TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

people were saying it and i'm not brave
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Cephrir

I feel better about this than Agar. This or DGB.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

VOTE: Cephrir choo
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@mastina dkkoba has become mathblade for what its worth, he's a little busy in his own games but I'll talk to him when I get the chance
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2947, mastina wrote:Yes I know Ceph will complain about the "lol Ceph bussing" from me, but I feel obligated to point out how, yes, this does in fact look like scum bussing for one simple reason:
The contrast between Ceph's forced push on IV where he was opportunistic in hopping on with poor reasoning that was more shade than actual presenting of a scumread, compared to Ceph's early hop-on onto AGar with what amounts to a rock-solid case that looks like TMI in the sense of Cephrir knows AGar is scum and thus will be more inclined to think is more scum than it'd normally be, that Ceph would think that it's a case of AGar being transparently scum so he hops on while the getting is good.

Basically, the reason I actually DO think that this is scum bussing is:
Cephrir's push on IV where he hopped onto the existing bandwagon was something forced and was shading IV rather than presenting IV as scum.
Cephrir's push on AGar is completely different to his push on IV--he's hopping onto a brand new wagon with conviction that AGar is absolutely a scumfuck from .

If AGar is actually scum, which I think he is, and if Cephrir is scum, which I think he is, Cephrir as scum would know AGar was scum. Cephrir as scum knowing AGar is scum would be more inclined to subconsciously assume that AGar's posting looks much worse. (This is a common thing for scum, I've written articles on it, can quote if necessary if you want me to explain this concept in more detail.)

The contrast between Cephrir's push on IV and Cephrir's push on AGar feels like the simplest explanation is that Cephrir is scum and the difference between the two pushes is a difference in the alignment of the player being pushed. Where Cephrir was subconsciously less inclined to create a strong case on IV due to IV being town, but more inclined to make a strong case on AGar due to AGar being scum.
To explain this more eloquently.

Compare and contrast.
This is Cephrir's push on IV in full up to that point:
Spoiler: Cephrir's push on IV
In post 395, Cephrir wrote:
In post 179, innocentvillager wrote:ok Datisi scumreads me like every game at this point lmaoooo
lame excuse
In post 182, innocentvillager wrote:town: hercule, Dannflor, AGar
conflicted: the worst/Daddisi hydra
scum: VOTE: unwnd
In post 184, Dunnstral wrote:Why is unwnd scum?
In post 187, innocentvillager wrote:nvm i don't really scumread unwnd yet
but i will be watching u closely sir
i guess i want to understand what happened here, IV? this is just a very weird sequence of events to me
In post 190, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 175, Dunnstral wrote:I do think the worst has been awkward and is deserving of votes, would vote for him and IV at this point. Not necessarily both together
VOTE: Dunnstral
choosing this moment right after being prodded by dunn to go after him didn't really resonate w me; also feels a bit like a chainsaw
In post 194, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 192, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 190, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 175, Dunnstral wrote:I do think the worst has been awkward and is deserving of votes, would vote for him and IV at this point. Not necessarily both together
VOTE: Dunnstral
Explain
hmm maybe part of it was me thinking the "not necessarily both together" was a bit awkward LOL
i get having to go back and figure out what you were thinking at a given moment but it was like 2 posts ago? why are we "hmm maybe if we interpret the entrails this way" ing about an opinion that you literally just posted
In post 399, Cephrir wrote:
In post 206, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 204, Dunnstral wrote:It feels like you're making this up as you go along and tacking on whatever reason to scumread me
i am, is that scummy?
y... yes?
In post 208, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 205, Winter Flakes wrote:Dunnstral mega town off of this interaction.
UNVOTE: Dunnstral
im willing to do this but can you explain how you got "megatown"?
after that whole exchange, someone else's opinion is the thing that gets you to unvote? what
In post 212, innocentvillager wrote:ythan town
In post 143, unwnd wrote:From what I understand, IV likes being town. His best option if he's not town is to lead with nonsense and then assume someone town reads him by his gestures; this can include fluffy nonsense. The way he convinced himself that you were scummy did not sit right for me.
this might actually be a real thought because this is exactly what I tried to do to (while pocketing the worst) in Mini 2160! but i can't do that anymore, it only works once. im curious as to how you know me so well... my towngames you've seen me in were pretty different
pedit: what are you confused/thinking about?
what on earth does the likelihood of this thought being real have to do with you happening to have done that in some other game
are you some sort of space alien i don't get these processes
In post 421, Cephrir wrote:
In post 378, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 325, Dannflor wrote:
In post 249, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 243, unwnd wrote:IV
You still have nervous energy
The best way I would further describe what seems to be wrong with you is that you believe solving to be a catch-all towntell, but it's like
Page 10? What necessity is there to solve on page 10. Changing your mind or seeming like 'oh man, I'm just so worried about everything!' does not make you town
If you are town, stop forcing yourself to do things thanks
bro what are you even talking about lol
This feels like a very awkward response to what I read as a very genuine towny reach out. Personally, that's not how I would react to something like unwnd's post and innocent villager's response here seems devoid of actually trying to understand unwnd or really dig deeper into the reasons people are sorting IV as scummy
I suppose there is something to be said for not taking the easy olive branch, but on the whole it feels more dismissive than anything else, which doesn't really feel like a town approach to the game in general but certainly not this sort of attempted engagement
why are you analyzing this reaction in isolation without at all commenting on the followup conversation we had? what did you think of that?
i genuinely think what unwnd said in that particular post was confusing and i was saying, albeit in a bit of a snippy way, that his accusation was not making sense
that isn't what you said at all? you specifically were questioned about this and said you genuinely didn't understand him, and that's different from the accusation not making sense
(i'm also very lost as to how that completely plain english post apparently was hard to understand)
In post 427, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: IV
There is a bunch of questioning. A bunch of weak stuff, a push that I personally feel is shade and which I personally feel is forced, but even if you wanna go into more objective metrics: the lack of strength is self-evident in here. Nowhere in this push is Cephrir showing an ounce of confidence in IV being scum. That much is objectively true. His push on IV lacks conviction and lacks solid reasoning and is self-evidently weak. Over multiple IV posts, Cephrir's push against IV amounts to not much.

Contrast:
In post 510, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: AGar
i don't know if i'd have been bothered by this if unwnd didn't point it out but new york's hottest scumpost is 506. this post has everything:
-complaining about post count
-pointless filler that also randomly drops the only thing he's cared about thus far
-overreaction to titus
-useless nonanalysis on unwnd that turns into a suspicion for some reason
-a MYSTERY VOTE
ceph, i hate to ask, but what's a mystery vote
well seth, that's when you vote ABR without having ever mentioned him before anywhere in your iso for no apparent reason.
This post has hard reasonings, absolute conviction behind it, is solid, grounded in reality, gives concrete reasons, and has a solid basis. He shows absolute confidence. There's no questioning, there's no hesitance, there's an immediate all-in. Off of one AGar post, Cephrir immediately has a strong push where he gives no leniency to AGar, when he did to IV.

Why such a strong contrast between the IV push and the AGar push? They're less than five pages apart, in the same early section of the game.

The simplest solution is a contrast in Cephrir's perspective on the two slots, where he had reason to be hesitant in pushing IV as scum but he had no reason to hesitate in believing AGar to be condemned as scum.

Ergo, Cephrir is scum who bussed AGar immediately when AGar had a single bad post, and IV is town.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

there's no rule that says i have to play exactly the same way all the time lmao that's the most ridiculous thing ive heard all week
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2953, OkaPoka wrote:@mastina dkkoba has become mathblade for what its worth, he's a little busy in his own games but I'll talk to him when I get the chance
Right, in that case, MathBlade may or may not be the most trustworthy, it'll become obvious when he gives his stances. :P MathBlade is very much a feast or famine player; he's either really right or really wrong, usually. If he's really right, I'd trust him over Pooky; if he's really wrong, I'd trust Pooky over him.

When MathBlade gives reads here, will be able to better gauge which he is. :P (Here's to hoping it's the 'really right' tho.)
In post 2948, Titus wrote:Hot take DGB might be scum.
Quite possible.
In post 2952, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: Cephrir choo
Much as I'm tempted to join: my entire case on Ceph here falls apart if AGar doesn't flip scum. It'd be smarter to check AGar first, no? If AGar flips scum, my theory may have merit, but an AGar townflip invalidates my case on Ceph. (Well, unless IV is scum in which case I got it backwards, but balance of probability, AGar town = my case on Ceph is wrong.)
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

alright I'll talk to mathblade, if we want to follow through on the greatest coinflip in the history of coinflips this is the game to do it
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2898, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2839, Xtoxm wrote: ythan - he had one post that pinged me
"You are not authorized to read this topic"

This was probably approved by the rest of his team before-hand.
WOW

I did not notice!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 537, the worst wrote:I liked something AGar posted
(Yes I know, bad mastina, paranoia is bad, don't do this on D1, but just for bragging rights. If the interaction on page 22 between tw Ceph and AGar is 100% scum I feel like I get big fucking huge bragging rights. :P But, I do wanna reiterate: the worst is still probably town. The only way I see tw as possible scum is pretty much if all of my other scumreads are right. Any of AGar/Cephrir/hercule flipping town would make me think tw was town.)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:25 pm

In post 2904, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2898, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2839, Xtoxm wrote: ythan - he had one post that pinged me
"You are not authorized to read this topic"

This was probably approved by the rest of his team before-hand.
wait a second what the fuck

so this was written in a PT then previewed then copy-pasted over here right
I interpret this as lazy scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:29 pm

In post 2919, Cephrir wrote:what are the chances that the thread we aren't allowed to read is the scum pt vs a team pt

is this angleshooting, it feels like angleshooting
It doesn't matter.

He presented his team mate's work (or scum team mate's) as
his own in an effort to appear townie.

When I report a team mate's read, I paraphrase, and specify the read isn't my own.

VOTE: xtoxm

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 550, the worst wrote:oh hey AGar townposted again
legit looks like scum theater--it doesn't look like AGar genuinely believes Cephrir is scum or is actually trying to push him. It doesn't even look like AGar is scum making an attempt to OMGUS his attacker and to get a fight started where he cases them to try and reverse the wagon.

His post was defensive without explaining why Cephrir was scum, so it looks like he's trying to distance with a scumbuddy, rather than actually fight with a town player or being town who thinks they caught scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by mastina »

( is fine from Ceph btw. It's nai, in that it could be town or scum making it, but that's an improvement over Ceph's posts looking like scum; it's posts like that which make me favor voting AGar over Cephrir.)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:33 pm

VOTE: Xtoxm actually this vote is way better for the angleshooty reason
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:34 pm

Xtoxm is LAWKSCUM and my vote isn't moving.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:36 pm

In post 2948, Titus wrote:Hot take DGB might be scum.
If you really believe that, you HAVE to help me bus my buddy Xtoxm.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:37 pm

In post 2964, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: Xtoxm actually this vote is way better for the angleshooty reason
It's a Cyrano de Bergerac situation.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 586, Titus wrote:ABR, do you get the feeling scum Agar just wants us to turn on each other?
(Guess what we ended up doing? Yyyyup.)
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

watching the PPV today and got other stuff lined up so my presence is gonna be limited ):

my goal by end of today is to have read up on Titus agar and xtoxm
-Uncrowned Alt
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 637, Dunnstral wrote: I don't agree that ceph is scum-claiming for thinking agar is scum
I do, but in the sense of "dude I wouldn't be run up if you hadn't made this confident push on me, stop bussing me". :P
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

let’s kill xtoxm please :)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2971, Dannflor wrote:let’s kill xtoxm please :)
Dann this line is very old from you.

On principle I fundamentally refuse to argue against it because Xtoxm is not worth saving, but eliminating him on D1 is explicitly policy; he will never flip scum here. Flipping him is explicitly laziness.

If you wanna flip him for being useless, sure, go ahead. I agree with you; he's not worth defending at this point and not worth saving.
If you wanna flip him for being scum: he ain't, so go look elsewhere.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by mastina »

OkaPoka
Titus
Dannflor
Hopkirk
Dunnstral
the worst

Albert B. Rampage
Xtoxm
innocentvillager
unwnd
Uncrowned

Almost50
DrippingGoofball
Ythan

AGar
Cephrir
hercule

The more and more I read, the more and more this feels right.
Of townblock, locktown, poe-contains-1/2-scum, and just scum.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:35 pm

nah i don't believe xtoxm asked team to proofread reads in the team PT when they supposedly don't care about this game, i think this can flip scum pretty often

i don't hate the idea that there could be 1-2 scum in {AGar, Cephrir} though

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”