Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 2196, Pine wrote:
In post 2180, Flavor Leaf wrote:like honestly, i dont give a fuck at this point.

if you think i'm scum here, y'all hopeless
Couldn't agree more.

VOTE: Norwegian

My team's been helping out with reads while I flounder a bit catching up. Dannflor's money is on a Norwegian/Akarin/TGP scumteam, though I'm not sold on TGP. Jingle largely agrees though we talked about tracking the night kill, trying to figure out who would have shot BB. He's not an obvious shot, and that can really say a lot. It was a process of elimination, but we thought the person with the best combination of experience, perceived threat level, and teammates might be Mistyx.

I'm feeling pretty good about those reads. {Norwegian, Akarin} and one of {TGP, Mistyx} seems most likely.

I'll support that with Townreads -

Flavor Leaf and Nancy continue to be rock solid TRs for me.

Shea is playing recklessly and punishing people who aren't as invested in the game. I fucking hate that, and it's generally anti-Town, but the vigor of it suggests he's pursuing an aggressive attempt to sort. If he were flippant and actually
pursued
his shitty vendettas, it might be a scum veneer. He's not - he drops them as soon as he has a real lead. I can respect that.

Ramcius and Iconeum are harder to read, but playing generally to a pro-Town agenda.

DEB I haven't got a clue on.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Iconeum »

ok so pine is scum

DEB potentially partner

there i've found 2

we flip these and you guys can associate the rest of the team later this game
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Ico, you're just fucking wrong on norwegian
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ftr I have other thoughts on Akarin as well that I'd like to throw out there, just finished a deep dive:

1) The juxtaposition of Akarin as town in Among us mafia with her play in this game. This isn't just an activity thing, though it's exacerbated by it. If you go back and look at her iso in that game (here you'll note the difference. The engagement with the game isnt something measured by activity but by how akarin is actually trying to solve the game. Compare a post like this:
In post 204, Akarin wrote:
In post 195, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it doesnt matter if someone needs to be in a room two nights in a row. the point of leashing the entire PL is that nobody can wander off and kill you when u r in that room alone on night 2
I meant in terms of how many nights it make take to complete. We can't just visit X number of rooms each night and cover each room on 1 night.

Maybe not enough people have combinations like mine for it to matter, but wanted to claim this before we get too far.

Also splitting into smaller groups where the towniest players are paired makes sense, but if scum have a regular NK they can potentially frame people.
or this
In post 993, Akarin wrote:Blitzo, you say a few times that no-elim is obviously bad, like to the point you want to vote for people suggesting it.

Why?

The idea behind it is that we get tasks done faster if we have more players working on them and D1 eliminations are usually on town anyway.

After 1 Day, 1/3-1/2 of the tasks are gonna be done so each miseliminated townie only adds 1 task unless they were one of the minority who didn't do one as part of keeping someone else safe.

What part of that is obviously bad to you?
with her posts in this game like this
In post 693, Akarin wrote:I sort of instinctively want to defend Zor because that wagon came up so fast, but I really don't see anything towny from them, and looking at the claim I don't like it. Debating hammering.
The majority of her posts are stuff like this. There's some stuff that's closer to the town Akarin I saw in among us, particularly when she jumps into the zoraster claim discussion, but the majority of it is just fluff devoid of any attempt to solve anything.
In post 928, Akarin wrote:
In post 761, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why did I sign up for an anime game? I still have no idea what this means.
I think both the ability name and being a JOAT are perfectly plausible for the anime character that Zor claimed, but I have some doubts that they would go together.

i.e. if the ability was going to be named "Kiin" as claimed, I don't know what it would be, but I wouldn't think it would be a JOAT. And if she were to be a JOAT I'd think the ability would be named something else given the character. See the wiki I linked for details.

Dunn thinks I'm overthinking this.
Also, the more I think about it the more I don't like stuff like this. I think its subtle shade of zoraster that was attempting to fence sit the wagon (in addition to the quote I linked earlier where she shades the wagon while saying she might hammer it. In addition to that her reason for suspecting the claim seems really dubious to me, granted I don't really know anything about anime but it seemed like she was saying "the pieces fit but not quite in the right way" which is something scum might say to casually shade to continue momentum on a wagon. We even get the "lol my teammate thinks all of this is nonsense." so we're not even supposed to put that much credence into what she's saying.

This form of wishy washy refusing to take a stand is scum indicative, and again doesn't match my impression of the way Akarin plays as town from Among us. The akarin in that game had opinions and fought for them, not meekly thrown out shade that was counterbalanced by her own teammates saying it was bad.

I also find it weird that this was thrown in randomly. If akarin is having trouble with this game why aren't her teammates helping her more? You'd think they'd be able to give more impressions about the game than the one time they've been referenced as a throwaway. In my experience playing team mafia in 2018 teams are more likely to be actively reading the game and giving opinions if you're town than if you're scum. The logic on this is very clear: town needs help finding the scum and scum do not. I don't expect people to bring up their reads from their teammates all the time and indeed I would be annoyed if they did that, I just feel like akarin is using them in a very specific way here and that's rubbing me the wrong way.
In post 1435, Akarin wrote:So I thought we didn't want to elim Zor through the JOAT claim? Did that change or was it not just as much a consensus as I thought it was?
This post is interesting because its a really weird progression with her other thoughts on Zor. She was the main proponent of not believing the JOAT claim and shading it and now is acting surprised when people didn't believe it? This seems incredibly fake.
In post 1457, Akarin wrote:Yeah, I think I'd rather any of the other non-me wagons than Zor.
Here we are staying off the wagon even though earlier we declared that zor "hadn't done a single townie thing" and after shading the claim and after saying she was considering hammering.

I'm here to VOTE: Akarin yet again.

tl;dr Even outside of the activity issues and the AtE, I think akarins interaction with zor is textbook scum trying to stay off a town wagon while still trying to give it momentum, and I think her general approach to the game is just entirely different from among us.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

pine is so blatantly obvious town here.

he never defends me as scum here, like come on
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2199, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2198, Pine wrote:
In post 2177, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm an investigative with a soft clear on status.
Fuck...you just...had to do this just as I was defending you again.

Explain, please.
im lying
Okay never mind. Carry on.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by Iconeum »

'solid' townreads on the 2 potentially strongest players in this game is just easy. It makes you stay out of harms way. It doesn't ruffle any feathers. It's so safe it just pings me like crazy. Not that I don't understand those reads, but they didn't develop very well ya feel. and FL's play here is just so anti-town, it's rough not seeing Pine call that out.

His take on me is just terrible. Pine knows me a lot better then that.

Generaly very pinged by that post yeah
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2204, Thestatusquo wrote:Ftr I have other thoughts on Akarin as well that I'd like to throw out there, just finished a deep dive:

1) The juxtaposition of Akarin as town in Among us mafia with her play in this game. This isn't just an activity thing, though it's exacerbated by it. If you go back and look at her iso in that game (here you'll note the difference. The engagement with the game isnt something measured by activity but by how akarin is actually trying to solve the game. Compare a post like this:
In post 204, Akarin wrote:
In post 195, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it doesnt matter if someone needs to be in a room two nights in a row. the point of leashing the entire PL is that nobody can wander off and kill you when u r in that room alone on night 2
I meant in terms of how many nights it make take to complete. We can't just visit X number of rooms each night and cover each room on 1 night.

Maybe not enough people have combinations like mine for it to matter, but wanted to claim this before we get too far.

Also splitting into smaller groups where the towniest players are paired makes sense, but if scum have a regular NK they can potentially frame people.
or this
In post 993, Akarin wrote:Blitzo, you say a few times that no-elim is obviously bad, like to the point you want to vote for people suggesting it.

Why?

The idea behind it is that we get tasks done faster if we have more players working on them and D1 eliminations are usually on town anyway.

After 1 Day, 1/3-1/2 of the tasks are gonna be done so each miseliminated townie only adds 1 task unless they were one of the minority who didn't do one as part of keeping someone else safe.

What part of that is obviously bad to you?
with her posts in this game like this
In post 693, Akarin wrote:I sort of instinctively want to defend Zor because that wagon came up so fast, but I really don't see anything towny from them, and looking at the claim I don't like it. Debating hammering.
The majority of her posts are stuff like this. There's some stuff that's closer to the town Akarin I saw in among us, particularly when she jumps into the zoraster claim discussion, but the majority of it is just fluff devoid of any attempt to solve anything.
In post 928, Akarin wrote:
In post 761, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why did I sign up for an anime game? I still have no idea what this means.
I think both the ability name and being a JOAT are perfectly plausible for the anime character that Zor claimed, but I have some doubts that they would go together.

i.e. if the ability was going to be named "Kiin" as claimed, I don't know what it would be, but I wouldn't think it would be a JOAT. And if she were to be a JOAT I'd think the ability would be named something else given the character. See the wiki I linked for details.

Dunn thinks I'm overthinking this.
Also, the more I think about it the more I don't like stuff like this. I think its subtle shade of zoraster that was attempting to fence sit the wagon (in addition to the quote I linked earlier where she shades the wagon while saying she might hammer it. In addition to that her reason for suspecting the claim seems really dubious to me, granted I don't really know anything about anime but it seemed like she was saying "the pieces fit but not quite in the right way" which is something scum might say to casually shade to continue momentum on a wagon. We even get the "lol my teammate thinks all of this is nonsense." so we're not even supposed to put that much credence into what she's saying.

This form of wishy washy refusing to take a stand is scum indicative, and again doesn't match my impression of the way Akarin plays as town from Among us. The akarin in that game had opinions and fought for them, not meekly thrown out shade that was counterbalanced by her own teammates saying it was bad.

I also find it weird that this was thrown in randomly. If akarin is having trouble with this game why aren't her teammates helping her more? You'd think they'd be able to give more impressions about the game than the one time they've been referenced as a throwaway. In my experience playing team mafia in 2018 teams are more likely to be actively reading the game and giving opinions if you're town than if you're scum. The logic on this is very clear: town needs help finding the scum and scum do not. I don't expect people to bring up their reads from their teammates all the time and indeed I would be annoyed if they did that, I just feel like akarin is using them in a very specific way here and that's rubbing me the wrong way.
In post 1435, Akarin wrote:So I thought we didn't want to elim Zor through the JOAT claim? Did that change or was it not just as much a consensus as I thought it was?
This post is interesting because its a really weird progression with her other thoughts on Zor. She was the main proponent of not believing the JOAT claim and shading it and now is acting surprised when people didn't believe it? This seems incredibly fake.
In post 1457, Akarin wrote:Yeah, I think I'd rather any of the other non-me wagons than Zor.
Here we are staying off the wagon even though earlier we declared that zor "hadn't done a single townie thing" and after shading the claim and after saying she was considering hammering.

I'm here to VOTE: Akarin yet again.

tl;dr Even outside of the activity issues and the AtE, I think akarins interaction with zor is textbook scum trying to stay off a town wagon while still trying to give it momentum, and I think her general approach to the game is just entirely different from among us.
Okay

VOTE: Akarin

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 2203, Flavor Leaf wrote:Ico, you're just fucking wrong on norwegian
didn't you literally just say that norwee is probably just anti-town-town?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

but guess what

my scum meta is that im ultra consistent, almost too consistent so dont care
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2207, Iconeum wrote:'solid' townreads on the 2 potentially strongest players in this game is just easy. It makes you stay out of harms way. It doesn't ruffle any feathers. It's so safe it just pings me like crazy. Not that I don't understand those reads, but they didn't develop very well ya feel. and FL's play here is just so anti-town, it's rough not seeing Pine call that out.

Hi! Please play better. I've barely been present and I'm doing better than that.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 2212, Pine wrote:
In post 2207, Iconeum wrote:'solid' townreads on the 2 potentially strongest players in this game is just easy. It makes you stay out of harms way. It doesn't ruffle any feathers. It's so safe it just pings me like crazy. Not that I don't understand those reads, but they didn't develop very well ya feel. and FL's play here is just so anti-town, it's rough not seeing Pine call that out.

Hi! Please play better. I've barely been present and I'm doing better than that.
ur Lucky your ISO starts with that combat wombat opening or i'd be all over your ass
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 2211, Flavor Leaf wrote:but guess what

my scum meta is that im ultra consistent, almost too consistent so dont care
i'm not here to fight you and tell you ur scum

i think there's a good chance ur town

and that you need to do shit and help town get out of this mess
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by Iconeum »

TGP's timing to come out and push FL is interesting
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 1549, TheGoldenParadox wrote:yeah, i did neighborize someone. i'm going to talk with my neighbor on whether i should reveal them right now or not.
did this happen? if not, why not?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2173, TheGoldenParadox wrote:(as pretentious or april ludgate)
these are my alts with their own playstyles
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

FL if you really feel so sad and done with this game or whatever. Just stop trying to prove you are better than me and focus instead on showing you are capable of scum hunting outside of this tunnel you have on me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

For example, what is your read on Akarin?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2170, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 2163, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2161, NorwegianboyEE wrote:We just came up with an idea we think would help us immensely with solving some of the slots here.
If possible i would like for the following team mates of the following playerlist to take a quick look at this game, or at least in FL vs us:

- Chennis from Mistyx's team (Quick Attack)
- Okapoka from Nancy's team (Suicide Squad)
- Johnny from TGP's team (Mask your Worries)

They may not have the time, i just wanted to ask if it's in the realm of possibility as it would really give some fresh input to the game.
This is what pissed me off from TGP, he refused to ask Johnny for his read on me.

I’ll let him know.
i don't remember this, iirc i asked noraa, told you what she said about her being bad at reading you/incorrectly townreading you, then you called me a liar
No because tbf the initial way you phrased it was to make it sound like town!Noraa had literally been fooled by scum!me in a game which because I had never ever played in a game with town!her yet - let alone been scum in a game where she was town - I knew that obviously had to be false but when you later clarified that wasn’t what you meant, I understood it.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2171, TheGoldenParadox wrote:okay right so VOTE: FL
this is just scum at this point and nancy i think you'll agree
No I don’t agree. Why is FL scum here?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2173, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm aware everyone's supposed to be bad at reading flavor but the way he's played this game reminds me far far more of his scumgames than the town games i've seen him play (as pretentious or april ludgate)
specifically, he's kinda more chill and less openly manipulative and it makes me think he's scum here
No offence but you initially wrongly read me, then Ram, so what makes you think I would then sheep you on FL? :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Pine

How much did Jingle read of Day 1/BBMolla's ISO and what do they mean by "He's not an obvious shot"?
In post 2196, Pine wrote:Jingle largely agrees though we talked about tracking the night kill, trying to figure out who would have shot BB. He's not an obvious shot, and that can really say a lot.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2223, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Pine

How much did Jingle read of Day 1/BBMolla's ISO and what do they mean by "He's not an obvious shot"?
In post 2196, Pine wrote:Jingle largely agrees though we talked about tracking the night kill, trying to figure out who would have shot BB. He's not an obvious shot, and that can really say a lot.
I like this post from Pine. It would obviously be a pointless wifom question to try to assess whether or not scum was on or off his wagon.

In CoD, scum realized that Pooky was some kind of PR by his extremely unusual play. I’m not sure if that’s the case or not with molla but I thought he was pretty obvtown.

@Norwee, would you consider molla to have been the most likely kill? I wouldn’t.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”