Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3345, MariaR wrote:In a game like this where it's team mafia? A) I would be a lot more active and vocal. Would not have allowed my partner to die Day 1 if I could help it by pushing other wagons hard
2) Never kill SPF here ever
I am so far out of my range it's insane rn
- you're having health issues though? so i don't think that lack of activity is meaningful?

- and maybe you say your partner's death as inevitable? like you're just ruling out one of many worlds where you're scum there

- i saw that argument come from scum quite a lot, so i'd be quite curious in seeing what makes you say that
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 3345, MariaR wrote:
In post 3294, Gypyx wrote:maria, you keep saying you're out of your scumrange but like, what's your scumrange?
In a game like this where it's team mafia? A) I would be a lot more active and vocal. Would not have allowed my partner to die Day 1 if I could help it by pushing other wagons hard
2) Never kill SPF here
ever

In post 3295, Gamma Emerald wrote:her scumrange is p much infinite
any time she says she's "outside of her scumrange" it's bs

but that doesn't mean she's scum yet
Not true, scum is just easy to play so it's easy to win. It doesn't make my scum range infinite. Just because I
can
do a lot of things as scum doesn't mean I would.
You instigated a wagon against me which had the effect of taking early pressure of Spring Breeze. Vanishing conveniently when it looked like my wagon could materialise into an elimination. And then you declared a Wall War on me to try and bury the hatchet without following up on it. Though you did become ill, so we'll give you some benefit of the doubt here. But you did come back to try and bail out Spring Breeze asking why we were voting out obv town. Then you must have realised it would look really bad for you if you opportunistically came back after being gone for most of the game just to defend someone who was not escaping elim thanks to Pink Ball's case. You couldn't defend SB harder because PB sent her to the shadow realm. In PB's words, there was no coming back from that once he made that post.

I don't know if scum!MariaR would never kill Spring Breeze here. I'll let someone else respond to that point. But for me I will use Occam's Razor here and explain it as MariaR knowing that SPF wouldn't let her go tomorrow.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:14 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 3350, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3345, MariaR wrote:In a game like this where it's team mafia? A) I would be a lot more active and vocal. Would not have allowed my partner to die Day 1 if I could help it by pushing other wagons hard
2) Never kill SPF here ever
- you're having health issues though? so i don't think that lack of activity is meaningful?

- and maybe you say your partner's death as inevitable? like you're just ruling out one of many worlds where you're scum there

- i saw that argument come from scum quite a lot, so i'd be quite curious in seeing what makes you say that
1) True I was having health issues at the main point of SB's wagon but unless you think my partner is Zaiden/Jingle I would've pushed that a lot harder
2) Considering the way it started? No, not at all. The case wasn't that impressive to me.
Sure scum can make this argument I'm not saying they wouldn't. But if people are putting so much respect on my scum game and still thinking they'd catch me this easily it's like???? You can't have your cake and eat it too. This is why I've basically stopped playing mafia on this site for that exact reason.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

have you ever considered just being bad at being mafia
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:18 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 3351, Zaiden wrote:
In post 3294, Gypyx wrote:maria, you keep saying you're out of your scumrange but like, what's your scumrange?
In a game like this where it's team mafia? A) I would be a lot more active and vocal. Would not have allowed my partner to die Day 1 if I could help it by pushing other wagons hard
2) Never kill SPF here
ever

Not true, scum is just easy to play so it's easy to win. It doesn't make my scum range infinite. Just because I
can
You instigated a wagon against me which had the effect of taking early pressure of Spring Breeze. Vanishing conveniently when it looked like my wagon could materialise into an elimination. And then you declared a Wall War on me to try and bury the hatchet without following up on it. Though you did become ill, so we'll give you some benefit of the doubt here. But you did come back to try and bail out Spring Breeze asking why we were voting out obv town. Then you must have realised it would look really bad for you if you opportunistically came back after being gone for most of the game just to defend someone who was not escaping elim thanks to Pink Ball's case. You couldn't defend SB harder because PB sent her to the shadow realm. In PB's words, there was no coming back from that once he made that post.
pedit: Fuck you right Cheet I'll get right on that
VOTE: Cheet

I don't know if scum!MariaR would never kill Spring Breeze here. I'll let someone else respond to that point. But for me I will use Occam's Razor here and explain it as MariaR knowing that SPF wouldn't let her go tomorrow.
I still have my old wall on you saved in my notes if you're really that interested in reading it but I don't think that solves much in this exact standpoint of the game. In fact, it kinda just takes away from everything more than anything else since I want the elim to be in 1/3 people. Also to say my wagon on you took pressure off Spring Breeze would be wrong since I started it and the pressure came after I believe? Also, that's rather nitpicky to suggest I only wagoned you to help my partner when the early pressure wasn't much to begin with.
I was sick, came back to people telling me in my PT Spring was obv town and made that post. Saw she was at L-1 and was like 'lol I can rest more? Bye!' Why does me as a wolf try to bail out a partner at L-1 instead of just going with the flow? Obviously what I did makes me look worse but you never consider the 'why'
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:19 am

Post by MariaR »

MY PEDIT IS IN THE ZAIDEN QUOTE NOOO
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 3353, Cheetory6 wrote:have you ever considered just being bad at being mafia
Dude that was a bit harsh. I thought you were reformed.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

o_o
did I accidentally make a joke sound like an insult
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:24 am

Post by MariaR »

@Zaiden From Mena: Are you intentionally dense or if it’s just incidental

Also from Mena; Norraa is acting the same way they did in Xeno blade as a wolf.

We're also still really confident on S_S wolf here
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

can menalque keep the toxic stuff to his own games.
lol.

or can you at least censor him so that we can't see it
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am

Post by MariaR »

I'll put it in nicer wording next time sure. Would anyone be down to-

why the fuck am I asking VOTE: S_S
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 3354, MariaR wrote:
In post 3351, Zaiden wrote:
2) Never kill SPF here
ever

can
pedit: Fuck you right Cheet I'll get right on that

I still have my old wall on you saved in my notes if you're really that interested in reading it but I don't think that solves much in this exact standpoint of the game. In fact, it kinda just takes away from everything more than anything else since I want the elim to be in 1/3 people. Also to say my wagon on you took pressure off Spring Breeze would be wrong since I started it and the pressure came after I believe? Also, that's rather nitpicky to suggest I only wagoned you to help my partner when the early pressure wasn't much to begin with.
I was sick, came back to people telling me in my PT Spring was obv town and made that post. Saw she was at L-1 and was like 'lol I can rest more? Bye!' Why does me as a wolf try to bail out a partner at L-1 instead of just going with the flow? Obviously what I did makes me look worse but you never consider the 'why'
I could feel it. There was scrutiny on me for being third vote on Spring Breeze but your vote and reasoning was like the oil that set it alight and the votes piled onto me. To me it felt like the ignition point capitalising on the scrutiny at the time that was on me. You also conveniently vanished and didn't offer further input once my wagon was taking off and only returned to shade me with an attempted wall war once the wagon fizzled out.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 am

Post by MariaR »

'Conveniently vanished' is an assumption that you have no backing or proof to make such a claim of.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 3358, MariaR wrote:@Zaiden From Mena: Are you intentionally dense or if it’s just incidental
Stuff does go over my head a lot. I often struggle to pick up on sarcasm or non serious quips. I can't claim to be as smart as the rest of my team since I'm more of the resident weeb. That's just how I am really.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 3362, MariaR wrote:'Conveniently vanished' is an assumption that you have no backing or proof to make such a claim of.
If it was once you conveniently vanished, fair enough. But it was more than once. And all occurrences of vanishing were exceedingly convenient from my point of view. That's the thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3345, MariaR wrote:2) Never kill SPF here ever
Why
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I think given that Maria's saying her absence has been partially related to being sick, I think it's probably better to keep that kind of reasoning in your back pocket.
Anytime you phrase questioning in terms of someone's ability to be here and call the validity of that into question it kind of goes beyond the scope of the game and becomes a little ethically wonky.

My general rule is to trust that people aren't going to lie about their absences in terms of IRL stuff and to instead try to read them based on their play when they are here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3360, MariaR wrote:I'll put it in nicer wording next time sure. Would anyone be down to-

why the fuck am I asking VOTE: S_S
Are you asking if I think SS is a fine elim? Yes. Yes I do.

Not particularly sold that voting there will make things move and shake though.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3346, Cheetory6 wrote:I remember you putting effort in when we were talking about sending you :gyp-face:
You weren't supposed to say the thing, Cheet. It taints the results. :(

VOTE: Jake
This is a Parachute.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 3366, Cheetory6 wrote:I think given that Maria's saying her absence has been partially related to being sick, I think it's probably better to keep that kind of reasoning in your back pocket.
Anytime you phrase questioning in terms of someone's ability to be here and call the validity of that into question it kind of goes beyond the scope of the game and becomes a little ethically wonky.

My general rule is to trust that people aren't going to lie about their absences in terms of IRL stuff and to instead try to read them based on their play when they are here.
Okay, that's fair enough. I think you make a fair point about believing people about IRL stuff and respecting the integrity of the game.

@MariaR, apologies. But then I wanted to ask. Do tell why you pushed me originally, have your thoughts changed and why, and what are your opinions on the current game state and who you think SB's scum partners are?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I've never been good at being subtle.

VOTE: jake
wee!!!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3349, Cheetory6 wrote:pink ball can your secret read please be jake please please please
please
please
please please?
please
plsplspls
please?
plrety plrste/?
It's not, but I don't want to disappoint you 'cause you're adorable
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3347, MariaR wrote:I'd get into more detail on how the idea of range is a pretty weird topic to begin with but that's not the point. Mena wants to elim Norra because the push on PB is just...really bad.

I don't think I wanna follow that line but he wants PB to know
Tell Mena that we had the same discussion with Auro and xtoxm
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh ok Maria is town, thanks it's nice to have that read again.

How are you feeling? Did you get enough rest?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Morning Tweet, PrivateI, Something_Smart. I'd love to solve them somehow