2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #832 (isolation #200) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have both a 0.5 per receptions league in my 10 man league and a 1pt per receiving first down league in my 8 man. I could compare the final season values for all receivers to our values in this league and see how much difference really exists once week 17 completes. I know week 17 des not matter toward our games but I think it does matter per yahoo final results

Speaking of week 17 not mattering, why did reckoner just drop Mike Thomas for Mclaurin? Nero dropped Mclaurin before last week concluded since mclaurin did not play then. That makes sense to me, but why did Reckoner just drop thomas for McLaurin? All things are over this year, right? Why you do this Reckoner? Did you make a waiver claim when McLaurin was dropped and yahoo just decided to resolve it now? I don't understand
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #839 (isolation #201) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think anyone is saying ppr is bad, panzer. I think some of us just don't like its 1 possible flaw. Though if you get a 0.5 reception point and then lose 5 yards, you would still get nothing. Its not an issue when you lose more than 5 yards. Its only an issue when you lose 1-4 yards. So I wouldn't say its a big flaw

Off hand I remember my 8 team pprfd league giving out higher projections for players than my 0.5 ppr 10 team league BUT I think the true results were the 0.5 ppr league resulted in more receiver points even though you got 1 pprfd vs 0.5 ppr. BUT keep in mind this is me going from memory. I will get actual factual numbers on this and post my league comparisons here when week 17 concludes

With all that in mind, I personally want to favor whichever setup gives receivers the most between the two options and I "think" the winner is going to be 0.5 ppr when I do the comparisons
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #860 (isolation #202) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

So possible kicking, receiver, IR, bench and 10 team division/playoff changes. Wasn't there more we were considering? Can't seem to find right post about it on my phone while at work
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #862 (isolation #203) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Are they kicking around the idea of 18 weeks due to possible ways to handle something like covid or are they kicking it around in terms of just having more weeks to get more money and air time as if the nfl does not have enough of that?

In a typical 10 team no divisions 4 people make playoffs league there is no true schedule alignment. And technically there is no true strength of schedule alignment in the nfl they just try to do best they can based on divisions. But if there are no divisions then I don't think us not having a true schedule alignment is a big deal. We could always try 12 man no divisions with 4 people making the playoffs with weeks 16 and 17 being playoffs for an actual 18 week real nfl season. Do you think this solution is too crazy?

Back before the NFL had divisions, what did they do for nfl scheduling in terms of remote equality? Who do they plan to have people play in this 18th week if the team already played division opponents twice and other equal finish division wise teams, and 1 full in conference division and 1 full non-conference division?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #867 (isolation #204) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 863, D3f3nd3r wrote:money not Covid

The plan is for the teams to play the cross-conference opponent with the same placement in the division they played
two years prior
. For example, since the Jets will finish last in the AFCE and the AFCE played the NFCE in 2019, they’ll play the last-place NFCE team from this year in 2021. No idea how they’ll allocate home versus away games, the unofficial proposal I’ve seen is that odd years the AFC hosts and even years the NFC hosts.
Seems like a dumb idea for an extra game

And I wouldn't say Nero randomly added the 10 IRs. People asked him to add some, so it wasn't random. But 10 was way too many, 3 IR spots would have been fine. My Covid Sucks team had 3 IR spots during the season and they survived and I also had Mosert and Julio Jones get injured a lot on that team. For anyone wondering just how plagued my Covid Sucks team was with covid during the season. The final count of players effected by covid by either schedule changes or getting directly put on the covid list was 23. And 3 IRs was enough to get that team to a superbowl. So I stand by 3IR being enough

Avg of More than 1 covid issue a week for the 16 game season and I still made it to the superbowl in that league. I don't care I lost that Superbowl to Davante Adams, Josh Allen, Diggs, Montegomery, Taylor (Lost by almost 100pts), just getting to that superbowl with that shit luck is an achievement. My team here was the only lucky team I had this year as my remaining 2 teams had most points for and against getting 4th overall, and the last team had 13 QBs lose their starting role due to injury and or shit play throughout the season, BUT keep in mind that league allowed 2 qbs to start during every week so that wasn't a true avg of every week thing or an avg of every other week thing either.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #868 (isolation #205) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Seems yahoo decided to do the work for me. Though it lists Joe as second to last in projections despite me getting a C- draft grade and him getting a C? Not sure what is going on there.

Left to right its Pablito, Joe, me, the way, Rob, Reck, Fish, Pooky, T-bone, Nero. Rob's team appears to have done the closest to its initial projection while I was the most different
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #869 (isolation #206) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yahoo projections are very bad. Just checked my other leagues. Everyone in bottom half of their projections is in top half of the actual results. smh. Please get better with your projections yahoo!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #872 (isolation #207) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I thought that too, but looking at given projections and current draft grades it seems things have changed for not just Joe and Myself in terms of the projections. So not sure whats going on there since it must not be based on just draft grade. Regardless they are quite far off for the actual results on some people so I feel its still worth noting
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #877 (isolation #208) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Can't say I like or dislike the kicking suggestion. I see good and bad things there. Anything that makes kicking more interesting is worth considering but every fieldgoal should be at least 3 points imo
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #881 (isolation #209) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

I like 0-30 yards being 3 points. I am okay with an extra point getting added for each additional set of 10 yards or 0.01 per yard. That's all I am okay with there

Also about the ppr vs pprfd discussion, I didn't understand some parts of panzers argument, I think I get it now. In some ways pprfd can be arbitrary and favor some player rather than others for their catch. Like a guy can get 9 yards on a pass, and the next guys gets 1 yard. This results in 0.9 to one guys and 1.1 to another given who got the first down. But who really did the work? Meanwhile in 0.5 ppr its 1.4 vs 0.6. I think that's a much more fair representation.

So even though there is a flaw of catching the ball for a loss of less than 5 yards giving you 0.1-0.4 points, I think I'd rather we do 0.5 ppr. Also let's face it 0.5 is standard on many fantasy sites while pprfd is standard no where. pprfd is a good idea but I don't think we should make it a staple of our official mafia scum league when its not standard anywhere

So I still plan to get final results for my league comparisons, but ultimately I think this data and my opinion isn't going to change further
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #884 (isolation #210) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

I do think your idea can be fun. Anything fun should be considered. I just don't like the idea of a FG being less than 3 points. It can be more in many ways, but I don't want it to be less.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #885 (isolation #211) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 870, Kublai Khan wrote:Aren't the projections based on the expectations that no changes will be made through the entire season? (no adding/dropping, no benching players, etc.)
In post 871, T-Bone wrote:They are based on yahoo's draft grades
In post 872, PokerFace wrote:Yay I thought that too, but looking at given projections and current draft grades it seems things have changed for not just Joe and Myself in terms of the projections. So not sure whats going on there since it must not be based on just draft grade. Regardless they are quite far off for the actual results on some people so I feel its still worth noting

Hmm look like yahoo regrades your draft per the end of the season. I guess James Robinson and other waiver wire pickups I got did very well for me. Getting good value out of waiver very possible thing for anyone. Also I feel like final value should be all that matters. A Superbowl winner should not get a season grade less than A

Joe for example started the season out on a losing streak and turned it around quite well going on a playoff run. Some people said its impossible for someone to go from last to first with rolling waiver wire. Yes, Flamaxe had issues but a previous 10th player in Joe managed to pull it out and make 4th overall in the end. So Rolling can still work if you play it right. I still plan to introduce my new system in my espn league and will let you know how combining rolling with standing and a points based system works. I think the test experience my buds and I are going to run should be very interesting next year.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #886 (isolation #212) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Something else fun my friends are trying. Something we are calling the week 17 sixty nine. Whoever is closest to 69 points for week 17 without any outs in their lineup gets first pick in next years draft. Next closest gets second and so. Should be interesting to see where i end up
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #888 (isolation #213) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Did not do as well as I wanted. Many early choices did not pay out well this year, so may be that trend will continue next year

This was a fun year and I learned a lot in all my leagues. Gonna be fun seeing if I ready for League 1 first hand next year. Good playing with all of you. You guys are good friends and competition
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #889 (isolation #214) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Earlier D3f3nd3r brought up that the NFL may increase to 18 weak season. Here are possible easy solutions I have come to

For any league with 12 teams, keep the 14 week season with 3 divisions of 4 teams. And now make 6 teams being in the playoffs so 3 weeks of playoffs to utilize the extra game. Playoffs in real NFL just increased to 7 seeds in the 16 teams conference. That's almost half. And there used to be 6 in real NFL anyway. So why not have us expand to 6 to utilize the 17th week in a NFL 18 week season?

For any league with 10 teams, we need to think of something here that is fair. Suggestions?

For any league with 8 teams, ha ha ha. Why did you join a league this small. Go full lmao and have all 8 teams make playoffs so 3 weeks of playoffs that will utilize the extra week that way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #891 (isolation #215) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

ok so you agree my simple solution for 12 teams and 8 teams is fine?

and you think 10 teams where we get a random extra game is not a big deal?

I would not say its a big deal, but 1 random extra game feels weird. We might as well commit to not having divisions at all there and just have a standard 10 team league with no divisions and no common schedule
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #895 (isolation #216) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok so you do agree with my ideas for 12 and 8, Nero. I was making sure with part of that last post

For 10 would anyone besides me like us to do no divisions , random schedules, with top 4 in playoffs? (As I won't be in the 10 person league next year, I should not be only person to weigh in on this idea)

Looking at Bone's last post, I thought we did have longer fgs like 50yarders worth 5, 40's worth 4 and the shorter ones worth 3. If I am wrong and we are not already doing that, then adopting the latest Yahoo standard on kicking should also be done just like how most of us want some ppr mechanic next year. (I have settled on preferring the latest default of 0.5 per receptions scheme there myself)
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #896 (isolation #217) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nevermind this post. I put something in a different thread

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”