Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1596, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1595, Creature wrote:Yawn man. DGB is asking why is xofelf still alive. All their posts so far reek demotivated scum.
Really? My team (Jingle) has told me Hectic's towncase for xof was pretty solid and I think they're just having a hard time engaging here.

I could ass them to my slots to iso but I have a feeling they're going to come out as town.
Meh. Feels like we're both potato teams trying to read some useless lurky slot. One of us will be right for the wrong reasons probably.
Sigh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1598, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1596, Aristophanes wrote:I could ass them to my slots to iso but I have a feeling they're going to come out as town.
Ari I don't know what this means.
add**

Fuck man why can't I type these last couple days!?

I could Iso xof in with Sirius, Bulge, and Reck, all of whom I currently have tabbed and am trying to motivate myself to look into, but I think I'll come out with a townread so I'm not motivated to, especially with the one hoing the "ho hum" on the slot not even voting them.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1599, Aristophanes wrote:Also you're not voting them so ???

Do you scumread DV more strongly? Is xof a backburner read for you?
Like not voting them but complaining about them being here and being scummy is, well, not a good look.

Ninja'd
This was @Creature
I don't even know what I'm doing. I'm trying to see a world in which both xofelf and DeasVail are town and so far that world would most likely point you as scum.

rn my lynch choices are like either you or one of DV/xofelf and the latter has like my team's total support.
Sigh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1600, Creature wrote:
In post 1595, Creature wrote:Yawn man. DGB is asking why is xofelf still alive. All their posts so far reek demotivated scum.
Really? My team (Jingle) has told me Hectic's towncase for xof was pretty solid and I think they're just having a hard time engaging here.

I could ass them to my slots to iso but I have a feeling they're going to come out as town.
Meh. Feels like we're both potato teams trying to read some useless lurky slot. One of us will be right for the wrong reasons probably.
I mean, without 3Ps in this game, having opposite reads means one of us has to be wrong and the other one right?

I don't understand.

(also, potato teams!? That's a new one for me...)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1603, Aristophanes wrote:I mean, without 3Ps in this game, having opposite reads means one of us has to be wrong and the other one right?
Yeah, as I was saying, one of us has to win that one coin toss lottery.
Sigh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1602, Creature wrote:
In post 1599, Aristophanes wrote:Also you're not voting them so ???

Do you scumread DV more strongly? Is xof a backburner read for you?
Like not voting them but complaining about them being here and being scummy is, well, not a good look.

Ninja'd
This was @Creature
I don't even know what I'm doing. I'm trying to see a world in which both xofelf and DeasVail are town and so far that world would most likely point you as scum.

rn my lynch choices are like either you or one of DV/xofelf and the latter has like my team's total support.
I guess you should vote for them then. I mean, I'm town and I think those two slots probably are soo so, well, Iunno what to tell you here.

Oh, and inb4 Reck coming in to say I'm scum with DV because DV townreads me now and I am telling you to vote somewhere else when your vote is on him even though this is totally reasonable with context considered...
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1604, Creature wrote:
In post 1603, Aristophanes wrote:I mean, without 3Ps in this game, having opposite reads means one of us has to be wrong and the other one right?
Gotcha lol

Roll a d2 here and one of us has to be right but there's equal chance of either because they're realistically a full null. Understood.
- Jingle
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1606, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1604, Creature wrote:
Gotcha lol

Roll a d2 here and one of us has to be right but there's equal chance of either because they're realistically a full null. Understood.
This reminds me that's the reason DGB initially wanted xofeld dead before. Full nulls can be a hindrance if left alive for too long.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Creature »

Also, sometimes null slots can indeed flip scum. They just live long for being boring lynches.
Sigh
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Adorable »

I read through RCE where he mentioned xofelf. I still don't know what to make of RCE's iso of xofelf and I see he was asking them questions.

On one of my completed scum games from another site before I got lynched with a wagon leading on me I did an iso of my scum buddy and this was for to make my scum buddy look town.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Yeah okay I skimmed xof and they're fine. They need more spoons. But their content is good when here, or id at least making a good attempt at the game. I think that's good enough :)

I like that my pop-ins haven't changed their nosewrinkles. That feels genuine and not put on.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1609, Adorable wrote:

I read through RCE where he mentioned xofelf. I still don't know what to make of RCE's iso of xofelf and I see he was asking them questions.

On one of my completed scum games from another site before I got lynched with a wagon leading on me I did an iso of my scum buddy and this was for to make my scum buddy look town.
While this is possible scum usually stay away from their scumbuddies moreso and making an Isodive is less likely to be scum/scum most times.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 886, Sirius9121 wrote:
In post 828, RCEnigma wrote: Sirius/Xof were just low posters, being time strapped the idea was to get through the shorter isos first.
im not a 'low poster'

my posts are just low quality
I lol'd at this.

Also VOTE: Sirius

I know I'm fluffy at times but I can't get anything from this slot.
Creature, you want to vote a full null? This is the full null. At least xof has content.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Also Also yes I still need to read Reck and Bulge I just shut down each time I start.

Iunno what else to say.
- Jingle
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by xofelf »

Okay hi, this got pushed further down my list than I intended it to. I get it, my lack of interaction and engagement comes across as AI, I wish it was, it's just seasonal depression. But! I am going to say fuck it and do shit in spite of it.

So we're going to start with making a decision about Ydrasse. She's scummy. Let me tell you why I think she's scummy. She's kind of queen of stalling. If you look through her iso, a good half of her posts are wait I'll get to this later or now I can do things! and then not doing anything. Now I know this coming from me, is especially pot kettle. But let me give you an example of what I mean. Let's take a look at 1249, she's got this energy to really bite into this game, and I know I was excited to see what she was going to do with it. And then she spends her next god I don't know how many posts with some real weird interactions with Hectic. Maybe they're friends or whatever, I really don't care, she does nothing actually constructive with her posts. She just creates noise, and with a game that is already apathetic with interaction, it doesn't feel like a towny thing to do to add posts that don't do anything towards solving. That just feels like upping page count to maybe kill motivation of reading and posting for a game which is already suffering.
The first time she gives content, it's a reaction to Bulge's read list which, she only says "yeah bulge is town for this." "+town bulge" and does not elaborate on any part of what she actually agrees on for content. She does suddenly engage with Datisi, and writes up 3 paragraphs of why she thinks he's town, but it's also just a lot of extra words and a lot of it is just meta related talk. Which kinda feels like she has enough past experience with Datisi to specifically point out past situations that will make Datisi feel a certain way about what she's saying rather than have him just look at the words she's using and this game alone. And then she does revisit Bulge in 1415 and it boils down to "oh his reads are similar to mine" which anybody can just say.
And then there's that whole weird whatever the fuck in [urlhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12585717#p12585717]1515[/url] like, if this is a joke what the fuck, how is this a funny thing? But also, this does not seem like the time or place for yet even more shitposting.
But I'd also like to circle back to some of the only information we have and can theorize about, peta's flip. I wanna take a look at post 910. He votes for her for a lot of her fluff and then disappearing, and not doing much of anything. And it could be argued that a lot of her OKAY I'M GONNA DO STUFF, is in reaction to Peta who was town and looking at her style of play and wanting to attempt to look like she's doing things in order to not have the same suspicion on her.

So Ydrasse is still doing the make posts for the sake of posts and content that doesn't mean anything under much scrutiny at all. So, with that in mind.
VOTE: Ydrasse

P-edit: Ari, when I had initially looked to post this morning, you had promised to do stuff and you hadn't actually done anything and I was real annoyed. BUT in the rest of the day since, you've actually stepped up to try to do what you promised. Keep it up. I'm still not sure where to put you, but you're giving some amount of content so hackles are down for now.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

xof, I'm around if you have the energy to talk about the game here.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

See reading my post that feels like I needed a ":)" not a period at the end. Sorry :(
I appreciate the p.edit tho I don't think I like the vote tbh
- Jingle
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by xofelf »

Sure, what's up?

What don't you like?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1617, xofelf wrote:Sure, what's up?

What don't you like?
I've been talking with the team and well, I tihnk we've landed on an Ydrasse townread. Her posts are just too laid back in a lot of ways to be coming from scum, almost as if she's not worried about how she looks.

I get that she's a lot of filler fluff but there's also a lot there to work with and I don't think this is a game where filler fluff is a good idea for scum. I just don't really see it after looking at it with this in mind.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1430, xofelf wrote:Ydrasse switching to her main just feels like theatre, and not fun theatre. That being said, some of her points feel like good ones. I think she's noncommittal in the same sort of way I tend to be, she's just better with words and consistency. I'm not really sure what I think about her, I keep flip-flopping on whether I like her. Ceph says she's scum though, I'm not sure if I agree.
Can you tell me how you went from the above quote to the current read and where you were at vs where you are at?
- Jingle
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

Maybe it's not a good game for it, but at the same time, it's not a good game for town to do filler fluff. Like it's a net-negative no matter which way you slice it. I also talked with Ceph for a while about Ydrasse to try to figure out why he thought she was scum, and a lot of the posts I brought up came from that discussion. In the post of mine you're quoting, I said I was flip-flopping. Cuz there is a lot that has made me think she's not town. And there's some stuff that could be town because it does remind me of myself a little, just the whole of it all just sits bad with me. So much of her content is nothing, and she has a lot of posts. I'd expect more effort to actually do something of some kind from town. Like yeah I know I'm not great, but I'm trying and I give what I feel about what's going on and try to give posts to actually justify this.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1618, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1617, xofelf wrote:Sure, what's up?

What don't you like?
I've been talking with the team and well, I tihnk we've landed on an Ydrasse townread. Her posts are just too laid back in a lot of ways to be coming from scum, almost as if she's not worried about how she looks.

I get that she's a lot of filler fluff but there's also a lot there to work with and I don't think this is a game where filler fluff is a good idea for scum. I just don't really see it after looking at it with this in mind.
Ari I would argue that a lot of her posts actually seem very focused on how she looks.

Why don’t you think filler fluff is good for scum?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Like, that’s the whole point of most of her posts. How many of her posts are about finding scum/town and how many are to look a certain way?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

HEY!
You are great! Don't even <3

I feel like the off-topic filler is a way to get grounded here. I do the same thing a lot. If I feel the game slipping away I try to at least be present and sometimes that's not via game-related interactions.

I think I see what you're coming from but it's also not a slot I think flips red for it.

Ninja'd one sec DV
- Jingle
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

Okay, why not? Also, if any of your reasons are meta, that's not going to mean anything to me so, try to keep it this game focused or more mafia theory centered, yeah?

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”