TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by unwnd »

The duality of avatars, a picturebook:

Blowhard? More like I hardly knew her!

Blowhard. More like..I hardly [pause for dramatic effect, take a cig break] knew her.
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i just remember you correct reading me a lot in the past and very early to the point where i suspected i was doing something subconsciously that you were picking up on and i wonder if you still have that ability
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

does this form please you goofy chicken man
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

you know i think ceph is town
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by unwnd »

That actually makes me scumread you Ceph

I need a strong serious brooding pig to cradle me to town victory
Stop
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

u guys r tearing me apart
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

its a culture war between boomer and zoomer energies

only one thing unites both cultures and that is cute anime girl
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by unwnd »

Actually true

Both zoomer and boomer can appreciate anime girl

We don't talk about the other one starting with c though
Stop
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

@O50
my own read on you is solid town, mainly for 737 and 859
i hope you can reach hypertown level like you did last tm

@agar
you can talk to me if there's something you don't understand, you know. i didn't vote you (or anyone) yet because its an approach i decided to take this game. i believe i probably would have voted you in there if i hadn't made that decision.
you're talking in extreme terms about things and i'm finding it hard to take you seriously
ie, ceph scumclaiming, titus almost certain
im not 'almost certain' of anything in this game. the gates have barely opened and we have almost no information.

#840 is the kind of post i usually hard town read (slot under pressure dumps content type post) but im just not really getting that feeling here which is concerning.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

also @O50
boon hasn't read the game afaik and i doubt he's planning to but i'll pass it on
maybe you'll get a reply eventually
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by the worst »

I hate anime girls, no offense xtoxm

looking good Ceph <3
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

well i am offended
bad duckling
no breadcrumbs
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by the worst »

I heard breadcrumbs increase prosperity level if that helps convince you ~~~

what's your read on me, Mr. Oxm?
--
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Ythan »

Is this anime girls versus animals and also which side is the worst on
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by the worst »

town
--
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1006, OkaPoka wrote:its a culture war between boomer and zoomer energies

only one thing unites both cultures and that is cute anime girl
I am on team zoomer energy
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Alright so this is my first "re-catchup" post, I'm going to try my hardest to start as fresh as I possibly can, if I ask questions that get answered later feel free to ignore them. I will be updating my read list as I go, if I remember I will note my changes such as "Implosion a TL now" or something like that. Also if you scream at me for being so early in the game in a 40 page game, go suck a banana.

Spoiler: Pages 1-5
In post 6, hercule wrote:yoooo I was really excited for this to start and wrote an intro post this morning while I was hyped up on coffee and a
fresh town flip
but

now, thanks to an internet service provider who won’t be named (AT&T) i’m having a wifi outage so here I am assembling furniture on a friday night :P

i’ll vibe in the thread on mobile some but i’m already not really liking the experience so probably will be around more tmro

cheers :) happy to be here, i’m sure i’ll get a chance to introduce myself more
See bolded+underlined, they're starting to push that they're Town right off the very bat. Although I can also see this as them referring to an ongoing game but that's not allowed on this site so I am throwing that option out of the window. I don't have issues with people making an actual joke regarding how conftown they are or whatnot but what they're doing is like doing subliminal manipulation, I am not entirely sure how else to word it but it's slimy and manipulative.
In post 19, the worst wrote:oh my meme worked Hercule is actually town
yeeet
Is this a genuine read, if so can you explain this? It seems like it's half serious half meme, I don't see anything that leads them to be a town-read so I am assuming it's mostly meme.
In post 26, hercule wrote:
In post 19, the worst wrote:oh my meme worked Hercule is actually town
yeeet
i mean yes but based on what?
This is still slightly manipulative but this is on the level that I was talking about earlier which is blatantly obvious and thus can come from a Town mindset playing around, so this one is less of an issue for me than the first one and the ones to come.
In post 35, hercule wrote:lmao i’m such a spammer even on mobile. 14 days. can’t burn myself out yet. be back in a bit
I have a slight tonal problem with this post, they weren't spamming nearly at all at this point yet they're bloating about how they are, whether or not this is an attempt to try and push the "I am posting a lot and thus town" or just it's a tonal discrepancy that I am getting triggered by.
In post 44, Ythan wrote:Just do what feels right and folks will deal with it. Here watch.

VOTE: hercule
I wouldn't be super surprised if one of DGB/Ythan are buddies with hercule assuming hercule is scum here. But then again I am not super confident, probably leaning towards Ythan more than DGB but this talk is useless pre-flips.
In post 45, hercule wrote:
In post 38, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 32, hercule wrote:
In post 29, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: ythan
why
VOTE: hercule

Already nervous.
first of all, i’m asking questions because i’m used to generating a fuck ton of content early on, though the pacing of these games so far is much slower than i anticipated

secondly, what part of that post implies nervousness to you?
Yet another post which heavily implies that they're super Townie through post-count, this could very well be planned to link into the previous post. I am not sure how much experience hercule has under his belt but considering their wording I'm assuming at least they have a pretty decent amount of games under their belt.
In post 53, hercule wrote:it’s beautiful :sob: i’m so pocketed
Another tonal post I despise, but I believe this one is >rand confbias.
In post 64, hercule wrote:ironically this pacing is probably way more healthy than what i’m used to but it’s so boring
Yet another post pushing the same similar agenda, I understand one post but three? More? No
In post 69, hercule wrote:
In post 66, Dannflor wrote:hercule you mentioned that you were really excited to get this game started this morning, does your enthusiasm vary by alignment at all?

by extension is your activity generally similar (and I assume high) as both alignments?
honestly no idea i haven’t flipped scum in like 6 months

on the whole i generally dread being scum but it’s been so long it would be a nice change of pace
The issue I have on this post is that it completely flips the entire question on it's head to push an agenda. If you haven't flipped scum in 6 months, you should still be able to remember if you have high or low activity. Instead you boast about how you haven't flipped scum in 6 months, which in itself is LAMIST and manipulative.
Not only that but both sentences are manipulative, I see this all too often in all my different mafia style games that I play, the latter sentence is entirely there to boost the fact that you're so townie. To reiterate, you never answered this question the way it was intended, you flipped it on it's head to push an agenda to appear super townie.
In post 94, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: the worst i wanted to play a town game with you for once Worsty

why did you roll scum without me
I like this for Town simply because both times I've read over ducky's posts I've had a moment of pause. I don't think duckyboi is scum, they're kinda null for me as of right now but IV mindmelded with my thoughts slightly and I think they're >rand town for doing so.
In post 98, Ythan wrote:Rvs is a thing WE KNOW THIS
If this was a reaction to ducky "attacking" your vote on hercules than this is scummy, it's an over-defense that I don't think comes from non-paranoid players.
In post 106, the worst wrote:good vote unwnd, why did you make it though
Seems lowkey manipulative but still leaving room to shove unwnd's ass into the dumpster if need be. Still a null, but probably null-scum now tbh.

A lot of Hercule's initial posts were slimy as shown above let me know if you agree/disagree and if you can explain why I am wrong.

Spoiler: Pages 6-10
In post 140, the worst wrote:they're making towny noises and want people to townread them so I'm obliging! i'll work out if I'm wrong later. Where u at on them?
So you're seeing what I'm seeing, yet you decided to town-read them instead? Why
In post 174, Hopkirk wrote:jackson will know i'm watching him either way (not in a creepy way jackson...)

VOTE: the worst
What made you think ducky is more likely scum than myself, neither of us actually posted between your vote on me and this one. Also don't beat around the bush, is that a FOS.
In post 177, Winter Flakes wrote:Hi. Uncrowned here.

Ythan is Town.

ABR is probably Town.

Dunnstral is probably Town.

Hopkirk's reasoning on JV's intro is reasonable, but I believe it is NAI for JV given the history between them, myself and The Worst.

I don't think a teammate reading the game is indicative of anything, but I guess I get the sentiment?

I don't think The Worst has been that awkward, I think that's just how he be sometimes.
Oh man, the legend himself. They said that they've explained these exact reads but ignoring that and focusing JUST on this post as I have no way of confirming otherwise without continuing. They don't explain a single word which is extremely unlike them, as I said, in ducky's PYP game they were incredibly townie and had a lot of good content, enough that I pretty much conftowned them even if the read wasn't reciprocated (I neighbourized them ahaha). I do not get the same tone from them as I expected town!uncrowned to post. I legitimately had to question whether or not I understood the first line because it did not sound like them. He also brushed off the read with ducky so imagine they did an omega betrayed and flipped mafia without me.
In post 195, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 188, Hopkirk wrote:can you expand on what you mean about the opening? my issue shouldn't be history dependent unless you have an in joke you're talking about
I rolled scum in JV and I's first game on site. The Worst replaced in and it came down to us three in ELo and I won. Since then they've had like a revenge thing where they want to roll scum together in a game against me. Good times.

As for why I townlean ABR at the moment: He voted Dannflor immediately after Dann voted Ythan, which is exactly what I would have done had I been active at that point in the game. That was my initial reaction.

The flaw with this is that ABR may not have been voting Dann for that exact reason, but I'm happy to assume it unless he says otherwise.
You answered this AFTER getting asked to post reasonings for it, which is what I said earlier that would not weaken my argument against you, at least in my eyes. You mind-melded with ABR which is a fair reason to TR someone but why didn't you say that like I remember you being like instead of blind-posting reads on people which isn't helpful at all. Naked reads mean absolutely shit all as you should know.
In post 205, Winter Flakes wrote:Dunnstral mega town off of this interaction.
Let me reiterate, naked reads mean nothing and it's extremely unlike what I expect town!you to do.

--

Next up on Hey Hey It's Not Saturday is the prestigious Hopkirk/Uncrowned interaction.

--
In post 217, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 214, Hopkirk wrote:it feels off since we just finished a game where you didn't TR ABR (definitely not early?) that you have a hard(?) read early.
Not hard.

And that's implying that I'm approaching this game the same way I did that game and implying that ABR did the exact same thing that game, which he didn't.
This is a valid counter-argument as they said "probably Town", although this is NAI in and of itself although you also said that Dunnstral is "probably Town" as well, what elevated that read?
In post 219, Winter Flakes wrote:It's not about whether or not you got vibes off him?

It feels like you'd rather just not engage with me on the topic of him possibly being scum?

Given the style you showed last game and how you started this game, I expected at least some interaction there, or some questioning along the lines of "elaborate on this" but instead you throw a softball about ABR that doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place?

Weird.
In post 220, Hopkirk wrote:that's a lot of shade you're throwing at me. why would you expect me to comment on that? you having sus on someone wasn't noteworthy for me
I think this is a fairly town-indicative for Hopkirk here, Uncrowned is thinking everything he says is golden and that it should all be replied to and read. They continue to say that their read is "spicy" when it's really not.
In post 223, Winter Flakes wrote:The chances you just didn't find it worth talking about are decent, so I'm not opposed to just dropping it as a talking point for now.

If he flips red though you are getting tunneled.
I despise setting up lynch-orders early-game without mechanical reasonings, this adds partner equity to them both
In post 228, Winter Flakes wrote:1: It's a vanity.

2: I haven't commented on any of the others slots that have really been under pressure this game yet (Hercule, Innocent)

3: No-one else has called much attention to the slot yet.

I think with these facts alone, it's at least a reasonable assumption to think you'd take SOME interest in it, is it not?
You threw in the word spicy to make your case stronger, it is definitely not vanity so stop. To say this blunt, you're literally attacking the fact that they didn't feel the need to reply to a portion of your post.
In post 235, Winter Flakes wrote:A vanity is when one person is voting away from the current main wagons.

It's a bit of a stretch for me to call it a "vanity" but given where most of the attention is being centered in the game at the moment prior to our interaction, I don't think it's the worst description.
I honestly am finding it hard to understand a word you're saying to be completely honest.

CT
ACT
TRinnocentvillager
TLHopkirk
NRthe worst-
SLYthan
SRhercule, Uncrowned
ACS
CS
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1016, JacksonVirgo wrote:So you're seeing what I'm seeing, yet you decided to town-read them instead? Why
skipped earlier prompt because I figured you'd find this post

I think LAMIST posting is very slightly more likely to come from town at rand given current site culture where everyone seems to get excited about town role pms and curl up in the corner if they rand scum :P

it's only really a scum indicator in a broad context

so I'm willing to treat it as a superficial towntell on page one and revisit later in the game, yeah. I'm already getting cold on Hercule. Like there is literally no harm in me expressing a superficial read which I only give half a crap about in a really goofy way to try and get the game moving.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by the worst »

I get what you're saying but I don't see why that makes either of Uncrowned or Hercule more likely to be mafia than town. Maybe I'm solving top down, rather than bottom up
--
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 878, Almost50 wrote:@ABR: Thank you :]

FWIW, my reads are volatile and keep changing rapidly, so I will provide a preliminary read list (or something that resembles one) once I've decided on a number of slots So far I only have 2 solid TRs

@Oka: I said there was a
reason
for me to ask. And yes, I feel that I gave been very transparently town indeed, but only those who know me well enough will be able to realize it. There is also a reason why I am playing like this, but that's another story.
Whew boy this post
stinks
In post 890, Cephrir wrote:yeah reading titus up to this point leaves me pretty unimpressed but i don't feel the need to vote it right this second
Mmk. So what do you make of her ISO is actively just avoiding addressing
literally anything
that has occurred outside of me. I feel like you can muster up more than "unimpressed".

I am once again disagreeing vehemently with an unwnd post. (Source: )

On that track, would love it if someone would maybe help me out here:
In post 840, AGar wrote:Can someone else read 763 and tell me if it feels bad? I cannot separate my thoughts from the fact that I feel I would in fact be a bad yeet because I'm town and I have given very little to work with post-flip up until these last two posts. I go back and forth on unwnd in general because the early push on IV felt contrived and very much trying to shut a town player down from doing something to get them townread, but later posting was fine and consistent. Binning them as null right now because I can't get a handle on the slot, even with a read, an ISO dive, and a re-read.

I can fuck with the part of JV's about Hercule.
In post 1008, Xtoxm wrote:i didn't vote you (or anyone) yet because its an approach i decided to take this game.
That was a bad decision if you ask me.

@Jackson
Do you anticipate being caught up to Page 40 before we reach Page 90?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1017, the worst wrote:
In post 1016, JacksonVirgo wrote:So you're seeing what I'm seeing, yet you decided to town-read them instead? Why
skipped earlier prompt because I figured you'd find this post

I think LAMIST posting is very slightly more likely to come from town at rand given current site culture where everyone seems to get excited about town role pms and curl up in the corner if they rand scum :P

it's only really a scum indicator in a broad context

so I'm willing to treat it as a superficial towntell on page one and revisit later in the game, yeah. I'm already getting cold on Hercule. Like there is literally no harm in me expressing a superficial read which I only give half a crap about in a really goofy way to try and get the game moving.
As I've said, I am completely fine with lamist behavior, it's when it tilts into blatant manipulation when it turns into something I despise.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1019, AGar wrote:@Jackson Do you anticipate being caught up to Page 40 before we reach Page 90?
Yeah it should be done before 50, just if I don't give a break I start skipping posts and skimming instead of reading

wiki // GTKAS
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 1016, JacksonVirgo wrote:If this was a reaction to ducky "attacking" your vote on hercules than this is scummy, it's an over-defense that I don't think comes from non-paranoid players.
Nah it's at the post right before it I don't do rvs.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

congrats A50 gypyx thinks you’re town
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

@JV

I think you're ignoring the fact that I'm not the type of player who delves into deep reasoning for all my reads. You acting like this is a qualifier for me being town is just plain wrong. Towncrowned can 100% be blunt like that and I've done that multiple times since coming back from my hiatus.Yhe reasoning behind this SR is still bad.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say I feel more of a need to justify my reads and go in depth as scum than I would as town, but sure. Apparently I'm a mega analytical player in every game which multiple people in this plist and on other teams should be able to vouch that I most definitely am not anyone who played in Guns and Roses V & in One Night Stand should at least be somewhat aware of this.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”