TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:31 am

Post by unwnd »

...You know exactly what I'm talking about?
Stop
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:31 am

Post by hercule »

maybe a little less. anyway. this is where the coffee has kicked in LOL back to the thread
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:32 am

Post by innocentvillager »

no I honestly do not understand what you are trying to say
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 247, hercule wrote:
In post 158, Hopkirk wrote:@hercule - are you an alt of anyone? you read like an alt of someone
reading thru the game rn - uhh I mean I am not an alt of anyone on mafiascum. My homesite I play on is epicmafia, my account there is called shady or shady12. I've played one mafiascum game and it was a newbie game.
hm, i'm not sure i buy it. i'm getting strong vibes that you're an alt of this guy: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33678
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:36 am

Post by hercule »

In post 159, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 147, Dannflor wrote:
In post 140, the worst wrote:they're making towny noises and want people to townread them so I'm obliging! i'll work out if I'm wrong later. Where u at on them?
maybe town? idk I'm more in a wait-and-see kinda mode. I vaguely liked his real time interaction with me just because it felt easy for him and unforced. but he really seems like a player I need to watch develop over a longer period of time especially to see if he maintains the same level of excitement and activity that he claims is emblematic of his town game

I was a little curious about your initial town read just because hercule has no meta on this site and the "excited hyperposter" poster persona is not one I've come to see as more town than not, in fact I think a lot of scum players default to that style at least at the start of the game in order to cover their weaknesses -- this is kind of a similar thought to unwnd's read on innocent villager. Anyway, I was wondering why you were so quick on the read given hercule could be a very experienced player and it didn't seem you had any history with them

that's briefly what I thought when I voted you and then I was like... nah that's probably stupid and voted ythan

it wasn't that deep beyond me having a moment of hesitation reading your posts and then just deciding to shelve it for later instead
In post 148, Dannflor wrote:I think hercule is an easy town read to make and I suppose could be town

but specifically I was stopped at your posts just because I know you as someone who tends to go below the surface level and then go a little deeper

granted page 1 but yknow
agreeing with this and liking Dann's thought process.
i'm feeling hercule is easy to townbin but also maybe
too easy
for scum to just townbin. slight eh on the worst

time to see what read hectic posting in the discord earlier
well since you have commented on this already, I had taken some notes that I also really liked Dann's thought process here. I think they are my top townread atm, I noticed the natural seeming progression from to , aka they asked a question but it was with intent to follow-up, and it felt genuine. I also think his approach of wariness to me is good because that's how I approach slots I don't have meta on - assume high scumrange. And I also agree that one of the slots that townread me off the bat is probably scum considering how many there were with similar reasons, I marked innocentvillager or xtoxm or the worst as possible TMI type reads
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:37 am

Post by hercule »

In post 253, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 158, Hopkirk wrote:@hercule - are you an alt of anyone? you read like an alt of someone
reading thru the game rn - uhh I mean I am not an alt of anyone on mafiascum. My homesite I play on is epicmafia, my account there is called shady or shady12. I've played one mafiascum game and it was a newbie game.
hm, i'm not sure i buy it. i'm getting strong vibes that you're an alt of this guy: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33678
If you're joking it missed the mark for me, maybe that's some known troll or something LOL

if you're being serious well... oka can prob back me up from his teammate dkkoba who plays there too
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:37 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 252, innocentvillager wrote:no I honestly do not understand what you are trying to say
In a span of roughly ~40-50 minutes starting from your #182 - #213

You changed your vote about like..4 times. Moreover, this all just reads like a thought traffic jam. What point is there to list out these inconsequential townreads on like AGar/Dannflor inbetween the posts where you're sussing people out. It's busywork and fake solving. These are things either meant to stay in your head or your PT.
Stop
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Dann and Dunn are at the top of my town list. want to discuss who else to remove from the POE with hectic when he's free
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:38 am

Post by hercule »

oh dude I totally fucked those post links up lmaoooo rip
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:39 am

i don’t understand why you are singling me out for giving my reads on the gamestate as it comes to me
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 177, Winter Flakes wrote:Hi. Uncrowned here.

Ythan is Town.

ABR is probably Town.

Dunnstral is probably Town.

Hopkirk's reasoning on JV's intro is reasonable, but I believe it is NAI for JV given the history between them, myself and The Worst.

I don't think a teammate reading the game is indicative of anything, but I guess I get the sentiment?

I don't think The Worst has been that awkward, I think that's just how he be sometimes.

Can you either post on the Uncrowned account or officially sub in on this one? Doing what you're doing now might seriously fuck up my VCA.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 255, hercule wrote:
If you're joking it missed the mark for me, maybe that's some known troll or something LOL

if you're being serious well... oka can prob back me up from his teammate dkkoba who plays there too
if anyone ask if i'm serious i'm happy to explain whether a comment is serious or whether i was joking, then proceed to explain and ruin the joke.
i was joking. i linked someone who was going to be on our team mafia team last year but had to sub out before they could start. i am accepting that you are who you say you are and anything else i've said casting doubt on your identitity is memeing.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 182, innocentvillager wrote:town: hercule, Dannflor, AGar

conflicted: the worst/Daddisi hydra

scum: VOTE: unwnd
How is Agar town?

Daddisi hydra? This is a normal and team mafia.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:43 am

Post by hercule »

In post 261, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 255, hercule wrote:

if anyone ask if i'm serious i'm happy to explain whether a comment is serious or whether i was joking, then proceed to explain and ruin the joke.
i was joking. i linked someone who was going to be on our team mafia team last year but had to sub out before they could start. i am accepting that you are who you say you are and anything else i've said casting doubt on your identitity is memeing.
ahh yes nice, a joke towards me when I'm prob the only person who wouldn't get it :P
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:44 am

agar weak but I do explain it later

Daddisi hydra was a joke because worsty made a reference to Datisi scumreading me (I assume)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 238, Winter Flakes wrote:FWIW I think it's worth mentioning that that game isn't a great representation of my town-game, at least in my opinion.
In post 239, Winter Flakes wrote:So just looking back through my ISO of that game, I was actually hard TRing ABR for most of it.
In post 240, Winter Flakes wrote:In fact, I was TRing him so hard that he thought I was attempting to buddy him, and thus he put a SR on me for it.
In post 241, Winter Flakes wrote:Towards the end of the game my opinion was definitely swaying on him though, which is more representative of that tossing and turning mentality you were talking about.

These four posts could easily be one. Please try to watch the post count guys.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:45 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 259, innocentvillager wrote:i don’t understand why you are
singling me out for giving my reads on the gamestate as it comes to me
If you're thinking at the pace you're doing right now as town you're not playing D1 right. I don't believe you're that sloppy. Moreover, what good is a read that you're just going to flop on within 10 minutes anyway?

Like, why even vote me then say 'idk maybe not but im looking at you'
Stop
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Titus »

In post 243, unwnd wrote:IV

You still have nervous energy

The best way I would further describe what seems to be wrong with you is that you believe solving to be a catch-all towntell, but it's like

Page 10? What necessity is there to solve on page 10. Changing your mind or seeming like 'oh man, I'm just so worried about everything!' does not make you town

If you are town, stop forcing yourself to do things thanks
Town
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:46 am

Post by hercule »

In post 160, Hopkirk wrote:Hectic's reads (heavily reworded to avoid quoting)
-townpings from 80 from Ythan and was vibing with DGB's attacks earlier (nice)
I want to follow up on this because I have been scumleaning Ythan a bit for saying they were "vibing with DGB." when DGB did nothing to vibe with?? I am pretty sure their posts to that point of the game were just intentionally provoking me, whereas Ythan later said they were just voting me for RVS so it seemed like they were just buddying with DGB. Can you explain what Hectic genuinely liked about the posts? Maybe I am missing something
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

he thinks he liked ythan because they were vibing on pooky you as your first two posts were a bit nervous and it was a good attack to put you under pressure if you were already nervous as scum
i'mma gonna go read back and see what he means
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

the vibe he got from DGB was how she was attacking you in particular
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

pooky = poking
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:54 am

Post by hercule »

In post 269, Hopkirk wrote:he thinks he liked ythan because they were vibing on pooky you as your first two posts were a bit nervous and it was a good attack to put you under pressure if you were already nervous as scum
i'mma gonna go read back and see what he means
I distinctly remember DGB's first 3 posts to be contentless except to provoke me, and they never bothered answering questions in response to the point that I ultimately just ignored them. I think it's most likely just a reaction test but it made me sus that Ythan was "vibing" with them unless they were also just trying to get more reactions?? It felt more like a buddying attempt to me, like haha yeah we are both voting the same person wow we are towny haha such vibes
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:55 am

I don’t know that I am going to flop on a read 10 min later when I make it, lol, it just looks that way in hindsight

I like interacting with people and giving stances even if I am “forcing myself to do things”

But i can respect the suggestion to change my out of the gate D1 playstyle to be a little bit less hyper SOC and a bit more thoughtful so I Will lean more in that direction
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:55 am

Post by hercule »

In post 270, Hopkirk wrote:the vibe he got from DGB was how she was attacking you in particular
maybe yeah, to me it depends on what they got out of the push. still not fully caught up yet just wanted to talk about this while it was fresh on my mind

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”