TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by the worst »

still down to policy abr :>
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i think there are enough people who want either xtoxm or abr today, its a matter of preference
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by hercule »

Xtoxm is never escaping the POE this game. ABR is being actively scummy, in the thread, right now. I'm fine if they are the competing wagons, people should just vote who they think is mafia
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

or in another words we are going to probably deliberate and then reconsolidate onto one of them
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2103, OkaPoka wrote:or in another words we are going to probably deliberate and then reconsolidate onto one of them
I think I would rather have a split than a consolidation for more information
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2090, Dunnstral wrote:I didn't like his response to me vs unwnd, actually, it felt like he was too far on the sidelines. I don't know his activity at the time which is why I'm not pushing this harder, but him trying to figure things out felt empty
to be fair, he doesn't strike me as the type of person who would *want* to get in the middle of a 1v1 no matter how untoxic
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2104, hercule wrote:
In post 2103, OkaPoka wrote:or in another words we are going to probably deliberate and then reconsolidate onto one of them
I think I would rather have a split than a consolidation for more information
i don't really know how much info we would get because the people who want abr and the people who want xtoxm are largely overlapping circles
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by implosion »

A000005: d(n) (also called tau(n) or sigma_0(n)), the number of divisors of n.1, 2, 2, 3, 2, 4, 2, 4, 3, 4, 2, 6, 2, 4, 4, 5, 2, 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 2, 8, 3, 4, 4, 6, 2, 8, 2, 6, 4, 4, 4, 9, 2, 4, 4, 8, 2, 8, 2, 6, 6, 4, 2, 10, 3, 6, 4, 6, 2, 8, 4, 8, 4, 4, 2, 12, 2, 4, 6, 7, 4, 8, 2, 6, 4, 8, 2, 12, 2, 4, 6, 6, 4, 8, 2, 10, 5, 4, 2, 12, 4, 4, 4, 8, 2, 12, 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 12, 2, 6, 6, 9, 2, 8, 2, 8

Link

Vote Count 1.15
Albert B. Rampage
(6): Hopkirk, Dannflor, Cephrir, OkaPoka, the worst, hercule
Xtoxm
(4): DrippingGoofball, Dunnstral, Titus, innocentvillager
hercule
(2): mastina, Albert B. Rampage
DrippingGoofball
(1): Almost50
AGar
(1): Ythan
Titus
(1): AGar
mastina
(1): Winter Flakes

Not Voting
(2): Xtoxm, unwnd

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to eliminate. Deadline is set for January 29, 5:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2021-01-29 21:00:00).
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2089, mastina wrote:
In post 2076, hercule wrote:bruh the main thing is how do you tab in after 2 days to a wagon forming on you and your only post. your ONLY post is to paraphrase some shit your teammate said?? not even a "this is fine" meme?? nothing?
Quite easily as it turns out. Xtoxm was the D2 elimination that game; go look at his posting at the bottom of his iso. Notice something?

His posting there is almost nothing--no recognition of his situation, nothing.

And that's just the example I got from the top of his game history where he was eliminated.

I could find many others.

Suffice to say: Xtoxm reacting that way isn't scum; I actually think it's town.
They posted 16 times in one day while being ran up

And then at the end after they had been voted out, they posted one more time

It's not the same thing
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 2095, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2042, unwnd wrote:
In post 2023, unwnd wrote:Here's my take on xtoxm and why I think he's null

You have to put yourself in a suspension of disbelief that xtoxm (along with his partners) see he's at E-2 whatever and not have some sort of reaction to it? If that's a gameplan and he's just going down for the towncred, who the hell is bussing him? There is slanker scum, I'm not denying that possibility. It's just that I think even the most feeble scum could see the town rallying to kill him and at least want to do some FUD before they're out the door
I would like this answered from the 'xtoxm is obvscum' crowd
Counterpoint: Why would they do that as town?

Slanking either way, not everything needs a reason
In post 2099, Dunnstral wrote:ABR is being very awkward. Not sure if he's town or scum here but he's certainly derailed this wagon.

I think we should stick to xtoxm today
good posting
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1867, implosion wrote:mastina replaces JacksonVirgo.
In post 2107, implosion wrote:mastina replaces JacksonVirgo.
woah mastina sure is good at replacing jacksonvirgo

:shifty: - implosion
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2085, Dannflor wrote:Lol you’re literally just pocketing mastina because she’s loud and will defend you
Dann.

There is a flaw in that strategy.

It is saying that ALBERT B. RAMPAGE.

Seriously thinks.

That going out of his way to pocket me, mastina.

Is a worthy investment.

In what world is me being loud and in defense of him enough to seriously dissuade a wagon on him? There's no world where that works; when I am loud but wildly off base, people just ignore me and go on to correctly eliminate the scum that I was loudly wrong on.

The only world in which my voice holds sway is the world in which I'm
not
wrong--the world where I make good, reasonable, rational, points based in sound logic that put actual genuine doubt into the nature of the wagon. That's the one and only world where me being loud has sway. Is if I am actually onto something in my defense being genuinely good.

And while I have gotten more reasonable and rational over the years, a significant portion of the team mafia crowd, ABR included, know me only as the loudmouth that is aggressively and loudly wrong. They hold very little respect for my ability to sway towns, because in their experience I don't.

You have one point which is potentially right--I don't really see why ABR would sheep me, because I would expect him to lack that respect in my capabilities, for him to not think I really have a good read on the state of the game. But even in that one point, ABR with me is the type of player who I seem to recall actually has done this before with me, when he was town, in spite of that general mindset towards me. So even in that potential point, I think it's not right.

I don't think ABR's winning strategy here as scum is to buddy up to me as a replacement and hope that I have enough sway to dissuade a D1 wagon on him through sheer force of loudness--I have not read the game, I have far less ground to stand on, there are players in this game that're just as loud as me but with far more information than me (you, tw come to mind among others), and there's plenty of players who will on policy/principle just ignore my loudness.

Me being loud and in defense of ABR isn't enough to save him.

It's only if I have actual grounds to save him that I can save him--if the reasons I am defending him are on a solid, reasonable, logical basis that has merit to it and resonates with others. And if the reasons I am defending him are solid, reasonable, logical basis with merits that resonate, then that means they're probably not something ABR came up with on the fly specifically when I replaced in. In other words. Not something that he was doing to fool me.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

xtoxm definitely was lurky in the team mafia normal no? @duck i know you were in that game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2111, mastina wrote:In what world is me being loud and in defense of him enough to seriously dissuade a wagon on him? There's no world where that works; when I am loud but wildly off base, people just ignore me and go on to correctly eliminate the scum that I was loudly wrong on.
my point was less that he's doing this as a grand strategy to save his skin and more just that it's incredibly disingenuous and doesn't reflect a good-faith town mindset regardless of his alignment
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

xtoxm not doing much about his wagon isn't a town case
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i think him lurking is NAI at best
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by hercule »

@mastina you are so far into the weeds trying to guess what ABR is thinking for a slot that patently refuses to express their thoughts
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2088, OkaPoka wrote:We flip the "deepwolf" d1
Yes we flip the deepwolf D1 who is SO deepwolf that they flip green.

In the world where, sayyyy, we flip ABR D1 and he flips green.
And flip Xtoxm D2 and he flips green.

I like my prediction for what y'all do on D3-5.

Because the reasons for wagoning ABR and Xtoxm are, largely: objectively shit, and will in hindsight when looked back on, be transparently poor to people with them realizing how shitty the reasons actually were.

The closest to a case on ABR was from Dann on "ABR is being lackluster and isn't aggressive" (which I've yet to have a chance to investigate, but I suspect will not be due to ABR being scum because ABR as scum has absolutely no issue being aggressive and coming up with reasoning--seriously, how many people here have played with ABR as scum? For those who have, was he in that scumgame of his in any way remotely lackluster in aggression? Because when I've seen ABR as scum he very much was not lacking in that department).

The closest to a case on Xtoxm is "he's not doing much, especially when under pressure", which a simple meta check on Xtoxm will show...is not alignment indicative, because that's par for the course on Xtoxm.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2117, mastina wrote:which a simple meta check on Xtoxm will show...is not alignment indicative,
I refuted your meta by pointing out that he posted 16 times in a day while being ran up, from what you linked. Here he posted once, and it was someone else's thoughts.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

sorry mastina but you need to catchup because background knowledge is kinda essential to understanding why we are voting abr or xtoxm
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 2111, mastina wrote:You have one point which is potentially right--I don't really see why ABR would sheep me, because I would expect him to lack that respect in my capabilities, for him to not think I really have a good read on the state of the game. But even in that one point, ABR with me is the type of player who I seem to recall actually has done this before with me, when he was town, in spite of that general mindset towards me. So even in that potential point, I think it's not right.
Beggars can't be choosers :giggle:

Anyways I shouldn't have garnered so much attention. The only people this helps is scum. I'll let things die down and try not to stop the show. I made 1 post about xtoxm you guys disagree with and the entire posse jumped on me. I'm town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2117, mastina wrote:The closest to a case on Xtoxm is "he's not doing much, especially when under pressure", which a simple meta check on Xtoxm will show...is not alignment indicative, because that's par for the course on Xtoxm.
that's actually not the reasons people are voting for xtoxm

you brought this up as a town case

people are merely arguing that him not doing anything now isn't a town case
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

i want to vibe with mastina posting but im just not getting anything
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2007, hercule wrote:
In post 2002, mastina wrote: I wish, but all I really got is that hercule's posts look like scum through and through. I don't really have objective reasoning for why. Everything from hercule just feels forced and fake, and looks like scum that doesn't know how to be town in a playerlist filled to the brim with greats. I just don't see anything town in hercule at all, and the few stances I've seen from hercule feel slimy.
what the fuck is this? this might possibly be the most made-up garbage read I've seen the entire game, and that's saying something considering Ythan accused me of lying about some real mundane shit. "scum that doesn't know how to be town in a playerlist filled with greats" ??????? i don't even know a single person at the table. imagine trying to metaread me and not even knowing basic facts about me
welcome to mastina

if you look closely, you will notice that she will never provide any reason for any read that isn't just another way of saying "because it feels like scum"
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

"Xtoxm said Titus townreading someone scumreading her was townish before that someone scumread her"

"ABR is trying to stop town from lynching xtoxm and he has no reads"

Those are the cases on the table right now
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”