Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:34 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 617, Zaiden wrote:As for Spring Breeze, I literally don't understand how talking in poems makes people think they're good. How is it they can say 'I think SFP is good because I think SFP is good' and that's somehow not flimsy. And something I actually say with substantiation is therefore flimsy??? @_@.
big @_@ back at you, zaiden, what are you reading, no one has said they found my poems townie, and i found spf towny because of their logic/deduction posts about noraa and jake.
Kanna of The Four Seasons.
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 610, Pink Ball wrote:VOTE: Spring Breeze
also, explanation please
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:35 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 616, Cheetory6 wrote:I think maria's gut is probably more accurate/reliable than my headspace right now and I'd ideally like to coordinate with people I think are town.
is there an explanation for maria!town?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Gypyx »

random though but scum prob has an item theif
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:23 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 601, Cheetory6 wrote:
@pooky
are your teammates touching this game at all?
nancy says noraa is 100% obvtown and there is no way noraa is scum here.

koba says spf is meta-scummy for being agenda-y and trying to maintain herself above a POE.

oka poka didn't say anything.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:25 am

In post 617, Zaiden wrote:Anyway, I've literally had no response to any question I've asked about Pooky. So I'm just going to assume this is the usual for them? It's actually driving me insane. As for Spring Breeze, I literally don't understand how talking in poems makes people think they're good. How is it they can say 'I think SFP is good because I think SFP is good' and that's somehow not flimsy. And something I actually say with substantiation is therefore flimsy??? @_@.
you could just ask hectic about me

we are soul masons
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:27 am

In post 622, Spring Breeze wrote:i am soul-telling! i want nothing more than to lock hearts with you in this game and ride off into the sunset. i can do no more else i cut my heart out and lay it on a plate in front of you, my love, but i expect you wouldn't be so cruel... do you have a read on me at all?
I will have to take time to write a proper response to this. but you can know now that my heart is yours fully.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:40 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

I'm caught up to here, nothing to add at the moment.
alt of MURDERCAT
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 617, Zaiden wrote:I can understand why Cheetory would think I'm bad based off my opening post. I was taking the mick in some senses. But I didn't mean any harm by it. I came up with it entirely by myself. And the only input my team had was the handmade modkill meme and telling me to include a blacklist. So I don't know if Flopz/Hectic/Hopkirk have done anything weird on this site. But I feel like I'm also being judged by my association with them, and not for who I actually am as a player and person.

Additionally, I honestly don't get why people are voting for Gamma.

What was the issue with their vote on Jake and why is being pedantic an issue? From my perspective, Gamma hasn't done anything wrong. And Jake is probably my heaviest scumlean atm based on what I've said before, about how they aren't really engaging with Gamma or others in good faith. The questions they've asked seem pretty agenda driven to me. I'm really not convinced by this wagon onto Gamma and would like to ask Jake and others if there's some unexplained meta going on here.

Vote: JakeTheWolf

Anyway, I've literally had no response to any question I've asked about Pooky. So I'm just going to assume this is the usual for them? It's actually driving me insane. As for Spring Breeze, I literally don't understand how talking in poems makes people think they're good. How is it they can say 'I think SFP is good because I think SFP is good' and that's somehow not flimsy. And something I actually say with substantiation is therefore flimsy??? @_@.

I seriously feel like I'm visiting a completely different countr/culture that abides by a different set of logical values that has some occasional overlaps with my own, in terms of what's just accepted at face value. But I guess it's a learning curve. The onus is on me to become accustomed to this culture, show I'm working hard to help solve the game and that I can be trusted as a member of town.

If you don't know why I am voting Gamma, then you haven't been paying attention.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 617, Zaiden wrote:Additionally, I honestly don't get why people are voting for Gamma.
Him posting that weird comment to Jake right after I said I was considering townreading him for doing nothing felt forced. At the very least, I would expect a town Gamma to engage with me on why he is playing like this.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Zaiden »

I've played with some strange people. But some of you take the cake for strangest people I've ever played with.

I think Spring Breeze's push onto me is questionable as heck. I apologise if I offended you for calling you a simpathiser. But your reaction to me comes across more like personal dislike/reaction to my previous vote on you, as opposed to coming from a place of good reason and genuine logic. For now I have Spring Breeze/Pooky as nulls. The way they play the game is beyond confusing for me, maybe it didn't help I personally attacked them (for which I'm sorry), but my frustration come from a place of not understanding what both of you post and why you post like that. And it doesn't help that no one's answering my questions. I've asked like every single time and no one is fucking saying anything and I really hate it.

In retrospect, after reading through the thread without being sleep deprived, I think Gamma's unwillingness to talk about reads/thoughts on the game state when pushed for it seems pretty bad. But I think MWB did mention what would scum Gamma have to gain from posting like that? Would jester be bastard or non-bastard in this setup?

@cheetory you won't like it but that's just my playstyle for early. I don't think it's fair to expect someone to be able to write a doctorate thesis on deep reads when I have no history of playing with people here/knowing their habits. You say meta isn't important, but it feels like you expect me to somehow be the same as everyone else going off vibes from prior experience/be able to tell what player based scum slips are, which I would personally classify as meta. Like what even???

I like Gypyx's discussion about the setup here. I don't know how the setups would typically be balanced on this site, so it's useful hearing about the kind of possibilities. I was kind of expecting the usual doctor and cop + mafia roleblocker but didn't consider what roles there could be depending on the flavour behind this setup. I think a fruit stealer would make sense. We need to set up watch in the

I also don't understand this random vote on Pooky from SFP. I've been asking about Pooky all this time and you NEVER tried to follow/engage with me on it. And now that I've decided to move on from it you decide to make your move. WTF? It's shit like this that makes this game so frustrating.

Finally, I don't want to end on a negative note. Is anyone else watching Mushoku Tensei from this season? That show is the grandfather of modern isekai and it's definitely one of the grandest fantasy adventures I've had the pleasure of reading. It's not perfect. But it's my favourite light novel and I really recommend the anime adaptation.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:05 am

Post by midwaybear »

I’m not really hard scumreading Gamma because his play still doesn’t make sense from a scum standpoint, but I’d still like to get inside his head for a bit and get an answer of why his approach as been this.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 635, Zaiden wrote:In retrospect, after reading through the thread without being sleep deprived, I think Gamma's unwillingness to talk about reads/thoughts on the game state when pushed for it seems pretty bad. But I think MWB did mention what would scum Gamma have to gain from posting like that? Would jester be bastard or non-bastard in this setup?
Jester is usually considered to be Bastard.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:08 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 635, Zaiden wrote:And it doesn't help that no one's answering my questions. I've asked like every single time and no one is fucking saying anything and I really hate it.
Yeah, so in a previous game, Pooky and Spring Breeze were masons who sorta had to find each other. They made pretty elaborate breadcrumbs similar to this in order to “find” each other. I agree that Pooky’s play has definitely been frustrating. He hasn’t posted a lot of content so far, and it does seem like people are giving him a bit of a free pass. I think what Spring Breeze has been posting as of late has been OK, but I’ll take a look back.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:16 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 635, Zaiden wrote:everyone else going off vibes from prior experience/be able to tell what player based scum slips are
Who has been doing this? I might have missed this, but I haven’t really gotten the feeling that most people are using meta to scumread others.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 635, Zaiden wrote:I was kind of expecting the usual doctor and cop + mafia roleblocker but didn't consider what roles there could be depending on the flavour behind this setup.

I'd adviqe checking the wiki for a general idea of what we could have

Also, highly doubt we have a jester. Don't worry about that
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:35 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 635, Zaiden wrote:@cheetory you won't like it but that's just my playstyle for early. I don't think it's fair to expect someone to be able to write a doctorate thesis on deep reads when I have no history of playing with people here/knowing their habits. You say meta isn't important, but it feels like you expect me to somehow be the same as everyone else going off vibes from prior experience/be able to tell what player based scum slips are, which I would personally classify as meta. Like what even???
So in my experience there's a spectrum of mafia playstyle between impulse and logic. Players who play off the cuff and use vibes to try to figure things out are generally easier to read off of their tone/activity.
To me you fall on the wayyy other end of the spectrum of calculated and logical, which is fine, if that was unclear. It's just harder for me to get a handle on someone whose content-posting is a lot more curated/prepared.
(especially when I just want to be lazy and respond to everything without having to read back :P)

Digging into your votes so far, we've got:
1. An RVS vote on Pooky.
2. A vote on Spring which is essentially a reactionary vote to Spring voting you in RVS.
3. A vote on Jake for not engaging others in good faith.

The vote on Spring is a little odd because you came into the game with an RVS vote and seem to understand the implication that people in this game vote randomly. So to question Spring about why she voted you seems kind of like busywork? Can you walk me through what your thought process was there?
Zaiden wrote:3. I think we should be looking at Jake as a candidate for our D1 eject because they're saying it's bad to target LHF. At first I thought this meant he was referring to other players, and maybe he was protecting his own scum teammates from scrutiny. But after reading through it more carefully the LHF Jake was talking about was actually himself. I still don't think it's a good defence though or even a legitimate point against SPF. If I was accused of being LHF, my first reaction would be to prove I'm actually a HHF. Not to deflect like that.
If Jake has a track record of being miselimmed regularly in the past, why would it take an approach of trying to pretend it's a LHF if it doesn't believe that's the case? Wouldn't that make it seem more suspicious? I don't really understand how that tracks.
Zaiden wrote:Also he jumped straight to asking Gamma who should be killed to deflect attention away from himself/them. Imo this early on we should be asking who looks scummy, why are they scummy and observe further comments/replies they make. Then ask whether they should they be killed or if there are other more suspicious people. His line of logic does not follow that natural order I've just given. But Hectic and Hopkirk disagree with me. They think Jake seems pretty good, but I've been right before when they've been wrong so.
I'm assuming this is referring to this yeah?:
In post 571, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Gamma! If you had to kill someone right now, who would it be?
Why is it to deflect away from itself rather than to try to parse Gamma's biggest scumread? Gamma's seemed pretty opaque this game, so I'm curious why you felt this couldn't have been an attempt to get him to be more transparent about his thought process.
Zaiden wrote:The questions they've asked seem pretty agenda driven to me.
Which other questions apply for this?
In post 617, Zaiden wrote:I can understand why Cheetory would think I'm bad based off my opening post.
I don't think you're bad at the game, if that was the implication you took from my posts. (though I think the worst thing I said was that your posting felt stilted so I'm not sure where this came from, maybe me being a dufus with the wendy's comment? q_q)

Also, can you drop some reads on other slots in the game/drop any other reads that your teammates have?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:41 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 627, Spring Breeze wrote:is there an explanation for maria!town?
It feels like she's got a lot of protown energy in her posting vs just keeping up an appearance of doing something to coast through. Like keeping thoughts close to chest while also poking and prodding people in a way that connects back to what she's currently pushing. It's a little hard to explain but I just feel it down in my old bones. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:45 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Zaiden wrote:In retrospect, after reading through the thread without being sleep deprived, I think Gamma's unwillingness to talk about reads/thoughts on the game state when pushed for it seems pretty bad. But I think MWB did mention what would scum Gamma have to gain from posting like that? Would jester be bastard or non-bastard in this setup?
If you feel this way about Gamma on reread, where does that put your reaction to Jake's questioning/vote on him?
In post 635, Zaiden wrote:@cheetory you won't like it but that's just my playstyle for early. I don't think it's fair to expect someone to be able to write a doctorate thesis on deep reads when I have no history of playing with people here/knowing their habits. You say meta isn't important, but it feels like you expect me to somehow be the same as everyone else going off vibes from prior experience/be able to tell what player based scum slips are, which I would personally classify as meta. Like what even???
I don't really think the logical structure of your pushes on people has given me the impression that you genuinely believe that someone is mafia.
It could be a playstyle thing, but, stuff like this:
Zaiden wrote:I think Spring Breeze's push onto me is questionable as heck. I apologise if I offended you for calling you a simpathiser. But your reaction to me comes across more like personal dislike/reaction to my previous vote on you, as opposed to coming from a place of good reason and genuine logic. For now I have Spring Breeze/Pooky as nulls.
Feels more like you're applying a calculation to what your read on Spring should be, rather than a genuine feeling as to whether someone is or isn't mafia.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 626, Spring Breeze wrote:
In post 610, Pink Ball wrote:VOTE: Spring Breeze
also, explanation please
Focus on something else for now, maybe I won't need to explain myself if you start engaging with the rest of the crew
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 633, Jake The Wolfie wrote:If you don't know why I am voting Gamma, then you haven't been paying attention.
The best I got is that Gamma is a pedant and you've decided to act like that's indicative of his role PM and not his personality.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 629, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 601, Cheetory6 wrote:
@pooky
are your teammates touching this game at all?
nancy says noraa is 100% obvtown and there is no way noraa is scum here.

koba says spf is meta-scummy for being agenda-y and trying to maintain herself above a POE.

oka poka didn't say anything.
I'm townrleaning you and I trust Nancy's read on noraa, that's the kind of 'obtown!Nancy correctly identifying town' move
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

do we get a push from you at some point S_S or is it just a lot more of these fun quips? :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:05 am

Depends on how the game goes. Probably it's quips through D1 and maybe several subsequent days, but if my teammates have anything important for me to do I'll do it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:07 am

I do think your posts on this page are towny.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”