Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I've designed and ran and played many games without town protective roles? Not to mention the fact that the joats had protective modes as well. This doesn't not sound like an intellectually honest argument.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 3440, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The only world in which this is a good idea is if we think Misty!scum. But i don’t so let’s just try to eliminate scum.
this is a good idea if you have any consideration of me being scum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Ascetic 1-shot BP would be really powerful in this setup for scum, not that i think that exists, just doing some game design stuff
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Mistyx »

I don't believe Pine's claim because I don't think DEB uses the strongman n2 after his D1
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Mistyx »

Last year's mini theme

2-shot alien
1-shot Loyal neighborizer
1-shot vig
Doctor
BP/Loved/Hated granter JOAT
Watcher/Tracker/Follower JOAT
VT
VT
VT
VT, I think

1-shot strongman
2-shot roleblocker
Watcher/Ninja/Commuter JOAT
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3469, Flavor Leaf wrote:i am starting to think Norwegian is a Scum JOAT based on them seemingly thinking that scum had to have a JOAT and pushed me for it earlier. I personally have been gut reading Norwegian as town since end of Day 2, but i do think Norwegian/Nancy look the worst on VCA, and some of the posts theyve made. However, I can see them both doing those posts as town.

JOAT's a fluff role, it looks like a lot of power, but it's really limited because we're just 1-shots of everything, and then using what on certain nights.

I think the JK claim is real, even if it's scum here.

Thrill on a No Kill kinda mentality.
Why do I look bad on VCA? And should it make me suspicious that it’s practically obvious to everyone else but apparently you and Ram that I’m very obviously town here?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3478, Mistyx wrote:I don't believe Pine's claim because I don't think DEB uses the strongman n2 after his D1
Doesn’t town jk make sense with a strongman though? It has to make sense with something. At least of FL/Pine has to be telling the truth here even if FL continues to be hopeless at reading me. But him continuing to push me is somewhat pinging me because I don’t think he’s dumb.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3480, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3469, Flavor Leaf wrote:i am starting to think Norwegian is a Scum JOAT based on them seemingly thinking that scum had to have a JOAT and pushed me for it earlier. I personally have been gut reading Norwegian as town since end of Day 2, but i do think Norwegian/Nancy look the worst on VCA, and some of the posts theyve made. However, I can see them both doing those posts as town.

JOAT's a fluff role, it looks like a lot of power, but it's really limited because we're just 1-shots of everything, and then using what on certain nights.

I think the JK claim is real, even if it's scum here.

Thrill on a No Kill kinda mentality.
Why do I look bad on VCA? And should it make me suspicious that it’s practically obvious to everyone else but apparently you and Ram that I’m very obviously town here?
yes, but not of us.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

you're just on the 5th spot of zoraster wagon, which is like the over the hump VCA, and lead the TGP wagon.

Like, I'm thinking of creating a puzzle system out of VCA, I've seen Mastina post one before, and I kinda wanna do something like that, but have players compete against scoring the best in a purely VCA type of way.

I think this current era of mafia, people like to really push away VCA (and that's been in other eras as well) but I feel like a lot of current players have absolutely no idea how to do wagonomics and VCA.

That's kind of my whole playstyle in a way, not necessarily that, but I like to see the game from an outside perspective, unbiased completely, then i like to dive into my placeholder spot in the gamestate, and use my gift of gab to persuade the gamestate in a different direction to see which way scum tries to balance it out again. And I look at each individual instance of those situations, and then lay them out on top of each other, and see which slots are effecting it because they have a different agenda.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

i also try to make a connection with every player in the game in some way, and feel it out when i feel they're lying or making something up.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

So like...there's a lot of things I think look really townie, but at the end of the day, are incredibly scummy.

I kind of did that in a Newbie game where I was scum, that scarred me for life, because I was just so able to go that entire game just doing things that look townie while running the game.

How To Open Wolf 101 is real, and that'll be my next scum guide, because no matter what, scum always do things that are scum indicative, some people just can look insanely townie to people, and actively work the pockets.

And I think knowing when you're being pocketed is really important. It's not bad to be pocketed, you just gotta break out of it if you are being pocketed. ive caught players who were trying pocket attempts on me before, Ilicit Substances, PlusJoyed AND Bork, gottem both within a day and a half, even though they were in my town block Day 1.

Scum have to do things to get you to town read them, they just do.

Not relevant, just thinking bout stuff
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

oh, right, I'm thinking about the possibility of me being pocketed by Pine, but my gut really town reads him. Like, I feel this soul read, and it kinda feels like how Krazy and I were in TENET, we KNEW each other were town...and then I started to get paranoia...

So that also makes me gut read Pine as town.

But I was actively thinking that scum had a JK like right before Pine claimed it. Like earlier today. I dont remember where, but I wonder if this game was getting setup that way.

So I'm trying to look objectively on a non personal level on why people could be scum, and Nancy has a pull, but maybe she has a pull as town, I see that, it just does look similar to a scum controlling the game, and that happens sometimes, don't yell at me.

Pine pocketing me and then this whole game being scum hiding behind me....also makes sense.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

That’s very nice FL, I’m still bleeding obvtown.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

hmm...

ramcius, what do you think? Can Norwegian and Pine both be town?
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 3481, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3478, Mistyx wrote:I don't believe Pine's claim because I don't think DEB uses the strongman n2 after his D1
Doesn’t town jk make sense with a strongman though? It has to make sense with something. At least of FL/Pine has to be telling the truth here even if FL continues to be hopeless at reading me. But him continuing to push me is somewhat pinging me because I don’t think he’s dumb.
fair
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3300, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3296, Flavor Leaf wrote:Nancy being scum kinda just makes sense here, but if she's scum she just wins because we cant push her without her overreacting.
Nah man, i highly doubt scum!Nancy plays like this.
In post 3326, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3317, Flavor Leaf wrote:norwegian, like im town reading you more for the derps, and maybe it's just me not explaining it correctly, but You, as town, pushed me, also town, along with Taylor and Gamma, both scum, where I was rude af to Gamma, and he dropped the "no longer friends" line on me.
That is true, but i've got also another meta case where Nancy goes on a similar rant like this to Shirou in Dung Beetle and they were town vs scum!Shirou in that game so i'm not exactly keeping tabs on the "no longer friends" statement as a reliable tell for scum.
In post 3418, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don’t want us to lim Misty.
They’re not even close to my top scumreads.
In post 3439, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think this Misty idea is awful and i don’t see the point.
I don’t see why scum!Norwee makes these posts about me and Misty?

What did you claim again? FL kind’ve ruined my day, so my reading comprehension is shot.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Mistyx »

me or norwee
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3491, Mistyx wrote:me or norwee
Norwee, I know you claimed venge.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

[instagram][/instagram]
In post 1525, PenguinPower wrote:
Night 1
It is now Night 1, which will last for (expired on 2021-01-29 14:34:25). Please submit your night actions prior to this deadline or they will not count.

Spoiler: Night 1 Elimination

Welcome, BBMolla! You are Lupin III, a member of the
Anime Empire

Your Abilities
  • Voice of the Empire
    : During the day phase, you may use your voice as a member of the Anime Empire to vote to eliminate one player.
  • Escape Artist!
    : During the night, you may activate your ability and target one player with the below functions:
    • Doctor
      : You may activate your ability and target one player. If successful, this player will be protected from one night kill. You may do this once during the game.
    • Follow
      : You may follow your targeted player to find out what action they performed. You may use this function once during the game.
    • Commute
      : When activated, you are rendered untargetable by any means for that night phase. You may use this function once during the game.
Your Win Condition
  • Destroy Untrod Tripod
    : You win when all threats to the Anime Empire have been eliminated and there is at least one Anime Empire member alive.
Please confirm by responding to this PM stating your alignment and character name.

The game thread can be found here.

Good luck, have fun, and destroy Untrod Tripod.
VOTE: Flavor Leaf

Molla already flipped doc.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Nancy, i literally claimed I had the same role as Molla WHEN I claimed
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3494, Flavor Leaf wrote:Nancy, i literally claimed I had the same role as Molla WHEN I claimed
You also keep trying to get me miselimed eventhough I’m obvtown to everyone but you and Ram. Even Shea - who’s never played with me before can see that.

Okay, who did you doc?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3220, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think I'm faded if I claim, but i have the exact same role as BBmolla.

Doctor/Follow/Commute

Mikasa from Attack on Titan
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3495, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3494, Flavor Leaf wrote:Nancy, i literally claimed I had the same role as Molla WHEN I claimed
You also keep trying to get me miselimed eventhough I’m obvtown to everyone but you and Ram. Even Shea - who’s never played with me before can see that.

Okay, who did you doc?

WHEN THE FUCK DID I EVER FUCKING TRY TO GET YOU ELIMINATED I DIDNT FUCKING SAY THE ONCE

pissing me the hell off with that reading comprehension
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

like im literally about to blow the fuck up right now, Nancy, so like...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I actively will never town read you.

In any game.

In game ever, I will never town read you for the entire game.

I dont care if you are a mason

That is not how i fucking play

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”