TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:56 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Ftr, I am kind of feeling you as town now (yes, I am going to say it here instead of “head/PT”)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 268, hercule wrote:whereas Ythan later said they were just voting me for RVS
Where the hell did I say this?????
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:58 am

Post by unwnd »

My question to you is again why

I feel this type of game especially makes it so posts can be more focused, because not only do you have yourself

You have like 4 different people who are willing to give you insight
Stop
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:00 am

Post by innocentvillager »

no one is really on rn from my DC tbh

Sirius is sleeping/idk if he’s gonna read my game tbh lol
Ico is V/LA
Gypyx is the only one I’m really talking to atm but I don’t think he’s caught up with my game yet
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:00 am

Post by hercule »

In post 276, Ythan wrote:
In post 268, hercule wrote:whereas Ythan later said they were just voting me for RVS
Where the hell did I say this?????
well judging by this reaction maybe I misinterpreted, one sec I will quote.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:02 am

Post by hercule »

In post 96, the worst wrote:
In post 44, Ythan wrote:Just do what feels right and folks will deal with it. Here watch.

VOTE: hercule
I love this one less but we shall see what we see
In post 66, Dannflor wrote:hercule you mentioned that you were really excited to get this game started this morning, does your enthusiasm vary by alignment at all?

by extension is your activity generally similar (and I assume high) as both alignments?
dann my man please circle back to this after herc replies because I know you're better than this question in isolation :P
In post 98, Ythan wrote:Rvs is a thing WE KNOW THIS
first of all I am very proud of myself for successful multi-quoting

but you posted this one post after the worst commented on your bad vote on me, so I assumed you were giving an explanation for your actions. I guess you may have been referring to the post in the middle but it was about someone else so I assumed you were replying to the one directly mentioning you
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

how are you reading Ythan and DGB @Herc?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:05 am

Post by hercule »

In post 281, Hopkirk wrote:how are you reading Ythan and DGB @Herc?
I don't see the townreads on Ythan that others have suggested, they're firmly in my POE. I'm on page 9 of reading the thread, if DGB hasn't posted anything else then I would just put them as null atm
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:10 am

Post by hercule »

To expand on Ythan, I think they over-reacted to my early push on them, I was just poking around and it was page 1, like it's not that serious, and they turned it into a full-blown OMGUS and then said they were "vibing" with someone who basically was just posting nonsense into the thread, in a way that seemed like it was just in self-defense. Most charitable reading of DGB's posts to that point in the game was reaction test, I don't see how you vibe with a reaction test. That's ridiculous to me. I think it's plausible that scum!Ythan saw it as an easy way to make an entrance into the thread, something they could take a bite out of
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:12 am

Post by hercule »

How do you vibe with someone's whose only points are that I'm a) nervous (i'm not) and b) lying about being bored?? LMAO like get out of here with that
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 284, hercule wrote:How do you vibe with someone's whose only points are that I'm a) nervous (i'm not) and b) lying about being bored?? LMAO like get out of here with that
vibing on sus of you?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 80, Ythan wrote:Dgb idr if we've ever played a game together but it's a delight to be vibing with you.
In post 83, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 80, Ythan wrote:Dgb idr if we've ever played a game together but it's a delight to be vibing with you.
We played before and we been vibin' forever!
like this feels like a reasonable thing to say?
it feels like you don't like them both & you think one is buddying the other, so i think i'm missing something about what you're saying/could you clarify
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 284, hercule wrote:How do you vibe with someone's whose only points are that I'm a) nervous (i'm not) and b) lying about being bored?? LMAO like get out of here with that
I've known dgb for twelve years.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

you're sure it's not more like eleven and a bit?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

hey hercule, has the ringer your team brought in been reading?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 287, Ythan wrote:
I've known dgb for twelve years.
I've known her for 14 years, why you gotta write out the number like that to make yourself seem more serious? lol
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:26 am

Post by unwnd »

Just going to post a bit of my thoughts on the current gamestate

I think scum want to establish presence earlier in the game rather than later. Sorting comes when the thread starts to lose momentum and scum start posting with agenda. I do not necessarily feel anyone has a distinctive agenda that I could point out right now, but I do feel halfway decent about where my vote is now. I am very biased towards people who bring inference in reads so early on, because it always just seems like busyscum instead of busytown. Town doesn't have the tools to sort like that at this point, it's all just educated guessing. The reason I find IV so suspect is that he's made his process of guessing the defining factor. That process alone feels fabricated and unnatural in accordance to what comes of it. Hercule gives me (bluntly put) zoomer town energy so despite what I said about (scum wanting to establish presence) their posts are vastly different in proportion to someone like IV.
Stop
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:29 am

Post by hercule »

In post 285, Hopkirk wrote:
vibing on sus of you?
I mean I feel like that's not really strong enough right, you have to actually evaluate what people are saying. Does town really just latch on to whoever is pushing on the person who was pushing on them without reading the merits of the case? Seems more like a scum mindset to me

in regards to your reply that you posted while I was submitting:

Ok let me try to elaborate on this as clearly as I can and not just coffee-post

To me, there are a couple of things that led me to reading this as a buddy attempt. Let's look at the timeline.

1. I push on Ythan at beginning of the day, nothing serious my teammate Super just said she thought Ythan's comment about not reading my post was off, I agreed, so I pushed it a bit

2. Ythan's response is to basically attack me for daring to push on them, leading to them OMGUS voting me.

3. DGB comes in with what I consider to be a basically nonsense push. I guess I have the insight that I am town and am not nervous, but they basically were accusing me of my tone being scummy. Best case scenario, they just can't read my tone because I come from a different playstyle and site. Neutral case, they are just reaction testing me. Worst case, scum motivated. At this moment in time, it seems to me to just be a reaction test considering how they didn't follow up or respond to questionings. They appear to just be seeking a reaction from me. Fair enough, that's null to me. I will read more of them later.

4. Ythan says they are vibing with DGB. It pinged me because I feel that to any objective observer, DGB's push was fluff. There is no content there to interact or vibe with. Therefore, the only thing Ythan can be vibing with is the simple fact they are voting me. But I don't feel that vibing with someone who is voting the person who pushed on you is really a town mindset? It felt to me like Ythan was just trying to buddy DGB for the mere fact they were voting me and to try to gain some footing in the game.

That's the entirety of my read and I don't think I can explain it any better. Maybe the use of the word "vibe" just threw me off because I was so not vibing with DGB. I thought DGB's push was so blatantly fake so it's hard for me to imagine anyone vibing with it

edit: o lord more posts, uhhh ythan has known them for 12 years ok idk what that is supposed to mean

edit: a ringer? idk who you are referring to we are all friends from epicmafia. petapan has been reading the game and has a few reads, super was reading last night and will today, spf prob will today, I am going to read their games today too #4/4towngods
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:30 am

Post by hercule »

i feel like so many posts came in while I was posting that my post is now incoherent
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Hopkirk »

was it really a case?
the merits of the case?
in rvs? push yeah, but i don't think they'd call it a case either?

i've been told one of your teammates is one of the best all time town players on mafia universe, can they bring in the solve?
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:38 am

Post by hercule »

In post 294, Hopkirk wrote:was it really a case?
the merits of the case?
in rvs? push yeah, but i don't think they'd call it a case either?

i've been told one of your teammates is one of the best all time town players on mafia universe, can they bring in the solve?
mm yeah that's more of a turn of phrase I was using than actually saying they were casing me

ahh you must be referring to spf :P I won't comment on that cuz I think I can scumhunt just as well. but yes, you will have many eyes on this game and mafia should tremble at the thought. we will seek and destroy scum like a predator missile. the human embodiment of a quadruple drone strike. 4 town sweeps incoming
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:40 am

Post by hercule »

(i am just teasing, i am not COMPLETELY arrogant. i'm sure there are great town and scum players on this site and i don't think i am better than y'all or anything.)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i should probably comment that i don't have a read on DGB whatsoever and kind of liked the vibes from ythan since i'm not sure if i said that before anytime

SPF i've been told is VERY good. i'm looking forward to hearing their reads, are they agreeing with you right now or have they not weighed in?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

ha, you may have 3 pals you can rely on constantly looking at the game but i have uh... like maybe hectic when he feels like it at some point hopefully
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:47 am

Post by unwnd »

I think trying to read players on how good/bad they are just makes your own thoughts unstable. Mafia isn't like a tradtional game, the concept of good/bad doesn't feel very defined

I'm not sure why this is something you want to lean on Hopkirk
Stop

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”