TM 2021: A normal roguelike

DeasVail
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 07, 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1100  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:22 pm

Thanks for your post Reck. Your post has very similar thoughts to what I've had, and it was indeed the vote on RCE at the end that triggered alarm in me.

I would like to see something from xofelf today before moving on, but I expect I will be moving on.

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1101  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:51 pm

i was gone for over a day and the game progressed... less than a page.

In post 1096, DeasVail wrote:I considered pushing Bulge today and it is still a possibility imo but in some ways the weak case on Datisi is something that I think is less likely from scum while a lurker-buddy is being wagoned? No way Bulge thought that the Datisi case would save the beeboy slot. The more I type the more I feel uncomfortable with Bulge as scum.

this is actually a kinda sorta interesting line of thinking. am i insane for tinfoiling deas/bulge though? lol.

In post 1100, DeasVail wrote:I would like to see something from xofelf today before moving on, but I expect I will be moving on.

what's the point of saying "oh i expect i'll be moving on"?? like it feels more ~for show~ rather than like. a towny thought process of solving another slot.

someone please fucking call me scum or something so i have motivation for doing things

oh i know

In post 1094, Adorable wrote:They also said their reads are gutreads but I don't like gutreads.

hey, adorable!! literally *all* my reads as town are gut reads!! am i scum now??
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Mini Normal 2205 is in day four!

xofelf
Miss Mash
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2008
Happy Scumday!
Location: Herkimer, New York
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1102  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:57 pm

Hi there, was busy when game started up.
I find it interesting that yesterday I was being looked at as being scummy if RCE was town and I hammered, but today now that he's not town, I'm scummy still? But also it was peta who was side-eying me for that hammer, if theoretically I was in fact scum, why the hell would I let that be the shot? I just look at all of these pieces and feel very:
Image
I get Adorable didn't like my previous read on her, or apparently at all how I read anybody, but come on girl. This ain't it. Sirius is right, most of yesterday was gutreads, why are you singling me out for it? Is it just cuz I stated that's how I work or do you just dislike that I thought you and Summer could have been a team so much that you've got your teeth buried into it like a bulldog and you're never going to let it go?

I don't know what to tell you DV. I'm probably just overthinking posts in general. I'm trying to put effort in to be the most helpful I actually can be to make up for having a very broken care meter about most things lately. Sorry about that.

FWIW, Reck is right, really only Ceph is reading everybody else's games, he's our MVP. And is better at explaining me than I seem to be. The post about only having 3 days was not about RCE specifically, but rather the fact that personally I find it difficult to stay engaged with a mafia game, but so much less so when the entire game feels like they aren't engaging much at all. It takes me a lot of effort to any posts because either people are already saying what I want to say in so many more better words than I can and having my iso just be littered with "this" seems counterproductive, or I don't have anything new to contribute.

I remember I had some thoughts about some stuff I was going to post when day started but I have forgotten what they were. If I do remember, I'll come back with them.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to know a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1103  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 pm

hi xof who do you wanna murder today
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Mini Normal 2205 is in day four!

xofelf
Miss Mash
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2008
Happy Scumday!
Location: Herkimer, New York
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1104  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:02 pm

hi Datisi. It's not that I wanna murder anybody in particular, but I was talking over Bulge with Ceph. I meant to look him over today to see if I could see what Ceph was seeing.

how about you, friend? Anybody look particularly yeetable?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to know a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1105  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:09 pm

my vote's on bulge. you looked over him yet? any update on summer/adorable reads from day one?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Mini Normal 2205 is in day four!

xofelf
Miss Mash
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2008
Happy Scumday!
Location: Herkimer, New York
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1106  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:21 pm

Looking him over now. There's an interaction that he has with peta in #650 that feels overly defensive and aggressive in a needless sort of way. I don't remember that being Bulge's style, but I can't remember what or if I played with him where I actually have a sense of him. It just feels weird, especially now. Also his whole vanity wagon schtick was just pure theatre, of what sort, I don't know but it was absolutely a performance and it was very clear from his posts so far that he was always going to say it was you, it felt needless. But also considering his followup was to be then "now let's look at how Datisi and peta are partners!" was just meh. I didn't like it when it happened, but I like it less now. But idk, the way his post since daystart has had that feel of the wind out of his sails doesn't exactly feel fake. And it could be an actual re-evaluation that he's doing, or it's performative. We'll see when he does come back with these notes he's said he's taken and how he goes about it. So I guess re him, I'm more confused, I could put him in either camp easily. Misguided town or performative scum, equally valid reads I feel.

I still need more from Summer. Her posts after I talked about whether or not she and Adorable were a thang, kinda made me feel a lot about her where I think she's just nice and helpful. Adorable still pings weird, but at this point I can't tell if it's just my personal interaction with her or if I still think she's scummy. That feeling of a pair faded a lot, which could be intentional on their parts after it was talked about, but it doesn't feel that way. Or at least, Adorable's side of it doesn't feel that way.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to know a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1107  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:37 pm

maybe it's me being tired and only held awake by traces of caffeine, but my eyes started hella glazing over that post, to the point i thought this is scummy because it's a lot of text that doesn't say much of anything. *then* i remembered how i was having the same feeling about your posts in haunted village and used that as an ez shitpush. so now i don't know and i once again hate this game.

do you think being nice and helpful is ai? do you have like, any thoughts about her eod1?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Mini Normal 2205 is in day four!

xofelf
Miss Mash
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2008
Happy Scumday!
Location: Herkimer, New York
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1108  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Sorry man, lots of text that says nothing sums up my mafia play. Sometimes I have good points, but you kind of get train of thought directly.

I think nice and helpful is NAI. Her end of day felt frustrated, but in a way that felt like town watching the rest of town be idiots for not just killing the obvious scum target and worried that the vote wouldn't go through or another vote would happen. I know she had been put up as a flashwagon, but her reaction didn't read like it was caught scum but rather town being genuinely frustrated and mad that they were even a wagon at all when there was an obvious scum needing to die. It just felt like a genuine reaction to stupidity tbh. Not from a place of guilt.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to know a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Adorable
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 28, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1109  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:51 pm

In post 1101, Datisi wrote:i was gone for over a day and the game progressed... less than a page.

In post 1096, DeasVail wrote:I considered pushing Bulge today and it is still a possibility imo but in some ways the weak case on Datisi is something that I think is less likely from scum while a lurker-buddy is being wagoned? No way Bulge thought that the Datisi case would save the beeboy slot. The more I type the more I feel uncomfortable with Bulge as scum.

this is actually a kinda sorta interesting line of thinking. am i insane for tinfoiling deas/bulge though? lol.

In post 1100, DeasVail wrote:I would like to see something from xofelf today before moving on, but I expect I will be moving on.

what's the point of saying "oh i expect i'll be moving on"?? like it feels more ~for show~ rather than like. a towny thought process of solving another slot.

someone please fucking call me scum or something so i have motivation for doing things

oh i know

In post 1094, Adorable wrote:They also said their reads are gutreads but I don't like gutreads.

hey, adorable!! literally *all* my reads as town are gut reads!! am i scum now??


I find this really hard to believe. I don't trust gut reads and I find them misleading. If your reads as town are gut reads then I will assume you are a distraction to town.

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1110  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:52 pm

i agree her frustration was townie, but, can i ask for your thoughts on the first paragraph of ?

pedit: @xof
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Mini Normal 2205 is in day four!

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1111  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm

In post 1109, Adorable wrote:I find this really hard to believe. I don't trust gut reads and I find them misleading. If your reads as town are gut reads then I will assume you are a distraction to town.

my recent reads-streak and getting-nightkilled-streak *strongly* suggests otherwise but / s h r u g

ok, let's hear it. what are your reads? bonus points if their basis *isn't* vague incorrect mafia theory that's been taken out of context.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Mini Normal 2205 is in day four!

Adorable
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 28, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1112  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:00 pm

In post 1102, xofelf wrote:Hi there, was busy when game started up.
I find it interesting that yesterday I was being looked at as being scummy if RCE was town and I hammered, but today now that he's not town, I'm scummy still? But also it was peta who was side-eying me for that hammer, if theoretically I was in fact scum, why the hell would I let that be the shot? I just look at all of these pieces and feel very:
Image
I get Adorable didn't like my previous read on her, or apparently at all how I read anybody, but come on girl. This ain't it. Sirius is right, most of yesterday was gutreads, why are you singling me out for it? Is it just cuz I stated that's how I work or do you just dislike that I thought you and Summer could have been a team so much that you've got your teeth buried into it like a bulldog and you're never going to let it go?

I don't know what to tell you DV. I'm probably just overthinking posts in general. I'm trying to put effort in to be the most helpful I actually can be to make up for having a very broken care meter about most things lately. Sorry about that.

FWIW, Reck is right, really only Ceph is reading everybody else's games, he's our MVP. And is better at explaining me than I seem to be. The post about only having 3 days was not about RCE specifically, but rather the fact that personally I find it difficult to stay engaged with a mafia game, but so much less so when the entire game feels like they aren't engaging much at all. It takes me a lot of effort to any posts because either people are already saying what I want to say in so many more better words than I can and having my iso just be littered with "this" seems counterproductive, or I don't have anything new to contribute.

I remember I had some thoughts about some stuff I was going to post when day started but I have forgotten what they were. If I do remember, I'll come back with them.


You were the one who stood out to me the most and yes it was also for calling me and Summer a scum team.

xofelf
Miss Mash
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2008
Happy Scumday!
Location: Herkimer, New York
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1113  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:08 pm

Adorable: The fuck? That's how you view things? Interesting. That's a real weird take. Like do you mean Datisi specifically, or a blanket anybody who has gutreads should be policy-yeeted whether they're scum or not because they are negative-town utility? Cuz that's a bold take.

Datisi: Hmmm. That's an interesting point. Why wouldn't RCE push that angle to save himself? But at the same time, I kind of feel like that's exactly why he wouldn't. If he's pretty sure he's going be yeeted anyways, why not make the counterwagon to him be heavily questioned the next day about why he didn't push to save himself? Like, if you're pretty sunk regardless, why not make people as suspicious as possible so at least the garbage slot you replaced into gets some actual impact on the game? Maybe I'm getting a little too... i think wifom is the applicable term here, but like.. idk, I can see a valid reason not to vote the counterwagon for maximum headfuckery on what seems to be a very unengaged town.

Pedit: Adorable redux: So, you're saying it's literally nothing, okay cool.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to know a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Adorable
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 28, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1114  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:16 pm

In post 1111, Datisi wrote:
In post 1109, Adorable wrote:I find this really hard to believe. I don't trust gut reads and I find them misleading. If your reads as town are gut reads then I will assume you are a distraction to town.

my recent reads-streak and getting-nightkilled-streak *strongly* suggests otherwise but / s h r u g

ok, let's hear it. what are your reads? bonus points if their basis *isn't* vague incorrect mafia theory that's been taken out of context.


I have already talked about this on day 1 with explanations and my posts were scattered in different posts.

These are the players I am currently leaning town on. Hectic, Reck, DV, Ari, Summer, Datisi, Creature.

xofelf
Miss Mash
 
User avatar
Joined: May 06, 2008
Happy Scumday!
Location: Herkimer, New York
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1115  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:39 pm

Okay, sure, but you also had Reck and Datisi as scum reads before and then said you had town leans on them, but at no point have you fully explained why you have town reads on them. The closest I can see is you said they were participating. You are wildly inconsistent.
Let me show you what I mean:
In 438 you talk about the beeboy slot not participating which is scummy. And then in 443 you say, and I quote "I often find myself scum reading players who are participating." and not even words later, "Earlier I was scum reading Datisi and Reckoner who have been participating and now I have been leaning town on them."
So which is it? And this is the closest to an explanation you give for your no longer scumreads on Reck and Datisi. You don't go more in depth, so it's real hard to follow why you think these things. You did respond to a post Reck made further up that said you might be leaning less scum, but you don't do that for Datisi. And you don't give actual theory or logical reasoning for this. You just say you like it, which is what a gutread often is!
Like you talk about people having gutreads being distracting to town, but what are you doing? Cuz you're impossible to follow and understand. I don't get you.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to know a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1116  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:46 pm

i do not have the energy to look for explanations through your iso but i am glad someone else is doing god's work doing that.

why do you think i'd be a distraction? like, you've seen my play so far, you apparently think i'm town, how/why am i also a distraction? also, why do you care so much about gutreads this game?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Mini Normal 2205 is in day four!

Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 31, 2020
Location: Minecraft (Timezone: GMT+8)
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1117  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:52 pm

like theres nothing except gutreads for d1 isnt it

everything is just ur own feelings and thats kinda 'gUtReAd'
If you ask Rick Astley for his copy of the movie 'Up', he can not give it to you as he will never give you up.
However, by refusing to do so, he lets you down.
Thus creating the Astley Paradox.
*glares at Sirius*Well played my friend, well played. - Aristophanes

Adorable
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 28, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1118  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:28 pm

In post 1115, xofelf wrote:Okay, sure, but you also had Reck and Datisi as scum reads before and then said you had town leans on them, but at no point have you fully explained why you have town reads on them. The closest I can see is you said they were participating. You are wildly inconsistent.
Let me show you what I mean:
In 438 you talk about the beeboy slot not participating which is scummy. And then in 443 you say, and I quote "I often find myself scum reading players who are participating." and not even words later, "Earlier I was scum reading Datisi and Reckoner who have been participating and now I have been leaning town on them."
So which is it? And this is the closest to an explanation you give for your no longer scumreads on Reck and Datisi. You don't go more in depth, so it's real hard to follow why you think these things. You did respond to a post Reck made further up that said you might be leaning less scum, but you don't do that for Datisi. And you don't give actual theory or logical reasoning for this. You just say you like it, which is what a gutread often is!
Like you talk about people having gutreads being distracting to town, but what are you doing? Cuz you're impossible to follow and understand. I don't get you.


These are the only players I have said on why I lean town on them.

Town read on Reck is on and
Town read on Hectic is on
Town read on DV is on
Town read on Summer is on
Town read on Aristophanes is on

I don't even understand on what you are saying and how are these gut reads?

Adorable
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 28, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1119  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:48 pm

In post 1116, Datisi wrote:i do not have the energy to look for explanations through your iso but i am glad someone else is doing god's work doing that.

why do you think i'd be a distraction? like, you've seen my play so far, you apparently think i'm town, how/why am i also a distraction? also, why do you care so much about gutreads this game?


You said that your reads as town are gut reads and I assumed you are a distraction to town when you said that your reads are gut reads. A town player saying they have gut reads can end in a miss. I also find gut reads to be misleading and this is something I have seen scum do.

Adorable
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 28, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1120  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:11 am

I forgot to mention my town read on Datisi was never explained on day 1.

DeasVail
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 07, 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1121  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:08 am

In post 1101, Datisi wrote:what's the point of saying "oh i expect i'll be moving on"?? like it feels more ~for show~ rather than like. a towny thought process of solving another slot.

It was partly me thinking that I was probably wrong in my sudden paranoia of xofelf and partly me wanting to see how xofelf responded to that. I think it can be interesting seeing how people respond to different approaches to their slot. For example day 1 I gave petapan a lot of "shade" without ever really pushing him directly, while I was more aggressive at Adorable. I don't have a specific "I expect scum-X to respond a certain way to a certain approach" but I'm using this game as an opportunity to explore different approaches and see what works for me I guess.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Summer Nights

Black Hole Defection
Goon
 
Joined: March 17, 2020
Location: Prismofctown

Post Post #1122  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:16 am

I had a different reason for deleting the avatar actually
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"

Black Hole Defection
Goon
 
Joined: March 17, 2020
Location: Prismofctown

Post Post #1123  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:16 am

Can't remember it now
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"

Black Hole Defection
Goon
 
Joined: March 17, 2020
Location: Prismofctown

Post Post #1124  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:17 am

I wonder if I have it saved or not
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Team Mafia 2021