Superb Idea Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Superb Idea Mafia

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 am

Post by BBmolla »

Town Businessman

Appears like
MAFIA
to Cop investigations. Each night, must submit a target. Target player appears like
MAFIA
to cop investigations that night.

Mafia Framer

Each night, may submit a target. Target player appears like
MAFIA
to cop investigations that night.

Compulsive Bodyguard Survivor

Each night, must submit a target. If target player is targeted by a night kill, you will die instead. You win if you survive and can joint with town or mafia.

In this topic: The role list for Superb Idea Mafia. In each post, post a Town Role, a Mafia Role, and a Third Party Role. Roles can be anything, a normal thing like a Cop or a weird thing like a Compulsive Firebreathing Serial Killer Jester. For Superb Idea Mafia, a mod simply takes this thread, sets the number of Town/Mafia/Third Parties (recommended 6/2/1 for Micro Games), determines each player's alignment and then randomizes between 0 - last post number for each player. Player gets the role of their alignment in that post.

Players could potentially use this in the same way as Grand Idea Mafia and just random a post and then random 1-10 (1-6 is town, 7-9 is mafia, 10 is third party) to determine which role a player gets.

Blank, off topic, or incomplete posts are replaced with a theoretical
Town Cop
Mafia Godfather
Treestump Eliminator
post.
Spoiler: that post
Town Cop

Each night, may submit a target. You will be informed if that player is
MAFIA
or
NOT MAFIA

Mafia Godfather

Appears like
NOT MAFIA
to Cop investigations.

Treestump Eliminator

Gets the name of a random Town player. Wins if that player is eliminated via vote. Doing so does not end game, simply causes Eliminator to leave.
At night, can submit
Treestump: Self
to become a Treestump. Their role and alignment are flipped and they can no longer vote, but may continue talking for the rest of the game.

Rules:
  • No Townies. Any Townies will instead be treated as a
    Town Businessman

• No Mafia Goons. Any Mafia Goons will instead be treated as a
    Mafia Framer

• Town must be Town. Mafia must be Mafia (not Werewolves or the like.) Third Party go crazy.
  • Doubles are allowed obviously.
  • If you post broken stuff I'm just not going to use them so up to you but yeah.
  • Roles that target other players are preferred but not required.
  • If you have ideas for more rules then just post about it (while posting roles.)
  • Unless otherwise stated, upon completing win condition, the third party player leaves the game and can joint with town or mafia.
Why:
  • So I can make a micro using this thread.
  • Grand Idea doesn't let me do this as easily.
  • Cause even if this is the only post I'm still making the game.
  • Cause one time I played Grand Idea and I got Vanilla Townie and I was very sad.
  • I don't imagine this'll outlive Grand Idea, once it starts to slow down to a stop I'll lock it.
Make a fun role list, go.
Last edited by BBmolla on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:43 am

Post by BBmolla »

Town Roleblocker

Each night, may submit a target. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail.

Mafia Roleblocker

Each night, may submit a target. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail.

Free Spirit

Each night, must submit a target. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail. Wins if successfully prevents a kill in this way.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 am

Post by BBmolla »

Town Cop

MAFIA
or
NOT MAFIA

Mafia Godfather

Appears like
NOT MAFIA
to Cop investigations.

Day Treestump Eliminator

Gets the name of a random Town player. Wins if that player is eliminated via vote. Doing so does not end game, simply causes Eliminator to leave.
During day, can post
Treestump: Self
to become a Treestump. Their role and alignment are flipped and they can no longer vote, but may continue talking for the rest of the game.

and if that's the whole list it'll be an interesting game lol
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #5 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Doctor

Each night, may submit a target. If target player is night killed, prevent it.

Mafia Weak Compulsive Doctor

Each night, must submit a target. If target player is night killed, prevent it. If target player is not Town, you will die.

Defender

Each night, must submit a target. If target player is night killed, prevent it, but you die. Wins if successfully prevents a kill in this way.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

Town Jailkeeper

Each night, may submit a target. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail. If target player is night killed, prevent it.

Mafia Jailkeeper

Each night, may submit a target. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail. If target player is night killed, prevent it.

1-shot Bulletproof Serial Killer

At the start of the game, all other players receive a 1-shot bulletproof vest. Each night, you must submit a target. You will night kill that target. You win if you are the last one standing or nothing can prevent it.

In post 8, Morning Tweet wrote:Trying to think of third party villains that won't cause town to potentially be double killed during night like a Serial Killer would -- for example, this one can only redirect the kill to mafia by protecting a strong town player in the process, which I imagine they will only try to do if mafia is threatening to win.

Are you interested in 3Ps that try to win on their own by eliminating everyone else, or would you prefer third parties in Superb Idea to always be the "Do X to exit game and win" type?
I have absolutely no preference, the only plan I have is to run it as a micro but that isn't to say serial killers and the like can't exist. Just wanted to see what ya'll would come up with.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Compulsive Pulsechecker

Each night, must submit a target. If target player will be successfully killed in any way, receive
DEAD
. If target player does not die, receive
SURVIVED.

Mafia Tailor

Each night, may submit a target. Target player appears opposite to Cop investigations that night.

Compulsive Bodyguard Wagonvengekill Jester

Each night, must submit a target. If target player is targeted by a night kill, you will die instead. You win if you are eliminated during the day. If you are eliminated, a random player is killed on the wagon.

Rules say no Townies (of any kind) and no Mafia Goons, technically a vanilla third party is allowed
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Interrogator

MAFIA
or
NOT MAFIA
. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail. For role interaction purposes you count as a Cop.

Mafia Interrogator

MAFIA
or
NOT MAFIA
. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail. For role interaction purposes you count as a Cop.

Exterminator Jailkeeper

Wins if the first player on a wagon that ends up eliminating a Mafia aligned player. Doing so does not end game, simply causes Eliminator to leave.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Postfinder

Each night, may submit a target. You will be informed of which post that player's role comes from.

Mafia Postfinder

Each night, may submit a target. You will be informed of which post that player's role comes from.

Mastermind Visitor

Pregame, the moderator randoms a Mafia Role from the thread and from a post not already used. Mafia are told there is a Mastermind among them, but in the Role PM your role is stated as that random Mafia role.
Mafia nightkills are done by voting. Mafia vote on who does the nightkill and who is being targeted. These are seperate votes.
You will flip your true role if you die.
You win (and the Mafia lose) if Mafia reach their win condition while you are alive. For purposes of Victory Conditions, you count as a Mafia Member.
Each night, may submit a target. You will visit them.

it's all good got it covered
In post 0, BBmolla wrote:No Townies. Any Townies will instead be treated as a Town Businessman
No Mafia Goons. Any Mafia Goons will instead be treated as a Mafia Framer
Last edited by BBmolla on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Mason

After roles and alignments are generated but before they are sent out, the Mod must tell you to select (number of nontown players + 1) players. Mod randomly choose one of the town players within the group and adds "Mason" to their role.
You know that player to be town. They know you to be town. You can chat at any time in a Mason private topic.

Mafia Strongman Day 2 Self-Vanillaizer

Each night, must submit a target. Your night actions can not be blocked in any way. Day 2 you will become a Mafia Goon.

Demon

If you exist, Mafia each get a 1-shot Bulletproof vest at the start of the game.
Each night, you must submit a target. If the Mafia are alive, their kill will be redirected to your target. Mafia may kill themselves in this way.
You win if you are the last one standing or nothing can prevent it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:37 am

Post by BBmolla »

Town Cop

MAFIA
or
NOT MAFIA

Mafia Cop

MAFIA
or
NOT MAFIA

Prophet

At start of game, predicts what Day the game will end. Wins if the prediction is correct.
Each night, may submit a target. That player's death will not happen until after the next elim. Everyone is informed of this at start of day.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #47 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Dolphin

After the elimination for the day, the mod will post
PLAYER has peformed a flip!

Mafia Dolphin Roleblocker

After the elimination for the day, the mod will post
PLAYER has peformed a flip!

N2 Self-Sacrificing Underdog Amnesiac

You win with the alignment of the first player to be eliminated or nightkilled.
You will gain the role of the first player to be eliminated or nightkilled.
You will unavoidably die during night 2.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #73 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Random Mafia Role

Random a number from 0 to the final post in the Superb Idea Thread. You have the Mafia Role from that post but your alignment is Town.

Mafia Random Town Role

Random a number from 0 to the final post in the Superb Idea Thread. You have the Town Role from that post but your alignment is Mafia.

Jack of all Trades (1-shot Dayvig, 1-shot Watcher, 1-shot Tracker) Melomaniac

You win (and exit the game) if you are alive and the game is in MELO. (miseliminate and lose) If it's ever LILO (eliminate and lose) and you're alive, you will be self-sacrificed.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #74 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Tattletale Compulsive Slapper

Mafia do not get a private topic until you are dead. A random mafia member will be prompted to nightkill someone until that happens.
Each night, must submit a target. Target player will be role blocked and receive a message saying that you are the one who slapped them.

Mafia Reflexive Millerizer

Anyone who visits you will be Millerized (role removed, new role is Miller) at the start of the day.

Sniper Compulsive Jailkeeper

Change one Town player's role and alignment into "Compulsive Neighborizer Target: You win, if you do not get shot by the sniper. Each night, must submit a target. That player will be added to your neighborhood."
At any time during the day, the Sniper may publicly "Shoot: PLAYER." If that Player is the Target, the Sniper wins.
Each night, must submit a target. If target player performs any night actions, they will fail. If target player is night killed, prevent it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #76 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Doctor

Each night, may submit a target. If target player is night killed, prevent it.

Mafia Weak Compulsive Doctor

Each night, must submit a target. If target player is night killed, prevent it. If target player is not Town, you will die.

Defender

Each night, must submit a target. If target player is night killed, prevent it, but you die. Wins if successfully prevents a kill in this way.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #86 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town Lighthearted Cop

NOT MAFIA
. If they are
MAFIA
, you will instead get
NO RESULT
as if you were roleblocked.

Mafia Announcing Roleblockercop

Each night, may submit a target. You will be informed of that player's role and they will be roleblocked.
Target player is informed that a Roleblockercop visited them.

The Ugly

During the day, if you have placed your second vote of the day, you will instead shoot both your first and second votes.
If one is Town and one is Mafia, you win. Otherwise, you lose. Either way, you exit the game.
If a victory condition is reached before you shoot, you lose the game.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”