TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 228, Winter Flakes wrote:1: It's a vanity.

2: I haven't commented on any of the others slots that have really been under pressure this game yet (Hercule, Innocent)

3: No-one else has called much attention to the slot yet.

I think with these facts alone, it's at least a reasonable assumption to think you'd take SOME interest in it, is it not?
it really isn't and this whole line of attack was bizarre
In post 233, Winter Flakes wrote:I'm sensing that there's a disconnect between us that might be boiled down to more of a miscommunication than anything.

Do you have any thoughts on A50 as of right now, or no?
but, this transition from seeming to care about this issue and think it was an important point to "lol miscommunication" (which i don't think it was) was the thing that actually pinged me rather than just being strange
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 378, innocentvillager wrote:why are you analyzing this reaction in isolation without at all commenting on the followup conversation we had? what did you think of that?
oh I forgot to respond to this

I think the main issue I'm having even with your later response to unwnd is that I'm not really tracking your thought process at all. It seems far too influenced by other players or worse just seems to randomly change without much transparency into why your thoughts are changing. I have no issue with sudden changes of mind but I think I'm losing some of the process behind these read changes.

As far as your interaction with unwnd, I like how you came around to understanding him I was just shocked by your initial reaction that seemed more interested in shooting him down than actually understanding. I might've read too much into that one post in particular but it's what caught my eye right away this morning.

Mostly I'm interested in how your read on unwnd evolved from that and how exactly
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

Winter Flakes and Hopkirk had a bunch of interaction a few pages ago that I thought was vaguely towny from both of them when I was first skimming it. Reading it back though I'm less impressed with Winter Flakes just because of the amount of spent on meta and past games that seems more like busy work than anything else. I still maintain my town read on Hopkirk though
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 260, Titus wrote:
In post 177, Winter Flakes wrote:Hi. Uncrowned here.

Ythan is Town.

ABR is probably Town.

Dunnstral is probably Town.

Hopkirk's reasoning on JV's intro is reasonable, but I believe it is NAI for JV given the history between them, myself and The Worst.

I don't think a teammate reading the game is indicative of anything, but I guess I get the sentiment?

I don't think The Worst has been that awkward, I think that's just how he be sometimes.

Can you either post on the Uncrowned account or officially sub in on this one? Doing what you're doing now might seriously fuck up my VCA.
oh no, heaven forbid
Bartleby the Scrivener
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 372, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 369, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 327, implosion wrote:innocentvillager (4): unwnd, Dunnstral, Dannflor, OkaPoka
This is a travesty
is the travesty too many on IV or not enough on your scumread (presumably Dann)

and why not weigh in on DGB while you're here, it's pretty fun
Too much

DGB is probably scum
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 282, hercule wrote:
In post 281, Hopkirk wrote:how are you reading Ythan and DGB @Herc?
I don't see the townreads on Ythan that others have suggested, they're firmly in my POE. I'm on page 9 of reading the thread, if DGB hasn't posted anything else then I would just put them as null atm
you have a POE on page 10?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Hopkirk »

dgb i liked before i started interacting with them, then them responding as though
you gonna claim you've being 'sleeping' or 'working' or 'spending time with your family' or some other bullshit excuse? spare me.
this was fully serious felt... really weird. like idk if i'm misreading 363, i asked Flopz and he had the same interpretation as me, but that doesn't feel like he's engaging in good faith as in engaging as though he's trying to solve me? the exchange kinda feels like he thinks i'm fully serious, SRing him, and he doesn't want to back down.

I'm not really a fan of the 'oh well how about i vig shoot you' line he made which feels really posturey. Not pointing to specifics also feels kind of weird since if it's legit shouldn't he think that wins the 1v1? Instead he responds to other stuff, throws shade at me, then leaves. I'm not saying that leaving is bad, but the focus seems kind of off for someone who's got a solid case on why they think they won the election/hard SR me.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know DGB so I can't really tell if the uber serious stuff is a personality quirk or not

gut reaction I don't like it but part of that is also just because I disagree with its reads
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 405, Cephrir wrote:
I don't see the townreads on Ythan that others have suggested, they're firmly in my POE. I'm on page 9 of reading the thread, if DGB hasn't posted anything else then I would just put them as null atm
Oh I missed that good job Ceph.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@AGAR: Interested in Reckoner's thoughts on the game btw if he has any.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

I noticed hercule also was saying stuff like he "flipped town," which isn't how I'd normally use that terminology

so I kinda wonder if that's a difference in like site culture or something

otherwise I'd love to know the full POE
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Ythan and Herc i feel is kinda TvT, not really sure I get the conflict. Could you talk to me about it Ythan?

how drunk are you btw Ythan? i could go over to the SE and see if you've been posting anywhere and try to judge from there, but easier to just ask tbh. I remember townspewing (then getting voted off) a lot while I got a little too drunk in last team mafia... do you drunken townspew too?
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 am

Post by hercule »

In post 405, Cephrir wrote:
yeah I mean, I'm constantly building a POE. I just start with the playerlist and move names up and down as I see fit. As of the time of that post and still, Ythan's name was at the very bottom of my list, meaning he is in the POE for me. Obviously it's in flux. There's a section of like 8 names I haven't even moved from the middle nor do I feel urgency to do so
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Sounds like Poe might mean something slightly different (but similar) on epicmafia. Most people here would use it to mean what's left after removing scumreads. Well, I thought they did but it's possible I'm using it wrong too.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 411, Hopkirk wrote:Ythan and Herc i feel is kinda TvT, not really sure I get the conflict. Could you talk to me about it Ythan?
I haven't really been building a case specifically or anything just the observations I've been posting. Is there any specific bit you'd like to talk about?
In post 411, Hopkirk wrote:how drunk are you btw Ythan? i could go over to the SE and see if you've been posting anywhere and try to judge from there, but easier to just ask tbh. I remember townspewing (then getting voted off) a lot while I got a little too drunk in last team mafia... do you drunken townspew too?
I've got a pretty good buzz actually and I do feel like it's a good opportunity to be more obvtown than usual but that's probably not true because I guess you could just fake it I you were a sociopath I'M NOT THOUGH
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:18 am

Post by hercule »

the POE to me is... let me see if I can explain it

if you order everyone in the game from towniest to scummiest, the POE is everyone under the line you draw at the exact point where you could chop everyone under it and not lose. So hopefully it contains all the scum. But it's just a tool for boxing wolves in, obviously a deepwolf would be someone outside of it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 413, Hopkirk wrote:Sounds like Poe might mean something slightly different (but similar) on epicmafia.
And chance anyone in this game or a teammate can weigh in on this?
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:21 am

Post by hercule »

so my process is usually just ordering and re-ordering the player list until I have tiers I am comfortable with, aka locktown, think they're town, have said towny things, all the way down to scummy. and then just re-evaluating it and re-evaluating it and building consensus / bouncing my ordering off others
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

ythan what are your strongest feels at the moment about the game or specific players
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 414, Ythan wrote:
In post 411, Hopkirk wrote:Ythan and Herc i feel is kinda TvT, not really sure I get the conflict. Could you talk to me about it Ythan?
I haven't really been building a case specifically or anything just the observations I've been posting. Is there any specific bit you'd like to talk about?
In post 411, Hopkirk wrote:how drunk are you btw Ythan? i could go over to the SE and see if you've been posting anywhere and try to judge from there, but easier to just ask tbh. I remember townspewing (then getting voted off) a lot while I got a little too drunk in last team mafia... do you drunken townspew too?
I've got a pretty good buzz actually and I do feel like it's a good opportunity to be more obvtown than usual but that's probably not true because I guess you could just fake it I you were a sociopath I'M NOT THOUGH
Actually your thoughts on DGB (more in ration to herc than my toxic 1v1 with them) could be good. How do you feel about how herc is characterizing those interactions?

I'm glad you're not a sociopath :]
In post 416, Ythan wrote:
In post 413, Hopkirk wrote:Sounds like Poe might mean something slightly different (but similar) on epicmafia.
And chance anyone in this game or a teammate can weigh in on this?
I think that's team epicmafia essentially, but it's not an out there explaination, there's probably plenty of people here who define Poe in that way or similar.

The difference to mine is that his is (bottom X) as opposed to (unsorted and I'm aware this includes town)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

i'm baffled as to how dgb thinks she has anything here the reactions she's gotten haven't read scummy to me at all
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 378, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 325, Dannflor wrote:
In post 249, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 243, unwnd wrote:IV

You still have nervous energy

The best way I would further describe what seems to be wrong with you is that you believe solving to be a catch-all towntell, but it's like

Page 10? What necessity is there to solve on page 10. Changing your mind or seeming like 'oh man, I'm just so worried about everything!' does not make you town

If you are town, stop forcing yourself to do things thanks
bro what are you even talking about lol
This feels like a very awkward response to what I read as a very genuine towny reach out. Personally, that's not how I would react to something like unwnd's post and innocent villager's response here seems devoid of actually trying to understand unwnd or really dig deeper into the reasons people are sorting IV as scummy

I suppose there is something to be said for not taking the easy olive branch, but on the whole it feels more dismissive than anything else, which doesn't really feel like a town approach to the game in general but certainly not this sort of attempted engagement
why are you analyzing this reaction in isolation without at all commenting on the followup conversation we had? what did you think of that?

i genuinely think what unwnd said in that particular post was confusing and i was saying, albeit in a bit of a snippy way, that his accusation was not making sense
that isn't what you said at all? you specifically were questioned about this and said you genuinely didn't understand him, and that's different from the accusation not making sense
(i'm also very lost as to how that completely plain english post apparently was hard to understand)
Bartleby the Scrivener
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:33 am

Post by OkaPoka »

dkkoba, our team's resident epicmafia expert, believes that the description hercule has for poe is fine

although i will add that not doing process of elimination stuff for PoE is strange but whatever

dkkoba has also asked me to do other things wrt to hercule but dkkoba isn't playing this game
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I won't bother asking hectic if he picked up any of their lingo while he was playing 'down under'.

Can you remind me roughly what you've done this game Oka?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:36 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 423, Hopkirk wrote:I won't bother asking hectic if he picked up any of their lingo while he was playing 'down under'.

Can you remind me roughly what you've done this game Oka?
voting innocent villager is really the most important thing ive done so far

other than that ive talked to people i guess

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”