Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 2579, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
@mod is flavour actually relevant to this game?
I actually just looked up all of this stuff and came to the conclusion that flavour is completely irrelevant to both role and alignment. Flavour only slightly made sense with Zor’s role. It didn’t with molla’s, TGP’s or mine for that matter. Molla’s flavour was a thief. :lol:
TGP's flavor makes sense, his character basically invented stone-age cell phones. My problem was more with what the name of the ability was. I actually feel like the Commute and Follow parts of Molla's role make sense, although I have no idea where the doctor part comes from.

But yeah, it would be weird if they made flavor alignment-indicative, and so far it seems like everyone are from different anime anyway.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not reading that into your prod dodges, I'm reading that from you telling me to fuck off and continually responding to me pushing you by making AtE posts that seem designed to make people stop pressuring you for no reason other than AtE.

I'm reading it into you continually making claims like you're being pushed for lack of activity when that was not the case.
In post 2562, Akarin wrote:It really really sucks when people treat irl as a scum tactic. Trying to ignore this but honestly it freezes me up in my catchup a lot.
Stuff like this. It's clearly an AtE post designed to stop people from pushing you, and it is misrepping my point against you, which had nothing to do with IRL stuff but rather with me not liking your posts in the game.

I pointed that out and you responded
In post 2564, Akarin wrote:Fuck off
This is what I'm reading into, and I think its a completely reasonable inference. There were several times where you responded to legitimate arguments against you by attributing the attacks on you as due to lack of activity and then AtE'd to try to push them away. You trying to minimize that right now is also pinging me like crazy because it's basically gaslighting it was so obvious this was what you were doing.
In post 2840, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2835, Thestatusquo wrote:I don't understand how you can call my case compelling and then akarin makes like 4 posts and all of a sudden you think she's town. I don't understand that progression at all. None of the points I raise in my case have been dealt with.
That is true but I liked those recent posts. How do they not affect your read in the slightest?

She did respond to my Ram question, because I apparently misunderstood it. It’s still possible you’re right but is it not possible that you’re looking at these recent posts objectively?

Also, that entire Noraa read is really pinging me because TGP kept presenting it like she’s ever been in a past position to ever misread me.

I would think that Noraa says here, that I think Nancy’s very obviously town but I’m not completely sure because she did play decently in our recent scumgame but she didn’t say anything like that.
I did not say they didn't effect my read in the slightest, I said my issues aren't being dealt with. I don't like the way she interacted with the zor wagon and I don't buy the argument that "Oh tgp claim (who I also don't know the alignment of) has allayed all my fears about zor claim" makes a ton of sense as a claim, because as I pointed out in this sentence, she doesn't know the alignment of tgp either so why would that change her opinion?

The recent posts are fine but I think they're very easily fakeable by a scum player who is being pressured for their life. I don't think they outweigh the things I was scum reading her for.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2750, Akarin wrote:Hey, so I just want to say I'm here.

I am going to post today.

My cycle of posting has basically been "ugh, posting around noon is the worst, I'll do this tonight." *something comes up at night* I'm exhausted and think I should stay up to catch up on the game but never catch up, eventually decide I should go to sleep because I'm exhausted and I'll post early in the morning and wake up early. Have trouble sleeping, oversleep. By the time I get to the game again it's like noon.

I don't feel like I've had a good night of sleep in a month.

At the same time I don't really want to replace out.

But I have in the back of my head when the time to post is, keeping thinking I'll do it before then and keep putting it off. Then I panic post around when I need to to not get prodded.

Game gets upsetting, and I say I'll come back to it that night.

Cycle repeats.

I didn't want to even say this because I don't want to deal with it, but I also don't want to get force replaced while I'm catching up or something.
Now I’m sure Shea won’t like this but considering the fact that you sr her for doing this yesterday, don’t you think if she were scum here, one of her buddies would have told her to knock it off? The fact that she made another post similar to the one you sr her for yesterday, makes me think that she’s on her own in this game.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Norwegian/TGP/Status still my hero solve
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

probably not right, but if im alive later in the game, it will be good to look back at
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 2851, Thestatusquo wrote:You trying to minimize that right now is also pinging me like crazy because it's basically gaslighting it was so obvious this was what you were doing.
But that wasn't what I was trying to do at all.

so re:gaslighting: no u
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Akarin »

I really have a problem with all the shaming thrown my way, which is unrelated to reads but is pretty damn related to trying to fucking engage with the game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2852, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

My cycle of posting has basically been "ugh, posting around noon is the worst, I'll do this tonight." *something comes up at night* I'm exhausted and think I should stay up to catch up on the game but never catch up, eventually decide I should go to sleep because I'm exhausted and I'll post early in the morning and wake up early. Have trouble sleeping, oversleep. By the time I get to the game again it's like noon.

But I have in the back of my head when the time to post is, keeping thinking I'll do it before then and keep putting it off. Then I panic post around when I need to to not get prodded.

Cycle repeats.

I didn't want to even say this because I don't want to deal with it, but I also don't want to get force replaced while I'm catching up or something.
Now I’m sure Shea won’t like this but considering the fact that you sr her for doing this yesterday, don’t you think if she were scum here, one of her buddies would have told her to knock it off? The fact that she made another post similar to the one you sr her for yesterday, makes me think that she’s on her own in this game.
I'm not scum reading her for lack of activity. I think its obvious that she has real genuine things going on in her life which would be true of either alignment. I don't think "scum buddies pushing her to knock it off" is any different from "town pushing you to knock it off" or "team pushing you to knock it off."

If shit really sucks shit really sucks and you're not going to get pushed out of that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2855, Akarin wrote:
In post 2851, Thestatusquo wrote:You trying to minimize that right now is also pinging me like crazy because it's basically gaslighting it was so obvious this was what you were doing.
But that wasn't what I was trying to do at all.

so re:gaslighting: no u
Are you serious?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2857, Thestatusquo wrote:

Cycle repeats.

I'm not scum reading her for lack of activity. I think its obvious that she has real genuine things going on in her life which would be true of either alignment. I don't think "scum buddies pushing her to knock it off" is any different from "town pushing you to knock it off" or "team pushing you to knock it off."

If shit really sucks shit really sucks and you're not going to get pushed out of that.
Like I think this logic is really bad in the context of team mafia nancy, don't you think?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 2851, Thestatusquo wrote:"Oh tgp claim (who I also don't know the alignment of) has allayed all my fears about zor claim" makes a ton of sense as a claim, because as I pointed out in this sentence, she doesn't know the alignment of tgp either so why would that change her opinion?
Because TGP's alignment was
completely irrelevant

A TGP-Zor scumteam wouldn't be trying to pick a 2nd weird name for an ability as some form of defense, and in the more likely case that at least 1 of them is town, then it means town has a weird ability name that I don't think makes sense, which was my whole problem with Zor.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

@Shea, I’m not at all suggesting that the recent posts clear her but are enough for me to doubt my sr on her. She is sounding really townie today and I like that better than anything I’ve seen from TGP all game.

His extreme 180s on FL also really bother me as well. One post, FL’s a strong gut tr, the next he’s obvscum and then Johnny who he claimed to have checked with before unvoting me and has never revealed what Johnny’s actual verdict was - said that FL was town and once again - BOOM! yet another flipflop on him.

Town doesn’t usually have that kind of progression on a slot. It’s hard to believe his read on FL is real.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 2858, Thestatusquo wrote:Are you serious?
Completely, I wanted to just say "no u" but felt like that'd seem too much like a joke when it's not, really.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2860, Akarin wrote:
In post 2851, Thestatusquo wrote:"Oh tgp claim (who I also don't know the alignment of) has allayed all my fears about zor claim" makes a ton of sense as a claim, because as I pointed out in this sentence, she doesn't know the alignment of tgp either so why would that change her opinion?
Because TGP's alignment was
completely irrelevant

A TGP-Zor scumteam wouldn't be trying to pick a 2nd weird name for an ability as some form of defense, and in the more likely case that at least 1 of them is town, then it means town has a weird ability name that I don't think makes sense, which was my whole problem with Zor.
This...is a reasonable point.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2862, Akarin wrote:
In post 2858, Thestatusquo wrote:Are you serious?
Completely, I wanted to just say "no u" but felt like that'd seem too much like a joke when it's not, really.
Then I think you are either lying or completely lack self awareness.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2861, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Shea, I’m not at all suggesting that the recent posts clear her but are enough for me to doubt my sr on her. She is sounding really townie today and I like that better than anything I’ve seen from TGP all game.

His extreme 180s on FL also really bother me as well. One post, FL’s a strong gut tr, the next he’s obvscum and then Johnny who he claimed to have checked with before unvoting me and has never revealed what Johnny’s actual verdict was - said that FL was town and once again - BOOM! yet another flipflop on him.

Town doesn’t usually have that kind of progression on a slot. It’s hard to believe his read on FL is real.
Can you run down the case on TGP for me from your perspective? It's another slot I've kind of lost track of.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 2864, Thestatusquo wrote:Then I think you are either lying or completely lack self awareness.
no u
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

i think scum are more likely to use their partner's reads and voices than town, tbh. Sure, I think it's good for town to get other people involved, but like, i just dont see scum not doing that ever, so i think thats one of those things people just are generally wrong about sitewide
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Akarin »

I mean literally you're telling me what my obvious motives were for previous posts when that wasn't actually my motive and just repeatedly telling me it obviously was.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2868, Akarin wrote:I mean literally you're telling me what my obvious motives were for previous posts when that wasn't actually my motive and just repeatedly telling me it obviously was.
I am conceding the possibility that you lack self awareness here but reducing every attack against you to "I wish people would stop attacking me for being inactive" when none of them were about that is definitionally misrepresenting the point and you definitely were doing AtE whether or not it was genuine (again, I believe it was!) but what I find scummy is using that AtE repeatedly as a response to people attacking you. Which you did. Undeniably. I don't know how you can say you didn't.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Cycle repeats.

If I were scum here and I was getting sr for doing a specific thing, why wouldn’t my buddies encourage me to stop doing whatever that was?

Like how does it help her to continue to do this, when she had every reason to expect you to jump on her for it?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2870, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Cycle repeats.

If I were scum here and I was getting sr for doing a specific thing, why wouldn’t my buddies encourage me to stop doing whatever that was?

Like how does it help her to continue to do this, when she had every reason to expect you to jump on her for it?
Because I think her inactivity is real, and NAI. And why wouldn't her teammates do the same thing as well? Like your point was you think she's playing like she's alone here which means you think shes more likely town. My response to that is even town isn't alone in team mafai.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2861, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Shea, I’m not at all suggesting that the recent posts clear her but are enough for me to doubt my sr on her. She is sounding really townie today and I like that better than anything I’ve seen from TGP all game.

i flip flop as well, so i don't love this, but it's a supplementary case, so it's solid.

I still think Norwegian over TGP here is the correct play.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 2619, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If Akarin is town then it proves both me and FL are most likely in a SvT
What's your reasoning on this, Norwee?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 2869, Thestatusquo wrote:I am conceding the possibility that you lack self awareness here but reducing every attack against you to "I wish people would stop attacking me for being inactive" when none of them were about that is definitionally misrepresenting the point and you definitely were doing AtE whether or not it was genuine (again, I believe it was!) but what I find scummy is using that AtE repeatedly as a response to people attacking you. Which you did. Undeniably. I don't know how you can say you didn't.
I don't think I've even
addressed
most of the attacks against me.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”