TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i was townreading unwnd until today and i'm voting them without necessarily scumreading them right now. i want to review that slot. i'm very concerned with their team as much as i am with the slot right now.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:40 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1350, Hopkirk wrote:i was townreading unwnd until today and i'm voting them without necessarily scumreading them right now. i want to review that slot.
i'm very concerned with their team
as much as i am with the slot right now.
can you elaborate on this without breaking any rules? i thought i knew what you meant before but now I'm a bit confused
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:44 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1348, hercule wrote:
In post 1347, OkaPoka wrote:i have a picture of what unwnd scum would play like even though ive never played with unwnd scum before and its why im townreading that slot, but yeah its not exactly a scientific way of playing
well, go on then, share with the class!
unwnd as a person complains a lot about site culture and holds the opinion that scum suck because they put in minimal effort and scumhunting sucks these days because scum aren't even willing to play properly.

as a result i suspect unwnd would be the scum player that puts up reasonable effort in actual actively doing stuff

but this recent hopkirk case at first is complete cheeks and lazy even if it might be right, it would be right for the wrong reasons probably. there are a lot of better ways to attack hopkirk than introducing your case with a ramble about site culture and ending with a talk about buzzwords. idk maybe im crazy but i feel almost as if unwnd as scum would put in a bit more effort in digging up quotes and running a pbp analysis or something on casing hopkirk purely because i think unwnd sees that type of scumplay as very strong against how he perceives site culture meta.

but this is a very illformed thought because i have no idea of how unwnd actually plays lmao

also forming a townbloc without hopkirk or unwnd's consent as they crossvote each other is very much intentional :D
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:44 am

Post by OkaPoka »

in other words my meta on unwnd isnt games its the mafia discussion section
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:46 am

Post by unwnd »

Lmao I love the conclusion you made chicken man

I'm super backloaded right now and I highly highly regret it

I am no coward though so I'm sorta just sifting through my priorities

Luckily I have time to redo my thoughts on Hopkirk, because I do feel strongly about it
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:48 am

Post by OkaPoka »

the better the case you make the more i have to scumread you by obligation so beware anime cat? girl? ribbons? idk
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:50 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1352, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1348, hercule wrote:
In post 1347, OkaPoka wrote:i have a picture of what unwnd scum would play like even though ive never played with unwnd scum before and its why im townreading that slot, but yeah its not exactly a scientific way of playing
well, go on then, share with the class!
unwnd as a person complains a lot about site culture and holds the opinion that scum suck because they put in minimal effort and scumhunting sucks these days because scum aren't even willing to play properly.

as a result i suspect unwnd would be the scum player that puts up reasonable effort in actual actively doing stuff

but this recent hopkirk case at first is complete cheeks and lazy even if it might be right, it would be right for the wrong reasons probably. there are a lot of better ways to attack hopkirk than introducing your case with a ramble about site culture and ending with a talk about buzzwords. idk maybe im crazy but i feel almost as if unwnd as scum would put in a bit more effort in digging up quotes and running a pbp analysis or something on casing hopkirk purely because i think unwnd sees that type of scumplay as very strong against how he perceives site culture meta.

but this is a very illformed thought because i have no idea of how unwnd actually plays lmao

also forming a townbloc without hopkirk or unwnd's consent as they crossvote each other is very much intentional :D
honestly, site meta / culture comments aside, that reasoning vibes with me because it would be such a lame fucking push from unwnd as scum that would be so unnecessary for them to do, don't really know why they would paint a target on themselves without a real case to back it up. like idt u really have to have an idea of unwnd's scumplay to think it seems town-motivated rather than scum-motivated. it would be one thing if like a solid towncore was assembling that scum needed to break up + start spewing about deepwolves, but that wasn't really the gamestate at all
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:51 am

Post by unwnd »

Shrine Maiden, but close
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:53 am

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah and its probably? not SvS because hopkirk admittedly reacted pretty poorly to the case that really felt more like the ramblings of an old man nostalgic for a bygone era that may have never existed

maybe not now but that exchange was pretty hilarious
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:55 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1358, OkaPoka wrote:yeah and its probably? not SvS because hopkirk admittedly reacted pretty poorly to the case that really felt more like the ramblings of an old man nostalgic for a bygone era that may have never existed

maybe not now but that exchange was pretty hilarious
lmao if that was SvS it would be a pretty funny attempt at self-sabotage for no particular reason, imagine having TMI on your partner and the best case you can make is "well they were rude" (LOL i know i'm trivializing a bit but allow me the dramatic effect)
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:57 am

Post by unwnd »

You guys are embarrassing me and making me regret even attempting to case him

Should've just naked voted like all the mysterious people
Stop
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1176, the worst wrote:more immediately, agar - what is DGB doing as scum?
I did qualify this in that some of this is gut driven, but DGB came out of the gate with a confidence that pinged as off. DGB's reads have been mostly of the blasé unimpeachable variety, but I felt that the read on Hopkirk in was trying to slip one by and put feelers out based on distorting the facts. The denial of noticing ABR in felt cagey and weirdly unnecessary to say "I barely noticed them" rather than attempting to coalition with a player that DGB wasn't actively scumreading. Townblocking and townhunting is fine and the hot new rage, but the absolute scarcity of engagement with anyone that DGB hasn't townblocked is concerning, and a naked readslist seems useless and actively trying to pass off as doing something in a format where you have teammates. Zero attempts to engage with the current wagon, zero attempts to parse other spots for pressure, and zero attempts to parse out the burgeoning null-list that is growing. As far as I'll dive into meta is I know DGB plays an, um, unconventional game. But this stinks of scum.

Worst and Oka have thoroughly picked apart Xtoxm's (and Auro's, I guess) logic wrt Titus so I'll just say I support the things they questioned.
In post 1246, unwnd wrote:VOTE: Hopkirk

You guys don't know it yet, but this has been scum all along
Quoi?
In post 1250, unwnd wrote:Maybe it's my own impatience but I've mulling over my vote on AGar and came to my own conclusion he isn't going to respond.
Honestly I feel like we've just been talking past each other and talking more vague than specifics. If you have a succinct question I missed, I'll try and answer but I do think we just have fundamental differences on how we think town should play. Like, was "talk to me in real time" which 1) is super vague and 2) is really tough for me to be like "ok yes" because I do very much check a thread, post, and usually go do something else. That's just my life at this point. got a little closer in terms of more specific points, but "I'm open to criticism/complaints" is pretty vague when my problem boils down to "We just play differently." I don't think it's bad, and I'm coming around to a more reasonable read just from reading with that perspective. But I don't have a criticism of your playstyle, if that makes sense. It's just hard for me to put my brain into at this point.

Whew Hopkirk's back and forth with unwnd this afternoon was surprisingly terse.

@Hopkirk
What specifically about the interactions between ("townread him before. probably still do.") and (unwnd not on your list of townreads) moved unwnd in your reads? Feels very much like some blinders are on, to be honest.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:59 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1360, unwnd wrote:You guys are embarrassing me and making me regret even attempting to case him

Should've just naked voted like all the mysterious people
lmaoo bro i'm sorry, i genuinely like, want you to try to show us what you see. i can be obnoxious like this sometimes but i'm certainly fallible. all cases and tinfoils are worth pursuing.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

what were agar and unwnd disagreeing about anyways? id think they'd get along

agar is very reminiscent of a bygone era of ms.net players that unwnd likes (i think)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1351, hercule wrote:
In post 1350, Hopkirk wrote:i was townreading unwnd until today and i'm voting them without necessarily scumreading them right now. i want to review that slot.
i'm very concerned with their team
as much as i am with the slot right now.
can you elaborate on this without breaking any rules? i thought i knew what you meant before but now I'm a bit confused
he just said 'his entire team' is sus of me. ask your partners about that in your discords.

@Agar - i didn't put him in my townblock because i want to reviewhim so probably town. this thing today is weird and shook my confidence in a slot i liked until now. i realize i'll probably like it again when i'm not as mad at him in a couple of days
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

this is unwnd's most recent scumgame (i believe), hopefully me picking it out is less biased than unwnd picking a scumgame out. he definitely puts in the effort as scum, y'all can make your own conclusions about him if you want
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

okay so let's form the read unwnd committee

dunnstral, titus, innocent villager are the members of this committee
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1365, innocentvillager wrote:this is unwnd's most recent scumgame (i believe), hopefully me picking it out is less biased than unwnd picking a scumgame out. he definitely puts in the effort as scum, y'all can make your own conclusions about him if you want
I distanced my partners so damn well in that game just to get boxed in because FL took my fucking role
Stop
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1363, OkaPoka wrote:what were agar and unwnd disagreeing about anyways? id think they'd get along

agar is very reminiscent of a bygone era of ms.net players that unwnd likes (i think)
It centered around IV and IV's behavior early on, for the most part.

Also, you can just call me a boomer instead of hiding it.
In post 840, AGar wrote:He completely ignored the wagon on me for like... 200 posts, even as it was at the forefront of the game, but when pressed for a read on that largest wagon, he couldn't be fucked to read my 5 post ISO?
@Hercule
Can you elaborate on this tidbit for me? It was noticed by myself and my team that you just happily plugged along while I was being run up and didn't even make a sound about it in one direction or the other. Hopkirk asked in among other people and your response was basically that you needed to ISO me, and then didn't get any attention on that until after I had posted my large spew later on.
In post 1364, Hopkirk wrote:@Agar - i didn't put him in my townblock because i want to reviewhim so probably town. this thing today is weird and shook my confidence in a slot i liked until now. i realize i'll probably like it again when i'm not as mad at him in a couple of days
Gotcha. Appreciate the awareness.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

no i reserve boomers for people who complain about modern gameplay

you are just old school
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1340, OkaPoka wrote:im actually somewhat comfortable with inviting ceph in as well and we both mutually townread him too

okapok, hercule, unwnd, hopkirk, ceph what are the odds any of us are scum
there's always a chance
probably a lower chance than if you took a random swipe at the playerlist tho
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i do wonder if unwnd has a good scum game i guess but i don't really think this is the game where we find out
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1350, Hopkirk wrote:i was townreading unwnd until today and i'm voting them without necessarily scumreading them right now. i want to review that slot. i'm very concerned with their team as much as i am with the slot right now.
i think ur just mad bro
Bartleby the Scrivener
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1364, Hopkirk wrote:
he just said 'his entire team' is sus of me. ask your partners about that in your discords.
well he kind of elaborated that beeboy and Ampharos didn't offer any insight, and MariaR and Menal were mainly sheeping him. So yeah I think he was overstating it but it wasn't as sus as I was originally thinking (aka he was straight up lying) - and that's what I thought you were originally getting at
In post 1368, AGar wrote:
@Hercule
Can you elaborate on this tidbit for me? It was noticed by myself and my team that you just happily plugged along while I was being run up and didn't even make a sound about it in one direction or the other. Hopkirk asked in among other people and your response was basically that you needed to ISO me, and then didn't get any attention on that until after I had posted my large spew later on.
I think I did elaborate on it twice but yeah in an 18 person game I don't feel the need to chime in on everything, and the bw on you was interesting to me but I didn't feel the need to discuss it, just let it run its course and see if anything shakes out, and if there's something interesting to me I will comment on it. It would have been highly surprising to me if people actually even put you at, say, L-2, at that point in the day. When I gave the snap reads to Hopkirk I didn't realize how small your ISO was, I was mainly just trying to answer each question off-the-cuff. I only dug into Titus' ISO because I realized I didn't remember a single thing they had said or done. Sorry if my attention to your slot was lacking at that point lmao it's a big ass game you're just gonna have to deal with it
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1370, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1340, OkaPoka wrote:im actually somewhat comfortable with inviting ceph in as well and we both mutually townread him too

okapok, hercule, unwnd, hopkirk, ceph what are the odds any of us are scum
there's always a chance
probably a lower chance than if you took a random swipe at the playerlist tho
who would you remove if you had to pick one?

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”