They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2240 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

wolves just cant stop winning
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2300 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

The setup is a bit wolfsided imo. Info favors finding maf and helps wolves hide by havint legit scumhunting
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2304 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

I modded this setup, wolves dont have the risk of being outted via the list, and also have a green check on their partner, and cant be nightkilled.
Its an advantage for sure.
Mafia win with 3 town lims in a row though. Its auto i think.

Wolves ended up no killing at one point cause they didnt like the list presented, and wanted to keep a towny player around that was on the list who was good at solving.

I'll link the game in a bit. It reached 17k posts :lol: its also linked in dead PT.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2306 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

https://epicmafia.com/topic/96337
i think its funny, cause our best scum player, Super, ended up endgaming too. its 17k worth of posts, but if you're in the mood for a good old novel about the game of mafia, feel free to peruse.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2309 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

1:2:2 is autowin for mafia.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 am

Post by DkKoba »

i personally made the ruling when I ran the setup that if it got to 1:2:2 during day I would rule it as a mafia win so no kingmaker shenanigans happen.

also 2 town 1 maf 1 wolf is NOT autowin for anyone.

there is 1 path to victory for town:
Eliminate remaining wolf. No more nightkills. You go into 3 way with mafia. lim the mafia.

2 paths for maf
Wolf is limmed. You win 3 way.
Town is limmed. Wolf shoots other town. You win the tie.

and 2 for wolves
Town is Limmed. You shoot mafia.
Mafia is limmed. You just shoot and win.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2311 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2307, VP Baltar wrote:Just make the kill mandatory for the wolves.
this doesn't affect the balance of the setup imo.

during the day you can just send it right back to wolves and force them to kill.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2312 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

(assuming the rules are that 3 phases = draw if no actions are taken which is what I used to force the last alignment to have taken inaction to act. I know the norm is to force scum to kill on this site but yknow)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

once a faction reaches autoloss, stop counting that faction in the count, and if anyone else reaches a wincon because of it, you award them the win.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'd say thats the fairest way to do it if anything.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2317 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2316, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2312, DkKoba wrote:(assuming the rules are that 3 phases = draw if no actions are taken which is what I used to force the last alignment to have taken inaction to act. I know the norm is to force scum to kill on this site but yknow)
tbf if i was wolf in this situation and didn't have a really good read on the last mafia i would probably take the draw, lol, odds seem stacked against me to both hit the mafia and win the ELO
i uh, made elimination mandatory in the 2-1-1 scenario so that wouldn't happen cause it was super close to happening in my game and the wolf was considering drawing :lol:

and its a 50/50 shot after you win the 4 way. its probably Mafia that would rather a draw in that case.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

(last mafia wifomed and put themelves in the list and ended up getting killed so it ended up being 3-0-1)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2319 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

overall tho, nobody should feel bad. this is a setup where theres gonna be a faction that just gets fucked over hard. to get to lylo like that means town played v well regardless. (and it very well could have been a town win sans the quickhammer)

multiball always gonna be like that. your expected winrate is hovering around 1/3 rather than 1/2. Its gonna be hard and random stuff will screw you over.
retired

Return to “Completed Open Games”