In post 1690, Creature wrote:That leaves:

Sirius9121
Aristophanes
Summer Nights
xofelf
DeasVail
The Bulge
xRECKONERx
I hate how townreading any of these players makes me feel wrong.
Sigh
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:19 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1675, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 1669, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1665, Datisi wrote:WHY is it tanking??? WHY does it feel like every single game relevant thought you put into this thread was pulled out of your ass 3 seconds earlier without any cohesion whatsoever????
because this is the second vote you’ve made on me now and the first one fucking sucked and here you are again back on board datisi that’s why

i’m literally playing on my fucking 15 min break and don’t exactly have time to go back and hard reread and i’ve been trying my best to get back into a game to be helpful
This post is incredibly towny. Reason being is that the anger behind this post is solely due to Datisi incorrectly scumreading Ydrasse. Ydrasse does not get mad about this if Datisi simply has a correct scumread. She
does
get mad about this if she's frustrated at Datisi continuing to incorrectly read her (or be scum pushing her).

Scum can be frustrated if they think the push is unfair or based on bad reasons. but Ydrasse isn't even talking about any reasons, she's just frustrated about the push itself because she knows it's wrong

Basically, the self-righteousness is really towny

and I don't think Ydrasse has ever faked this kind of thing as scum
I want to trust your judgement here but I don't see that kind of post from Ydrasse as town posting. From my perspective, it's a very easy "put emotion into my posts!" way of looking town, especially for someone who is attracting townreads because of that.

Ydrasse knows that her posting at the end of day 1 was the thing that people townread most, so why
wouldn't
she continue that kind of posting.

Like, sure it could be town, but it could so easily be scum trying to look genuine and town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: The Bulge
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Augustus Caesar »

Using anger to her advantage as scum would be a first for Ydrasse is the thing, and I'm aware Team Mafia calls for changing up your meta, but the anger here feels and reads genuine to me. I haven't read any part of it and thought "is she
actually
mad here or faking this?" - it just all feels real

and if the emotion is genuine, it's very towny for the reasons given
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:02 am

*reasons I gave earlier
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 1657, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 1389, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1387, DeasVail wrote: Bulge, the reason I asked you the question I did is because it kind of feels like you're holding yourself back from townreading me, with all these qualifiers of "DV is a very skilled player" etc. that stop something that would otherwise be town about me from being a reason to townread me. What is your basis for being particularly concerned about my ability as scum, compared to other people?
disagree. there have been more posts from you that pinged me in some way than from any of my townreads. there are 3 main reasons why you are not a scumread. the way you pressured RCE is one of them, and would be the most impressive part of your play if you do flip red.
but a doomed slot is a doomed slot, and I think we both come from an era of mafia where there are no holds barred when it comes to bussing a partner replacing in like that
(daytalk made all the scum on this site soft!).
I also really liked the way you tried to squeeze content out of creature, but with him in my top scumreads I have to consider the possibility of his buddies coming in to bail him out of a content hole.
finally, painting yourself into a corner saying you will likely end up townreading me upon review was a good look for you
, but these are only words. So yea, there are things holding me back, but I don't know where you get the impression that I should have you higher on my list?
=
I don't like these takes actually. the Deas/Creature partners scenario is so unlikely that it feels more like a filler thought process, rather than something that should be more than very negligible in Bulge's head

=
bussing is one thing, but it's about the manner in which you bus and reasons given

=
is it? why can't he just review you and then say he changed his mind or came to a different conclusion? town could easily think they'll do one thing after review but land on another. feels like another fabricated read. POSSIBLY
Bulge is one of those players I haven't been able to get a town read on and I can follow you on that.

VOTE: The Bulge
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Citceh »

that's L-1
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 pm

In post 1707, Citceh wrote:that's L-1
Hum de dum
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Who are you?

hah never mind
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

But yes I can see that I’m not getting far with the ydrasse thing right now and would be satisfied enough with a bulge vote.

My scumpool right now is Bulge/Datisi/Ydrasse. I townread everyone else.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by DeasVail »

(I don’t actually think Datisi works that well as scum with either bulge or Ydrasse so that’s probably a “if one of my townreads is wrong” sort of scenario)
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Adorable »

I didn't even know that was L-1.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by The Bulge »

lmao what the fuck

all the votes are bad except hectic's which is just wrong. I've got some time slotted for this tonight, hope some of you will be around.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by The Bulge »

or feel free to like drop in and leave a reason or like anything else associated with the vote, @literally everyone but hectic
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

please get a votecount here ISIS
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1714, The Bulge wrote:or feel free to like drop in and leave a reason or like anything else associated with the vote, @literally everyone but hectic
I don’t really have much of a reason, unfortunately. I am aware it’s frustrating though
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.7
  • Sirius9121 (He/Him)
    (1) - Aristophanes
  • Augustus
    Caesar (He/Him)
    (0)
  • Aristophanes (He/Him)
    (2) xRECKONERx, The Bulge
  • Datisi (He/Him)
    (0)
  • Ydrasse
    (She/Her)
    (1) xofelf,
  • Creature (He/Him)
    (0)
  • xofelf (They/Them)
    (1) Ydrasse
  • DeasVail (He/Him)
    (0)
  • The
    Bulge (Any/Any)
    (5) Augustus Caesar, Datisi, Creature, DeasVail, Adorable

• Adorable (She/Her)
    (0)
  • xRECKONERx (He/Him)
    (0)
Not Voting (1): Sirius9121,
Deadline: (expired on 2021-02-14 04:00:00)

A three prize level, but it's hard so it just breaks even.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by The Bulge »

can someone take a vote off please? I doubt I will be able to interact in real-time with anyone I want to (hectic, dv come to mind atm, but I'm also anxiously waiting to hear from my wagoneers) until Saturday due to timzones and my work schedule.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I am at E-1
because the vc is not clearly showing that
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1564, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1499, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1494, Ydrasse wrote:VOTE: aristophanes

skimmed for sirius in his iso after he said he was down to kill sirius which like, hypocrite here, but i just don't like ari saying it. LMAO. feels like sirius has always sort of been on the table for him which is... it feels like he's been building up to be able to vote this when it's the easiest thing that someone could do this game, wagon-wise.
What a weak as fuck vote.
I have sirius on the table because they're literally a nothing slot that doesn't look like it's going to change and I'd rather just nuke it now than have to deal with this in an ELo situation.

Also, "Ari's kinda always said they'd vote Sirius so I don't like them saying they'll do it if it is an option" is fucking dumb.

Sure, it would be easy. Maybe that's part of the appeal for a slot with as much engagement in the game as I have. Maybe I also want to nuke a slot that could totally be scumbut nodoby would ever know because they're purposefully useless?

This is dumb.
Ari this post seems very different from your other posts
I had this exact thought

In post 1583, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1580, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1576, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1575, xRECKONERx wrote:ari you have posted a LOT in 24 hours but almost none of it is reads or gamesolving or progression hm
what do you think about the things he has posted then?
...that none of it reads as gamesolving or progression

are you like, reading the fucking post you're quoting
“almost none of it”

yes i am reading your post
this interaction in particular moves reck up on my list a couple spots and brings ydrasse down a few. individually their recent posting has me leaning this way as well.

In post 1638, Datisi wrote:the only "towny" thing i recall from ydrasse in this entire game is her throwing a fit at eod1. that's it. do i think she's scummy? eh, not quite. but not sure anyone in this game fits "scummy" right now. i don't mind voting her. i do think her townread or whatever on me is like... not good.
this made me realize I have the same read of ydrasse.

In post 1647, Ydrasse wrote:can i not be scums eod push again lol
datisi called this as well, but this looks almost like a slip to me. I'm not talking tmi, I mean like how scum under pressure might be prone to throwing shade wherever it might stick, and ydrasse momentarily forgot what she was implying with peta already being flipped. I'm not satsified with the followup to this either.

In post 1664, Augustus Caesar wrote:Regarding Ydrasse:

read her town ISO here
and then compare that ISO to any of her scumgames

the reason I don't hold as much water in this reason is that it's actually the reason I used to townlock her in that very linked game, which means she's very aware of it.

But even still, excessive shitposting/flavour is town-indicatve OR NAI for Ydrasse, but not scum-indicative
pulling a page from reck's book here

I don't blanket-hate on meta to the extent he does, but meta townreads like this are indeed trash. I've said before, the more you talk about someone's meta, the less reliable a meta read becomes. the more meta-driven players there are in any given playerlist, the less reliable meta becomes. ESPECIALLY for townreads. especially for a slot that has been blatantly buddying you all game. are you not at all concerned you're being pocketed?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1640, Augustus Caesar wrote:Deas states RCE is looking a lot like scum straight after RCE posts for the first time. No one else has reacted to RCE's initial posting and Deas is the first to do so. Scum!him has no way of knowing how people will react to it, unless he didn't have any part in helping RCE in the PT, and just let him post a fairly weak catchup. I think scum!Deas doesn't just put forth this RCE-catchup-bad narrative right from the getgo, but would at least allow others to react to it first. Like, this was RCE's first posts, it's close to a clean slate on a lurker-slot rep-in, Deas doesn't need to do this to his partner as scum.
did you consider the angle of the cutthroat scumpartner ridding himself of a liability? my first impression was that scum would never treat a partner slot like that, especially with such force and aggressive timing. but that got me worrying it was for cred. this hypothetical reminds me of a marathon I played where everyone was separated into neighbourhoods who had 50/50 control over a vigshot. petapan was my hoodpartner and when n1 started, he immediately suggested we shoot pooky. I agreed, and he flipped scum. peta and I townread each other so outwardly that nobody could touch us. I was calling him conftown from hood interactions, who could disprove me? I believed it until literally his last post when he pulled a fake "not hammering in lylo so not scum" bit before engaming me. turns out his partner pooky had no idea what was coming. now I know that's a marathon, and this is team mafia, but the situations are more similar than they seem. would peta have shot his partner that early with no warning if it were a serious game of mafia, not to mention team mafia? probably not, because that would objectively be a dick move and a waste of your partner's time. but how much time did RCE sink into this game? would dv feel any remorse for cutting the cord the second he smells an inevitable sinking ship? the beeboy slot had already been a big pain in the ass for the scumteam all game. especially if dv was feeling at all paranoid about the replacement, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility for that to have been a slightly trigger-happy but extremely high-reward bus.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1654, Augustus Caesar wrote:VOTE: The Bulge

my case is

the reaction to peta's prodding feels over the top and like The Bulge is trying to appear strong/looking for a fight

the case on Datisi also feels over the top for the reasons given - "incredibly scummy to me"

My one read that resembles a scumread is a toneread. these are dark days
here is a snapshot of peta's deathtunnel on me in Smoke Filled Antechamber. we were both town.
In post 3267, petapan wrote:
In post 3262, The Bulge wrote:
In post 3121, petapan wrote:
In post 3027, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2989, SirCakez wrote:Well for starters I'd argue that both only becoming active when all of the conftown came out is scum indicative in itself
Both have been essentially attacking and trying to discredit the other people in the not-conftown pool who suspect them when it should be pretty obvious to both of them why they are suspected
uh, why is that first thing scum indicative? all the conftown coming out narrowed the pool significantly, making it easier to get a footing in this game. if anything, i would say disappearing when all the conftown appear is scummier, since you would imagine scum could get discouraged when that happens.
what

no that's like the exact opposite of reality and should be especially clear from your POV

look at it this way: we are in a reality where, unless you or bell are scum, virtually the entire groupscum faction went largely under the radar on day 1 and faced no serious pressure. sure, the traitor died, but up until now, whoever it is has done a very good job of keeping out of the spotlight. they have been successfully flying under the radar. suddenly half the game is claiming masons and the pool of potential votes just got very, very narrow. whoever it is can no longer afford to simply hide away, they have to suddenly appear the most town, they have to show WIM and effort, a sudden burst is likely to get viewed favorably.
why didn't you just fucking vote me in this post lmao
blow me fuckboy
you can feel free to joint iso us, if you scroll back earlier you get the real meat of our debate when it's a little more civilized. this might be actually a useful or pertinent read for you if that's your thing. my point is there is a precedent for the tone I took against peta.

over the top? I had two points lol. but I already renounced that post and the read along with it, so have at it I guess.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1656, Datisi wrote:
In post 519, The Bulge wrote:
In post 466, beeboy wrote:Is anyone here is there something I should know before I read back?
My team has been yelling at me while I do other things and I am starting to feel bad.
this is not good
i can sorta see bulge scum i guess. this is quite literally his only mention of the rce slot while it was alive.
iirc I wasn't around maybe at all while rce was in the game? if I was I certainly wasn't active or fully caught up at the time. as for beeboy... like what do you want me to say? lol
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1657, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 1389, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1387, DeasVail wrote: Bulge, the reason I asked you the question I did is because it kind of feels like you're holding yourself back from townreading me, with all these qualifiers of "DV is a very skilled player" etc. that stop something that would otherwise be town about me from being a reason to townread me. What is your basis for being particularly concerned about my ability as scum, compared to other people?
disagree. there have been more posts from you that pinged me in some way than from any of my townreads. there are 3 main reasons why you are not a scumread. the way you pressured RCE is one of them, and would be the most impressive part of your play if you do flip red.
but a doomed slot is a doomed slot, and I think we both come from an era of mafia where there are no holds barred when it comes to bussing a partner replacing in like that
(daytalk made all the scum on this site soft!).
I also really liked the way you tried to squeeze content out of creature, but with him in my top scumreads I have to consider the possibility of his buddies coming in to bail him out of a content hole.
finally, painting yourself into a corner saying you will likely end up townreading me upon review was a good look for you
, but these are only words. So yea, there are things holding me back, but I don't know where you get the impression that I should have you higher on my list?
=
I don't like these takes actually. the Deas/Creature partners scenario is so unlikely that it feels more like a filler thought process, rather than something that should be more than very negligible in Bulge's head

=
bussing is one thing, but it's about the manner in which you bus and reasons given

=
is it? why can't he just review you and then say he changed his mind or came to a different conclusion? town could easily think they'll do one thing after review but land on another. feels like another fabricated read. POSSIBLY
I cannot begin to describe to you how much I despise reads like your yellow one. "something that should be ____ in _____'s head..." is awful and very frustrating to be on the receiving end of.

I think I already talked about the green point some

sure, it looks good. doesn't have to be town, but I do think it's a town move. and then yea, see above, etc.
In post 1671, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 1440, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1423, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1392, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1128, xRECKONERx wrote: Hmmmm
You think the dueling wagons y/day were SvS?
I noted this as trying to cast doubt on that possibility, but looking again it's actually clearly the opposite, and reck is trying to open this dialogue after briefly hopping onto the Summer counterwagon yesterday, and has been lazily floating it as an alternative to ari all day now.
i have no idea what you are trying to say about me here
at first i thought you were ridiculing the idea, but I realized you were in fact entertaining it
How does Reck's post there appear like he's ridiculing it rather than opening up discussion about it? I don't understand how you came to the first conclusion before you realised
ridiculing is perhaps too strong a word, but my first impression was like "huh you really think the dueling wagons yesterday were SvS? seriously?", which obviously is not what it says, but was how I interpreted it in passing. yea ridicule kinda implies that he was shutting it down entirely which was never my impression

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”