TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1495, OkaPoka wrote:i know a50 is weird
Your comb is weird. :mrgreen:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1697, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1494, DrippingGoofball wrote:Ceph, wagoning LLD has been like pulling teeth, her buddies are NOT bus'ing. We townies will have to do it without scum's help.
This probably the best argument for Scum!LLD I have seen so far. It's not a
perfect
argument (because sometimes Scum try to avoid the prevailing wagon to saw confusion when the eliminated flips Town. Some of us will want to eliminate ON the wagon and some off it, but the popular argument would always be "Scum
must
gave been on it", so 0-1 Scum on a Town flip on D1 increases the Scum win probability by like 50%). However, I can guarantee Scum are reluctant to bus LLD is she is on the red side.
I don't agree that it's like pulling teeth

Some people, like yourself, agar, are just not that fast to vote. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but that is what is being used to paint this as 'pulling teeth'

No, this is normal, and in fact the wagon sprung up really fast
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1697, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1494, DrippingGoofball wrote:Ceph, wagoning LLD has been like pulling teeth, her buddies are NOT bus'ing. We townies will have to do it without scum's help.
This probably the best argument for Scum!LLD I have seen so far. It's not a
perfect
argument (because sometimes Scum try to avoid the prevailing wagon to saw confusion when the eliminated flips Town. Some of us will want to eliminate ON the wagon and some off it, but the popular argument would always be "Scum
must
gave been on it", so 0-1 Scum on a Town flip on D1 increases the Scum win probability by like 50%). However, I can guarantee Scum are reluctant to bus LLD is she is on the red side.
my dude.

it got to like 8 votes without there even being a case.

that's not pulling teeth.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

NARRATOR: There were, in fact, cases plural.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1703, DrippingGoofball wrote:NARRATOR: There were, in fact, cases plural.
Then why aren't you answering when I am asking for them?

Just saying 'there are cases' is not an answer. I'm asking what is the case.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

dgb said like one sentence about it once! i was
very
convinced.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: dgb
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

dannflor why the switch? has dunnstral's reaction been towny or something?
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by hercule »

the case for scum!LLD, to me, is:

1. enters the thread with sole purpose of discrediting mastina and "eliminate players in inverse order of her preference"

2. then decides to back up this idea by saying just that my entrance was garbage

3. re-iterates that my entrance was garbage multiple times in order to get votes on me

4. rallies the thread to vote me, still with no evidence

(4.5?) big ego post about their scumgame

5. when i finally respond to her like, "ok, enough's enough let's talk" she's just like "nah lol you're caught scum"

6. when i'm like "ok well that's bullshit" she's like "lmaoooo such a scum reaction now my vote is, like, even more justified"

7. when a counterwagon forms on her, she AtEs and leaves the thread (also like, can't tell if she's mad that more people aren't voting me despite her not seeming to be sure or just mad that she's being voted)

i'm aware this is a slightly humorously uncharitable framing of her game but it also feels like a somewhat reasonable one
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by hercule »

damn I missed an opportunity for another page 69 joke there
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:14 pm

In post 1687, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not asking you to use meta

I'm asking you to look at my posts and answer this:
In post 1678, Dunnstral wrote:Do you think I haven't been insightful and explain-y in my reads this game?
Meta would be if I'm asking you to compare it to my scum/town game. I'm not doing that. You can do this exercise by reading only t his game.
i am feeling lazy (heh) and will do this later

in general i think i know what you're getting at. you're saying xtoxm thinks insightfulness/explain-yness is a towntell for you and that it's not here, but you think it is here. but also to evaluate the whole meta argument i kind of need to get a better understanding for your meta, i can't just answer this question unfortunately in isolation. but i see what you're saying and it does weaken the case for me a bit. but in general i am purposely kind of outsourcing my reads/votes to other people this game at least in the beginning, partly on purpose (because my d1 reads last game were bad and i feel like other's opinions are generally more confident and stronger than mine) and partly out of laziness.

prior to team mafia and 2180 my understanding of your posting was that it was very terse and one-lined as either alignment. have you intentionally been writing longer and more thought-heavy posts lately or am i just crazy? in that sense i just dont have a great sense of your meta. i think the fact that auro who is probably way better at interpreting this stuff than me can get your alignment right 5/5 times and is scumreading you here is just another thing making it more likely you are scum here fmpov
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1708, hercule wrote:the case for scum!LLD, to me, is:

1. enters the thread with sole purpose of discrediting mastina and "eliminate players in inverse order of her preference"

2. then decides to back up this idea by saying just that my entrance was garbage

3. re-iterates that my entrance was garbage multiple times in order to get votes on me

4. rallies the thread to vote me, still with no evidence

(4.5?) big ego post about their scumgame

5. when i finally respond to her like, "ok, enough's enough let's talk" she's just like "nah lol you're caught scum"

6. when i'm like "ok well that's bullshit" she's like "lmaoooo such a scum reaction now my vote is, like, even more justified"

7. when a counterwagon forms on her, she AtEs and leaves the thread (also like, can't tell if she's mad that more people aren't voting me despite her not seeming to be sure or just mad that she's being voted)

i'm aware this is a slightly humorously uncharitable framing of her game but it also feels like a somewhat reasonable one
1 is definitely not a scumtell. 2 also sounds like a pretty ordinary thing to do. you are currently townreading mastina for doing 4, and 4.5 is something you also have done. 5 and 6 sound like what dgb is doing too. multiple people have already said they think 7 is town indicative.

most of this i don't really see as connected to a scum agenda either and you haven't really done so here -- you've only summarized events
Bartleby the Scrivener
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:20 pm

as a side note ive been mindmelding with some of cephrir's posting lately so i consider that +town ok thanks
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

ok my points about 5 and 6 are bad but i still don't see "and here's what makes it scum" in this post
Bartleby the Scrivener
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by hercule »

@ceph I feel like you also are discrediting mastina a lot this game for little to no reason, she hasn't been rallying the thread to vote LLD with no evidence she has posted longform paragraphs, 5 and 6 I don't feel LLD has been reaching out to anyone to get them to read her, more just complaining, and 7 my teammate is very sure it's her scum AtE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

yes, i am discrediting mastina a lot this game. just because the reasons are not apparent to you does not mean they don't exist. it should be apparent this is a longstanding real opinion.

once again we arrive at the idea that long paragraphs constitute evidence. this is only true if they actually say anything logical or useful.

is everyone obligated to fight wagons on them the way you feel they should, by reaching out to people?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

it should probably tell you something that mastina does not appear to be surprised to see either LLD or myself discrediting her.
Bartleby the Scrivener
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1715, Cephrir wrote:yes, i am discrediting mastina a lot this game. just because the reasons are not apparent to you does not mean they don't exist. it should be apparent this is a longstanding real opinion.

once again we arrive at the idea that long paragraphs constitute evidence. this is only true if they actually say anything logical or useful.

is everyone obligated to fight wagons on them the way you feel they should, by reaching out to people?
well you were saying that 5 and 6 were the same for others and I'm saying they're not. and yea, usually when someone is pushing on you and you're town the natural reaction is "ok I should figure out if they're mafia or if they're misguided"
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1716, Cephrir wrote:it should probably tell you something that mastina does not appear to be surprised to see either LLD or myself discrediting her.
well I have a different opinion of mastina based in my limited experience with her so I suppose we shall just not see eye to eye here
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1717, hercule wrote:usually when someone is pushing on you and you're town the natural reaction is "ok I should figure out if they're mafia or if they're misguided"
disagree. :shrug:
people are complex.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1718, hercule wrote:
In post 1716, Cephrir wrote:it should probably tell you something that mastina does not appear to be surprised to see either LLD or myself discrediting her.
well I have a different opinion of mastina based in my limited experience with her so I suppose we shall just not see eye to eye here
and we don't have to, i just need you to understand that this isn't something coming from a scum agenda and i would be doing it regardless of the color of my role pm
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i guess if i were scum and she happened to be wrong maybe i'd shut up about it
Bartleby the Scrivener
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1720, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1718, hercule wrote:
and we don't have to, i just need you to understand that this isn't something coming from a scum agenda and i would be doing it regardless of the color of my role pm
alright I just think that if you're town you should try to not let your pre-existing biases prevent you from engaging critically with what she's saying. but if that is a bridge too far i'm not about to play relationship counselor over here lmao
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i dont enjoy doing this but people see big blocks of text and become hypnotized without critically analyzing them for actual value and i'd like to win this game without just betting it all on a black box full of random chance.
Bartleby the Scrivener
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by hercule »

I mean I just think that she does provide actual value, some of her "big blocks of text" were actually very thorough and in depth

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”