TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:11 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1310, OkaPoka wrote:hercule lets use the power of friendship to make hopkirk and unwnd friends at least for today
I do think it's likely town v town but I also don't want to stop anyone from exploring their scumreads. It's a bad habit of mine that has gotten me into trouble. I would stop a wagon on either though.

unless you mean they should just be friendly to each other, in which case, yes
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: The worst

While I don't townread ABR, I have decided to treat him as town for the day due to my own personal bias unless a teammate expresses a scumread (which is unlikely).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:12 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1325, hercule wrote:
In post 1310, OkaPoka wrote:hercule lets use the power of friendship to make hopkirk and unwnd friends at least for today
I do think it's likely town v town but I also don't want to stop anyone from exploring their scumreads. It's a bad habit of mine that has gotten me into trouble. I would stop a wagon on either though.

yes but i want to form a voting bloc and that requires them to be friemds D:
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1327, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1325, hercule wrote:

yes but i want to form a voting bloc and that requires them to be friemds D:
ok when the time is right I will blow the horn of gondor
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:14 am

Post by OkaPoka »

the time is now to make the orcs n goblins nervous
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Titus »

@unwnd, Can you link your case? I didn't see a case, which may be due to life. I'm inclined to disagree because I like his reads though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:15 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1329, OkaPoka wrote:the time is now to make the orcs n goblins nervous
alright, where do you want to go?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:15 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1250, unwnd wrote:Maybe it's my own impatience but I've mulling over my vote on AGar and came to my own conclusion he isn't going to respond. The game has changed and so too is the way I read most players. Back in the day I'd come through their words to spot contradictions but I find scum nowadays don't really give a shit about making convincing arguments, no, it's more about the presentation. Something that makes townies go 'well, by effort and substantiation he must be town!' because people have gotten so traumatized by a red PM these days and believe scum just won't effort as much as town that it's almost bordering ridiculous. I am against this mindset because it assumes that people enjoy losing, which I'm pretty sure if you're playing any game the objective is to win.

This vote is something almost all of my team agree on. I don't really bode well with (post) (post) (post) analysis and instead giving a general description of what I see.
As for what I see? I sorta let it slide but there was a moment where Hopkirk responded to me saying 'i kinda like to work list up and then down first, getting townreads'. This is fine in practice, yet he remained quite passive-aggressive. I also think that line alone is disingenuous but is playing a part of his style right now, which all seems quite excessive to me. I think Hopkirk in that instance only responded that way because it sounded good, not that he really believed it. If his MO was to look for townies and form townblocks, then what is his explanation of splintered ridicule throughout the ISO. The shift in dynamic doesn't bode with his own words. Go look at the way he silver tongues Hercule then ridicules others. This is not paraphrasing but this man really said 'don't like it when there's consequence for your actions, huh?' It's all based on
proving a point
which is both petty and scummy.

It'd be really easy and really lazy to say 'he is being LAMISTy' but seriously that's boring and using umbrella terms like that caution back to the days where people would do things like Why me = Fry me. Mafia Jargon doesn't make someone scum guys, and I actually think scum are more prone to be lazy about their reads because it's pretty difficult to try and convince people.

@titus this is it i am speeding this up hopefully i dont interfere with your methods
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1330, Titus wrote:@unwnd, Can you link your case? I didn't see a case, which may be due to life. I'm inclined to disagree because I like his reads though.
Wouldn't even consider it a case at this point, just a callout of words and then us having a minor back-and-forth

Again, that is what should be considered or addressed
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1331, hercule wrote:
i dunno but if we start the rumblings of forming teams and we can box out the wolves maybe the wolves will do something ai in panic
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1332, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1250, unwnd wrote:Maybe it's my own impatience but I've mulling over my vote on AGar and came to my own conclusion he isn't going to respond. The game has changed and so too is the way I read most players. Back in the day I'd come through their words to spot contradictions but I find scum nowadays don't really give a shit about making convincing arguments, no, it's more about the presentation. Something that makes townies go 'well, by effort and substantiation he must be town!' because people have gotten so traumatized by a red PM these days and believe scum just won't effort as much as town that it's almost bordering ridiculous. I am against this mindset because it assumes that people enjoy losing, which I'm pretty sure if you're playing any game the objective is to win.

This vote is something almost all of my team agree on. I don't really bode well with (post) (post) (post) analysis and instead giving a general description of what I see.
As for what I see? I sorta let it slide but there was a moment where Hopkirk responded to me saying 'i kinda like to work list up and then down first, getting townreads'. This is fine in practice, yet he remained quite passive-aggressive. I also think that line alone is disingenuous but is playing a part of his style right now, which all seems quite excessive to me. I think Hopkirk in that instance only responded that way because it sounded good, not that he really believed it. If his MO was to look for townies and form townblocks, then what is his explanation of splintered ridicule throughout the ISO. The shift in dynamic doesn't bode with his own words. Go look at the way he silver tongues Hercule then ridicules others. This is not paraphrasing but this man really said 'don't like it when there's consequence for your actions, huh?' It's all based on
proving a point

It'd be really easy and really lazy to say 'he is being LAMISTy' but seriously that's boring and using umbrella terms like that caution back to the days where people would do things like Why me = Fry me. Mafia Jargon doesn't make someone scum guys, and I actually think scum are more prone to be lazy about their reads because it's pretty difficult to try and convince people.

@titus this is it i am speeding this up hopefully i dont interfere with your methods
No chicken man please I syntax error'd like 5 times in there and there's like one or two sentences in it I actually like :(
Stop
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1334, OkaPoka wrote:
i dunno but if we start the rumblings of forming teams and we can box out the wolves maybe the wolves will do something ai in panic
you have my sword
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:18 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1336, hercule wrote:
you have my sword
only people im comfortable adding to the bloc are unwnd and hopkirk right now
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:18 am

Post by hercule »

maybe i fuck around and VOTE: xtoxm with you
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:19 am

Post by OkaPoka »

uh oh i was told to sheep you not the vice versa what has the game become
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:20 am

Post by OkaPoka »

im actually somewhat comfortable with inviting ceph in as well and we both mutually townread him too

okapok, hercule, unwnd, hopkirk, ceph what are the odds any of us are scum
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:20 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1337, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1336, hercule wrote:
you have my sword
only people im comfortable adding to the bloc are unwnd and hopkirk right now
what's your read on Cephrir?
In post 1339, OkaPoka wrote:uh oh i was told to sheep you not the vice versa what has the game become
you have to deal with the ramifications of calling the council to order
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Titus »

proving a point

@okapoka, I have no plan right now. I'm too unfocused right now and I am having trouble seeing people's agendas.

You can always try to assist me. I'll tell you if not helping.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:21 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1340, OkaPoka wrote:im actually somewhat comfortable with inviting ceph in as well and we both mutually townread him too

lmao i saw this post in the pre-edit phase right as i was submitting but i submitted too fast, epic
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 am

Post by hercule »

I actually don't know if I'm fully committed to town!unwnd yet to be honest, but I will make Hopkirk and Unwnd my next two ISOs and see if we can't iron this out a bit
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1343, hercule wrote:
In post 1340, OkaPoka wrote:im actually somewhat comfortable with inviting ceph in as well and we both mutually townread him too

lmao i saw this post in the pre-edit phase right as i was submitting but i submitted too fast, epic
I wouldn't mind calling that a townblock today. I wish I was in it but I get why I am not. Just trying to get some reads going.

I just don’t have any SRs that are posting beyond Agar and the worst but there has to be more scum than that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:24 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1342, Titus wrote:

proving a point

@okapoka, I have no plan right now. I'm too unfocused right now and I am having trouble seeing people's agendas.

You can always try to assist me. I'll tell you if not helping.
lets say scum can remove two players from okapoka, hercule, unwnd, hopkirk, cephrir

do you think town wins if that's your lylo? aka what are your thoughts on these 5 slots and are you confident enough right now that these 5 players should be never eliminated til towards the end

is there anyone you have any doubts on i guess

pedit: i guess you kinda answered it lma
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:26 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i have a picture of what unwnd scum would play like even though ive never played with unwnd scum before and its why im townreading that slot, but yeah its not exactly a scientific way of playing
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:30 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1347, OkaPoka wrote:i have a picture of what unwnd scum would play like even though ive never played with unwnd scum before and its why im townreading that slot, but yeah its not exactly a scientific way of playing
well, go on then, share with the class!
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:33 am

Post by hercule »

i'm laughing at the idea of a townblock being formed without unwnd or hopkirk's consent while they're voting each other

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”