NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3648, Thestatusquo wrote:For me today just boils down to this: I think JK makes much more sense as a scum claim than a town claim in this game and I think pine has done very little to indicate he's town.

I don't like his response of "THINK I'M THE ONLY TOWN PROTECTIVE POWER" as if that clears him when a) It's not true there are two town claimed/flipped roles with protective abilities and b) setups get run without town protective all the time.

Hell, akarin just finished playing a game I ran without a real town protective role.
Yeah i think we can all keep arguing about FL tommorow, but Pine has just not been playing town. He's kept his same stance on me since like day 1? His reads don't even evolve even giving the flips. It's pretty clear to me he is both lying about his claim and doesn't care about the game.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Akarin »

My goal is the same as TSQ's here, I don't want people clearing FL for reasons I think are wrong.

And I think I've got a decent shot at being dead tomorrow (because I don't trust the claims.)
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3637, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Crumbing a future JOAT claim when you knew there was likely 1 JOAT (Zoraster) and a second one (Molla) was not confirmed until he crumbed himself. Does make sense for scum!FL to do.
But then killing molla? How isn’t that suicide? Like I suppose it’s possible but it’s just such terrible play for him.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I really don't care if it's terrible play for him, he can still be scum regardless.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3652, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3637, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Crumbing a future JOAT claim when you knew there was likely 1 JOAT (Zoraster) and a second one (Molla) was not confirmed until he crumbed himself. Does make sense for scum!FL to do.
But then killing molla? How isn’t that suicide? Like I suppose it’s possible but it’s just such terrible play for him.
You're literally making the argument that it isn't suicide right now by saying it clears him. Not so terrible a play if it clears you.

WIFOM. Come on, Nancy, you have to know this is all WIFOM.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Akarin »

Can I just say, I
really
think we should end our last day with eliminating Misty first and letting her vig the consensus scum read?

Misty is actually a pretty high town read for me at this point, but I initially didn't like her interactions with DEB and I don't want this to be the kind of claim scum can get away with gambitting and then never getting called on.

Maybe it's paranoid, but if we do it last there's no cost and it removes one possible losing scenario.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3651, Akarin wrote:My goal is the same as TSQ's here, I don't want people clearing FL for reasons I think are wrong.

And I think I've got a decent shot at being dead tomorrow (because I don't trust the claims.)
Yes, which is why I didn’t like Pine not agreeing to jk you. How does that make any sense? Both Pine and FL should obviously be on Misty/Akarin tonight but only Pine has refused that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3655, Akarin wrote:Can I just say, I
really
think we should end our last day with eliminating Misty first and letting her vig the consensus scum read?

Misty is actually a pretty high town read for me at this point, but I initially didn't like her interactions with DEB and I don't want this to be the kind of claim scum can get away with gambitting and then never getting called on.

Maybe it's paranoid, but if we do it last there's no cost and it removes one possible losing scenario.
I don't think doing it on the last day if we end up there is an inherently bad idea. But not today obviously.

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3655, Akarin wrote:Can I just say, I
really

I'm mind melding with akarin a bit here. I also think it's just correct play wrt a claimed vengeful generally speaking.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 3652, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But then killing molla? How isn’t that suicide? Like I suppose it’s possible but it’s just such terrible play for him.
Nancy: One of the JOATs had a Watcher, you woludn't want to leave Zor alive as scum under any circumstances. Would you really want to take a risk on a 2nd JOAT being relatively benign?

We aren't assuming scum know the setup, right?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3654, Thestatusquo wrote:
You're literally making the argument that it isn't suicide right now by saying it clears him. Not so terrible a play if it clears you.

Well we’ll see.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think if anyone was scum here with the information that Molla is Joat they would shoot Molla. I don't see why on earth not.

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3660, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3654, Thestatusquo wrote:

Well we’ll see.
I mean, it's WIFOM regardless of the particular facts in this case. That's kind of what WIFOM means.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3659, Akarin wrote:
In post 3652, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But then killing molla? How isn’t that suicide? Like I suppose it’s possible but it’s just such terrible play for him.
Nancy: One of the JOATs had a Watcher, you woludn't want to leave Zor alive as scum under any circumstances. Would you really want to take a risk on a 2nd JOAT being relatively benign?

We aren't assuming scum know the setup, right?
That’s true.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 706, Flavor Leaf wrote:And my role fits my flavor.
Wondering about this.

Doc, Commuter, Follower

It fits commuter very well, but I don't see the rest of it, esp. Doc, which is the most powerful part.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Akarin »

I guess I agree that FL was kind of locked into the JOAT claim. I don't think it's that unlikely that we'd go back and look at this after claims if FL was still on the table (and FL was always going to get some attention if still alive at endgame.)

Spoiler: The section of the game after Zor's claim and FL's crumb
In post 727, Iconeum wrote:
In post 721, Pine wrote:
In post 716, Pine wrote:
In post 698, Flavor Leaf wrote:for what it's worth, I have reason to believe zoraster's claim is real, even if they are scum.
This pings me strongly as Town, and that makes me breathe a huge sigh of relief. I was really worried there weren't any adults in the room.
@Ico

Why does FL post this as scum.

He's clean.
i dunno

to look slightly better if/when Zor flips town?
In post 728, Flavor Leaf wrote:i think that actually makes me look worse
In post 729, Iconeum wrote:wouldn't it be better to give Zor a pass today and see if they survive a day or 2? With a JOAT claim they have a target on their back anyway.

I fully realize how this post looks if Zor were to flip scum but hey i'm not one to hold back :)
In post 730, Iconeum wrote:Like, what's better? Potentially killing a scum JOAT, versus risking losing a town JOAT?
In post 731, Flavor Leaf wrote:You're right.

Potentially killing a scum joat is better.
In post 732, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm not actually gung ho about fading Zoraster. Never was.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

If FL is scum, than I don’t want to be the idiot who defends him here.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 897, Flavor Leaf wrote:I still don't love Zoraster, but he seems to be borderline obsessed with bringing me up, so that could be one reason. I still think there's a chance they're scum.
In post 898, Flavor Leaf wrote:their big post has a lot of IioA, there's some stuff in there I like, but I don't think it's all that spicy. Let them live for the day, fine.
In post 1052, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm generally less concerned about DEB because as the game progresses, I don't think I'd ever be able to not read him correctly.
I'm not sure if FL is scum, but if claims weren't in the mix, it would be him, Misty, and Pine for me. And Pine and FL's interactions look
so
bad to me.

And I really think all the reasons people are listing why that can't be true are just incorrect.

But I also want to take the time to look at other things.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mean, I think the strongest reason to think FL is scum is pine associatives and given that we havent flipped pine yet I dont want to put the cart before the horse. As long as youre open to FL possibly being scum if pine flips scum then we gucci here.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Akarin »

Okay, so I didn't mean for those quotes to end up in the above post, but I didn't like how FL interacted with Zor's wagon post claim as it died down.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Akarin »

Yeah, I'm done talking about FL for now. I'll be back later and look at something else.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Concurrent scum eliminations should be
Pine -> FL
And if one of those are town (which i don't think, but assuming they are. Maybe take another look at Ramcius or TSQ. Everyone else are townie to me. Maybe have MistyX use his vengekill if we're in ElO. That's it.)

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Her.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 3.02

thestatusquo(1)
~ (18)

Pine(1)
~ (84)

Not Voting (6): Mistyx(33), (111), Flavor Leaf(177), Pine(16), thestatusquo(31), Akarin(41)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2021-02-24 12:25:00)

Mod Notes
  • Have fun!
<(") | (")>
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe