Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4800 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Pagetop mafia?
Where every pagetop gives an advantage?
No spamming allowrd?
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4801 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Ythan »

I expect that to lag badly shortly before each pagetop. Where exactly depends on the anti spamming rule. This is all just speculation though!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4802 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by Gypyx »

how about bottom text mafia
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4803 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what does that even mean
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4804 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Gypyx »

same as siruis's idea but with pagebottoms
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4805 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s not what I expected actually
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4806 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

bold of you to have expectations

bottom text
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4807 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Titus »

I am posting here, and linking in my signature, to see if there's any interest in reviving the "Versus" series.

I would be seeking a town stump and a scum stump to each PM me to confirm they are interested.

Spoiler: Versus Series rules
  • Signup Rules
    • There will be nineteen players in all.
    • There will be two treestumps: One town and one scum. These players are decided presignups and indicated in the signup title.
    • Seventeen players will /in.
    • This game has wisdom of the stumps and mod due to the drafting mechanics.
    • 13 players will be town and 4 will be group scum. There are no third parties or traitors.
  • Creating the Teams
    • The Masonry
      • The Town stump picks how many masons they want up to three.
      • For each mason the town stump doesn't pick, they get a one shot normal role of their choice with any normal modifier. Both treestumps are ascetic and unkillable.
      • Once the town stump has determined how many masons they want, they submit a list of that many players plus four. (Ex: If the stump picked three masons, the stump would submit seven names.) This will be their mason pool.
      • The moderator(s) will take this list and remove the scumteam.
      • The moderator(s) will then randomize the remaining names to determine the masons.
      • These player(s) will then get a private PT with the town treestump.
    • Drafting the Scumteam
      • It's strongly recommended that the scum treestump have discord, skype, or be willing to use site chat to draft their scumteam.
      • From the list of 17 players, the moderators say two players who cannot be scum.
      • The scum treestump drafts a player.
      • The moderator(s) then determine two players who cannot be scum.
      • The scum drafter picks again.
      • Two more get removed.
      • This continues until the scum team is filed.
      • The scum and their stump have a PT.
    • Creating the setup
      • Once the scumteam has their players, the scum treestump creates their team's roles.
      • The scumteam can pick most anything they want, and the moderators balance town around their pick.
      • The scumstump may also submit two rules the moderators must follow when designing the setup. (Ex: No cops/gunsmiths, All town must be joats). Any broken rules will be rejected.
      • The scumteam may not pick any alignment changing roles or any roles that automatically tell them who the masons are. Any gamebreakingly OP scum roles will be rejected.
      • Once the scumteam has their roles and the masons are determined, the moderators design the setup within 48 hours.
      • Balance is strived for but not guaranteed.
      • The moderators may create new roles or mechanics to create a fun setup.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4808 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by Ythan »

Would you play a game where you have to hydra with everyone else who shares the first letter of your username?
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4809 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

Signing up with an alt beginning with an exclamayion mark or other symbol
Like the four horsemen of the apocalypse, not like a woman who is really into horses.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4810 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by Ythan »

Thanks for immediately bringing that up I didn't want to clutter that post up with this!

I'm assuming a maximum of 26 hydrae, or one more for everyone else.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4811 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:46 am

Post by Sirius9121 »

I have an idea for a zodiac theme
is there any record of this being run before
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4812 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Cook »

I have an idea for a large theme revolving around World War I, but it seems like something that could have already been run.

It'd be a lot of PTs.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4813 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Corporate mafia.

The employees of BigCorp have been infiltrated by upper management. You must seek out and identify these infiltrators and fire them. While upper management is alive they can attempt to pass various policies that effect the entire game.

Each day start, management (mafia) can create a new policy and send it to the mod. That policy will include the name of the policy and include what post restriction they would like to implement. The mod will decide if it is to harsh or not. If it is accepted, the mod will create a similar sounding name and post both policy names without descriptions in the game. The mod policy if passed does nothing. The management policy if passed would implement a post restriction on everyone for that day.

Day start would have everyone in the game voting on which policy they would want implemented. Town will not know what each policy does, they would only see the names that the mod created and management created.

Example: Management decides to create a policy called "Project Sunrise" That includes the post restriction: No punctuation is allowed to be used. The mod accepts, and creates their own policy: "Project Sunset" which if passed does nothing. (or maybe gives town a slight advantage somehow... maybe and extra day?)

Mod posts in game. "2 policies are on the table. Project Sunrise and Project Sunset" You must vote for one of them in the next 24 hours or management will be allowed to pass any project they want."
Town (employees) doesn't know which is managements policy.
Majority passes a policy.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4814 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Gypyx »

sounds kinda frustrating to play tbf

bottom text
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4815 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Cook »

My World War I theme game is getting to be significantly larger than I was expecting. Currently projecting it at around 40 players.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4816 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Hectic »

Sounds pretty fun
All of the countries that remained neutral will be the scum faction, right? Switzerland as deepwolf
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4817 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Gypyx »

/in

if i don't roll luxembourg i'll immediatly replace out

bottom text
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4818 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Cook »

In post 4817, Gypyx wrote:/in

if i don't roll luxembourg i'll immediatly replace out
Check back in like six months when the idea has finished marinating and I've even gotten a chance to mod some more.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4819 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 4816, Hectic wrote:Sounds pretty fun
All of the countries that remained neutral will be the scum faction, right? Switzerland as deepwolf
Scum faction is currently Central Powers but not due to bias, instead it's due to number of ideas, how many nations there were and also mechanics revolving around the nations.

Due to other mechanics particularly involving recruiting neutral nations, neutral nations are 3p survs with varying abilities.
PageTopAndy
PageTopAndy
Townie
PageTopAndy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4820 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 am

Post by PageTopAndy »

In post 4800, Sirius9121 wrote:Pagetop mafia?
Where every pagetop gives an advantage?
No spamming allowrd?
YASSSSSS
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4821 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Shirou »

I would like to see how much interest there's in some ideas I had for games, mostly theme games or flavour:

- culinary, duel or sports competition/tournament game (block of players vs block of players or there's casual duels/competitions during the day)

- battle royale of sorts where you can actively choose to betray town or not

- an investigative flavoured game where coordination of night actions from the detectives/cops or mafia is an essential part to the victory of the faction

- RPG-like game where players choose their class, get EXP, and unlock skills, also partially focused on coordination of mechanical play (I do wonder how to implement a dungeon-like system in the game?)

- a sort of game where everyday it's introduced a new mechanic, for example, D1 it's a Dance Game, D2 it's a modified Coalition, D3 it's Popcorn Mafia, etc (hard to balance, probably)

- nightkill-less kingdom game where it's about choosing a candidate to become King/Queen by Day X, and the alignment of the crowned King/Queen decides the winning faction, I was probably thinking of making many neighbour, messagers or similar roles here so that during the night players would gather up in circles to discuss strategies, actions, etc against rival player blocks, despite not knowing each other alignment (basically a game where you town hunt, rather than scum hunt).

Feel free to steal any of those ideas as well if it interests you, don't forget to potentially invite me though.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4822 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Cook »

Public Access Mafia.

You are all the new hirees for a public access television station, which is on the downtrend due to the introduction of the Big Corporate Syndicate TV station competing for airtime. They've sent spies in to the ranks of the recruits to sabotage the station from within while slowly driving their ratings down.

Since drama makes good television, the trainings will be taped and broadcast.

The hirees are in charge of keeping the Ratings up by being dramatic during the day, but also each day must vote to create a team of producers who create a show in a PT that will prop up ratings and provide a powerful 1-shot to the Town.

Scumteam can win either normally or by driving ratings into the ground.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4823 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Cook »

In post 4821, Shirou wrote:I would like to see how much interest there's in some ideas I had for games, mostly theme games or flavour:

- culinary, duel or sports competition/tournament game (block of players vs block of players or there's casual duels/competitions during the day)

- battle royale of sorts where you can actively choose to betray town or not

- an investigative flavoured game where coordination of night actions from the detectives/cops or mafia is an essential part to the victory of the faction

- RPG-like game where players choose their class, get EXP, and unlock skills, also partially focused on coordination of mechanical play (I do wonder how to implement a dungeon-like system in the game?)

- a sort of game where everyday it's introduced a new mechanic, for example, D1 it's a Dance Game, D2 it's a modified Coalition, D3 it's Popcorn Mafia, etc (hard to balance, probably)

- nightkill-less kingdom game where it's about choosing a candidate to become King/Queen by Day X, and the alignment of the crowned King/Queen decides the winning faction, I was probably thinking of making many neighbour, messagers or similar roles here so that during the night players would gather up in circles to discuss strategies, actions, etc against rival player blocks, despite not knowing each other alignment (basically a game where you town hunt, rather than scum hunt).

Feel free to steal any of those ideas as well if it interests you, don't forget to potentially invite me though.
Culinary Mafia could be interesting. I've always wanted to see a TV show where two players are secretly traitors and must outlive the rest of the game.

As an actual board game I was working on a The Thing-style game (this was developed before Among Us surged) where 5 players were trying to keep an arctic base running by collecting food and fixing failing stuff, meanwhile an unknown number of infected players would be uninformed and working against the science team. The two unique twists were that since it was modless you had to decide via unanimity of surviving players to end the game when you thought the infected were eradicated or if you were trying to get endgamed as an infected, and the other one was that a scientist (town) could think "I'm going to win this alone" and win it for themselves by killing everyone else.
Long story short on that one, I'd be intrigued to play/mod a Mafia game where the winners were the ones who were alive and you
could
be a 3p on the "town" side.

Detective Mafia might be interesting.

I will get to work on an RPG-style game.

I like the sound of the Mixtape Mafia.

I'm working on that right now actually.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4824 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4823, Cook wrote:I'd be intrigued to play/mod a Mafia game where the winners were the ones who were alive and you could be a 3p on the "town" side.
all survivors mafia is a terrible idea and worst thing you could do is add two cult leaders

bottom text

Return to “Mafia Discussion”