TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by the worst »

just quickly replying:

your read on ABR is so vindicating. lol.

ceph read is very good and i think his uninformedness/actual curiosity at the shitfights is a really good way of qualifying something i've been ~feeling~ for a minute
In post 1971, Dannflor wrote:mastina - Mixed. I'm just kind of leaving this slot for further evaluation. I didn't much like JV's posting at all. When the worst was suspecting them I largely agreed with what he saw, but I never heavily scum read the slot. It just seemed awkward and not as tempting a wagon target as Agar was.

There have been a couple weird things about mastina's entrance so far. It's strange how confident she is in her reads list based off the the first 15 pages in a near 80 page game. Also, I'm not a don corleone level scum player. That's not me being self-effacing there's just no one who would say that about me with a straight face despite the memes.

But I think mastina gets more readable as her trajectories become clearer, and she hasn't had time to form trajectories yet. So, I'm just shelving this read for later.
i feel real similar about mastina's slot. i want her to be town because i like her reads but i'm wary that i'm a good pocket in the heat of that moment but i'm wary that mastina knows i'm unlikely to receive a pocket gladly :P

has mastina played with scum!you since AvP? you played extremely well there; that's kind of where my mind went when she referred to you as DC level scum
In post 1971, Dannflor wrote:the worst - Lean town
gottem
In post 1971, Dannflor wrote:unwnd - Mixed
this read interests me a lot
i still think unwnd is town and i'm not really sure how to work out whether i'm right or not; i think they get a lot easier to read when we can tell what they've been doing today
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by hercule »

I dunno I feel like you guys live in some metaworld that I don't fully need to or want to understand, I think he is Scummy.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1983, OkaPoka wrote:if this was a smaller game i might vibe check and then speedwagon abr
i was just thinking this...lol
--
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

xtoxm was at L-1 with intent

then abr comes in and tries to undermine the wagon? he makes a throwaway comment to stop a xtoxm flip? its not a substantive comment its literally a throwaway comment.

i mean that's a pretty bad in my eyes if that's how you defend the wagon but abr has been 1) on the xtoxm wagon 2) defended flipping xtoxm himself 3) xtoxm has not really done anything that should reasonably change why abr was for flipping xtoxm so in conclusion why is abr playing both sides (in a very non committal fashion mind you)

xtoxm doesn't deserve to be unvoted per se but i think abr scumclaimed so the vibe checks is if other people agree yeah that was a scumclaim maybe we do abr today
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2025, the worst wrote:just quickly replying:

ceph read is very good and i think his uninformedness/actual curiosity at the shitfights is a really good way of qualifying something i've been ~feeling~ for a minute
In post 1971, Dannflor wrote:mastina - Mixed. I'm just kind of leaving this slot for further evaluation. I didn't much like JV's posting at all. When the worst was suspecting them I largely agreed with what he saw, but I never heavily scum read the slot. It just seemed awkward and not as tempting a wagon target as Agar was.

There have been a couple weird things about mastina's entrance so far. It's strange how confident she is in her reads list based off the the first 15 pages in a near 80 page game. Also, I'm not a don corleone level scum player. That's not me being self-effacing there's just no one who would say that about me with a straight face despite the memes.

But I think mastina gets more readable as her trajectories become clearer, and she hasn't had time to form trajectories yet. So, I'm just shelving this read for later.
i feel real similar about mastina's slot. i want her to be town because
i like her reads
but i'm wary that i'm a good pocket in the heat of that moment but i'm wary that mastina knows i'm unlikely to receive a pocket gladly :P

has mastina played with scum!you since AvP? you played extremely well there; that's kind of where my mind went when she referred to you as DC level scum
gottem
i still think unwnd is town and i'm not really sure how to work out whether i'm right or not; i think they get a lot easier to read when we can tell what they've been doing today
lol what? did you even read her reads, like actually read them. or did you just see a wallpost and like the effort
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by AGar »

The progression from to to where we are now has given me whiplash.

Also it's nice to see that Mastina just came into this game with preconceived reads and is looking for what she can stick to them as she combs forward.

P-Edit: I TYPED TWO FUCKING SENTENCES AND YOU FUCKS PUT IN SIX POSTS IN MY P-EDIT WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK Y'ALL.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Xtoxm at l-1 with intent to hammer, im just gonna call out the chances of him flipping town are much higher than the worst / oka / ceph vote block seem to think
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2031, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Xtoxm at l-1 with intent to hammer, im just gonna call out the chances of him flipping town are much higher than the worst / oka / ceph vote block seem to think
Oh c'mon, you're better than this.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

Fear, uncertainty, doubt

It's a logical fallacy, and a tactic used by scum in order to polarize town into possibly making a wrong decision.
Stop
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by the worst »

oh fuck this is so good
VOTE: ABR
--
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2028, OkaPoka wrote:xtoxm was at L-1 with intent

then abr comes in and tries to undermine the wagon? he makes a throwaway comment to stop a xtoxm flip? its not a substantive comment its literally a throwaway comment.

i mean that's a pretty bad in my eyes if that's how you defend the wagon but abr has been 1) on the xtoxm wagon 2) defended flipping xtoxm himself 3) xtoxm has not really done anything that should reasonably change why abr was for flipping xtoxm so in conclusion why is abr playing both sides (in a very non committal fashion mind you)

xtoxm doesn't deserve to be unvoted per se but i think abr scumclaimed so the vibe checks is if other people agree yeah that was a scumclaim maybe we do abr today
I mean, yes, that could be true, but also I don't think there's necessarily intent to stop the wagon there? I don't think it's a scumclaim de facto. How is that post going to change anything? If anything, if ABR is scum, I think they realized xtoxm was about to be hammered and wanted to look better post-flip. But I'm not particularly sold on it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Sometimes I'm the only one to be right against the entire group. It happens.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2004, unwnd wrote:mastina, could you give me a deeper look on Hercule and why you think it's scum? I might've wrote him off too soon
In post 2002, mastina wrote:
In post 1933, Titus wrote:Can you talk about your Hercule scumread?
I wish, but all I really got is that hercule's posts look like scum through and through. I don't really have objective reasoning for why. Everything from hercule just feels forced and fake, and looks like scum that doesn't know how to be town in a playerlist filled to the brim with greats. I just don't see anything town in hercule at all, and the few stances I've seen from hercule feel slimy.
Basically, hercule oozes vibe of scumminess in a way only matched by Cephrir to me. Nothing looks town, nothing even looks null for hercule (Ceph at least has that much with posts that're nai), it all looks like scum.

I don't see the town at all, but this does come at the disclaimer of needing to read 60ish pages.
For the record: I feel like if ABR were scum here, he'd have deliberately played in a way to get wagoned earlier-on. I had the privilege of having access to a scum PT where ABR explained his scum methodology, which he had the mod redact before the PT was released to the public. So I feel like I have slightly more insight into scum-ABR's methodology than most, although admittedly not only stale (this was like 1-2 years ago) but also rusty (I only vaguely remember the scumgame of his, I was watching the scum PT but that doesn't mean I have photogenic memory of his posts in it).

Him getting wagoned later into the day actually makes me think he's town.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yes by nature of the fact that town outnumbers scum, most flips are probably on town but I don't run around commenting on every wagon oh yeah by the way this is most likely town ?wtf?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

UNVOTE:
Stop
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2036, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Sometimes I'm the only one to be right against the entire group. It happens.
mm now I don't really understand though, do you think xtoxm is town or do you think they're scum? you were keen on the wagon earlier that's indisputable
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2008, Titus wrote:I don't get why an ABR wagon sprang up.
Because people wanna replace one wagon on town that's being scumread for understandable but ultimately wrong reasons, for a different wagon on town that's being scumread for understandable but ultimately wrong reasons.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2023, unwnd wrote:Here's my take on xtoxm and why I think he's null

You have to put yourself in a suspension of disbelief that xtoxm (along with his partners) see he's at E-2 whatever and not have some sort of reaction to it? If that's a gameplan and he's just going down for the towncred, who the hell is bussing him? There is slanker scum, I'm not denying that possibility. It's just that I think even the most feeble scum could see the town rallying to kill him and at least want to do some FUD before they're out the door
I would like this answered from the 'xtoxm is obvscum' crowd
Stop
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2029, hercule wrote:

i like her reads
but i'm wary that i'm a good pocket in the heat of that moment but i'm wary that mastina knows i'm unlikely to receive a pocket gladly :P

gottem
lol what? did you even read her reads, like actually read them. or did you just see a wallpost and like the effort
her reads are like.. decisively contrary and very underdeveloped. so yes. i liked them. i'm also waiting for them to develop.
--
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2035, hercule wrote:
In post 2028, OkaPoka wrote:xtoxm was at L-1 with intent

I mean, yes, that could be true, but also I don't think there's necessarily intent to stop the wagon there? I don't think it's a scumclaim de facto. How is that post going to change anything? If anything, if ABR is scum, I think they realized xtoxm was about to be hammered and wanted to look better post-flip. But I'm not particularly sold on it.
don't know if abr actually *intended* on stopping an xtoxm wagon but at the very least he wants us to think he's trying to stop an xtoxm wagon for whatever reasons which doesn't make sense if abr is town. abr has defended flipping xtoxm earlier in the day and nothing xtoxm has done should have changed that opinion, and its not like abr is intent on working with others to find a better wagon. its just... there
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2041, mastina wrote:
In post 2008, Titus wrote:I don't get why an ABR wagon sprang up.
Because people wanna replace one wagon on town that's being scumread for understandable but ultimately wrong reasons, for a different wagon on town that's being scumread for understandable but ultimately wrong reasons.
you talk with a lot of confidence for someone who has read less than half of the game and has noticeably bad reads
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2031, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Xtoxm at l-1 with intent to hammer, im just gonna call out the chances of him flipping town are much higher than the worst / oka / ceph vote block seem to think
*snore*

is there a reason you're still playing page 5 of a mafia game on page 80whatever?
--
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2043, the worst wrote:
In post 2029, hercule wrote:

i like her reads

gottem
her reads are like.. decisively contrary and very underdeveloped. so yes. i liked them. i'm also waiting for them to develop.
fair enough
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:22 pm

In post 2040, hercule wrote:
In post 2036, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Sometimes I'm the only one to be right against the entire group. It happens.
mm now I don't really understand though, do you think xtoxm is town or do you think they're scum? you were keen on the wagon earlier that's indisputable
I don't feel like digging through old games but day 1 xtoxm town flip feels uncomfortably familiar.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:24 pm

In post 2046, the worst wrote:
*snore*

is there a reason you're still playing page 5 of a mafia game on page 80whatever?
This isn't my show. I'm gonna grab some popcorn and watch yall do these things you do lol

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”