nominated is criminal.

Smash Mouth
01/08/2020 VashtaNeurotic CreativeMod1 N/A I don't think CM1 played any games this year, but his contribution to the community can not be understated. He worked on both PCW and PD this year, is generally a delight to talk to and his spreadsheets are divine. He's helped automate the anonymous character database, set up spreadsheets to help his games run faster (and has been working on guide to ensure they can be used without him) and rescued the most iconic challenge from Survivor: PD, the murder mystery, saving was must have been weeks of work. He absolutely deserves a ton of recognition for his efforts.

Mashterstroke
01/08/2020 VashtaNeurotic Reck? Survivor: PCW I'm not sure who exactly to nominate for this so I'll just go with the common denominator, since the entirety of the Saga of people trusting Sidon with items was insane. Whether it was Reck's natural charisma, a miscalculation from the others involved or a mixture of the two. On not one but two occasions in PCW someone had a powerful item, thought "I really want to trust Sidon with this item, that will help my game and he seems like a good guy", the Sidon would receive said item and immediately vote out the person who gave it to him. Even more wild, I don't think he even asked for anything. If something like this happens once in a game, that's kind of funny, but if it happens twice, that's insane.

Best Mish Mash Newbie
9/21/2020
xofelf
het
het is someone who is entirely new to our site and came here largely for these games, and even in the short time he's been around he's made quite an impression. His confessionals are very insightful and are also quite hilarious at the same time. He is an incredibly solid player who leaves a mark on every game he touches, whether he's playing or spectating. And I think he will continue to improve games just by existing in them.
2nd
George Bailey

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”